Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Mass Effect

Play Style and Class Load Outs

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Impromptu Escapade Posted at: 14:50 Jul04 2011 Post ID: 3031107
Impromptu Escapade
Post Likes: 7
+
+
So how did you play Mass Effect?

I tended to just focus on Shepard and gunning anyone that moved with my shotgun. I let the AI handle the companions abilities, although I would sometimes manually use them on hard fights (Benezia was rather hard for me, possibly because she was the first one I fought haha). First time through, played Paragon Soldier Shepard, with a focus on Shotguns and Snipers.

What about you guys? Were you an intense micro'er that planned out every strategic move, or more like me and went with the flow. Or something else entirely?

(I'm refering to the original ME, not sure how much they changed it for the second but feel free to discuss that one as well Smile)

An original .Impact!
The Surreptitious Conglomeration
^^ Where all the cool members (and moderators) hang out!
New Msn thing: resonating_dissidence(at)hotmail(dot)com
"Do you want to date my avatar? She's a star; and she's hotter than reality by far."
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Guy117 Posted at: 16:39 Jul04 2011 Post ID: 3031144
Guy117
Big Ghey
Post Likes: 3
+
+
You haven't played ME2 yet? ERROR!! Anyway...
I've made only one Shepard ever. He is a Colonist, War Hero, Paragon, Infiltrator. I like to snipes. The only problem is that the sniper overheats too quickly so I'm forced to use my pistol a lot (which is still quite effective). I wasn't ridiculously strategic but I knew when I should move my team members to a better spot and how to use their powers effectively with my own. Sometimes when I was with Garrus (which was a lot) I would tell him to pull out his sniper and I would pull out my own sniper and all our enemies would die a few moments later. When it came to using tech, I would usually use it when it would save my life or to speed up the carnage a bit. I would use it the most during boss fights.I never really used tech mines strategically because I didn't know how to use one for a long time.
sphynxx Posted at: 17:03 Jul04 2011 Post ID: 3031152
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
+
ME2 was the first I seriously played. I played a little and watched my friend play ME.

ME2 first playthough; Infiltrator, Neutral. Focused on Heavy weapons, snipers and biotics.
ME2 second playthough; Soldier, Paragon. Focused on Assault Rifles and Heavy Weapons and biotoics.
MW2 third playthrough; Infiltrator; Paragon, Focused on Melee & biotics only. Unless absolutely necessary (Ie; defending Garrus) I avoided using weapons.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Impromptu Escapade Posted at: 16:36 Jul05 2011 Post ID: 3031549
Impromptu Escapade
Post Likes: 7
+
+
Isn't it weird playing a sequel without playing the first game in the trilogy sphynxx? I am however rather impressed by your melee/biotic run. Was melee improved at all in ME2? A shotgun to the face was almost always more effective. And those biotic cool downs ... how did you do it?

An original .Impact!
The Surreptitious Conglomeration
^^ Where all the cool members (and moderators) hang out!
New Msn thing: resonating_dissidence(at)hotmail(dot)com
"Do you want to date my avatar? She's a star; and she's hotter than reality by far."
Nic21 Posted at: 14:15 Aug08 2011 Post ID: 3049998
Nic21
#holla
Post Likes: 6
+
+
Impromptu Escapade said:Isn't it weird playing a sequel without playing the first game in the trilogy sphynxx?

hahha, that's what I did. I just saw Mass Effect 2 for $20 and picked it up, loved it so much, ordered the first. d:
You'd be suprised how well you can put together the pieces with just playing ME2. When I went back to play ME1, there were only a few things that totally made everything click.

Let's see if I can remember this for the most part..

ME1 - Soldier, paragon, only weapon I ever used was my pistol. Didn't even control my team's biotics. I knew they were there, I just never bothered trying them out, hahha.
ME1 #2 - Same thing as the first run through, except I used some biotics. Really the reason for this playthrough was to romance Kaiden, and stay loyal through ME2, to hopefully get some luck in ME3, hahahh.
ME1 #3 - Infiltrator, paragon, still only stuck to my pistol. (You can already tell I only have about 1/5th the achievements) Started using my team's biotics a lot more. I almost always used marksman when it cooled down. aaaand I played as a male through this one, wanted to have one playthrough as a guy for da lulz.

ME2 - Infliltrator, paragon, for the most part used my pistol and heavy weapon when needed. Until I got Kasumi's loyalty mission and got the Locust, then I started using that 24/7. Didn't use ANY biotics whatsoever, because this was my first Mass Effect playthrough every, even before ME1. Didn't know about biotics, hell, didn't even know about the right bumper wheel you can access! Never piqued my interest, so I never tried it. (:

Well, I don't feel like typing any more, but basically take all my ME1 playthroughs and import them into ME2. Always paragon, few renegade things, but most were by accident, hahha. I'm still working through my male profile on ME2, and I use biotics all the time now. For the past week I've been on a Mass Effect high, but it's starting go away now, lmao. Figured I'd type this all out since it's fresh in my head.

Oh, big choices. Always saved the council for my ME1 playthroughs, even though they're *****. Talked Wrex out of getting killed with paragon speech. Then through all my ME2 playthroughs everybody survives, even my first ever playthrough. The only reason is because I always have the Mass Effect Wiki on my iPod right next to me when I play. d:

« Last edited by Nic21 on Aug 8th 2011 »
Credit to .Impact for this good lookin' guy right here<3

Xeta Posted at: 15:18 Aug08 2011 Post ID: 3050021
Xeta
Beneta
Post Likes: 79
+
+
Manly soldier because I'm really boring. Assault rifles yeah yeah. I sniped in ME2 often but really never in ME1 because sniping was horrible in ME1.

And always paragon because I'm a real sensitive guy.
ozzo said:xeta actually makes a lot of sense most of the time

if everyone agreed with him more often we wouldnt have this problem
Nic21 Posted at: 15:48 Aug08 2011 Post ID: 3050055
Nic21
#holla
Post Likes: 6
+
+
Xeta said:I sniped in ME2 often but really never in ME1 because sniping was horrible in ME1.

Same, I didn't like it at all in ME1.
Xeta said:And always paragon because I'm a real sensitive guy.

Awwww, sensitive side of Xeta. d:

I just can't be bad in any video game, I don't know why that is..
Credit to .Impact for this good lookin' guy right here<3

Xeta Posted at: 17:57 Aug08 2011 Post ID: 3050145
Xeta
Beneta
+
+
Me neither. The only I could be bad was in Fable. I ****** **** up.

Oh and GTA, but that goes without saying.

Zaltias Posted at: 01:40 Aug09 2011 Post ID: 3050304
Zaltias
Post Likes: 0
+
+
My Shepard (which I'm staying playing) is a Assault Rifle/Sniper type of guy, eh snipes Colossus and doesn't afraid of anything.

Would be pure Paragon, except I scored some Renegade points at the start for knocking that guy who was hiding in the porta-base thing.

10 - Supply Depot (1)
13 - Barracks
15 - Marine (1)
16 - Orbital Command + Supply Depot (2)
16 @100% Marine (1) - Command Center (2)
21 - Bunker (1) + Barracks (2) (3)
Xeta Posted at: 02:07 Aug09 2011 Post ID: 3050310
Xeta
Beneta
+
+
Zalt snipe duel high noon on the Citadel.

You're going down.

Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close