Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater FAQ.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
the_ff_master Posted at: 10:27 Dec14 2005 Post ID: 562653
the_ff_master
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Here is what you get if you beat the bosses with the MK22.

Ocelot : Animal Fur.

The Pain : Hornet Stripe camouflage.

The Fear : Spider camouflage.

The End : Mosin Nagant Sniper Rifle (Tranquilizer Sniper Rifle)./Moss camouflage.

The Fury : Fire camouflage.

The Sorrow : Spirit camouflage (Just go to the end of the river).

Volgin : Cold War camouflage.

The Boss : Snake camouflage.

Here is some tips of how to get them.

Ocelot:
This fight is fairly simple, I just run up the tree on the right and shoot him out with the MK22. If you run out of ammo, just jump of the tree and on each side there will be some ammo for you weapons.

The Pain:
When against The Pain just shoot him when the hornets aren't acting as a sheild for him. When you equip the camouflage Hornet Stipe camoflage, leeches, spiders and hornets will not attack you, you can also 'tame' hornets if you shoot the hives.

The Fear:
It can be quite tricky when against The Fear as he eats food. But as soon as the battle starts equip you Thermal Goggles and you will be able to see him, when he craws down the trees try and shoot him 1-3 times and the same when he goes back up them after he eats stuff. The Spider camoflage uniform gives you 80% camoflage anywhere but it drains your stamina so you have to eat loads of food. Thats why the fear eats a lot of food, but your stamina will go down like 4 times faster than his.

The End:
The End, a good tactic against him is use you Thermal Goggles and run around. When he shoots you look at the map and you will see where he is, look in that direction and you should see The End, only because he will be white because of the Themal Goggles. After you beat him you get the Mosin Nagant sniper rifle. Instead of firing real bullets like the SVD this shoots tranquiler rounds, putting your target to sleep. And to get his camouflage, Moss here is what you do.
Recomended For At Least The Second Time Through.
When against The End, equip the AP Sensor, Spirit Camouflage and the M37 shotgun, when you have these equiped run up behind The End and point your M37 at him making Snake yell "FREEZE!" make sure you don't shoot him. Hold down L1 to keep Snake's aim on The End, move round to the front of him and point the M37 at his head, at this The End will say "I don't think so." take your guns aim off him, or change the gun if you struggle not to shoot it. Repeat this and on the third time The End will say something along the lines of "Fine, take it and go."

The Fury:
Unlike most of the other battles don't use your Themal Goggles as when he shoots his flame thrower it will bevery bright and you wont be able to see The Fury very well if he is in the middle of it. What I did was equiped the Motion Detector and when I saw him running on it a hit behind round the corner of the aile was coming down so when he gets to the end he will stop then you use the Jump-Out Shot and shoot him 3 or 4 times. After your victory you will get the Fire camoflage, this halves all damage from fire and explosions such as grenades by half AND you will never get burnt, unfortunatly you will still lose LIFE.

Volgin:
I beat him by when he uses his hand as a machine gun run behind and shoot him 3-4 times from behind, this is really the only way to beat him with the MK22, if you have devolped your C.Q.C. skills, do the move where Snake slams them to the floor and normally knocks them out however, this will NOT knock out Volgin, though when he's on the floor press and hold L1 to automatically aim at Volgin and shoot him 3 times. After you beat him he will drop the Cold War camouflage, it has the Soviet Union flag on it, soldiers from the Soviet Union will hesitate to attack you if you have this on.

The Boss:
This is by far the hardest one to get but you should be able to do it. I beat her by wearing the Snow camoflage and Snow face paint so you are best camouflaged. You run to a spot with your back to a wall then crouch. Equip your Thermal Goggles to get around her amazing camouflage. I then equiped the Mosin Nagant Sniper Rifle and shot her down, when she was almost dead I ran at her with my MK22 equiped and fired multiple rounds untill one hit her. An alternative way is to run at her and when she uses C.Q.C on you, press and hold circle at the EXACT moment when she hit's you, this will counter her attack and you will be able to shoot her with multiple rounds from the MK22. After that you get the Snake camouflage, this gives you great camoflage in every area, it is very simerler to the Spider camoflage except this doesn't drain your stamina.

You can NOT get The Boss' C.Q.C. moves.
There are 64 Kerotan Frogs, no more, no less.
Snake is Big Boss.
In the manual it shows "Hive Of Pain Hornets" to get these, throw a hornets nest onto the platform where The Pain stands and at the end of the fight they will be "Hive Of Pain Hornets".
To get the Stealth Camouflage you can either:
� Shoot all 64 Kerotan Frogs.
� Go no Alerts throughout the game.
To get the Infinity Face Paint you must:
� Capture the Tsuchinoko snake. Only one in the whole game. You must take it to the end of the game ALIVE.
Kill/Capture all animals in an area, I recommend where you fight The Fear, when you are sure you have killed them all, plant some mouse traps, leave the area and come back, if you did this right one of the mice traps should have TSUCINO over the top. Later on, you must re-capture it aster the torture scene in Gornyz Grad, you can re-capture the Tsuchinoko about one in-game meter from the tree just south of the waterfall where you meet up with Eva. Shoot it with the MK22 and carry on as normal.
In the flower field where you fight The Boss, there is 3 snakes near each big log/rock, they are white and are only visible with the Thermal Goggles, and are then still hard to see. These are named:
� Snake Solid.
� Snake Liquid.
� Snake Solidus.
I haven't been able to prove a use for these except to get the EZ gun.
To get the EZ gun you may either:
� Start a New Game on the Very Easy difficulty.
� Capture/Kill all of the 47(I think) animals and plants, I'm not sure if you have to eat them all, so I suggest you do, untill it is proven that you don't have to eat them.
Philosification of life: How do you prove that you exist? Maybe we don't exist...
I´m sorry...

http://forums.supercheats.c...ic=33964

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
koolkid24 Posted at: 14:49 Dec15 2005 Post ID: 564552
koolkid24
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Ok this is almost the same as the first one you have do you want that one closed pick one please
I'm Back!!
gigorga Posted at: 19:27 Dec16 2005 Post ID: 566760
gigorga
+
+
Oh ya and don't forget that when you use C.Q.C. on The Boss use it again then she will fall on the ground and say "Exelent Jack" then you shoot rounds at her face when she is on the ground.
the_ff_master Posted at: 05:51 Dec24 2005 Post ID: 582089
the_ff_master
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Yeah, I'll close the other one, as really this is just an improved version of it. And yeah, it's been a while since I played this game since I've got everything (Except the EZ(Which I should also Edit into the post)). Thanks for telling me guys. And sorry I haven't been on for a while, my comp has screwed up a bit, so I'm limited to the time I can be online.
Philosification of life: How do you prove that you exist? Maybe we don't exist...
I´m sorry...

http://forums.supercheats.c...ic=33964

gigorga Posted at: 15:01 Jan01 2006 Post ID: 594188
gigorga
+
+
Your welcome.Oh ya sorry I havent been on for a while to.My brothers computer is messed up so I wont be on for a bit.And one more thing what happened to koolkid24 as a mod in this forum? It says moderators for this forum the_ff_master and gigorga is that right or is it just the computer I am on?
koolkid24 Posted at: 20:15 Jan01 2006 Post ID: 594687
koolkid24
Post Likes: 1
+
+
I am a supermod now gigorga.Also gigorga and the_ff_master please keep this forum active.

Thank you
Supermod,koolkid24
I'm Back!!
therapper Posted at: 03:38 Jan06 2006 Post ID: 601067
therapper
+
+
On 16-Dec-2005 gigorga said:Oh ya and don't forget that when you use C.Q.C. on The Boss use it again then she will fall on the ground and say "Exelent Jack" then you shoot rounds at her face when she is on the ground.
and when she gets up run like hell for cover!

(koolkid supermod? well done!)

05/06 hall of famer

RIP Proof
RIP tu Pac

2 of the best rappers ever

cred to v-gamer for the avatar
gigorga Posted at: 17:15 Jan07 2006 Post ID: 603938
gigorga
+
+
Ya run for your life.
Oh ya the_ff_master you dont need a shotgun to get his camo.You can use any gun.And you can use the thermal googles to track him down not just to look for him. Cause you see his foot steps when he runs .Its funny realy because once you find his footsteps it leads you right to him then you say freeze then shoot him in the head 3 times (only if you got his camo of course)then you just repeat it and in about a few minuts you will beat him.
Wow your a Supermod! Congradulations!
silentsnake Posted at: 06:23 Feb22 2006 Post ID: 699557
silentsnake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
ok so i may b a new guy but im still a fan and that unites us all snake eater fans
gigorga Posted at: 15:50 Feb25 2006 Post ID: 706538
gigorga
+
+
Umm thats a bit off topic here.
PSPal Posted at: 19:11 Mar25 2006 Post ID: 760062
PSPal
Forum GuestMember
+
+
(This is a bit off topic but Im posting it because this is the most recently active board here...)Does anyone have Subsistence yet?I'm getting it in a few days and I can't wait!Btw,awesome FAQ.Its alot better than most I see where they tell you something wrong and mis-spell it too.I can never find that snake by the waterfall.And one time I got all but ONE Kerotan Frog which really ticked me off because it was on the motorcycle part RIGHT AT the beginning of one area!I never knew you could get the stealth camo with no alerts though...Thanks!
"Fighting was the only thing I was good at but at least I always fought for what I beleved in."
gigorga Posted at: 15:29 Apr05 2006 Post ID: 775001
gigorga
+
+
I don't have it but I'm trying to get it.But try not to post stuff thats a bit off topic in the FAQ thread.
PSPal Posted at: 05:40 Apr06 2006 Post ID: 775581
PSPal
Forum GuestMember
+
+
OK,sorry.I got it a little while ago.Really worth the money.Beat it and got the stealth thanks to your FAQ.I thought you could only get it by getting all the frogs.Now I'm working on Infinity Facepaint.Where the heck is that Snake!?!Where should I lay my traps and how many?
"Fighting was the only thing I was good at but at least I always fought for what I beleved in."
riproarin5000 Posted at: 10:15 Jul01 2006 Post ID: 894869
riproarin5000
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I thought you had to have no kills as well as no alerts and less than 5 hrs play time to get the stealth camo?

[color=navy][b][i]
I always could count on Futures
[/color][/b][/i]
gigorga Posted at: 19:29 Jul14 2006 Post ID: 923978
gigorga
+
+
Nope. Just go through the whole game without getting an alert. And your rank at the end will be cameleon.
martinbirch Posted at: 20:43 Jul17 2006 Post ID: 930150
martinbirch
Forum GuestMember
+
+
anybody know how to get the rail gun? i got it somehow in the last file i played
seth the barbarien
gigorga Posted at: 13:04 Jul19 2006 Post ID: 933428
gigorga
+
+
Rail gun? Um are you sure your talking about snake eater or heli attck 3
zachta5838 Posted at: 07:59 Sep24 2006 Post ID: 1058975
zachta5838
+
+
Oh the Rail Gun is in this game.It's in the desert with the helicopters hovering about.
What would Jesus do? Usher For Life!!!
soquid snake Posted at: 16:17 Dec13 2006 Post ID: 1212756
soquid snake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
How do u get it? oh and PSPpal, great GayFox quote, but it would be even better if u added a coma between the first at and but.
agentguy Posted at: 17:29 Dec16 2006 Post ID: 1218959
agentguy
Forum GuestBanned
+
+
is the camera mode that much differnt from mgs 2?
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close