Your Account
    Log into your account here:
       Forgot Password

    Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Follow the dark path or use the light
Mobile
go

Nintendo 3DS Sounds painful

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Recent Posts Games Series Hubs
Game Filters
Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
dragonx254 Posted at: 20:09 Mar23 2010 Post ID: 2818417
dragonx254
Elite Gamer
AvatarMember
Posts: 507
Post Likes: 0
+
0
+
I don't know about everyone else, but a handheld that's always in 3-D (assuming your head is in the right spot) sounds like a big headache to avid gamers like me.

sig credit goes to Craizen
Resurrection in process: Final Fantasy Eternal
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
guy in oakland Posted at: 20:12 Mar23 2010 Post ID: 2818418
guy in oakland
AvatarMember
Posts: 10,555
Post Likes: 5
+
0
+
probably will be an option to turn it off,or something like that manner



PSN-intayaz




Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
dragonx254 Posted at: 20:46 Mar23 2010 Post ID: 2818429
dragonx254
Elite Gamer
AvatarMember
Posts: 507
Post Likes: 0
+
0
+
Which then makes it exactly like a DSi. Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

sig credit goes to Craizen
Resurrection in process: Final Fantasy Eternal
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
guy in oakland Posted at: 21:57 Mar23 2010 Post ID: 2818466
guy in oakland
AvatarMember
Posts: 10,555
Post Likes: 5
+
0
+
nintendo knows what they're doing,they aren't just going to take the Dsi and add 3d.this was thought out very carefully and we should wait until E3 when we can see the thing in person before judging it.



PSN-intayaz




Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
digireaper Posted at: 16:03 Mar24 2010 Post ID: 2818672
digireaper
AvatarMember
Posts: 1,254
Post Likes: 0
+
0
+
Ah, i was doing a sort of report type thing for this same subject and i have to say i do agree with Guy, Nintendo knows what their getting themselves into, their no greenhorns in the gameing industry, they probably went through extensive testing before even thinking about showing to the public, id like to see how they incorperate the 3-d without glasses, Im very excited about this because id like to see the ways nintendo has brought to the table this time, its either going to be a huge sucess or a huge failure.


Do not waste your time on Social Questions. What is the matter with the poor is Poverty; what is the matter with the rich is Uselessness.

Tank!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
dragonx254 Posted at: 19:11 Mar24 2010 Post ID: 2818755
dragonx254
Elite Gamer
AvatarMember
Posts: 507
Post Likes: 0
+
0
+
Well, they said they're going to use "Lenticules" (or something like that), which is some sort of lens placed over a standard screen that alters which pixels go to which eye. Thing is, you have to be in the right position, or the pixels won't produce that 3-D effect.

sig credit goes to Craizen
Resurrection in process: Final Fantasy Eternal
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
david_banner Posted at: 18:35 Apr09 2010 Post ID: 2827060
david_banner
AvatarMember
Posts: 35
Post Likes: 0
+
0
+
I'm actually pretty excited about this, really the only game i play on my gameboy is pokemon, it's intriguing to think about the possibilities for that game in 3D. Mind you it could also be very disappointing, does anyone know what sort of graphics this system is claiming to have? A small to moderate increase from DS/DSi might be uninspiring, but a significant increase could be veryvery interesting
Play with me on OMGPOP: http://www.omgpop.com/?r=51q1
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
digireaper Posted at: 19:20 Apr09 2010 Post ID: 2827105
digireaper
AvatarMember
Posts: 1,254
Post Likes: 0
+
0
+
Well besides the 3d its soposed to have all other things are speculation, Just going to have to wait and see.


Do not waste your time on Social Questions. What is the matter with the poor is Poverty; what is the matter with the rich is Uselessness.

Tank!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
mrsolo3000 Posted at: 21:11 Apr18 2010 Post ID: 2833454
mrsolo3000
But just call me Solo :D
AvatarMember
Posts: 2,048
Post Likes: 0
+
0
+
I thought it was a face tracker sorta 3-D. Like, it follows your eyes mouth and nose and when you move to the right/left, the camera of the game your playing moves. Or... something like that... But if it were like that it wouldn't really hurt your eyes, right?
Click my sig to go to Team Diamond Dudes! Still rank 33!

best bud: Mario54

If you have a 3DS, add me! My friend code is:
1848-1681-0045


It baffles me how guests ask questions saying "how to ___."
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
digireaper Posted at: 15:51 Apr19 2010 Post ID: 2833731
digireaper
AvatarMember
Posts: 1,254
Post Likes: 0
+
0
+
Well first off the "face tracker" uses the texture and color of peoples faces to determine where your face is so if your face looks too much like the backround it will say it cant read the face.

And again all we have as to the 3d information is speculation, as we have no idea how it will bw incorperiated yet.


Do not waste your time on Social Questions. What is the matter with the poor is Poverty; what is the matter with the rich is Uselessness.

Tank!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Symbol de Au Posted at: 19:25 Apr19 2010 Post ID: 2833849
Symbol de Au
AvatarMember
Posts: 834
Post Likes: 0
+
0
+
dragonx254 said:I don't know about everyone else, but a handheld that's always in 3-D (assuming your head is in the right spot) sounds like a big headache to avid gamers like me.


I think I'd stop noticing it pretty soon.


|????????$????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
mrsolo3000 Posted at: 21:59 Apr20 2010 Post ID: 2834371
mrsolo3000
But just call me Solo :D
AvatarMember
Posts: 2,048
Post Likes: 0
+
0
+
digireaper said:Well first off the "face tracker" uses the texture and color of peoples faces to determine where your face is so if your face looks too much like the backround it will say it cant read the face.

And again all we have as to the 3d information is speculation, as we have no idea how it will bw incorperiated yet.


It doesn't depend on your skin color, it only needs to recognize your mouth eyes and nose... Cuz on the DSi cam no matter what shade the background is it alwaysfinds my face...

and I know, it says it isn't a 3DS demo, but it could work something like this.
Click my sig to go to Team Diamond Dudes! Still rank 33!

best bud: Mario54

If you have a 3DS, add me! My friend code is:
1848-1681-0045


It baffles me how guests ask questions saying "how to ___."
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
digireaper Posted at: 16:27 Apr26 2010 Post ID: 2836789
digireaper
AvatarMember
Posts: 1,254
Post Likes: 0
+
0
+
mrsolo3000 said:
digireaper said:Well first off the "face tracker" uses the texture and color of peoples faces to determine where your face is so if your face looks too much like the backround it will say it cant read the face.

And again all we have as to the 3d information is speculation, as we have no idea how it will bw incorperiated yet.


It doesn't depend on your skin color, it only needs to recognize your mouth eyes and nose... Cuz on the DSi cam no matter what shade the background is it alwaysfinds my face....


Well maybe because im a pasty faced person whose bedroom walls do look like my skin tone that that happens to me, but i know that the Dsi does infact take tecture and color into account.


Do not waste your time on Social Questions. What is the matter with the poor is Poverty; what is the matter with the rich is Uselessness.

Tank!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
GuitarHero!!! Posted at: 12:06 Jun04 2010 Post ID: 2851834
GuitarHero!!!
AvatarMember
Posts: 13
Post Likes: 0
+
0
+
Read Issue 56 of the Official Nintendo Magazine for answers about the 3DS. Pages 58-66. They go through speculation and how the 3D bits work. A great magazine in total especially if you like Nintendo.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Camewel Posted at: 20:48 Jun09 2010 Post ID: 2853868
Camewel
Dual Youtuber
AvatarMember
Posts: 1,240
Post Likes: 1
+
0
+
I think it's going to be a pretty incredible piece of tech.
Click meh plz

Sig by AustinAnymous

Join
Bugsy's team, it could do with a few more members...
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
mrsolo3000 Posted at: 22:21 Jun13 2010 Post ID: 2855679
mrsolo3000
But just call me Solo :D
AvatarMember
Posts: 2,048
Post Likes: 0
+
0
+
Nintendo announced that 3D is optional in it recently though, you can turn it off and on.
Click my sig to go to Team Diamond Dudes! Still rank 33!

best bud: Mario54

If you have a 3DS, add me! My friend code is:
1848-1681-0045


It baffles me how guests ask questions saying "how to ___."
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Xeta Posted at: 23:30 Jun13 2010 Post ID: 2855696
Xeta
Beneta
AvatarMember
Posts: 6,129
Post Likes: 79
+
0
+
digireaper said:Ah, i was doing a sort of report type thing for this same subject and i have to say i do agree with Guy, Nintendo knows what their getting themselves into, their no greenhorns in the gameing industry, they probably went through extensive testing before even thinking about showing to the public, id like to see how they incorperate the 3-d without glasses, Im very excited about this because id like to see the ways nintendo has brought to the table this time, its either going to be a huge sucess or a huge failure.


I guess you never heard of Virtual Boy.

ozzo said:xeta actually makes a lot of sense most of the time

if everyone agreed with him more often we wouldnt have this problem
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
mrsolo3000 Posted at: 00:34 Jun14 2010 Post ID: 2855720
mrsolo3000
But just call me Solo :D
AvatarMember
Posts: 2,048
Post Likes: 0
+
0
+
Xeta said:
digireaper said:Ah, i was doing a sort of report type thing for this same subject and i have to say i do agree with Guy, Nintendo knows what their getting themselves into, their no greenhorns in the gameing industry, they probably went through extensive testing before even thinking about showing to the public, id like to see how they incorperate the 3-d without glasses, Im very excited about this because id like to see the ways nintendo has brought to the table this time, its either going to be a huge sucess or a huge failure.


I guess you never heard of Virtual Boy.


But even if the 3D does suck (not that it will) you can turn it off. But theres still more to look forward to, the better graphics, the rumble pack, the accelerometer, the rumored 3G (the 3 in 3DS might not only mean three dimensional) and more.

« Last edited by mrsolo3000 on Jun 14th 2010 »
Click my sig to go to Team Diamond Dudes! Still rank 33!

best bud: Mario54

If you have a 3DS, add me! My friend code is:
1848-1681-0045


It baffles me how guests ask questions saying "how to ___."
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Aether13 Posted at: 20:36 Jun15 2010 Post ID: 2856887
Aether13
AvatarMember
Posts: 2,658
Post Likes: 1
+
0
+
mrsolo3000 said:
Xeta said:
digireaper said:Ah, i was doing a sort of report type thing for this same subject and i have to say i do agree with Guy, Nintendo knows what their getting themselves into, their no greenhorns in the gameing industry, they probably went through extensive testing before even thinking about showing to the public, id like to see how they incorperate the 3-d without glasses, Im very excited about this because id like to see the ways nintendo has brought to the table this time, its either going to be a huge sucess or a huge failure.


I guess you never heard of Virtual Boy.


But even if the 3D does suck (not that it will) you can turn it off. But theres still more to look forward to, the better graphics, the rumble pack, the accelerometer, the rumored 3G (the 3 in 3DS might not only mean three dimensional) and more.

They may do 3G since nintendo said today that they are trying to make wifi alot better.


Veenis made teh siggy :D
Heart Gold FC: 5242 6951 2898
Also if you want to go to PXE click this link...DO IT!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
mrsolo3000 Posted at: 20:52 Jun17 2010 Post ID: 2857696
mrsolo3000
But just call me Solo :D
AvatarMember
Posts: 2,048
Post Likes: 0
+
0
+
the analog stick, NEW PAPER MARIO REMAKE OF OCARINA OF TIME REMAKE OF STARFOX 64 NINTENDOGS AND CATS
Click my sig to go to Team Diamond Dudes! Still rank 33!

best bud: Mario54

If you have a 3DS, add me! My friend code is:
1848-1681-0045


It baffles me how guests ask questions saying "how to ___."
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.
Sign Up Register for free.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.
 

Post Top
Click to close