Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Follow the dark path or use the light
Mobile
go

So I have a Wii =/

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Recent Posts Games Series Hubs
Game Filters
Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

qwertyuio Posted at: 00:08 Sep15 2010 Post ID: 2902286
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 9
+
+
My brother got a Wii for his birthday, but of course I'm able to play it whenever I wish to. Can't say I really care for it, but seeing as I do have it I don't want to miss out on anything.

I want to know what the best current must-have Wii games are. Keep in mind I'm a competitive shooter/action game player at heart, but I really appreciate a good story, and good games in general.
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Jirachi X Posted at: 00:47 Sep15 2010 Post ID: 2902289
Jirachi X
Post Likes: 2
+
+
Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart.

Thats all I've got.

Oh, make sure you get F-Zero GX since the Wii runs Gamecube games =D
I'm gone - bye
Zaltias Posted at: 02:26 Sep15 2010 Post ID: 2902310
Zaltias
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. Albeit, PoR is a Gamecube game, but playing it really enriches the RD experience. So its not in your Shooter/Action genre, but rather a turn based strategy RPG.

Otherwise qwert, Wii for competitive online gaming? Does not compute. Taron covered pretty much the only two online competitive games I know of for Wii. Its more for the party games, with a few gems thrown in here and there, like Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2.

10 - Supply Depot (1)
13 - Barracks
15 - Marine (1)
16 - Orbital Command + Supply Depot (2)
16 @100% Marine (1) - Command Center (2)
21 - Bunker (1) + Barracks (2) (3)
digireaper Posted at: 14:39 Sep15 2010 Post ID: 2902539
digireaper
+
+
Congrats dood, I would suggest getting Monster Hunter Tri, possibly one of the best game released for the Wii.

For a shooter Game try The Conduit, but its weird so I would suggest renting it before buying it to see if its for you.

If you enjoy gore and some good storyline get No More Heros 1 and/or 2, cause I remember buying 2 first then getting 1 cause it was the second one was really good.

Possibly try Madworld if you can still find a copy.

Stay away from Final Fantasy games for the Wii because although the graphics are good the gameplay is mediocer at best and the My Sims series is pretty bad too.

If you plan to get the Wii Speek Accessory their are only 2 games that I know of that actually utilise it, those 2 being Animal Crossing: City Folk and Monster Hunter Tri, but its much better to just type then try to actually use it.

Oh and one more thing, Both Call of Duty World at War and Modern Warefare have been remade for the Wii but only Modern Warefare is worth getting as World at War has had major cuts to its online playability.

« Last edited by digireaper on Sep 15th 2010 »

Do not waste your time on Social Questions. What is the matter with the poor is Poverty; what is the matter with the rich is Uselessness.

Tank!
steelersrock01 Posted at: 14:57 Sep15 2010 Post ID: 2902547
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 156
+
+
The best games I have are SSBB, Mario Kart, New SMB, and SMG 1 & 2.
jose22_1986 Posted at: 17:37 Sep20 2010 Post ID: 2905581
jose22_1986
Apparition
+
+
Try the Metroid Prime Trilogy for Action Shooters and for competetive try Super Smash Bros. sometimes it lags and sometimes it's lagless sometimes it just shuts off but I had alot of fun online with it. Problem is Brawls with anyone no longer work so you can only brawl people whose friendcode you have.(It's much more fun that way anyway.)

You can also try Medal of Honor Heroes 2 for competetive online shooter, I'm not sure how active it's wifi is anymore since my cousin borrowed it and didn't bring it back and I haven't played it again in awhile. I'm not sure how good it is compared to other shooters since that's not really my genre but it was fun online for me at the least. There's also a Call of Duty Game(I think it wa WoW but I'm not sure) that has wifi and a few people on forums for Medal of Honor Heroes 2 said it was better.

You might also try Resident Evil 4 and maybe some other Resident Evil's I only played number 4 (also it was on gamecube) but it was a cool game and it's been re-made for wii.
Guy117 Posted at: 17:40 Sep20 2010 Post ID: 2905583
Guy117
Big Ghey
Post Likes: 3
+
+
super smash bros. is a must for wii. i your a fan of the metroid series get the trilogy and other m. another game that entertained me for some time was punch out
Symmetry Posted at: 18:52 Oct11 2010 Post ID: 2914390
Symmetry
+
+
Seven posts and no one's mentioned Okami yet!?

You should all be ashamed. ):

I've not played Okami yet, but from what I've heard, it's worth checking out. It's not a shooter or anything, though. From the looks of it, it's an Action/Adventure RPG type of thing. I'm too lazy to do the research, but I shouldn't be too far off.
Well, a time-traveling phone booth can only take you so far...
Axionas Posted at: 18:53 Oct11 2010 Post ID: 2914391
Axionas
Kitsune-no-Okami
Post Likes: 5
+
+
Okami, like Gabby said. It's a pretty fun game. Long and a great story line.
qwertyuio Posted at: 19:18 Oct11 2010 Post ID: 2914403
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 9
+
+
Alright so I'll buy:
SSBB
Okami (I've actually played the original on PS2 and it's one of my fav games of all time. My understanding is that this other one for Wii is actually a reboot though, not totally the same.)
Res. Evil. 4
Super Mario Galaxy 2
and probably madworld

Much appreciated guys.

« Last edited by qwertyuio on Oct 11th 2010 »
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
SuperCheatMaster Posted at: 14:49 Oct28 2010 Post ID: 2920782
SuperCheatMaster
+
+
Well you shooter/action games shall I suggest Sin and Punishment 2 you will enjoy it I guarentee it.Smile
Volke Posted at: 07:49 Oct29 2010 Post ID: 2921232
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
qwertyuio said:Alright so I'll buy:
SSBB
Okami (I've actually played the original on PS2 and it's one of my fav games of all time. My understanding is that this other one for Wii is actually a reboot though, not totally the same.)
Res. Evil. 4
Super Mario Galaxy 2
and probably madworld

Much appreciated guys.

What? You're not getting either of the Fire Emblem games?

A vital factor which Zaltias somehow forgot to mention is that they have excellent stories.

Sig and avatar by Ozzo. Thanks.

link removed.
digireaper Posted at: 20:46 Oct31 2010 Post ID: 2922392
digireaper
+
+
Ooh? Im not a big Fire Emblem soooo Im probably inclined to advise against it.

But thats just my opinion.

If you still plan on buying stuff, you might wanna check out the Wii Shop Channel every now and then, you might have to sift through some crap but there are a few gems there.

Do not waste your time on Social Questions. What is the matter with the poor is Poverty; what is the matter with the rich is Uselessness.

Tank!
mrsolo3000 Posted at: 22:43 Nov06 2010 Post ID: 2924745
mrsolo3000
But just call me Solo :D
+
+
GOLDENEYE007 IS FOR YOU. I'm DYING to pick it up, but nospending money at the moment :/. It's said to be the best shooter on wii. Check out IGN's reveiw .
Click my sig to go to Team Diamond Dudes! Still rank 33!

best bud: Mario54

If you have a 3DS, add me! My friend code is:
1848-1681-0045

It baffles me how guests ask questions saying "how to ___."
mr.619 Posted at: 17:33 Nov14 2010 Post ID: 2927420
mr.619
Wisco
Post Likes: 5
+
+
Err, don't get Goldeneye. The hottest game of the year for me, and it was a huge disappointment. If you loved the N64 game, this game will definitely disappoint you. It's NOTHING like the first game, and it's way harder.
nightmare2 Posted at: 22:50 Nov28 2010 Post ID: 2931446
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
+
Ahh I am too late.
New Super Mario Bros. Think it was mentioned.
Mario Party 8
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
mrsolo3000 Posted at: 21:26 Dec12 2010 Post ID: 2936383
mrsolo3000
But just call me Solo :D
+
+
mr.619 said:Err, don't get Goldeneye. The hottest game of the year for me, and it was a huge disappointment. If you loved the N64 game, this game will definitely disappoint you. It's NOTHING like the first game, and it's way harder.

Yeah, they didn't look to much at the original for this, they focused on the newer games of today like CoD. Even though I have yet to even play it, the gameplay videos look pretty fun.
Click my sig to go to Team Diamond Dudes! Still rank 33!

best bud: Mario54

If you have a 3DS, add me! My friend code is:
1848-1681-0045

It baffles me how guests ask questions saying "how to ___."
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close