Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
One Piece: Pirate Warriors

What One Piece: Pirate Warriors is. . .

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

X__x Posted at: 13:19 Jul30 2013 Post ID: 3263464
X__x
That Resigned Admin Face/Guy
Post Likes: 2
+
+
Though the game is a year or so old, not many people seem to play it. I happen to have it, myself, so I felt like informing those of you who happen to read this what this game is like.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors is a "hack n' slash" or "beat-em up" style game. You're given the main character, Monkey D. Luffy, to go through various stages that follow along the One Piece story from beginning to end. Although it leaves out many battles Luffy and crew fought in, such as against Eneru (Enel) in Skypiea or a few of the others in the Cipher Pol 9 (CP9), it does stick really close to the main story line that goes on in the manga/anime. In the Main Log, luffy fights against:

Buggy the Clown, Don Krieg, Arlong, Wapol, Crocodile, Kaku, Blueno, Jabra, Rob Lucci, Sentomaru, Pacifista(s), Dracul (Hawkeyes) Mihawk, Ao Kiji (Kuzan), Akainu (Sakazuki), Kizaru (Borsalino), Marshall D. Teach (Blackbeard), Hannayabal, Minotaurus, Magellan, etc.

There are many mini-bosses throughout the game, such as Hannayabal or the Pacifistas. Along with getting to play areas with characters which didn't participate in the fights, you also get to play for PSN Trophies. For instance, when you beat the Main Log, you can play 'Another Log' to go through the main story with other characters. The playable characters are:

Monkey D. Luffy, Roranoa Zoro, Usopp, Nami, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Portgas D. Ace, Edward Newgate (Whitebeard), Boa Hancock, and Jinbe.

There are various support characters, as well, such as Mr 2, Mr 3, Crocodile, Buggy the Clown, Usopp as Sogeking, and various round inhabitants. You're allowed to play with any character in any log, as well, so you're not limited in what the character can fight as. Taking the fight online with friends or random people is also possible with the 'Online' option in the main menu. With this, you can fight as if you're in Another Log, but with a smarter partner than the NPC's you're stuck with.

The game has about one hundred different skills to unlock, with some of them unique to each individual character. Unlocking all of them actually gives you a gold trophy for the game, too. I'd include a video to give you an example of what it looks like, but I'd rather have one of my own instead of someone else's~

Even though there's a forum for it already, the game has a follow-up game called One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2. From my understanding, it adds a lot more characters than the currently released (for north america) version has. Some characters Pirate Warriors feature are not fight-able or even playable. Certain characters, such as Monkey D. Garp, Sengoku, Ivankov, Vivi, Rayleigh, or Bartholomew Kuma.

I personally find this game fun, but I'm waiting for the next version to be released on the PSN.

Forgot I had this tag.

I'm also torn between Red and Green from Super Effective.
People kept asking me for minecraft skins. I now tell them to go to my website to request them.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close