Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Blue

The 6 ways to get Mew- reference thread.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

darkboarder_77 Posted at: 12:05 Jan07 2006 Post ID: 603316
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
+
The six ways to get Mew...

1. First, find a Trainer, any Trainer at all, and battle him/her.

After defeating that Trainer, find a Pokemon of yours that has a Special stat of 21 or 277. Now, put it first in your party.

Go where ever you can find a Ditto and battle it. Let it transform into your Pokemon with the 21 Special stat. After it transforms, defeat it. It is safe to switch out to a different Pokemon now to beat it, if desired.

Fly to Lavender Town and walk off the west end of town. Mew should appear...

2. Walk past Nugget Bridge and left at the end of it. See that grassy bridge right there? Well, go in there, but DO NOT VERSUS THE TRAINER. Now, walk around in the grass until you find an Abra. Catch it when you see it, a simple PokeBall without dealing damage should do the trick. SAVE THE GAME. Now, if the Abra was sent to the PC, store 2 of your Pokemon and withdraw Abra. Why deposite 2 Pokemon? Because you need an extra space in your party to staore Mew. With Abra and 4 other Pokemon in your party, Save the game again, if you want. Head up Nugget Bridge, then swing to the right. You will see a Trainer facing the right, he's one of the first Trainers that will enter your screen. Well, you're going to have to battle him. After doing so, walk into Cerulean City again, then walk back out onto Nugget bridge and head a left where the Trainer in the grass is (I'll explain later why you need to do this). What you'll want to do now is position yourself to be directly above the Trainer, but have him still be one step-square below the screen's view. To give you a feeling of what I mean, position yourself on the left side on the grassy bridge, just down far enough so that you can see 4 grass squares in a square formation below you. Got that? Now SAVE. When you're ready, step down one square and press Start really fast. If done correctly, your manu should pop up, and the Trainer should be to the left of the menu. Now go to your Abra and tell it to Teleport to the Cerulean Pokemon Center. Once you arrive, your A, B, and Start button will not function.

Now, you can battle one of two Trainers now.

You can either battle the first Trainer in Misty's Gym (This way is easier) or you can battle the Trainer on the Route to the right of Nugget Bridge with the Slowpoke. Let's go with the Gym Trainer now, though.

When you walk into the Gym, walk in front of the swimming Trainer and defeat him. Now walk out side of the Gym. Save the game, buy PokeBalls, heal your Pokemon, whatever you need. When you're ready, walk up Nugget Bridge. While walking, your menu should suddenly pop up. Simply press B, and... MEW!

3. You can do the above obtainable, but instead of using Teleport, you can use Fly, if you have it.

4. Find a Trainer, any Trainer, and battle him/her. After the battle, fight a wild Pokemon that might have a spacial stat of 21 or 277. If that Pokemon does have a special stat of 21 or 277, then you should be able to find Mew by either going into the route where the Trainer was that you battled before the Pokemon battle or be able to walk off the west end of Lavender and be able to encounter Mew.

5. Through a GameShark.

6. Through encountering Error Pokemon on the east shore of Cinnabar Island or Seafoam Islands. To encounter Mew as an Error Pokemon, try starting the game with your name as "Xavier" (without the quotes), you may be able to find high level Mews, but I cannot promise this.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
parrotboy Posted at: 19:11 Jan20 2007 Post ID: 1308307
parrotboy
+
+
this thread is open now so people can discus the ways to get mew, if they want to
This world is full of people trying to copy the people who try to copy them.

Be individual!

http://member.mibba.com/9856/
Heat of the moment Posted at: 22:52 Mar05 2007 Post ID: 1415268
Heat of the moment
+
+
On 07-Jan-2006 darkboarder_77 said:The six ways to get Mew...

1. First, find a Trainer, any Trainer at all, and battle him/her.

After defeating that Trainer, find a Pokemon of yours that has a Special stat of 21 or 277. Now, put it first in your party.

Go where ever you can find a Ditto and battle it. Let it transform into your Pokemon with the 21 Special stat. After it transforms, defeat it. It is safe to switch out to a different Pokemon now to beat it, if desired.

Fly to Lavender Town and walk off the west end of town. Mew should appear...

2. Walk past Nugget Bridge and left at the end of it. See that grassy bridge right there? Well, go in there, but DO NOT VERSUS THE TRAINER. Now, walk around in the grass until you find an Abra. Catch it when you see it, a simple PokeBall without dealing damage should do the trick. SAVE THE GAME. Now, if the Abra was sent to the PC, store 2 of your Pokemon and withdraw Abra. Why deposite 2 Pokemon? Because you need an extra space in your party to staore Mew. With Abra and 4 other Pokemon in your party, Save the game again, if you want. Head up Nugget Bridge, then swing to the right. You will see a Trainer facing the right, he's one of the first Trainers that will enter your screen. Well, you're going to have to battle him. After doing so, walk into Cerulean City again, then walk back out onto Nugget bridge and head a left where the Trainer in the grass is (I'll explain later why you need to do this). What you'll want to do now is position yourself to be directly above the Trainer, but have him still be one step-square below the screen's view. To give you a feeling of what I mean, position yourself on the left side on the grassy bridge, just down far enough so that you can see 4 grass squares in a square formation below you. Got that? Now SAVE. When you're ready, step down one square and press Start really fast. If done correctly, your manu should pop up, and the Trainer should be to the left of the menu. Now go to your Abra and tell it to Teleport to the Cerulean Pokemon Center. Once you arrive, your A, B, and Start button will not function.

Now, you can battle one of two Trainers now.

You can either battle the first Trainer in Misty's Gym (This way is easier) or you can battle the Trainer on the Route to the right of Nugget Bridge with the Slowpoke. Let's go with the Gym Trainer now, though.

When you walk into the Gym, walk in front of the swimming Trainer and defeat him. Now walk out side of the Gym. Save the game, buy PokeBalls, heal your Pokemon, whatever you need. When you're ready, walk up Nugget Bridge. While walking, your menu should suddenly pop up. Simply press B, and... MEW!

3. You can do the above obtainable, but instead of using Teleport, you can use Fly, if you have it.

4. Find a Trainer, any Trainer, and battle him/her. After the battle, fight a wild Pokemon that might have a spacial stat of 21 or 277. If that Pokemon does have a special stat of 21 or 277, then you should be able to find Mew by either going into the route where the Trainer was that you battled before the Pokemon battle or be able to walk off the west end of Lavender and be able to encounter Mew.

5. Through a GameShark.

6. Through encountering Error Pokemon on the east shore of Cinnabar Island or Seafoam Islands. To encounter Mew as an Error Pokemon, try starting the game with your name as "Xavier" (without the quotes), you may be able to find high level Mews, but I cannot promise this.
The last way, number six, does not work.
I'll be back you know.
http://forums.supercheats.com/topic.php?topic=47951
Green Day Posted at: 01:51 Apr12 2007 Post ID: 1512353
Green Day
+
+
Yes it does, maybe you did it wrong.
Dark Boarder should have been an admin ....too bad he left the site.
parrotboy Posted at: 01:56 Apr19 2007 Post ID: 1535760
parrotboy
+
+
It says "you may be able to find high level Mews, but I cannot promise this."

Therefore it doesn't always work. Read it through properly people before you dispute it

Be individual!

Wolf_Master Posted at: 16:43 Jun20 2007 Post ID: 1674613
Wolf_Master
+
+
I will try that trick in a few days.

If you have lemons you can make lemonade.
parrotboy Posted at: 23:31 Jun20 2007 Post ID: 1675593
parrotboy
+
+
cool, tell us if it works or not, more opinons are always good.

Be individual!

Wolf_Master Posted at: 16:46 Jun21 2007 Post ID: 1677413
Wolf_Master
+
+
I said a couple of days but I tried it today and it worked except a level 69 mew killed my level 70 dragonite...

If you have lemons you can make lemonade.
Code Red Posted at: 20:02 Jul06 2007 Post ID: 1725804
Code Red
+
+
Sorry, I lied. You can't get Mew from the Missingno. cheat no matter what your name is....it's too bad...You can get Mewtwo though.
Resaiden Posted at: 16:57 Nov17 2007 Post ID: 1996575
Resaiden
+
+
i heard that missingno can turn into mew is it true oh an r these mews a glitch
Cya guys.
Rip Resaiden
September 8, 2007-March 25, 2008

I finally get my submission rank to the top 500 then I get my mod transfer. Oh well. Peace out. New Name: Flamedrario
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close