Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Blue

The truth behind Missingno.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
missingno3 Posted at: 19:37 May15 2006 Post ID: 827698
missingno3
Post Likes: 0
+
+
ok thats spam and thats true youve been spaming alot lately Id like you to stop all the spaming so please dont spam please you might of forgot the rules so take another look at em

« Last edited by missingno3 on May 30th 2006 »
I don't come on SC much these days. It was my first forum, and it will always have a special place in my heart! All the old posts I made before I comprehended English make me smile Smile

Steam:
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
D-Money Posted at: 21:24 Aug04 2006 Post ID: 965503
D-Money
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Alright, so that thing the first person said is mostly false, it evolves to KANGASKAN when you use a rare candy because Kangaskan is hex number 2 on the list, the lugia thing is true it was suppose to be lugia, thats why it knows water gun twice and sky attack, but otherwise what he said is false, the patch area is where the makers dumped everything, its like the recycling on your computer, except you can open it when you have the game change your name(when you change your name as old man when you talk to the old man about catchin pokemon, thats how it works) or change the area (as in safari zone, thats why you can go in once, stay in a grass area and change the area, then go back in once its done, then leave and go out to seafoam island's edge and surf for the saffari pokemon)
missingno3 Posted at: 10:12 Aug07 2006 Post ID: 971812
missingno3
+
+
yep right again
I don't come on SC much these days. It was my first forum, and it will always have a special place in my heart! All the old posts I made before I comprehended English make me smile Smile

Steam:
K Dawg Posted at: 15:20 Sep06 2006 Post ID: 1032325
K Dawg
Post Likes: 13
+
+
I dont suggest doing this trick with missingno I think it ruined my game

^ Credit goes to ozzo
Scuser Posted at: 14:15 Sep07 2006 Post ID: 1033381
Scuser
Forum GuestMember
+
+
im a bit late on this 1 think but missingo was there by accident
nintendo hid it so nobody could find it because they couldnt delete it permanently from the game. i know much about missingno as my aunties husband worked for nintendo and he was a game designer. :D he told me a couple of years ago when everyone was into the game but he was suprised when i already knew so he dosnt know how it got aout. the most brobable thing is some1 got fired and posted it somewhere and it spread. P.S i learnt the trick whne i was 5 years old when i wasat my first year of scholl by showing all the kids my mews from the umm letters my name was weird tho XD
with the GB M DB cheat i now have 3 kangash kans with sky attack and my game is perfectly fine
a nice long post by me a newbie :D
Scuser's Biatch

Lucia the Lesbian!
K Dawg Posted at: 15:15 Sep07 2006 Post ID: 1033569
K Dawg
+
+
Sweet but it gave me a glitch in my game. I knew it like 7 years ago my cousin showed me the rare candy trick

^ Credit goes to ozzo
Scuser Posted at: 10:42 Sep08 2006 Post ID: 1034558
Scuser
Forum GuestMember
+
+
ummm
theres noting i can do about a glitch
maybe trade ure good pkmn over to another R/B or maybe S/G and restarting game.
im might clear the glitches but i dont know
Scuser's Biatch

Lucia the Lesbian!
K Dawg Posted at: 16:06 Sep08 2006 Post ID: 1035020
K Dawg
+
+
It said file destoyed because I cought one like an idiot rofl!

^ Credit goes to ozzo
Scorponis Posted at: 13:06 Sep09 2006 Post ID: 1036242
Scorponis
+
+
Missingno is nothing more than a placeholder Pokemon for those values in the Hex code in which no other Pokemon appear. Unlike 'M(aka M Block, Mysterio), Missingno doesn't do major damage to your game. It pretty much just screws up your Hall of Fame and can scramble your graphics a bit, but the graphics tend to work themselves out if you go, say, into the Cinnabar Pokemon Center. As for the evolution, I'm not sure if MISSINGNO evolves into a Kangaskan, but I DO know that 'M does if the level 0 version gets experience. However, if you store Missingno in your PC for a period of time(recommended while the game is off, though I don't believe it's a requirement), it will turn into a Rhydon because that's the first Pokemon on the roster with a number of 001 since it was the first Pokemon ever made on the game, though this is based off of the bit roster, not Pokemon list. However, even if it turns into a Kangaskan, Rhydon, etc., most of the time you will not be able to trade it to a G/S/C game because it will appear as "abnormal" to the more advanced games, especially if it still knows two water guns.

I've heard theories that Missingno is a remnant of Mew being removed from the game(and perhaps Marril and Lugia fall under this category), but this is NOT the case as Mew hasn't been removed from the game, it's just not programmed to appear as a wild Pokemon. Missingno is merely a glitch that happens to fill part of the extra 105 bit slots that aren't taken up after putting in 151 Pokemon. Also, have you ever looked upon a caught Missingno's stats and noticed it's a Normal/Bird type? A theory I've heard is that this was how most of the Flying types were labeled in the original translation. Since Missingno wasn't supposed to be caught, they didn't bother changing its old type.

Why does Missingo appear then? When you talk to the Old Man with the coffee in Viridian, the game must store your character's information somewhere because you are suddenly replaced with "Old Man." In order to do this, your character's info is stored in one of the bit slots that is used for finding Pokemon. And why is it that only the East side of Cinnabar Island and one of the strips at Seafoam Island are able to make Pokemon appear there that aren't supposed to? They were programmed to let Pokemon appear, but didn't specify WHICH Pokemon. Because of this, Pokemon from the last area you visited appear. Yay for being able to catch Safari Zone Pokemon without those annoying bait, rock, and catch options! Now, the reason why Missingno will appear is because while there are no Pokemon in Viridian City itself, something went into the game's memory under the Pokemon slot...the character! If you take the time to really study, Missingno actually has several pixels from the character making up its glitchy form. Hence why Missingno appears there and why its appearance is the way it is(unless you're able to find one of the fossil Missingno and/or the ghost one).

And why does Missingno, 'M, and those super-high level regular Pokemon appear at different levels? That is based on the name you choose. Unknown to you, there are actually 11 characters that make up those default names you can choose from. This is done by combining three different names with underscores for each name. When you choose a custom name, there is an "End Name" slot at the end that has a Hex value of 80. (For those of you who don't know Hex, don't worry because I'm not a big expert myself. I only know a bit about it from research on the Missingno mystery.) Because of this, you will always find at least the glitchy, pixally Missingno and it will always have an option of being at level 80. Because I can't post websites on here, I can't send the Hex List that tells you how to determine which Pokemon at what levels appear with your name, but you can contact me if you have questions at either my email, or at MstrHarperofPern for AIM.

This is all I can think of telling for now, but I think it's already more than you wanted to know. XD I hope this helps clarify some details. I've looked through many resources including experiments with Missingno, 'M, and other glitches by people and things written by hackers, and I've done my own experiments.

I am training to be a Glitch Master, baby!
K Dawg Posted at: 16:34 Sep09 2006 Post ID: 1036971
K Dawg
+
+
Wow that was a lot of info. MAybe something else destroyed my data then.

^ Credit goes to ozzo
Scorponis Posted at: 18:51 Sep09 2006 Post ID: 1037296
Scorponis
+
+
On 09-Sep-2006 K Dawg said:Wow that was a lot of info. MAybe something else destroyed my data then.
Are you sure it wasn't 'M? I know both from experience and from looking up stuff that 'M is quite capable of doing that to a game, or any of the other glitches that aren't Missingno.

K Dawg Posted at: 16:40 Sep10 2006 Post ID: 1038889
K Dawg
+
+
What is M

^ Credit goes to ozzo
Scorponis Posted at: 18:17 Sep10 2006 Post ID: 1039042
Scorponis
+
+
http://trsrockin.com/images/m.jpg

That would be 'M.

K Dawg Posted at: 15:14 Sep11 2006 Post ID: 1039884
K Dawg
+
+
Maybe that was it. How do u know all this stuff

^ Credit goes to ozzo
Scorponis Posted at: 17:53 Sep11 2006 Post ID: 1040244
Scorponis
+
+
I research, and I found a site that's especially helpful as it has research results from both the webmaster and people who experiment with the glitches.

moogley_woogley Posted at: 18:39 Sep11 2006 Post ID: 1040323
moogley_woogley
Forum GuestMember
+
+
do gameboy games work on nintendo DS? (please answer)
Scorponis Posted at: 19:21 Sep11 2006 Post ID: 1040420
Scorponis
+
+
On 11-Sep-2006 moogley_woogley said:do gameboy games work on nintendo DS? (please answer)
That's off topic and shouldn't be posted in this forum.

missingno3 Posted at: 16:53 Sep12 2006 Post ID: 1041577
missingno3
+
+
ok um no and if ur game screws up theres always a waroing

Steam:
Scorponis Posted at: 21:09 Sep13 2006 Post ID: 1043471
Scorponis
+
+
Who was the "warning for a game screwing up" comment to?

K Dawg Posted at: 14:26 Sep15 2006 Post ID: 1045465
K Dawg
+
+
Dude no they dont and that was off topic

^ Credit goes to ozzo
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close