Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Diamond

What's Next?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Fwank Posted at: 12:39 Sep26 2007 Post ID: 1929430
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
+
I'm not sure... I just think the game is too generic.

Of course, I'm bloody 20 years old, I find everything generic.

I think a simple re-make with the addition of a new area (such as the Sevii Islands in Kanto) would suffice; if they wanted to add new pokemon, they better come up with a new area and start from scratch.

Gary might've been weak, since AI can never be strong... but he kept you on your toes where ever you went, and everytime you're not battling him, you're bloody training your pokemon so you make sure next time you bump into him, you don't lose because you're on low hp from battling trainers (he pops up at the MOST random places... damnit)

And he has some pretty impressive pokemon in FR/LG... since they were improved in ADV... he basically set the standards in ADV battling... I mean for christ sake, he used a Heracross, and a DDGyara that had Taunt... if you chose Chamander as your lead, you had to fight him with two Intimidate users on his team (Gyara and Arcanine) I was fairly impressed with the difficulty of the league in Kanto...

... still walked through it like it was nothing, but that doesn't mean I wasn't impressed.

I think it's high time they increased the difficulty of the games... make the AI smarter in a LEGIT way, not like the battle tower... who just hax to win.
Flame Prince Posted at: 12:44 Sep26 2007 Post ID: 1929440
Flame Prince
Post Likes: 0
+
+
yh that is a point, i was always dreading when he was coming round the corner, and when he did i was like "dang it" because my pokemon woulda been on low hp due to training, but yh he did keep us on our toes, and yh they need to increase the difficulty, and at least make it a bit more interesting if making a remake, and im 13 lol xD
Moron #5
Fwank Posted at: 12:50 Sep26 2007 Post ID: 1929455
Fwank
+
+
Either increase the difficulty, or make more Garys who hide in the bushes and ninja you every time your party is low on HP... man I absolutely hated running into him.

You have no idea how loud I cursed when I found out he was the Champion; I had 2 pokemon left after facing Lance.

But then, thinking deeply about it... the battle towers are pretty darn hard (because the game starts to cheat at higher levels) it's almost impossible to get 100 wins without a very good team... it's just, beating the league never feels like a great achievement... the gym battles themselves don't feel too special either.

We need a quest feel to the game... I wouldn't mind an "old school" feel pokemon game, something like the dark ages of pokemon... so you go around catching pokemon to fight against some... evil... pokemon corporation? Man I'm out of ideas that are appealing to 13 year olds.
Flame Prince Posted at: 12:55 Sep26 2007 Post ID: 1929463
Flame Prince
+
+
lmao, well what did feel like an achievement to me, was back on pokemon silver/gold, where that director dude got captured in goldenrod, and we had to solve that wall puzzle to get through, that was kwl, they should have more puzzles, like the unown puzzle they had, where you had to make the picture, and there is an evil pokemon corporation, its called:
team rocket
team magma
team aqua
team galactic
Moron #5
Fwank Posted at: 13:03 Sep26 2007 Post ID: 1929472
Fwank
+
+
Yeah I know that~ but Aqua/Magma were typical "neo bad guys" where they "had a good cause but did it wrong"

Rocket was "generic evil person"
Galatic was "generic genius turned nutcase"

I was referring to something more pressing... like a good RPG where an evil army rises to destroy the world (for no reason) like a plague that turned pokemon evil... this would make more sense to battle pokemon; why the heck do pokemon attack you for no reason in tall grass anyway? And how do you justify knocking them out for no particular reason? Self defense? Can't you just run?

If there was some sort of plague that turned gentle wild pokemon violent... I don't know, that's just me.

And instead of State-of-the-art technology, I'd stick with something like simple villages, castle towns... stuff like that... D=

Maybe I just want a good RPG game.
Flame Prince Posted at: 13:07 Sep26 2007 Post ID: 1929474
Flame Prince
+
+
aha!! i know what you mean! like on one of the pokemon episodes where team rocket used a drowzee's hypnosis to take over all the pokemon and turn them all evil! we should have somthing like that, and we have to see all the 150 pokemon and purify them, or by attacking some satelite thing or finding the cure! now that would be AWESOME
Moron #5
Fwank Posted at: 13:18 Sep26 2007 Post ID: 1929487
Fwank
+
+
I did thoroughly enjoy RSE's storyline where you were actually involved in the legendary conflict between Kyogre and Groudon... and in Emerald, you even had to wake up Rayquaza to tell the two to stfu.

I felt important, lol.

How about having travel partners? It's so lonely traveling alone D=... I wouldn't mind having some people to double battle with... like how you battled some bad guys with Steve in RSE

Oh, and there needs to be more unique/rare pokemon, like the Gyarados back in GSC... I know that shiny pokemon = rare and unique, but they need more in-game event pokemon, like Marowak on pokemon Tower... Snorlax... Sudowoodo... things like that?

Not too sure anymore... I should really write all these down, because I'm bored.
Flame Prince Posted at: 13:21 Sep26 2007 Post ID: 1929489
Flame Prince
+
+
yh, it was wkd battling with steve, and yh a travel partner, we should also get to choose the types he/she uses xD, that way we could equal out some gd double battlers, and yh the red gyarados, that was kwl, they should do that again, but this time make it a random shiny you find, so you dont know what you get, marowaks ghost i enjoyed that, tried catching it hundreds of times then realizing a couldnt xD
Moron #5
Fwank Posted at: 13:35 Sep26 2007 Post ID: 1929499
Fwank
+
+
Ohhh and trainers wouldn't battle you out of complete no where (if we're still using the same idea... the plague thing) It'd be pokemon trying to ambush you... you'd still run into pokemon in the bushes, but just this time, instead of trainers using pokemon against you, you'd get spotted by pokemon infected by the plague who try to attack you... feasible?
Flame Prince Posted at: 13:37 Sep26 2007 Post ID: 1929502
Flame Prince
+
+
errrm, dont have a clue what feasible means, but i dont think the infected pokemon should appear as trainers, i think every now and then a bunch of infected pokemon surround you, and you can your travel parter have to battle them off

also: a non battle screen battle would be kwl, you know like mystery dungeon? how you can battle like that, well it would be kwl if you could battle without the screen, but send your pokemon out infront of you and command it via the bottem screen, and watch on the top screen, with little hp bars above them, what do you think?
Moron #5
Fwank Posted at: 13:46 Sep26 2007 Post ID: 1929519
Fwank
+
+
Solution: Merge all the games together to create a fun and fresh new pokemon game.

Solve more puzzles through pokemon moves.

Explore more dungeons using pokemon moves.

Just like how you unlocked the Regis...

I think I'm too sleepy.
Flame Prince Posted at: 13:51 Sep26 2007 Post ID: 1929529
Flame Prince
+
+
hmm
solution (my way):
create a new island, but with access to other islands to keep the game long and insteresting

travel partners - have a choice in travel partners - meet and battle people along the way, certain people can join you in your travels

new story line - pokemon get diseased and ambush trainers - must find cure

new challenges - like the unowns, little puzzles like the gold and silver puzzles to get to the unowns

new rivals - a harder more challenging rival that comes out at random times

off screen battling - using the bottem screen to command and the top screen like normal gameplay, but with your pokemon in front of you

all this equals =
one AWESOME pokemon game

what do you think?
Moron #5
jroca130 Posted at: 16:32 Sep26 2007 Post ID: 1929786
jroca130
+
+
Also how about pokemon Snap 2 for the wii!!!!!!!

SHUCKLE OWNZ!!!
Katclaw Posted at: 17:09 Sep26 2007 Post ID: 1929830
Katclaw
+
+
a Crystal remake would be better... one for DS, but with the same starters, etc.
Katclaw Posted at: 17:12 Sep26 2007 Post ID: 1929834
Katclaw
+
+
Fwank... what about the GameCube games, Pokemon Coloseum and XD: Gale of Darkness? They were pretty much what you are talking about- the evil organization, and they turn pokemon evil- they close off their hearts so they will attack anything (Shadow Pokemon) ,with pokemon or not.

« Last edited by Katclaw on Sep 26th 2007 »
Aggron306 Posted at: 19:59 Sep26 2007 Post ID: 1930012
Aggron306
+
+
A remake would suck.
They just need to make a HUGE game that has very Pkmn region + another NEW region.
Pokemon Jade or Onyx would be the best Idea.
Fwank Posted at: 01:23 Sep27 2007 Post ID: 1930221
Fwank
+
+
Well a remake is just a likely scenario... not that any of the ideas we came up with were valid at all, but it seemed interesting.

A game that includes all region would be too tedious (can a DS cart even hold that much information?) not to mention they'd need to stop making older games just to make the new one?
jaimemin123 Posted at: 02:35 Sep27 2007 Post ID: 1930262
jaimemin123
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Pokemon Sunlight
Pokemon Moonlight
Fwank Posted at: 02:45 Sep27 2007 Post ID: 1930268
Fwank
+