Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Diamond

How to hunt Shinys, using the Pokeradar.. ( More info here)

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
ShadowsTM Posted at: 13:38 Jun21 2008 Post ID: 2292147
ShadowsTM
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Right, Welcome to this guide, I got bored, so I'm gonna tell you how to chain shinys then you can tell me how good this guide is and say what you caught using the guide.

Firstly, this is not a copy of any other guide, I'm just typing as I go. Right, Shiny pokemon are pokemon of a different color for example, normal starly (Black and white) when turned shiny (red and white) looks completely different. Shiny pokemon have been around for many generations, but with a pretty pathetic 1/8192 chance of seeing one, with the pokeradar you can lower this down to a much better chance.

Right the Contents:
1) What you will need
2)Starting your chain[size=12][/size]
3)Getting the chain higher
4) Getting the Shiny
5) Another Method revealed
6) Tips, Tricks and FAQs
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) What you will need
Right here we go then, to get your self a shiny you will need a pokeradar which can be gotten from Oak after completing the dex. You will also need the 20th poketech app which is also gotten from oak after going to pal park, this will tell you how far you are on your chain. Next is a pokemon with a lot of PP or some PP restorers, I believe there is berries, but not sure on their name, I use my lvl 100 staraptor, with 40 pp in one move. Finally you will need some max or super repels, you get more from super repels if you add it up.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2) Starting off the chain
Right so you've collected everything you need by now I hope. You can choose from chaining and ordinary pokemon or you can go to dawns house and speak to the younger girl ( dawns sister or Lucas' depending on who you picked) anyway she will tell you a pokemon is swarming, this will be a hard to get pokemon that changes everyday, and is apparently easier to chain. Anyway once you know what your chaining Go into a good patch of grass, a good patch is a patch with lots of grass, and can almost cover the screen, in most areas you will find one of these. there are four areas in which grass will shake. One that is one step form you one that is two steps form you and so on. There will be a few different shakes of grass, a normal one, a sparkly one and a very sparkly one that doesn't shake ( SHINY!!). You must stick with the first patch you choose, the shiny patch doesn't count, becuase after that appears you carry on in the same patch as before. So go into some grass and set off your radar.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3) Getting the chain higher

Ok, so you've started your chain killed the pokemon that you want to get in shiny. now some grass shook afterwards, go to the one four steps away from you, it will be safest, or if it didn't shake the same, reset the radar, run around avoiding shaken patches for 50 sets and use the radar again, your chain will continue. Make sure you don't go out of range though, your chain will be destroyed. So keep your chain going up until 40, sometimes it can break and you didn't do anything wrong, this is frustrating but just try again, it's worth it.

4321_1234

The underscore is you and the numbers represent the patches around you, there will be one patch shake in each area, one in the area marked 1 one in the area marked 2 etc up till 4, the safest patch to pcik is in the 4 area
4) Getting the shiny

Now its up to 40 keep reseting until a shiny patch appears i will provide a video link so you can see what the patch will look like :
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HEdcXCkMRbA go into the patch and catch your shiny.
5) Soft Resetting

Ok, so as well as the poke radar there is another way to get shinys. This works for starters, legends, basically Pokemon that you encounter by clicking/ speaking to it. This strategy works for both 3rd and 4th generation. Lets say you want a shiny treecko? You save in front of the bag on r/s/e. Pick the treecko and send it into battle, if its shiny keep it if not then you soft reset. This can take hours, so it requires patience.

To soft reset on r/s/e or fr/lg - the buttons are hold start, select , a , b - all at the same time

To soft reset on d/p - the buttons are hold start, select, L , R - all at the same time

It is better to save at the closest point possible for the fastest resets.

Update: It does not matter if you turn your ds off and have a break, this is because it counts as a reset, just soft ressetting is faster than a normal reser

6)Tips, Tricks and FAQs

This Part of the guide is still under construction, so it is not completed yet :D

- If you don't see four patches shake around you, don't go into the one above you, it could ruin your chain.

- Electric Pokemon are easier to chain with a Pokemon knowing static

- Having a magnet on a Pokemon is thought to increase the amount of wild Pokemon around that area

- Super repels work out better than max repels, you get more step cover for your money

Pokemon abilities, They will help

Ok there are four abilities that pokemon have that make it more likely to get a certain type of pokemon, these are

- Static, these help chain electrics

- Cute charm - These help chain normal types

- Swarm - this helps bug type

- storm drain - this helps water type

This works best if you put the pokemon with this ability first in your party, with it fainted.

I hope this guide has helped, i will be updating it later, but short on time, this should help for now, ill give you some tricks and hints later.

Shadows? guide.

I also have this in pearl where it was origanly put, but more people visit here so it is now posted here too, please leave comments on how to improve etc and how it helps

Last Update - Tuesday August 26th 2008

« Last edited by on Aug 26th 2008 »

Jordan

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Gallade_Dude Posted at: 15:11 Jun21 2008 Post ID: 2292239
Gallade_Dude
+
+
its a very helpful topic as i used it once befor(i got from pearl fourm)and i managed to get like 2-3 shinys from doing it

^credit goes to .Impact for the sig^
Name:Wolf
Fc:3267 2809 7837
ShadowsTM Posted at: 11:47 Jun22 2008 Post ID: 2293240
ShadowsTM
+
+
Good good ev is the next to come, any other guides youd like me to write ill get onto

Jordan

fart monkey Posted at: 16:12 Jun22 2008 Post ID: 2293695
fart monkey
+
+
This is very helpful but im confused, i try this method but i can never make it past five pokemon on the chain. How do i know which patch of grass to chose from? What do you mean by safest?

« Last edited by fart monkey on Jun 22nd 2008 »

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Of course, if they lose the other eye then it's all fun and games again!

The SuperCheats Comedy Club

ShadowsTM Posted at: 16:18 Jun22 2008 Post ID: 2293709
ShadowsTM
+
+
the safest is the patch 4 steps away its the patch least liekly to bresk your chianand most likely to have the same pokemon as before, ive managed to have a chain of over 70 now..

Jordan

fart monkey Posted at: 16:28 Jun22 2008 Post ID: 2293738
fart monkey
+
+
oh, ok thanks for the help, but the patch of grass has to shake the same way as before, right?

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Of course, if they lose the other eye then it's all fun and games again!

ShadowsTM Posted at: 16:38 Jun22 2008 Post ID: 2293753
ShadowsTM
+
+
correct if not it could breka the chain ( most likely will )

Jordan

fart monkey Posted at: 16:42 Jun22 2008 Post ID: 2293767
fart monkey
+
+
You only mention patches of grass that are 4 steps away or less, what about patches of grass more than 4 steps away?

ShadowsTM Posted at: 01:59 Jun23 2008 Post ID: 2294321
ShadowsTM
+
+
On 22-Jun-2008 fart monkey said:You only mention patches of grass that are 4 steps away or less, what about patches of grass more than 4 steps away?
Because there are no more than 4 steps away :D in on direction anyway

Jordan

your average kid Posted at: 11:26 Jun27 2008 Post ID: 2300228
your average kid
+
+
That helped me a lot. A little confusing though but it worked for me.
[center]
^Creds for the ownage sig go to .Impact^
Call me Kyle
My Forum/Northern Lights
[size=12]If your a supporter of "END THE LEAVING WAVE" add this to your Sig
ShadowsTM Posted at: 12:56 Jun27 2008 Post ID: 2300319
ShadowsTM
+
+
well getting used to chainig is genrally confusing but easier after a little while

Jordan

Kingkiadman Posted at: 14:11 Jun27 2008 Post ID: 2300452
Kingkiadman
+
+
ok... wat about if you want to get a shiny gyarados or something?
[center]*Hey I am Back!... *My Place!
Smile
Credit to PhilXZ for the magnificent Avy
Signature by myself!
coachcline Posted at: 14:19 Jun27 2008 Post ID: 2300466
coachcline
Just call me Coach
Post Likes: 1
+
+
^Sorry dude, you can only chain in regular grass (no really long grass either). If you want aquatic shinies you'll jsut have to do it the old fashioned way.

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
ShadowsTM Posted at: 15:23 Jun27 2008 Post ID: 2300537
ShadowsTM
+
+
beat me to the point, although a shiny pysduck can be chained :D

Jordan

L0neRaNgEr Posted at: 15:37 Jun27 2008 Post ID: 2300551
L0neRaNgEr
+
+
thanks a bunch shadows!! this helped me a lot

i now caught one shiny so far because of your guide.Thumbs Upthanks a bunch shadows!! this helped me a lot
ShadowsTM Posted at: 16:06 Jun27 2008 Post ID: 2300572
ShadowsTM
+
+
no problem, glad to help

Jordan

L0neRaNgEr Posted at: 16:10 Jun27 2008 Post ID: 2300578
L0neRaNgEr
+
+
you should post this in the guide faq section supercheats

reason being
short fast and helpful
Kife360 Posted at: 16:29 Jun27 2008 Post ID: 2300596
Kife360
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 1
+
+
I have a couple of things to add to your guide :P

First you can still run into a shiny chaining even if the grass isn't sparkly you can get it from a normal patch its the same odds as finding it normally.

also another tip could be that if u got the 40 chain and there wasn't a shiny patch just move from the square you are on one over (most likely down or left to right because u can't see if the square above u was shaking)
ShadowsTM Posted at: 02:59 Jun28 2008 Post ID: 2301126
ShadowsTM
+
+
I see what you mean , Im curretnly doing a tips part to the guide, trying to right it up :D

the second one is good, BUT, the top one is very unlikly and not worth putting in

Guide Updated - Tips trciks and FAQs added

« Last edited by on Jun 28th 2008 »

Jordan

your average kid Posted at: 12:56 Jun30 2008 Post ID: 2303971
your average kid
+
+
I did it! I got a shiny Rhydon using the guide.Smile
[center]
^Creds for the ownage sig go to .Impact^
Call me Kyle
My Forum/Northern Lights
[size=12]If your a supporter of "END THE LEAVING WAVE" add this to your Sig
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close