Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Diamond

Pokemon Diamond Rules / FAQs / What's an AR - [Revised December 22 2008]

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

poke.addicted Posted at: 18:10 Dec22 2008 Post ID: 2504687
poke.addicted
Post Likes: 3
+
+
Diamond Rules

Normal Forum Rules Apply. If you do not know them, Please look for them, Located Right Here.

1) Do Not Bump Topics 1 Month old, and older. those will be immediately Closed.

2) Need to have your Team Rated? Go Here

3) Need to Request AR Codes? Go Here

4) Need to Make a Trade? Go Here

5) Need to Battle Other Trainers? Go Here

6) Looking to Give and/or Get other trainers Friend Codes? Go Here

7) If you have a Question about something, and found a Topic that is about it, yet its last post date was 1 month or older, and your still confused on your problem, Please make a New topic. do not post in that dead topic. We will Close it.

8) NOTE FOR THE MODS: If there are topics you feel should be Closed, but there are 5 Topics on the page already closed, Do NOT Close them. having a lot of Closed topics makes the forum look messy. and this makes SuperCheats look bad. Please Refrain from Closing topics unless it is a vital must.

These are the Forum Rules. Any More will be added when needed. Please make sure to follow them, and have Fun!

-----------------------------FAQ's-----------------------------

IF You need the direct links for the questions below, Read the original thread by EspeonDude_.

Popular questions -

Q: WHAT IS POKESAV AND HOW DO I GET POKESAV!!11111!!!
A: PokéSav is a program that creates your Pokémon, and gives you the Action Replay code to put in and you'll get it. You can download it at - http://drakendomain.net/downloads/displayimage.php?pos=-257

Q: HOW DO I USE POKéSAV???!11111!1
A: How to use Pokésav

Q: HOW DO I GET THESE POKESAV CODES INTO MY AR?
A: The description gives you the answer.

I DO NOT PROMOTE CHEATING OR HACKING WITH POKESAV IN ANY WAY!

Q: How do I get ____'s new Evolution?
A: Marriland's Walkthrough. At the end is a section for the new Evolutions.

Q: How do I get this item?
A: Marriland's Walkthrough.

Q: Where do I find [Pokémon here] so I can get the National Dex?

Q: How do I get past [insert part of storyline here.]?

Q: How do I get a Pokémon to learn a move it learns at Level 1?
A: In Pastoria City, go give the Move Tutor a Heart Scale. You get those Underground.

Q: How do I get [insert legendary here]?

Q: EV's? What is that?
A: EV's are Effort Values. They're gained from KO'ing any Pokémon with the exception of Battle Tower Pokémon. You will need to go to Marriland's PokéDex, OR Serebii's to determine what Pokémon give each EV's in a certain stat. In total, there are 510 Effort Values you can divide. But a max in one stat is 255.

Four EV's in one stat = +1.
You can max your EV's in one stat to 255, but 255 isn't divisible by four, therefore the max you want is 252.

So EV's aren't that complicated. You just gotta keep track of them.

But then there's PokéRus and the Power Items, and the Macho Brace.

So EV's require math in these situations.

PokéRus will double the EV's you obtain from any Pokémon until it's cured.

So say I'm EV Training Heracross in Attack (duh) and it has PokéRus, and I'm killing Bibarel. (Bibarel give 2 Attack EV's.) For every kill, I'd be getting 4 EV's. Or a +1 per every kill.

The Macho Brace is your PokéRus item, basically. It has the same effect, doubling your EV's.

The Power Items are relatively simple. For whatever item you equip to it, you get +4 in whatever Stat (at the loss of some Speed, but NOT your Speed EV's.) and then the EV's you're getting for KO'ing that Pokémon.

So... I could have my Heracross like this. EV Training it in Speed, it has PokéRus, and the Power Anklet. I'm facing the Magikarp Noob by Eterna City. Magikarp give 1 Speed EV, so you run it down like this:

1 Speed EV from Magikarp + 4 from the Power Anklet * 2 from PokéRus = 10 EV's per Magikarp.

Q: IV's? What is that?
A: IV's are just little things that influence the final outcome of your stats. They're not controllable.

IV's are just determined by randomness. They're generated as soon as you get the little Pogeyman. They range from 0-31. If you get a 31 IV, it is known as a "Perfect IV" in that stat. Which stats will give you a + in whatever stat, and the number of your IV.

So say Espeon has a 31 IV in Special Attack. 31 extra stats will be in Sp.Attk.

Q: PokéRus?
A: PokéRus will double the EV's you obtain from any Pokémon until it's cured.

Q: I transfered Manaphy from Ranger, but I didn't get it! HELP ME!
A: Go to any PokéMart. You get Manaphy there. (After transfer.)

Feel free to add any more questions, and I hope you all find this useful!

by EspeonDude_

--------------------------------What's an AR?--------------------------------

Ok, an Action Replay is a cheating device that you can insert yer Nintendo DS game cartridges into and alter tha games by activaing codes that do different things to yer game (such as infinate health er endless money) and are activated when you press Start after going to the little button on tha AR Menu and pressing the start button. Then your game starts normally with the selected codes active (NOTE: Some codes require pressing buttons in specific areas in your game. For example; a Pokemon Diamond code may require on item codes ta press L+R in your bag screen before it'll activate.)

Action Replay can be puchased at most major department stores (like Wal-Mart or a game store). They run fer around $20-$30 dollars. Sometimes newer shipments may include codes for newer games that have come out after the last version, we'll call it.

But be warned, some of the codes you get from other sources (like here on SuperCheats) can have undesired side-effects or can be harmful to your game. For example; the All TM's code that comes included in an Action Replay will erase all HM's in your bag and will stay gone forever if you save your game after activating tha code. And also, in most Nintendo Instruction Booklets in tha legal information section it states that if yer software/hardware tears up on you they'll either repllace or repair tha damaged software/hardware free of charge. But, if you've torn off labels or somthing like that they WON'T repair/replace it. Also, this is where AR comes in, if there is evidence of "game enhancing devices" being used and are linked to the damage they WILL NOT repair/replace the hardware/software cause it voids tha warranty. It also clearly states on tha screen before tha AR menu that this product is not licenced or endorsed by Nintendo" So be warned, make sure to make sure that the codes you get from other sources are safe, do not have bad er undesired side-effect, and do what they're supposed to (in exception to Datel, AR's makers, official website, codejunkies.com). Some codes used in combination can majorly alter yer game and/or destroy save data, or destroy yer game. Also, if happen to have an Arceus in yer party while going to tha Pal Park er Safari Zone and the game freezes when encountering a wild pokemon and tha game freezes, don't worry cause it's a glitch associated with Arceus, all you gotta do is put tha Arceus into your PC and it will return to normal (I know this for a fact, I'm speaking from experience). So be warned about the dangers of Action Replay.

But, AR can be good with obtaining that pokemon that you just had ta have and stuff, and if used correctly it can be a very beneficial thang fer yer game and can really make yer gaming experience better. So don't think that cause there are risks involved that it's a bad thing or is dangerous cause it isn't all bad.

Also, code requests fer Action Replay are not allowed in Pokemon Diamond, so please don't not post them here or they'll be either closed er moved to the Pokemon Action Replay Forum By coachcline

poke.addicted
Super Moderator of SuperCheats
Yo.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 382262

Post Top
Click to close