Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Emerald

Team setup

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Wickedwizard9990 Posted at: 10:26 May21 2005 Post ID: 169473
Wickedwizard9990
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
What is a good team setup for the gyms? If there are other major battles that you cant win without a certain team, please add them, please and thank you!
mwuhahahahaha......... scary laughs make me feel all warm and fuzzy o.O;;;
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
GA_Master Posted at: 11:12 May21 2005 Post ID: 169533
GA_Master
Forum GuestMember
+
+
well i can help you out but can you tell me who your starter is at the moment..
Wickedwizard9990 Posted at: 10:49 May23 2005 Post ID: 171607
Wickedwizard9990
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Torchic
Fwank Posted at: 12:15 May23 2005 Post ID: 171642
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
+
you can beat practicaly anything with torchic in the game (as long as it's higher levels) since it learns awsome moves as a 3rd evo poke... swampert too (gota TEACH it to it, but not too late) treeco's the one where u get a nice sweet smooth start and gets creamed in the league -_-" ... (as for your "battles cannot be won without 'insert poke here'" situations... i'd have to say, DONT bring treeco to see steven ... my sceptiled got SPIKED to death... embarasin, but i didn't expect him to be there...

*edit*

sorry i didn't answer your question like i wanted to, heres a quick info feed:

1st gym: rock pokes, use combuskin's fighting techs (double kick)
2nt gym: fighting pokes, use combuskin's fire techs (ember)
3rd gym: elec pokes, combus/blazekin can take down magnet family with fighting and the rest with anything you wish
4th gym: fire pokes, this one's tough; see side note
5th gum: daddy's normal gym, use fighting techs (i accidentali burnt slaking coz i thot it was a good idea since it had no sp. defense... had my **** FACADED BAD)
6th gym: flying pokes, bad for blaze; see side note
7th gym: psychic pokes, bad for blaze but the boss battle are rocks... also see side note
8th gym: water gym... ... you could TRY, but it's a water gym...

side note: catch a lotad in your hometown to train it up to become the awsome ludicolo (or if you CAN, try to find a seedot which is EXTREMELY blardi rare... i waited for its out break =S) lotad's awsome dual type makes it resistant to all the major battles in the game (including the pokemon league ones; which blaze would have no trouble handling single handedly) lombre's stabbed grass moves can help you through the 3rd and 4th gym faster (although lombre hasn't a significant advantage over 3rd gym, nothing's resistant against water in the third gym =P) the 4th gym leader uses fire pokes that knows ground moves (both types don't harm lombre that much) 6th gym uses flyers, they can do a number on lombre unless it had some ice techs on lomby (otherwise just catch a electrike and evolve it into manectric right before the weather station and pwn it) 7th is psychic, but the boss fight = rock (double battle) so having nuzleaf/lombre would help ALOT (by now u would've found leaf stones to turn them into awsome shiftry and ludicolos) and finaly, the last gym take advantage of grass techs...

there! done! XD once you get to lillycove you can buy all the techs you need XD
Wickedwizard9990 Posted at: 15:29 May23 2005 Post ID: 171821
Wickedwizard9990
Forum GuestMember
+
+
thanks, any help on the whole team? like, an actual six poke mon ^^;
GA_Master Posted at: 16:26 May23 2005 Post ID: 171932
GA_Master
Forum GuestMember
+
+
you mean to a six pokemon team to start with or a six pokemon team period?
Fwank Posted at: 01:20 May24 2005 Post ID: 172594
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
+
haha i've seen your team man it's pretty decent, just keep leveling them...

... although, i'm not very good with beautyfly, only used it in contests (and it sucked coz had no poke blocks -_-") but other than that, the pokes on yer team now are good enough, full of potential =D the natural movesets of those pokes are very awsome =D esp blaze/swellow/mighty
forget you Posted at: 10:22 Mar18 2006 Post ID: 745963
forget you
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Could someone close this please. Smile
Forget you. This place needs to be livein it up some. Let's get it started.
WrittenWithout Posted at: 23:06 Sep03 2017 Post ID: 3436151
WrittenWithout
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Ik this convo probably went out like a century ago but for those like me that use emulators and such, this was the team I used, and beat the elite four with:

1: Starter: Any of the three are powerful at their highest levels, so i would keep them around. I personally went with Swampert but that's just me.
2: Aggron: His defense is off the charts, and with a ghost-type and dark-type in the elite four lineup, they do half the damage to aggron, so he is a great choice.
3: Banette: When using this pokemon in the most effective manner (or at least how I found him effective), you need to pack a lot of potions to keep him healthy, because he is going to be using curse repeatedly, which cuts the users health in half. Get him to keep will-o-the-wisp and curse, then put calm mind or light screen, as well as protect on him. Spam light screen about 3+ times, then put a curse and will-o-the-wisp on the opponent. Afterwards spam protect like a lunatic and watch the opponent's health drop like crazy.
4: Altaria: This dragon-type flyer is used pretty heavily by most of the higher ups in the game, and for good reason. Altaria has some serious defense moves to keep stat debuffs and status effects off its back, and can trade them in for some stat gains later on if needed. Altaria is really strong against pretty much everything as long as its used properly.
5: Camerupt: This defensive beast can take hits like its nobody's business, and has some really amazing moves, like eruption and earthquake, and can learn overheat from flannery's fire gym.
6: Last but not least, Claydol. one of my favorite pokemon of all time, claydol is a power-packing psychic type that has some crazy moves for increasing stats, doing crazy damage, taking hits, basically the full package. He even comes with levitate. Just watch those dark-type moves and you'll be good.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close