Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Follow the dark path or use the light
Mobile
go

My trainer way?(guess that i heard that somewhere)

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Recent Posts Games Series Hubs
Game Filters
Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

MatheusLima Posted at: 18:48 Sep11 2010 Post ID: 2900307
MatheusLima
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Pokemon as any outher fighting or RPG game has characters that look nice or looks in a way that pleases us on any weird(or not)way.so you lose some few money catching him,and some when leveling him,but when he get about the lvl 50-70 you notice that he isn't that strong or lack moveset os some stat points to him become a competitive poke.

for this motive i would know how many times has happen to you guys,for a example i used to like altaria on emerald but i could not make any excuse to make him replace the mighty salamence.so i decided to level him for personal satisfaction only,as also on the 2nd gen i used to run a Water dance focused team(only water type pokes) and enjoyed playing these times but i guess that strategy isn't competitive anymore.

So even if your fav pokemon isn't competitive you still leave a place on your team for him or you're don't care about raising your favorite to have easier win?and whose pokes are indeed competitive and whose aren't anymore.

« Last edited by MatheusLima on Sep 12th 2010 »

90 of people use rare candies and or AR codes to make their pokemon battle ready if you are the 10 who level up their pokemon legally put this in your siq.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
coachcline Posted at: 21:22 Sep11 2010 Post ID: 2900352
coachcline
Just call me Coach
Post Likes: 1
+
+
...I'm gonna move this to the forum is belongs and I'd suggest you reword your post a little bit because it's just horribly trying to read it.

Moved

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
MatheusLima Posted at: 08:40 Sep12 2010 Post ID: 2900478
MatheusLima
+
+
Edited.see if got better now

90 of people use rare candies and or AR codes to make their pokemon battle ready if you are the 10 who level up their pokemon legally put this in your siq.
steelersrock01 Posted at: 09:38 Sep12 2010 Post ID: 2900490
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 148
+
+
I used to have a Water-based team in my FireRed, and it was a good team, but I think you have to use a mixed team to be competitive over Wi-Fi. But for the main game, use whatever pokemon you like best. It's funner that way.

MatheusLima Posted at: 12:58 Sep12 2010 Post ID: 2900577
MatheusLima
+
+
So water dance team is no more? even with the pokes that get more advantage on rain aside of the water power boost?

and yeah i use them on main game and i always finish it with only water types cuz they are my fav.

spyro madgirl Posted at: 14:54 Sep29 2010 Post ID: 2909995
spyro madgirl
+
+
I think I understand what you mean. In my more recent games, I've chosen team members because I like their designs. I would never raise a Pokémon purely because it was strong. I get attached to my Pokémon and I have my favourites, and I'd rather raise my favourites than ones with the best stats.
~ ... Ooh la la ... ~
hatershateme Posted at: 15:24 Sep29 2010 Post ID: 2910005
hatershateme
Mr. Forum Games!
Post Likes: 4
+
+
I always used have a Nidoking and Magmar on my team somewhere. or both

superbird5005 is Bae

Sig and Avy: Craizen

sphynxx said:Step aside people, Mr. forum games coming through. ;)

Luckyadek Posted at: 17:36 Oct02 2010 Post ID: 2911360
Luckyadek
+
+
I always use my Bronzong. I thought it was pretty cool, but after losing to Karen of the Johto elite four over and over, I realized Bronzong wasn't that strong. I just couldn't part with it, since I liked it too much!

Credit to Cross Stinger for my Sig!

Gen. V Friend Codes
Spoiler:
click to reveal
Gaylord M. Focker Posted at: 09:40 Oct04 2010 Post ID: 2911842
Gaylord M. Focker
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Im glad that Infernape is good competetivly since he is my fav poke.
Volke Posted at: 11:40 Oct04 2010 Post ID: 2911858
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
Gengar has always been a team regular for me, usually appearing in my teams. I also like to have Pokémon that are at least partially Ground type for STAB Earthquake.

Sig and avatar by Ozzo. Thanks.

link removed.
Chira-Taylor Posted at: 06:35 Nov08 2010 Post ID: 2925207
Chira-Taylor
+
+
I believe it was Karen of the Elite Four in Pokémon Silver, Gold, and Crystal that said, "Real trainers win with their favourites".
I have held that piece of wisdom close ever since. :P

It bothers me that a lot of people will just fight with legendaries because they're strong. My cousin does that, and I'm like ugh..

Anyway, the ONLY time I replaced a "weak" Pokémon was when I was training a party to fight the aforementioned cousin. I was going to battle him with all non-legendaries, and he was going to fight with all legendaries, and I was going to win to prove to him that non-legendaries are worthwhile. The water-type Pokémon I'd been raising was Floatzel, but I found its defense and special defense to be inadequate for my purposes. So I replaced him with Walrein.

But other than that one time, I've always battled with my favourites. I get more satisfaction out of a game when I'm battling with Pokémon I love, rather than using Pokémon I don't necessarily like just because they're powerful. I get a LOT of satisfaction from RAISING the Pokémon, more satisfaction than just winning.

For example, in the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum games, I ALWAYS raise Lucario. Now, Lucario is of a fair strength; not weak, but certainly not the most powerful, either. I just love that Pokémon. Smile And because I've had so much practice raising it, I'm really GOOD at using it in battle. I think that's the key there: know your Pokémon so well that you can battle with them to the best of your abilities.

Of course, not everyone feels that way, and I understand this. I realize that I get more emotionally invested in video games than most. XD Hahaha.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close