Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Follow the dark path or use the light
Mobile
go

No Love?

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Recent Posts Games Series Hubs
Game Filters
Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

coachcline Posted at: 22:26 Sep17 2010 Post ID: 2903798
coachcline
Just call me Coach
Post Likes: 1
+
+
As we all know, Pokemon is second highest selling video game franchise ever, second only to Mario. But, I don't really think the Pokemon series gets enough attention in video game media. Take shows like X-Play on G4 for example or even Nintendo Power, they barely mention Pokemon at all. Pokemon games a lucky to even get reviews on X-Play, and sometimes they just put them online and don't even air them. And when a new Pokemon game is announced Nintendo Power doesn't even mention it until we already know everything there is to know about it.

To be the second highest selling series ever, I find it odd that it's as low-key as it is. Every main series game is quality and the most any media outlet will show about them is just a quick mention. Millions of fans, but still no widespread hype or promotion like Mario or other successful franchises. When a Halo or Mario game or whatever comes out and sells big like usual you always hear about it, but when a new Pokemon game comes out, even if it sells like a million copies in a couple days, you simply never hear about it.

I'm not bagging on anybody here, but I don't think Pokemon gets the recognition it deserves, I don't know if its the "Kiddie" stigma or what but the media simply doesn't cover it very much. I'm not saying make a detailed description of every game and every aspect contained in it, but they should delve deeper than "Hey, Pokemon X Version and Y Version just came out, go buy it."

What do you think? Do you think the media doesn't show enough love to the Pokemon franchise?

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Forgoten_Scars Posted at: 08:47 Sep18 2010 Post ID: 2903926
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
+
It's because Mario is awesome. Plumber crack ftw.
hatershateme Posted at: 08:54 Sep18 2010 Post ID: 2903941
hatershateme
Mr. Forum Games!
Post Likes: 4
+
+
Because some people think Pokemon games are childish.

Or they had no Pokemon loving when they were young

superbird5005 is Bae

Sig and Avy: Craizen

sphynxx said:Step aside people, Mr. forum games coming through. ;)

GoldenPili Posted at: 10:18 Sep18 2010 Post ID: 2903979
GoldenPili
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Forgoten_Scars said:It's because Mario is awesome. Plumber crack ftw.

I lol'd.

It's because the franchise is so massively awesome, it doesn't need promotion. We just hear about it through word-of-mouth. Its places like PokeBeach & Seribii, who tell the hardcore fans whats going on. Then some of those fans tell other fans, who tell other fans.. Blah blah blah.

When the coroner cuts me open, I want the whole room to smell like potato wedges. - Gabriel Iglasias

Cheer's to Craizen for the awesome sig and avy.
Quake Posted at: 14:07 Sep18 2010 Post ID: 2904028
Quake
+
+
This is true, I play pokemon but I only ever hear about these games from people

Thanks to Impact. for the avatar and Signature!

Quakelive.com

Havent played much ik but I will be playing!

Dark Breloom Posted at: 15:09 Sep18 2010 Post ID: 2904048
Dark Breloom
Post Likes: 95
+
+
Yeah, I have noticed that. I mean, I get Nintendo Power and they mention like old Mario games or old Metroid games and yet they don't mention old Pokemon games, although they had a huge section on HG&SS.
spyro madgirl Posted at: 14:12 Sep22 2010 Post ID: 2906557
spyro madgirl
+
+
If Pokémon had been mentioned more over the years I bet it'd be much trendier and less childish these days. It would be nice if people could say 'I play Pokémon' and get no stick for it... you don't see Mario fans getting any stick for saying 'I play Mario'!
~ ... Ooh la la ... ~
coachcline Posted at: 18:51 Sep22 2010 Post ID: 2906767
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
+
spyro madgirl said:If Pokémon had been mentioned more over the years I bet it'd be much trendier and less childish these days. It would be nice if people could say 'I play Pokémon' and get no stick for it... you don't see Mario fans getting any stick for saying 'I play Mario'!

Exactly. This is why my friends are the only ones who know I play Pokemon.

When you get down to the nitty gritty Pokemon is far more complex than any children's game.

ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 05:30 Sep23 2010 Post ID: 2907012
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
+
No one knows i play pokemon.it'd ruin my rep.Except when HG/SS came out.i played at school with one friend and everyone cheered me on to win..and i won.My Alakazam FTW

but yea.mayby B/W will be different since it seems to be targeted at the older generation

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

Volke Posted at: 05:52 Sep23 2010 Post ID: 2907037
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
Easy to guess why. Pokémon sells enough as it is. Nintendo is pleased with the success of the Mario franchise and probably don't want anything overtaking it except something else that's Nintendo. Pokémon games aren't actually Nintendo, they're Game Freak. The games are just exclusive to Nintendo consoles. Therefore, if the biggest selling franchise of all time isn't a Nintendo series, even if the said series appears exclusively on Nintendo consoles, they ain't gonna be happy because it means less recognition. Let's face it, Nintendo usually has ulterior motives, anyway. Sometimes I think they release a new version of the DS every month that's basically the same as the old version with the exception that it has a small camera or something that will be essential for playing future DS releases just because it brings in the cash.

Either that, or Game Freak don't see the need in investing in advertising. Let's face it, they don't need to. Every person who plays video games takes a look in a video games shop at some point (with the exception of those fat, basement-dwelling weirdos who ask their parents to buy their video games for them because they'll shrivel up if they step out into the fresh air and sunlight) and when a new Pokémon game is out (or two, most likely), they're not exactly difficult to notice, since they usually cover an entire section which is usually place right in front of the entrance.

That, and you'll have to buy both versions of the game if you want Gengar so it's double the money.

Sig and avatar by Ozzo. Thanks.

link removed.
coachcline Posted at: 18:26 Sep23 2010 Post ID: 2907297
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
+
True, very true lmao.

But still, I think Pokemon deserves a little more coverage than what they get. The media continually goes on & on & on about new Halo or Call of Duty games but Pokemon is lucky to get an entire paragraph in most cases.

spyro madgirl Posted at: 16:23 Sep28 2010 Post ID: 2909523
spyro madgirl
+
+
It just makes me sad that there could be such cool Pokémon merchandise if the designers put their minds to it... T-shirts and bags and stuff that isn't just decorated with the crappy anime art. If they could get hold of some artists to come up with some awesome T-shirt designs with Pokémon or characters on, as in similar quality to some of the fan art you see today, they could sell pretty well.

They really need to print Will from the Johto Elite Four on a T-shirt.
~ ... Ooh la la ... ~
coachcline Posted at: 18:00 Sep28 2010 Post ID: 2909572
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
+
Yeah, the only Pokemon T-Shirts around are the ones made for kids with anime characters on them. I'd like to see T-Shirts of random Pokemon on them, either with the Sugimori art or, like you said, ones with pics made by artists.

Displaying Page 1 of 1

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close