Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Platinum

Chaining Discussion

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
coachcline Posted at: 18:43 Apr14 2009 Post ID: 2599136
coachcline
Just call me Coach
Post Likes: 1
+
+
So has anybody chained since they got Platinum? If so what have you chained and did you get any shinies?

I started yesterday, I was gonna chain Houndour but I found a Poochyena and decided to chain it. I got to 38 and I was rechargin' my PokeRadar and my hand slipped and I walked right into a patch with a Graveler. I just set my DS down and literally facepalmed. I've been tryin' to chain Rhyhorn today but I haven't had any lucks, furthest I've got to was 26 and that was just goofin' off mostly, so hopefully I can get a shiny sometime tonight or tomorrow. I wanna train up a shiny Rhyperior.

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Aether13 Posted at: 17:30 Apr15 2009 Post ID: 2599948
Aether13
+
+
Chaining seems harder in this game at least to me I can't seem to chain anything.

Veenis made teh siggy :D
Heart Gold FC: 5242 6951 2898
Also if you want to go to PXE click this link...DO IT!
tegan41 Posted at: 18:05 Apr15 2009 Post ID: 2599989
tegan41
Matt
Post Likes: 6
+
+
I found a shiny Psyduck after about 20 normal ones. I was just moving to different patches of grass though, not really paying attention to what I was doing.
coachcline Posted at: 20:02 Apr15 2009 Post ID: 2600114
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
+
I actually think it's easier in this game, I can get to the 20s on a Houndour or Rhyhorn chain without really payin' any attention. I still haven't found any shinies yet but I'm workin' on it. I hope to get a shiny Rhyhorn & Houndour in that huge grassy area on Route 214.

Aether13 Posted at: 20:09 Apr15 2009 Post ID: 2600124
Aether13
+
+
Well what happens is I get like 3 and than I go into a piece of grass and it switches it O_o

coachcline Posted at: 20:14 Apr15 2009 Post ID: 2600132
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
+
What do you mean exactly?

« Last edited by coachcline on Apr 15th 2009 »

tegan41 Posted at: 20:23 Apr15 2009 Post ID: 2600146
tegan41
Matt
+
+
He means, the chain will be broken, and another pokemon will pop up. At least, I think it is.
Aether13 Posted at: 20:25 Apr15 2009 Post ID: 2600155
Aether13
+
+
Yea thats what I mean

coachcline Posted at: 20:46 Apr15 2009 Post ID: 2600198
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
+
Oh, tha way you worded that I didn't understand.

But anyway, look at this paragraph I found on and chainin' guide on Deviant Art (I don't go on there, I just followed a link thru Google):

ok...ok...ok....It all started when I was chaining shinx with my DS battery running low. My chain broke. I was about to turn off my DS because I thought a stupid Bidoof broke my chain. But the PKMN that broke it was a....SHINY KRIKERTOT!!! D: and so, I caought it but the funny thing was, it appeared in a REGULAR PATCH!!
So this proves that regular patches still have that 1/8192 chance of being a shiny.
Still, only a few people expierience this and I just happened to be one of those people. :P
Also, this also shows that a "sparkle" patch only appears if a shiny of the PKMN you're chaining appears. :D

^I think this proves that the game designers intended for people to chain with the PokeRadar, cause what other uses does it have then just to coax out certain rare Pokemon you can't get otherwise? So, they made it that way so people could chain.

dx_hbk Posted at: 21:08 Apr15 2009 Post ID: 2600212
dx_hbk
Skeptic
+
+
One question what do you mean by chaining.

^ That guy is GOD

"Lost somewhere between immensity and eternity is our tiny planetary home." ~ Carl Sagan

tegan41 Posted at: 21:09 Apr15 2009 Post ID: 2600214
tegan41
Matt
+
+
Yea, this was not done unintentionally, they meant to do it.
latiasfinder Posted at: 21:30 Apr15 2009 Post ID: 2600226
latiasfinder
The Finder
Post Likes: 0
+
+
On 15-Apr-2009 dx_hbk said:One question what do you mean by chaining.
Chaining is when you use your PokeRadar to find a certain Pokemon in a patch of grass, and after defeating it, causing more of that same Pokemon to appear. If you chain a large amount, you have a very good chance of finding a Shiny of that Pokemon.

Sig and Avy by Me ~
dx_hbk Posted at: 02:41 Apr16 2009 Post ID: 2600368
dx_hbk
Skeptic
+
+
ummm okay tho i never use a pokeradar at all does it also wor on the legendnaries.

^ That guy is GOD

"Lost somewhere between immensity and eternity is our tiny planetary home." ~ Carl Sagan

tegan41 Posted at: 11:34 Apr16 2009 Post ID: 2600481
tegan41
Matt
+
+
I'd say not, seeing as how they're are only one of each legendary, and you can't defeat great amounts of them, therefore, not bringing the chances of seeing a shiny up any.
ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 17:00 Apr16 2009 Post ID: 2600735
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
+
Aether only 3 i got 39 yesterday and i didnt notice my battery was red and found a shiny houndour and then i'm so lucky because my battery runs out.

Coach i'm telling you dont raise a shiny rypherior for competetive.Only use it for bragging.Mine got koed in game by some guys level 34 gyrados and mine was lvl 50.Plus the oragne parts turn yellow and its not that nice to look at.

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

tegan41 Posted at: 17:49 Apr16 2009 Post ID: 2600817
tegan41
Matt
+
+
Shiny pokemon's color changes.
coachcline Posted at: 20:41 Apr16 2009 Post ID: 2600971
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
+
On 16-Apr-2009 ShadowStriker64 said:Aether only 3 i got 39 yesterday and i didnt notice my battery was red and found a shiny houndour and then i'm so lucky because my battery runs out.

Coach i'm telling you dont raise a shiny rypherior for competetive.Only use it for bragging.Mine got koed in game by some guys level 34 gyrados and mine was lvl 50.Plus the oragne parts turn yellow and its not that nice to look at.
I finally got my shiny Rhyhorn, two of them, one male, one female. I named the boy Tanker and I'm gonna raise it, it's Serious nature. I went all the way to 40 and it took forever, I was about to give up hope so I went and ate, then took a shower (I had my DS on charge and the PokeRadar was ready to go) then I come back and the first time I used it I got a shiny patch, it was female, but I wanted a male so I went on a while and finally got it, then I just let my chain get broke by a Zubat since I had what I wanted, this was less than 30 minutes ago, btw.

As for tha advice, I plan to raise it up good and strong, plus give it a good moveset. Mine has Rock Head so I can use some really good moves without worry. The reason you probably go ko'd is cause it was Water type, you just gotta have a good moveset on it to counter it. Take my Rotom for example, it has Signal Beam which takes care of Dark types and Dark Pulse which takes care of Ghosts, it works. I just gotta find a few good moves, Flamethrower to counter Ice, Grass, Steel, & whatever else that could hurt it. Btw, I like the shiny Rhyperior, kinda reminds me of a tank with the desert camo they use in Iraq.

EDIT: In they process of chainin' my Rhyhorn I believe I've come across my perfect method to chain. Ok, I was on that huge grass area with the Honey Tree on Route 214, there's only 1 patch where you get a look at all the area. Just follow the normal chainin' rules but every time you reset, (unless you get another good patch you can go to & you see all the ones that shaked) on that one spot and do that the entire time and whenever you get a good one you won't have to worry about not seein' somethin' cause you can see the whole area. Plus, this means that if less than 4 shake you can still go to one that looks go without worry, but I reccomend that only when you're early on in the chain, after about 20, dont' risk it like that.

I'm postitive this can be applied to most large grassy areas (except Valor Lakefront cause that's huge) and I got to 40 on mine with relative ease.

« Last edited by coachcline on Apr 16th 2009 »

bs5102 Posted at: 21:03 Apr16 2009 Post ID: 2600990
bs5102
+
+
What is chaining?
I am back for good!!Please Join Little Devils!

Click here to level up my card!

avy=Tricky14! [color=darkgreen] my e-family: Crazy Joey, Tricky14!, Master Pika, Tenko, cr
coachcline Posted at: 21:15 Apr16 2009 Post ID: 2601005
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
+
On 15-Apr-2009 latiasfinder said:Chaining is when you use your PokeRadar to find a certain Pokemon in a patch of grass, and after defeating it, causing more of that same Pokemon to appear. If you chain a large amount, you have a very good chance of finding a Shiny of that Pokemon.
Does that answer you question?

If people start to excessively ask the question 'what is chaining?' they'll be deleted on first sight since people should read the thread before they post and if a bunch of people ask the same question and it's already been answered several times it makes a topic look bad.

gamer101d Posted at: 21:22 Apr16 2009 Post ID: 2601023
gamer101d
+
+
Can some one make an action replay code for pkmn:Platinum (us) that allowas u to change where u first caught the pokemon fr example.
Charmander caught at navel rock.change that to
rour 202 can it even be done?
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close