Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Red Dead Redemption

Hunting Stories/Experiences

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

sphynxx Posted at: 02:30 Jul02 2010 Post ID: 2862749
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
+
Just as the title suggests, post up your amusing/interesting/unbelievable/what the hell? hunting stories for others to read.

The first hunting story that comes to mind is when I was hunting Brumas the legendary bear for Master Hunter rank 10. I found Brumas near Nekoti Rock, and lead him out into a more open area in Aurora Basin.

I was right near the lake when I lost track of Brumas & he blind-sidded me & knocked me off my horse & into the lake. However I was facing a cliff edge of about 2 or 3 meters & it was too high for me to jump & grab hold of anything. So I proceeded to run along the edge of the cliff until I could find a way out.

Next thing I know a giant brown fluff ball comes charging off the cliff and jumps directly over my head.

I turn around expecting a savage fight from Brumas, only to find him walking head first into a indent in the cliff that looked a bit like a V, so I thought I'd equipted my knife, when to slash him from behind to complete the Brumas part of the challenge, only to push Brumas a couple of times in his rump. He didn't seem to happy about that & roared at me Evil

Then I figured out I hadn't pressed L2 to bring out my knife, then once I'd done that, sliced & diced his **** until he was dead.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
CRAZY CHEATS Posted at: 04:55 Jul02 2010 Post ID: 2862779
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Why with the Knife?
I just whipped out mah Buffalo Rifle and shot him a few times in the head.
Now known as
sphynxx Posted at: 21:57 Jul02 2010 Post ID: 2863128
sphynxx
+
+
Coz I'm the man & wanted to take all 3 legendary animals on with a knife lol.

Did it too, didn't die once whilst getting the buggers. Died a few times with the Cougars though. Those things are the ninjas of the cat world Anxious

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

bowow Posted at: 16:32 Jul05 2010 Post ID: 2864073
bowow
The Lizard King
Post Likes: 4
+
+
I was on single-player, i clicked a random part on the map (for the waypoint) went there and started getting attacked by about 15-20 bears i killed the whole lot of them, i only skinned about 8 of them, then all of a sudden i'm dead because two BOARS! charged me at the same time. i respawned in Armadilo went all the way to Chuporosa and found out all the stuff i got from skinning them wasn't there.

I was right ****** off because of that.

Cred to TheLlama for the Siggy! And PBO for the Avy!

Blurred Voice said:Female, you just stick a blunt object in your fun hole and nothing comes of it. Man, you grab your pork stick and send little ghost looking things from a Mario game everywhere.
sphynxx Posted at: 19:50 Jul05 2010 Post ID: 2864242
sphynxx
+
+
Dude, I know that feeling.

I had a bet with my friend (he has RDR on 360) and I was staying at his place for a week, so I had my PS3, so we set up two tvs right next to each other.

So we had a $50 bet to see who could get the most money from hunting in 90 minutes (real time, not game time.)

I started out in Armadillo, and headed through Hennigans Stead, and through to Tall Trees, Nekoti Rock & The Great Plains.

In the 90 minutes, I killed & skinned every Buffalo (I hadn't touched them before this for some reason), plus I killed about 25 bears (they just keep coming & coming -.-) and I must've had a good 30+ wolf pelts as well as the odd cougars. All of that was a solid 45 to 60 minutes of fighting for my life with all of these animals.

After that, I focuses on the Bighorn Sheep & Elks and smaller critters, mustve bagged 15-20+ of each in the remaining 30 minutes, then with the end of our time coming up, at around the 85 minute mark, I headed out into a clearer area to set camp to fast travel to Chuparosa. I got ambushed by 3 Cougar, one after the other & died.

I lost a buttload of animal meat, pelts etc & lost $50 to boot because I was killed within the 90 minute time limit.

If I was smart, I wouldn't have moved & waiting for the time to run out, then made my way to Chuparosa. But because my friend & I agreed that if we got killed within the 90 minute time limit, we could start to hunt again & hopefully catch up, & the amount we had at the end was our total. A second chance kind of deal. That screwed me over big time.

I haven't played RDR since Not Talking

curtisfield Posted at: 13:49 Jul06 2010 Post ID: 2864579
curtisfield
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Mine is probaly when about 5 of us went after the legendary cougar in tall trees it was all goin fine the odd cougar here and there when we only needed a couple more we all went in the little cabin we decided to go back ot when we got jumped by about 7+ cougars they all pounced and killed us all but one the survivour climbed on the roof and as he was talkin he didnt realise he was holding dynamite and BOOM! He died and all of us took the p*** out of him for the next couple of days

« Last edited by curtisfield on Jul 18th 2010 »
CRAZY CHEATS Posted at: 14:07 Jul06 2010 Post ID: 2864590
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
+
+
Because I have yet to see Staff visit here, let alone post, I'm just gonna go ahead and tell you that:
1) Double Posting is not allowed
2) You can't post a post in all caps.
3) Every post needs at least 3 words in it.
4) Your Post might be considered flaming to Spynxx
5) Alfred is too awesome to be owned.

Just so you know.

Also, your friend is an idiot.
Now known as
qwertyuio Posted at: 14:20 Jul06 2010 Post ID: 2864600
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
+
curtsfield: Just listen to what CRAZY CHEATS said, hes right this time. 1 post deleted

CRAZY: I appreciate the help but whether or not you see staff around please dont mini mod. Just forward it to a staff member. thanks.
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
CRAZY CHEATS Posted at: 14:24 Jul06 2010 Post ID: 2864603
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
+
+
Roger that Qwertyhoo. Salute

Effort though.....
Now known as
sphynxx Posted at: 21:38 Jul06 2010 Post ID: 2864792
sphynxx
+
+
Yo Tony, what did the person say? I wanna know =D

If you don't wanna post it here, comment on my bio or get my email from my bio yo! lol

curtisfield said:Mine is probaly when about 5 of us went after the leopard in tall trees

Not to call you a liar bro, more like getting animals mixed up, but as far as I know there ain't no Leopard in Tall Trees.

There is a Jaguar in Nuevo Paradiso or whatever it's called. There is also Lobo the Wolf in the Aurora Basin area.

bowow Posted at: 08:52 Jul07 2010 Post ID: 2864928
bowow
The Lizard King
+
+
Alfred i think he meant the Cougar.

Blurred Voice said:Female, you just stick a blunt object in your fun hole and nothing comes of it. Man, you grab your pork stick and send little ghost looking things from a Mario game everywhere.
CRAZY CHEATS Posted at: 09:12 Jul07 2010 Post ID: 2864937
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
+
+
In multiplayer, Khan is relocated from Mexico to Tanner's Reach in Tall Trees.
Also, instead of wolves, it's cougars.
Every rare animal is moved in MP.
Lobo is in Barranca, the Bear chap in Bearclaw camp, Gordo in Greenhollow I think (somewhere on the northern riverbank).

curtisfield said:OWNED
Now known as
bowow Posted at: 09:16 Jul07 2010 Post ID: 2864939
bowow
The Lizard King
+
+
Any luckPray he's got a PS3 and then we can see whos owned.Not Talking

« Last edited by bowow on Jul 7th 2010 »

sphynxx Posted at: 18:34 Jul07 2010 Post ID: 2865286
sphynxx
+
+
Pfft, yeah "owned" is such a great uhh, insult? Eh

Haha, why the hell did they relocate the animals? That just seems stupid lol

Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close