Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
RuneScape 2

Thinking about trying Runescape...

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Aeon-Flux Posted at: 14:15 Feb18 2016 Post ID: 3402255
Aeon-Flux
Post Likes: 97
+
+
Hey guys, I'm thinking about trying out Runescape. What's things I should know and do in the game. I'd like to draw interest to it and expand my gaming genre's.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Forum Guest Posted at: 02:00 Mar20 2016 Post ID: 3405078
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
The game gives your a small tutorial to introduce you into the game and learn some of the skills.

You do not need membership right off the bat, membership will be a better benefit when you have higher skill levels.

There is no true point to the game, you can do some quest to follow the story line of Sliske and the new god wars but that will require a bit of time as you need to train the required skills and do the previous quests.

The General Exchange (GE) is a great place to sell your items, As a free player you will be given 3 slots they stay in use until your item is sold/bought.

Do not buy an Iron weapon/armor they are not worth it as a few levels latter you will hit steel. Then you can go up to Black then Mithril to Adamant and finally to rune. When member you can go to dragon.

A good source of money and combat xp is to kill cows or chickens. Cows drop cow hide and meat that you can sell for cash. Or tan the hides at a tanner and sell even more.
Chickens drop Feathers and raw chicken, the feather stack and sell for a good price as they are needed for some fish and fetching.

If you feel like you need alot of money you can look up Free Guides online, or Mine or Woodcut and sell the resources.

And watch out for scammers, with the trade window it shows the GE value of the item being traded so they cannot overly scam you.

Nobody can trim armor (yes still out there) trim armor is just a cosmetic look and offers no combat befits.

If you are stuck or in need of help going to the GE and asking will be a better chance of finding help.

Look at the world map and learn the world, One of the first cities you want to get to is Varrock as that is where the GE is located.

Lodestones are a great source of transportation and each major city have one including varrock.
Almost all skills will use material from the gathering skills, like Firemaking will use the wood for woodcutting if you plan to train them all maybe keep the resources instead of selling.

That should be a good start. Runescape is an older game but it is still a good one. Admittedly it is a grindy game you will find that out as you get higher levels of skills.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti QuoteEdit
Blademaster55 Posted at: 03:22 May01 2016 Post ID: 3408393
Blademaster55
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Pretty much what was said above Aeon, let me know if you end up playing. I have played since 2004

Avatar by Vasco and Signature by Craizen

Retired Super Moderator at Supercheats .com - Retired Moderator at Planetrenders.net

Firefighting and Bullriding is my life, wouldn't trade it for anything.
Aeon-Flux Posted at: 09:30 Jul18 2016 Post ID: 3415631
Aeon-Flux
+
+
I happened to setup an account. I haven't toyed with it to much. Can you add friends on there?
K Dawg Posted at: 19:33 Jul24 2016 Post ID: 3416972
K Dawg
Post Likes: 13
+
+
Yes you can, I was highly addicted to this game at one point. Still play a bit till this day.

Feel free to add me:

Kolten
Kolten 07

Are my 2 accounts.

^ Credit goes to ozzo
Aeon-Flux Posted at: 19:59 Jul24 2016 Post ID: 3416990
Aeon-Flux
+
+
I can't remember what my account was named, I think I was goofing though and made a really dumb one. I shall make a new one. Don't mind the newbie(n00b) playing.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close