Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
RuneScape 2

Tips, Rules and Guides

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

librascythe Posted at: 03:47 Apr10 2007 Post ID: 1505266
librascythe
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Well since I am Finally getting around to it.
These thread is going to have some tips and hints for runescape players and guides made by
other players, we also include some rules for the reminding, and some computer help guides by dark genie, there is also a timezone converter chart (somewhere in here)
Also any time this is opened do not post in it, this means that a mod is adding something in or I am updating the thread, any post in here other than a mod will be deleted.

First off This is Runescape 2 Forum,
Now for a little info
the runescape (if started playing) is know as Runescape 2 (Rs2) the original runescape is now know as Runescape Classic (RSC) so please don't get these confused
The site of runescape is www.runescape.com

Now here is a quote from Hunter15shadow

"This is an ONLINE game
We have to keep the Runescape rules in effect even though we are outside of JAGEX

We strongly discourage doing the following
Bumping topics from pages 3+
Double posting
Duplicate threads
Threads that help no one (some will be allowed)

Any Clans made in these forums have to be active if the clan leader isn’t active on their team it will be closed, also if a clan breaks any rules of JAGEX and/or SuperCheats…closed.
Any SCAMS or Illegal hacking programs will be reported to the staff forum then reported to JAGEX. All clans should just be posted in the thread made for clans, if you are the leader and plan to update the thread often then you can make your own thread.

I am adding in, that any Thread/Post that breaks the rules of Jagex will be Deleted, if its a scam/Hacking program/Illegal Program, you shall be reported to the staff of Super Cheats

Be Aware!!!

NEVER give your password to ANYONE
Any one who wants your password wants your account obviously
The Trust SCAM- the only person you should trust is yourself don’t fall for this scam
The cheap item SCAM- always check every trade and see what you are getting because there is no rewind button
Don’t trust AUTO-anything these programs will send your account info to the creator of the program
You will never get emailed by JAGEX they will use the message center
JAGEX doesn’t have a they have something completely different No idea what he was saying.
We don’t like impersonators we will treat you like how JAGEX will treat you "

Well time to get started on copying the posts... also anything I add in I will try to make a deferent color but I might change, for now cyan

Here are some links to help out as well
Time Zone Converter- http://www.worldtimeserver.com/

To find a Post Easier just use Control (Ctrl) Key and hit the "F" key (find option) and copy and past the title into the box (no - or else it won't work)

~Index Guide~
- Rules of Runescape
- List of Common Scams
- Screen Names
- How to Take a Screen Shot, By God_0_Gamers
- Combat Level Caculator {This dose not cover Summoning}
- K,N&1 (Slang) by Kevinfan3
- Johnkrills Merchanting Guide
- Begginers Money Making Guides
- Experts Money Making Guides
- Time Zones by Gameboy_Rulz
- Dark Genies Mac Users Player Guide
- Dark Genies Loading and Lagging Problem Guide
- Dark Genies Dial Up Problem Guide

« Last edited by librascythe on Jun 8th 2008 »
librascythe Posted at: 03:50 Apr10 2007 Post ID: 1505267
librascythe
+
+
Okay I am not sure who this is from but here are the rules of runescape enjoy

Rules of Runescape

I know some mods might disagree on this but I think our scammer and hacker ratio has increased and I think I have to pull up the rules so people can realize that this is a forum website but what happens here like scammers and hackers have to be reported to JAGEX so I feel that i have to pull up the RUNESCAPE2 rules so others will think twice before they try to scam others we DON'T TOLERATE rule breakers do it some where else but don't cry if you get banned from JAGEX its your fault for breaking their rules we don't make them WE ENFORCE THEM!!!!!!!

Here's a repeat of the rules
I know I posted this in another thread but I feel that others should be aware that we are also responsible if someone is actually scammed and we didn't find it

IF WE FIND ANY SCAM OR ANY ILLEGAL PROGRAM WE WILL DELETE IT ASAP AND REPORT YOU TO BOTH ADMINS AND JAGEX
Please take a look at the Reporting Academy Forum in runescape's main forums to learn more about the rules.

REPEAT OF RULES
1: You must not use any language which may be considered by others to be offensive, racist or obscene. Please not that spamming falls under this rule, if you spam random things over and over causing the chat screen to not be able to be used by other players.

2: You must not scam or deceive other players. Lying to other players for your own personal gain is not in the spirit of the game. Okay this rule was updated to include "Luring" which is where a pker lures you close to the wild the trades and runs into the wild and you go to accept and walk in to where he/she kill you and take the money they traded you or what you were selling {Since the removal of pking this is no longer applies but i'm keeping it here as show of history}

3: Asking/trying to persuade another player to give you their password for any reason is against the rules and will not be tolerated.

4: You must not use or attempt to use any cheats or errors which you find in our software. Any exploits which you find must be immediately reported to Jagex through Customer Support. This also includes telling other people of the Bug before it has been taken care of

5: You should not attempt to impersonate Jagex staff in any way, for any reason. The names of Jagex Staff will have a gold crown next to their name when speaking in-game. Anyone who does not have a gold crown next to their name is not Jagex staff.

6: Each account should only be used by ONE person. Account sharing is NOT allowed. You may not sell, transfer or lend your account to anyone else, or permit anyone else to use your account, and you may not accept an account that anybody else offers you.

7: You must not attempt to use other programs (e.g. bots, macros or autominers) in conjunction with our games to give yourself an unfair advantage at the game. You also may not circumvent any of our mechanisms designed to log out inactive users automatically. Also Autotalking falls under this rule.

8: You may create more than one RuneScape account, but if you do, you may not log in more than one account at any time, and they must not interact with each other in any way. This includes 'drop trading' or any other method of item transfer. This dose include giving the items to a friend who then gives them to your other account this also breaks rule #9

9: You must not encourage others to break any of the RuneScape rules.This also includes someone picking on you and bugging you and never leaving you alone just to get a reaction out of you, when they do this they are breaking rule 9 and are reportable.

10: You must not misuse RuneScape Customer Support. This includes threatening or reporting an innocent person, or by supplying false information.

11: You are not allowed to actively advertise in the RuneScape game or RuneScape forums. This includes advertising any website or product and no web addresses are allowed. Telling other players any web-address is not allowed.the sites www.runescape.com, and www.funorb.com do not break this rule, but still no reason tobe advertised.

12: RuneScape items must only be exchanged for other items/services within the game. Exchanging RuneScape items for items or other benefits in other online games, real-life money or other real-life benefits is not allowed.

13: For our players' privacy and safety, you must not ask for personal contact details such as full name, home address or telephone number from another player.

14: You must not misuse our Official RuneScape Forums. The forum code of conduct (linked at the top of the forums) clearly details what is, and is not, acceptable.

15: You must not deliberately block or hide the adverts which appear above the free version of our game. If you have advert blocking software please prevent it from blocking adverts on our website. The adverts above the free game are what enable us to keep it free after all!

This next one is from Admin Cross Stinger

Just to add, anyone found to be spreading methods for hacking or acquisition of free gold or other items or requesting passwords for any purpose will be banned permanently from Super Cheats and their account and offenses reported to Jagex Limited.

Moderators should not remove material of this sort until an administrator sees it.

librascythe Posted at: 03:53 Apr10 2007 Post ID: 1505270
librascythe
+
+
Although posting the scams can do more harm than good i believe in the fact that every 1 person who uses this information for their selfish needs i believe that 10 or more will be able to avoid these scams, course do not post any new scams unless they are so common that they are seen to often and need to be informed to protect verse.

List of Common Scams

This all by VGame Master
Here is all the scams you should avoid: If you see scammers you should use the in game Abuse Report system which is located at the bottom right corner of the game next to the option to turn off trades

1. Jagex hides your password - You will see people saying "Jagex blocks your password, see ********". Watch out for this, Jagex DOES NOT BLOCK YOUR PASSWORD!! On April 24th 2007, Jagex made it to where if you do type your full password you will get a message saying "You appear to be telling someone your password - please don't! If you are not, please change your password to something more obscure!" you should still not say your password to anyone as they will just take your account, even if they are a close freind.

2. Trimmed Armor - It is simply not possible to trim armor in the game. Trimmed armor comes only from treasure trails, or can be bought from other players.

3. Alt + F4 or Ctrl + W - Never press these keys together. Some players may tell you that you can double your items by pressing these keys on your keyboard. All this will do is make you drop all of your items in your inventory, and close out your Runescape window, leaving all the items for the scammer to pick up and run off or log out. If you have the the items in your inventory it will not drop them from there but the first part of the scam is the scammer telling you drop the items you want "duplicated" and then saying to hit those buttons causing you log off and your items appear for the scammer

4. Buying Rune Items - Always be careful when buying or trading for Rune items. Many scammers will try to switch the Rune item for a Mithril item right before the final trade screen. ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK THE FINAL TRADE WINDOW!!

5. Beware of Beggars!! - There alot of players who have more than one account. They often have a "beggar account" which is a low level account they use to scrub items off of other players. They then will trade what items they received back to there main account. This isn't really a scam, but more of an annoyance, but if they start threating that they will report you they will be breaking rule 10, and if they just keep trying to get you to swear they will be breaking rule 9

6. Team Scams - Rarest but trickiest scam. One person claims: trading mask for rune war hammer! another: Selling rune war hammer: 120k! You buy the hammer and they both run off. don't fall for that!

7. (an addition to some scams) WATCH OUT FOR TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE TRADES- like when someone buys an item WAY OVER its street price like full rune for 1 mil they will just end up finding a way to distract you and take money so you read it for 10k or even less.

8. Also watch out if you are trading bones some people will sell big bones and actually give you regular bones.

9. Watch out when people buy stuff in items and money they can switch or tell you to hurry up and you might not even see what they are trading.

If you want you can ruin some scams because I never liked them to begin with. I took a sworn oath to ruin any scam I spot. Please be careful with this, as some scammers are tricky enough to turn it on you.

Please take note that pricing a item far above what its worth is not considered scamming (even though its not fair game play) but saying a item such as a Full Black Helm is rare is considered a scam, Black items are uncommon but are not rare

librascythe Posted at: 03:58 Apr10 2007 Post ID: 1505274
librascythe
+
+
Screen Names

Here is a list of screen names that me and kevinfan3 could find its here in Character Bios and Tips Rules and Guides

Mods of this Forum
Super Cheats Name: Runescape 2 Screen Name (Secondary Account)

blayne: tfo7 (pmage)?
Giantredsea: Tyson Rios (Elliot Salem/ holyknight23)
K Dawg: Kdawgbowler
Problem solver: Draconis20

Mods of the Runescape Series Hub

king riley: kid riley13
librascythe: Librascythe (ehtycsarbil)
mr.619: Mac3840
rsaccount: potpot76 (lag0612)

Runescape 2 Forum Members

None

*smithy*: nlfc4life
/-/ Jett /-/: Mag3 N33b01

A

AR_Cheat_King: nahtan111

B

bomba: Chaotix142
Big Shady: John_pinnete
Blademaster55: Slash Man32
Brøken: Adio547
Broly 2000: Kh2 Remix

C

cheating101: Nitemare057
Cheatmaster_95: uuhhhgggff1234567326
Cloud_Chaos: Rileaux (Adio547)
Come Sail Away: Keri Sjman
constantin 9: King Zammy54
crazyhand14: crazyhand14

D

dark_king: lilshooter20
darking237: darking237
DeathNote_: Rider 0101
DieselD504: dalvin504

E

easy e: easy e 16
EspeonDude_: In Flames hm

F

Factor of Libertas: Kevinfan3 (Kevinfan29)
falcon65: Red Tornado5
FinalFantasy3Freak: Pure Blast99
FireDragons: Icedragons16
Flareon Dude_: uberj_1.
freakiestgamefreak: Shot149

G

Gallade_Dude: bigwolf114
gamemasterforlife: Jose 595
Gamerad: Jonna Donna (Harry Foxall)

H

h3llrulz: hellrulz

I

I_Kill_you: Ky Cant Fly

J
Johnkrill: Soft_Knife

K

None Currently

M

Mario_Maniac608: 4_4_hy
Mew is the best!!!!!: mewstor151
motoboy222: motoboy622

N

naruto1234: alfred4444

O

oblivionownage: Zachattack920

P

pokedude199: manning6192
Potfun: Stab_Ur_Eyem

R

RisingSun: legolas32695
rs master player: tylan 8 (tylan 6)
Rune Scape_IT: Ian T. 000
Runescape_Master: lilypily0
runscaper389: Read head390

S

SCUM_OF_THE_EARTH: Sharpswordss
secv: ???
Shadow finatic333: shadow393939
shadowfire1138: cyclone611 (guth pur3 38/ fr0z3n shd0w)
Sheimi X: shadow merek
shrimp15292001: Kevinfan3 (Geminiscythe)
skyline_2fast_luffy: Sasuke S2l
squirrilplatypus: ???
Subleme: slash man32

T

tree afro: Tree Afro
the bummber 09: Burn 09

W

whiplash234: uberlaserman (Infinity404)

X

Xboxman7897: ma slaya

Y
yammy: Yammy 1

Past Members

dragonkni249: yankeeboi513
exodia: iws wup123
Gameboy Rulz: (???)
God_0_Gamer: ticktock_guy
Gogobanana: Gogobanana
harvest moon fan: Paula115
hunter15shadow: hunter15ope
jesse902: jesse902
Keyblade Master: Kz link
Keysaaa: Keysaaa
masterchef050: Meiko8888
nickisdaname: rohit610
rs_lord: SS4_Demi
rune masta: Sarge 13
Slipknot837: Slipknot8380
TestVirus101: Trollfighter
Town Idiot25: Town Idiot25
Ultimate Cheater: Dooner4Life
Xyber: Xyber The CB
Z Warrior: street104
Zaff: Zaffy Matrix

Any spelling I'll try and fix later, if you want to correct my spelling or if you wish to add a different account to this list you need to tell me by posting that you want it changed/added in this thread.

Last Updated- June 05, 2008.

librascythe Posted at: 04:03 Apr10 2007 Post ID: 1505278
librascythe
+
+
How to Take a Screen Shot, By God_0_Gamers

How to take a screenshot
By God_0_gamers

This guide will cover how to create a screenshot. This guide is using Microsoft Paint and and Imageshack. I feel that the are the most "Beginner Oriented". If you have any ideas on how to use another program/s please tell me and I will "try" to update this to fit those other needs.

1. First get to what you want the picture of. This can be runescape or other site. When you have the screen saying what you like press down Print screen/Prt Sc ( depending on whether you are on a desktop or laptop )
*NOTE* If you hold down the Alt button when you hit the Prt Screen key you will take a pic without the start bar.
*NOTE* The Alt button can be found just to the left of the spacebar.
*NOTE* The Prt Sc button is found just above the Backspace button on MOST laptops/desktops.
*ADDITION* Some games/programs save the picture you took to their own folder or destination without pasting it.

2. Now that you have all that done you will want to bring up Microsoft Paint ( I will now refer to this program as MS Paint. )

3. Now that you have this brought up go to the "edit" button in the top ( just to the right of File and to the Left of view at the top left corner )

4. Now you should have a pixel for pixel copy of what was on your screen when you pushed Alt+Prt Sc

5. Now you will most likely want to crop your picture. By crop I mean get rid of all the unwanted gunk ( like your tool bar and other stuff ) This is done by clicking on the rectangle of slashed lines.
If you are not sure where the crop button is then refer to this picture. ( circled in red )

6. Now Create a box around the part of the image you want to show. Now you can move this and do whatever to it like a separate picture. Right click this and chose the Cut option.

7. Now go to File and click new. Press NO to whatever pops up ( unless you REALLY want to save that )

8. Now you should go to Edit and then click Paste( Just like you did earlier ) Now you should have just the part of the picture you cropped. Now here is the part you must NOT forget. This drives me crazy to see. You will most likely have white outlining the picture you cropped. You can fix that by resizing it with the blue dots. Refer to this picture for more help. ( The dots are inside of the red circle ) They may be a bit hard to see. After this go to file and save it to your computer.

9. Now that you have your image with no white outlining your ready to upload!!! This is the most enjoying, but can also be a pain if you have a slow computer or many many pictures. Go to this web page to upload pictures. http://www.imageshack.us/ or http://www.tinypic.com

10. Now go to the Browse button and find the picture you saved it. Then you want to make sure it is resized make sure it 640x480 and that the box which says remove size/resolution bar from thumbnail? and make sure a check mark is in it ( you may want to have the Resize Image? box checked too. Now that all that is done click the HOST IT! button.

11. Wait till it brings up another page.

12. Now there will be a bunch of web addresses on there. The only 2 I ever have used are the HOTLINK FOR FORUMS (1) ( shown in green circle ) and the DIRECT LINK TO IMAGE in the picture ( shown in blue )

Hotlink - It shows the picture instead of a website address.
Direct link - This shows a web address for the picture that others can use to get to it.

13. Copy and paste this wherever you want it!

*Side Note* If there is anything you do not understand simply ask. Also if you mess up posting the picture a mod may fix it for u =P.

« Last edited by librascythe on Dec 5th 2007 »
librascythe Posted at: 04:05 Apr10 2007 Post ID: 1505281
librascythe
+
+
This one is a guide for the Combat Level Calculator, these calculations are a guess as Jagex dose not give out the exact details of it

Combat Level Caculator

Another Post Made By DARK GENIE

The Combat Formula as worked out by Maxwaterman

I am posting this thread as I still get asked by people how I work out my levels. Well below are the values you get per each level. When adding these values together be sure to use the decimal point.
As noted by Maxwaterman when he first worked out this formula, it is the most accurate.

Attack = 0.32707
Defence = 0.249
Strength = 0.324
Hits = 0.25
Prayer = 0.124
Magic = 0.4834
Range = 0.4865

Next comes the equation, add together the following to get your combat level for each of the combat styles.
Warrior = Attack + Defence + Strength + Hits + Prayer

Magician = Defence + Hits + Prayer + Magic

Ranger = Defence + Hits + Prayer + Range

To give you an example these are my stats
Attack level 80 = 26.1656 ## Defence level 80 = 19.92
Strength level 85 = 27.54 #### Hits level 83 = 20.75
Prayer level 62 = 7.688 ### Magic level 73 = 35.2882
Range level 73 = 35.5145

Warrior ### Magician ## Ranger
102.0636 ## 83.6462 ### 83.8725

See if you can work out your levels.

« Last edited by librascythe on May 4th 2007 »
librascythe Posted at: 04:12 Apr10 2007 Post ID: 1505284
librascythe
+
+
This next one is going to Kevinfan3 "Slang" guide i might make a few changed now and then =P

K,N&1 (Slang) by Kevinfan3

First off here is a small runescape dictonary of Slang lol.

K,N&1
RuneScape Dictonary
Common Uses In Talking
---------------------------------------
RsC= Runescape
Rs2= Runescape 2 (current Version)
Apc= A Piece
Brb= Be Right Back
dw = dont worry
ftw= for the win
ffs= for f**k sake
GE= Grand Exchange
Hb= Hurry Back
Lol= Laugh Out Loud
Lvl= Level
n4s=not for sale
N00b/newb/noob= new player These definitions vary
nm= nothing much
np = no problem
nrn=not right now
nvm=never mind
po8 = pieces of 8 from trouble brewing
Ty= Thank You
Wb= Welcome Back
W/e= What Ever

Monsters
Drag= Dragon
Hill= Hill Giants
Moss= Moss Giants
Zammy= God Zamorak
Sara= God Saradomin
Guth= God Guthix

Stats
Lvl= Level
Def= Defence Level
Atk= Attack Level
Str= Strength Level
Mage= Magic Level
Rang/Range= Range Level
Fm= Fire Making
Wc= Woodcutting

Armor/Weapons
------------------------

Bron= Bronze
Iron= Iron
Ste= Steel
Blk= Black
Mith= Mitheral
Addy= Adamantite
Rune= Rune
Gran/G= Granite
Drag= Dragon (armor) "D" also Stands for Dragon
Elf= Elf Crystal
obby= obsidian (cape or sheild)
g armor= gold trimed armor
t armor= trimmed armor
h armor= heraldic armor
g maul/sheild/plate= granite
cav= cavalier hat
ancient= ancient staff
inf= infinity robes
wip/whip= abbysal whip
dd= dragon dagger
ddp= dragon dagger poison
dds= dragon dagger super poison
ddp(+)(++)-++ is super posioned the same as dds
d long= dragon long
scimmy/skimmy= scimitar
hally= halabred
phat= party hat
sara= saradomin (refers to robes or armor)
z or zammy= Zamorak (refers to robes, armor, or wine)
guth= Guthix (refers to armor or robes)
2h= 2 Handed Sword
B Axe= Battle Axe
Skimmy= Scimitar
Ls=Long Sword
bs= bow string
v=verac
dh=dhrocks
ah=ahrims
dag=dagonnoth
t/tor=torag
guth=guthans
abby whip/whip=abbyssal whip

Items
-----------------------------------------------
Wc axe= Woodcutting Axe
Pic= Pickaxe
Hamm= Hammer
Pot(s)= Potions
Bb=big bones
Fm= Fire Making These are Skills...
Wc= Woodcutting These are Skills...
bs= bow string
uncuts=any uncut gems
Match= Tinderbox

Places
--------------------------------------------
cw= castle wars
da= duel arena
GE= Grand Exchange
pc= pest control
tt= treasure trails

Thanks to adders of Slang
More To Come!

librascythe Posted at: 04:26 Apr10 2007 Post ID: 1505289
librascythe
+
+
Okay this post is for johnkrills guide oh god so much work -_- anything I add in is Purple {Update} With the addition of the Grand Exchange added into runescape, this type of merchanting can no longer be done I am keeping it here just for now till I can find a old thread to place it into just to show john's hard work

Johnkrills Merchanting Guide

Here is an expert's insight to merchanting. I've mechanted about 9m in my spare time, and you can do the same.

HERES A NOTE TO START OFF
: Merchanting is perfectly RS legal, so don't worry about being banned.

And here is an area selling guide to start off...

Falador is the place to sell ores and bars.
Varrok is the place for weapons and armor (only in f2p)
Draynor is not a good place to merchant, but has many willows to train your wcing.
Lumby is home of the beginning players.
Alkharid is great for selling cow hides.

Camelot is the place to buy and sell ANYTHING, but mainly flax and bowstring in p2p

SECRET NUMBER 1
A very effective way to merchant is by merchanting items that people don't have a specific price on. If you have a lot of money, I suggest mercahnting g armors. I'll split the following into subsections for easy use.

QUICK TIP!!!: When merchanting armors, always buy the pieces separately, then sell the full set. You'll be amazed at how much more you get. This leads me to the following...

1) Black (g) armor
Black g armor is a very good thing to merchant. In order to merchant it though, it's best you have around 250k to 300k.. Then, buy the pieces SEPARATE, using this chart as a reference...

HELM: 35k to 50k
PLATE: 70k to 80k
LEGS: 50k (there are always people selling the legs for 50k)
KITE: 60k to 70k

On average, this will cost you about 250k. Then, switch worlds and sell your newly completed set of black (g) to somebody else for 300k.

EARNINGS: 50k

2) Addy (g) armor
Another good thing to merchant. I like to merchant black g a bit more though, since it's more popular. Addy g can be merchanted by buying the full set, and selling the full set for more... Here is a guide... You'll need around 300k to start merchanting addy (g)

Buy addy g for as close to 300k as you can. If you get lucky like me, some people may even sell it to you for a little under.

QUICK TIP!!!: When merchanting, try offering a little less money that you intend on spending for an item. Then, if they decline, offer a bit more. Usually you can trick them into selling at the price you originally wanted. Here's an exmple that I can across one time...

A guy was selling a black (g) kite sheild. I wanted to buy it for 65k, so I offerd 55k. He told me to offer a bit more, so I ended up paying 60k for it.

After you have your addy g, try selling it from 320k to 350k. This method of merchanting isn't as effective as black g.

EARNINGS: 20k to 50k

3) Rune (g) armor
Rune g armor can also be merchanted. I merchant whole sets, meaning i don't buy the pieces, I buy the complete armor. To start merchanting Rune (g), you'll need around 1.1m gold. Here is a guide to help you merchant.

Rune (g) is tough to merchant, but if done correctly, comes out with great profit. The trick is to find somebody who is selling for 1m to 1050k (1.05m). Buy from them. Then switch worlds and easily sell for 1.1m.

EARNINGS: 50k to 100k

4) Wizzy (g) robes
You'll need about 700k to merchant wizzy g armor. It's easy to merchant this. You can buy as sets or in pieces. Here's a guide...

HAT: 200k
TOP: 200k
BOTTOM: 200k

TOTAL: 600k

Now sell it to somebody else for 650k to 700k.

NOTE: you can buy full wizzy g for 600k to 650k and sell for 700k, but that's a bit riskier.

SECRET NUMBER 2: God armors!

Overview: God armors are very good profit wise. Here are a few general tips before I go in depth.

1) Buy Zammy armor in sets rather than pieces, for a better profit.

2) Buy Sara pieces rather than sets for better profit.

Now for the in depth...

ZAMMY ARMOR
In order to merchant this armor, I suggest having 2.1m in gold.

People have sold full zammy for 2m. If you can find comebody selling for around that price, but it.

TIP!! Don't buy zammy armor for over 2.05m (2050k).

Then, sell your zammy armor for 2.1m to 2.2m.

EARNINGS: 50k to 200k!!!

SARA ARMOR
This is a pretty good way to merchant. I suggest having 2.3m before you attempt it. You may buy Sara armor in pieces or full sets when you merchant. Here is a guide for both...

PIECES
Helm: 250k to 300k
Plate: 1000k (never buy above that)
Legs: 350k
Kite: 400k to 450k

TOTAL: around 2.1m

Next sell for 2.4m to 2.45m

EARNINGS: 300k!!!

SETS: The more practical way to merchant sara armor. This is a bit easier and faster.

Buy Full sara for 2.3m to 2.35m. Then sell for 2.4 to 2.45m in another world.

EARNINGS: 100k!!!

SECRET NUMBER 3 (My favorite method)

Merchant BIG BONES. This method is highly effective.

QUICK TIP!!! In order to merchant big bones, you must buy a lot of them, and then sell them all for a higher price. I recommend buying 1m worth of B bones before first attempting to merchant (see guide)

To start merchanting b bones, I recommend having 1m. Buy as many b bones, as you can for 400ea. NO HIGHER!!! Keep buying until you have no money left.

Next, change worlds and sell for 450ea. It works, trust me. I've merchanted 900k in the past 4 days doing this.

EARNINGS: (number of b bones merchanted)x50

QUICK TIP: When merchanting, be patient. Don't panic and sell for a lower price than you have to. If somebody wants to buy something for a lower price than you want, do not sell them it. For example, do not sell your b bones, for 410ea. There are people who will buy for 450ea.

QUICK TIP: Only accept CASH. Do not take items, especially if you don't know it's price.

QUICK TIP: When selling and buying b bones, keep a close lookout for people who are selling BONES. These are worth far less than b bones, and you could lose a lot of money.

SECRET NUMBER 4!!

Merchanting steel bars and coal ores are also effective. The more you merchatn, the greater your profit. Refer to the guide.

STEEL BARS
Buy for 500ea, and sell for 550ea. You'll get 50gp times the number of bars merchanted.

COAL
Buy for about 150ea to 170ea, and then sell for 200ea at fally. you'll get about 30gp times the nubmer of ores mrchanted.

MONEY MAKING METHODS FOR EARLY STAGES

For those who don't have 300k or so to merchant with, here are a few ideas to help you get to that point.

1) Collect cowhides and sell at Alkharid for 100ea. It will take you 3k cowhides to get the 300k you need to start merchanting.

2) Mine coal. Coal can sell for 200ea in Falador. It really helps if you can use the guild at level 60 mining like me If not, try Barbarian village, which has four coal ores right in the middle. Remember to equip your best possible pickaxe, or else the other players will out mine you.

It'll take you 1500 coal to make 300k

3) Similar to 2, you can mine iron. This is much faster, but requires more iron (sells at 100ea). I recommend having 41 mining (enough to weild a rune pickaxe) and 40 attack so you don't waste an inventory spot. I like to mine iron in the mining area east of Varrok. Just follow the road from the fountain east, and go south at the split.

4) For noobs or those who can't mine, try collecting feathers. Feathers can sell for 5gp to 10 gp each. This is a slower method, but you can also get your prayer up from all of the dropped bones.

5) For p2p, pick flax just south of Camelot and use the bank just north to store your falx. Pick 3k of them and sell for 100ea at the bank.

That's all for now. I will update it later when I discover more methods. No need to thank me!

librascythe Posted at: 04:32 Apr10 2007 Post ID: 1505296
librascythe
+
+
Here are different guides that require none or little experience/levels, unfortunately with the addition of the Grand Exchange, prices have really become unstable and dropped.

Beginners Money Making Guides

First from Kevinfan3

Bow Strings for Flax

1.) Pick 500 flax, Go and Spin into 500 bow strings

2.) Trade the 500 Bow Strings for 1k flax

3.) Spin the 1k flax into 1k bow strings

4.)Trade the 1k Bow strings for 2k Flax

5.) Spin the 2k flax into 2k bow strings

6.) trade the 2k bow strings for 4k flax

Double the trade everytime if you have 5k Bow Strings trade for 10k flax. He hasn't told me if it works or not, BS now sell for around 160gp as of now

This is one from K Dawg

Heres a good way for merching
step 1 make sure you have at least 100k
step 2 buy 500lobs for 100k or lower most people wont go lower though
step 3: go to edgeville in bank in populated world (1,3,4,5) sell for 125k that 250gp each people will easily do that
step 4: you just made 25k doing nothing not much but gets better
step5: once you have 200k you buy 1k of lbs for 200k or lower
step 6: repeat step 3 and sell for 250k this time
step 7: you made 50k now
step 8 just keep doing to you get 800k
step9: buy 4k of lobs for 800k
step10: repeat step 3 but sell for 1mil
step 11: you just made 200k not bad huh
Again I haven't received word if it works

Useful Knowledge Posted by Gamerad

Members only

First get to Ardougne, and get to the bank, and deposit everything except 12k, then, go to the General store that is near the bank, and buy all the vials there, log off and go to a small world and buy all of them, keep running back and forward to the bank. When you get 1k empty vials, post Selling 1k empty vials on the herbolore forum, and sell for 300k!!

Patience is needed.

OUTCOME: FROM 12K TO 300K!

Also i thought they were water-filled vials?

librascythe Posted at: 04:35 Apr10 2007 Post ID: 1505299
librascythe
+
+
Experts Money Making Guides

Nothing here yet but i have an idea on what i want here

shadowfire1138's Money Making and Experience Secret, Supercheats Exclusive

giving up my money mage and fletch exp secret!! (only to sc ppl cause i think you guys won't spread it and destroy it)
this is a very simple way to make great feltch, mage and money, look at the prices of ruby bolt tip and buy them for a small priced as possible, same wth addy bolts, if they dont sell, raise it up by 1gp till u get a decent amount. lets say you buy 10k bolts and tips, buy 1k bloods 1k cosmics and a fire staff, start tipping the bolts and then enchant them into ruby(e) you should make about 20gp a bolt and in 10k tips you should make roughly... ummm idk somewhere around 350k feltch exp and about 150k mage exp. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THAT YOU WILL MAKE MONEY, to check, get a calculator and mlultiply your buying price of the tips bolts by 10 and add that to 1 blood and 1 cosmic price. then subtract that from the price of 10 ruby (e) bolts, if u lose money, don't do it or possibly lower ur buying price. if you are in this more so for fletch not mage at all, buy diamond tips and tip them, and check to make sure u make money.

Elemental Rune Collection

I'm going to consider this Expert, cause u need some knowledge of combat
This is from lukejohnsonrival (with alot of addition from Librascythe)

Okay this is how to get the Elemental runes (Basic) which are Air, Fire, Water, and Earth.

The Wizards are South of Falador (Fally), and Below the Air Shrine, and North West of Port Sarim.

There are 4 Wizards each a different element, Air, Fire, Water, Earth they are level 13 and cannot be harmed by their element (so a Fire wizard can't be Hurt by Fire Strike/Bolt/Blast/Wave).

The Wizards drop Runes and Talismans (Tally) of their element.
Best way to do this is to wear Range Armour (Leather, D hide) and Range or Melee.

There is also a training method, use a Elemental Spell against the same wizard (so use Water Blast against the Water Wizard) and have the spell on Auto Cast, and hit attack, u then cast the spell till u run out of runes or u die (the Wizard shouldn't die cause he cannot be harmed by the same element)

*sigh* there ya go

« Last edited by librascythe on Dec 3rd 2008 »
librascythe Posted at: 04:37 Apr10 2007 Post ID: 1505301
librascythe
+
+
Time Zones by Gameboy_Rulz

This post is from Gameboy_Rulz
A list of times

Heres a chart helpin you all.

GMT -12 ~ 08:00am *International Date Line West
GMT -11 ~ 09:00am *Midway Island, Samoa
GMT -10 ~ 10:00am *Hawaii
GMT -09 ~ 11:00am *Alaska
GMT -08 ~ 12:00pm *Pacific Time (US & Canada); Tijuana
GMT -07 ~ 01:00pm *[b]Mountain Time (Us & Canada); Arizona [Fall-winter: Pacific Spring-summer:Mountain], Chihuahua, Mazatlan[/b]
GMT -06 ~ 02:00pm *Central Time (US & Canada); Guadalajara, Mexico City, Saskatchewan, Monterrey
GMT -05 ~ 03:00pm *Eastern Time (Us & Canada); Bogota, Lima, Quito, Indiana (East)
GMT -04 ~ 04:00pm *Atlantic Time (Canada); Caracas, Santiago
GMT -3:30 ~4:30pm *Newfoundland
GMT -03 ~ 05:00pm *Brasilia; Buenos Aires, Georgetown, Greenland
GMT -02 ~ 06:00pm *Mid-Atlantic
GMT -01 ~ 07:00pm *Azores, Cape Verde Islands
GREENWICH MEAN TIME +-0 ~ 8:00pm *Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London, Casablanca
GMT +01 ~ 09:00pm *Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna, Belgrade, Budapest, Prague, Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris, Sarajevo, Warsaw, West Central Africa
GMT +02 ~ 10:00pm *Athens, Beirut, Istanbul, Minsk, Bucharest, Cairo, Helsinki, Sofia, Jerusalem
GMT +03 ~ 11:00pm *Baghdad, Kuwait, Riyadh, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Nairobi
(From here down is Thursday)

GMT +04 ~ 12:00am *UAE, Muscat, Baku, Tbilisi, Yerevan
GMT +04:30 ~ 01:00am *Kabul
GMT +05 ~ 02:00 am *Ekaterinburg, Islamabad, Karachi, Tashkent
GMT +05:30 ~ 02:30am *Chennai, Kolata, Mumbai, New Delhi
GMT +05:45 ~ 02:45am *Kathmandu
GMT +06 ~ 03:00am *Almaty, Novosibirsk, Astana, Khaka, Sri Jayawardenepura
GMT +06:30 ~ 03:30am *Rangoon
GMT +07 ~ 04:00am *Hanoi, Jakarta, Krasnoyarsk
GMT +08 ~ 05:00am *Beijing, Chongqing, Hong Kong, Urumqi,
Ulaan Bataar, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Perth, Taipei

GMT +09 ~ 06:00am *Osaka, Sapporo, Tokyo, Seoul, Yakutsk
GMT +09:30 ~ 06:30am *Adelaide, Darwin
GMT +10 ~ 07:00am *Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney, Guam, Port Moresby, Hobart, Vladivostok
GMT +11 ~ 08:00am *Magadan, Solomon Islands, New Caledonia
GMT +12 ~ 09:00am *Auckland, Wellington, Fiji, Kamchatka, Marshal Islands

Btw, sorry its so long...

librascythe Posted at: 04:38 Apr10 2007 Post ID: 1505302
librascythe
+
+
Dark Genies Mac Users Player Guide

Another by (you know it) DARK GENIE!!!!!

Please keep in mind that this thread is only to be used for Mac issues.

I know that there are people out in the world that are experiencing problems on a Macintosh system. There aren't many guides that provide help for Mac users. So this is what I am here for.

Contents:

Section 1: Virex 7 - Virus Protection
Section 2: Safari - Internet Browser
Section 3: Netbarrier X4 - Spyware Protection
Section 4: Norton Antivirus
Section 5: Frequently Asked Questions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Virex 7 - Virus Protection

To download Virex, you must log in as an administrator on the Mac website. Try searching for Mac Antivirus Updates on Google etc.

To update Virex, do the following.

The Virex 7.2 application includes eupdate technology that updates the virus definition (DAT) files from a button on the Virex toolbar.

Virex 7.2 supports both HTTP and FTP download methods. See the online Help that comes with Virex to find out more about the options available to you.

The Preferences dialog box contains new updating options that set Virex to automatically check for updated DAT files when you launch the application, start your computer or whenever you want to scan. If it finds that new DAT files are available, it applies them to your computer. If you also set the 'Scan At Login' preference, Virex then scans your Home folder using the new DAT files.

IMPORTANT: You cannot update the DAT files using eupdate unless you are logged in as an administrator. If not, you must log out of your computer and log on again using an administrator account.
.Mac Virex Instructions
Apple's .Mac members may download monthly update from the Mac website. On the Antivirus Update Section.
To apply the weekly DAT updates:

NOTE: To update the DAT files using this method, you need to be able to login as administrator (you do this by using the S(c)U command); OS X system security prevents many files and folders being visible to users.

I recommend that only experienced command-line users attempt the weekly method.
Create a folder called dats on your computer or on a shared network drive that your computer can access.

Download the new DAT files from an approved site, for example, the Network Associates Website.
The files are in a UNIX .TAR format or a Windows .ZIP format. Both these formats can be used on Macintosh OS X.
Select the UNIX platform. Put the file in to the dats folder.
The downloaded file decompresses and creates a folder entitled "dat-xxxx Folder" where xxxx is an internal version number. The folder contains several DAT files and other files.

In a Terminal window, enter the command
su root

When prompted, enter the root pswrd.
Change directory to the "dat-xxxx Folder" using the following command (c) CD (censor) "/dats/dat-xxxx Folder"

Enter the following command, which copies the new DAT files to replace the existing ones:
cp *.dat /usr/local/vscanx
Close the Terminal window.

Safari - Internet Browser

This is a secure browser and will help prevent personal information being stolen, lagging, and slow connection.

A very fast Internet browser - Even the most complex pages load at breakneck speed on Safari. In fact, Safari loads pages more quickly than any other Mac web browser, blazing past Internet Explorer, Netscape and Firefox with ease. Safari 2.0 on Tiger even loads pages 1.8 times faster than Safari 1.2 on Panther.

Surf Securely
Safari protects your personal information on shared or public Macs when surfing the Web. Go ahead and check your bank account and .Mac email at the library or shop for birthday presents on the family Mac. Using Safaris new Private Browsing feature, no information about where you visit on the Web, personal information you enter or pages you visit are saved or cached. Its as if you were never there.
Safari also uses strong 128-bit encryption when accessing secure sites such as your bank or an online store, so you can transmit account and payment information with confidence.

Netbarrier X4 - Spyware Protection

Protects and monitors all incoming and outgoing data. A customized mode allows you to create your own defense rules, offering the most secure level of protection. Netbarrier X4s rule assistant helps you create firewall rules in just a few clicks. Netbarrier X4s firewall also protects against Trojan Horses.

Netbarrier X4s Antivandal blocks all attempts to break into your Mac, detects wrong pswrds and logs vandal attacks for complete protection. Moreover, it alerts you of all intrusion attempts. Its application blocking lets you choose which applications can access the Internet.

Netbarrier X4s Internet Filter and Privacy features help maintain your privacy, giving you control over cookies and blocking ad banners. You can delete cookies individually, and delete your browser cache and history files. Netbarrier X4 (censor) yzes data as it leaves your computer and prevents unauthorized exporting of private information such as card numbers, pswrds, sensitive data and more. Netbarrier X4 also helps cover your tracks, by refusing to give out certain personal information.

Netbarrier X4s Monitoring features give you an overview of your network activity, with 12 activity gauges that you can set to monitor different types of network traffic. Netbarrier X4 also gives you full information about your Macs active network connections.

Whats New in this Version
- Updated user interface
- Firewall rules can use time period schedules
- Rules can be added quickly from the Services Library palette
- Rules can be easily disabled and re-enabled
- Individualized security policies for antivandal attacks
- Antivandal attack sensiti(c)vity can be fine-tuned
- Hosts can be switched from the Stop List to the Trusted Group
- Reinforced spyware and Trojan horse protection
- Applications can be filtered for network access by port
- Traffic monitors offer more detailed monitoring
- Detects available Airport or Wifi networks
- Intego widgets, including a Traffic Monitor widget
- Updates via Netupdate X4
- User manual accessible from the Help menu

Norton Antivirus

Symantec's Norton Antivirus 10.0 for Macintosh is the world's most trusted antivirus solution for Macintosh systems.* It automatically removes viruses from email attachments, Internet downloads, and other files. Use the new Global Threat Assessment widget to quickly check your system's virus protection status.

Key Features:

IMPROVED! Quick menu gives you instant access to frequently used features.

Automatically removes viruses (including macro viruses), worms, and Trojan horses.

Scans email attachments, instant message attachments, Internet downloads, and other incoming files.

Detects and repairs viruses in file archives.
Protects against PC as well as Mac viruses to prevent you from spreading viruses to PC users.
Liveupdate can automatically download and install new virus definitions*.

Norton Scheduler lets you schedule regular virus scans and Liveupdate checks.

New Features:
Compatible with Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger.
Includes a Global Threat Assessment Dashboard widget.

Puts scan controls in Mac OS X contextual menus.
Smart Volume Scanning eliminates redundant scanning of media you know are virus free.

Custom Safezones save time and system resources by scanning only specified drives or directories.

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the system requirements for Norton Antivirus?

-Mac OS X version 10.3.x or higher
-Macintosh system with Powerpc G3 or higher processor
-128 MB of RAM (required for Mac OS X)
-40 MB of available hard disk space
-DVD or CD-ROM drive
-Internet connection required for Liveupdate

What are the System Requirements for Virex 7.0?

-Virex software installs and runs on a computer equipped with:
-OS X release, at least version 10.0.3.
NOTE: This software works only with versions of Macintosh OS X that are newer than the Public Beta release. The software uses functionality that was not available at that time. We recommend you use at least version 10.0.3. This product does not make use of Classic. The operating system must be installed and running correctly before you install the Virex software.
At least 12 MB of hard disk space is required.

What version of Virex is compatible with Mac OS 10?

-Virex 7.0.0 supports OS X 10.03 and above.

What are the system requirements for Virex 7.1?

-Apple Macintosh OS X release (10.1 or newer) operating system.
-Power PC G3 or above.
-At least 12MB of free hard disk space.

Virex crashes when it automatically runs at login.

-Open the "Login" Preference Pane, in System Preferences
-Drag the .Virexlogin item to the top of the list of Login Items
-Close System Preferences.

What are the system requirements for Virex 7.2?

-Apple Macintosh OS X release (10.1.3 or higher) operating system.
-Power PC G3 or above.
-At least 12MB of free hard disk space.

Hope this helps.

« Last edited by Cross Stinger on Jun 19th 2009 »
librascythe Posted at: 18:01 May04 2007 Post ID: 1577275
librascythe
+
+
THIS IS FROM THE SC MEMBER DARK GENIE

Dark Genies Loading and Lagging Problem Guide

Hi, this thread will contain answers to all your problems. Recently a lot of people are experiencing problems loading and lagging on in game.

-----------------------------------

First of all you check that computer meet those requirements below that have been asked for.

High Detailed Mode - 128MB RAM or more 500 MHz CPU

Low Detailed Mode - 64MB RAM or more 300 MHz CPU

Minimum connection speed - 56.6kps.

1) Update your computer since there is a new Window Service Pack 2

2) Close all windows applications that are un-necessary. Also go to properties by right clicking on your desktop screen. Go to the appearance tab and choose a simpler and plainer look such as Window Classic style. This will help the in game run smoothly.

3) Try using Low Detailed Mode. If this doesn't help, click on Unsigned Java Applet found in the drop down menu below the High and Low Detailed Mode.

-----------------------------------

FAQs Problem Loading

4) If the loading stops at a certain part, try going to your connection properties. Click on configure and there is a drop down menu, choose the highest kps and click ok. (Make sure you are off the internet) while doing this configuration.

5) Delete the folder .file_store.32 by finding it in the WINDOWS folder of your C: Hard Drive. This will load the files again.

6) Having Sound Problems? Try making sure your volume control and speakers are on. Still having problems? My guess you using SUN JAVA, right?

If SUN Java has sound problems, try using Microsoft VM.

7) You appear to have a grey screen or connection establish lost? Try the following number 1, 2, 3 and 4 above.

8) Appear to have a spy ware on your computer? Try using ad-aware which is completely free and scan your computer. Also remove the spy ware program that is on your computer.

9) Got a virus on your computer and not sure how to get rid of it?

Make sure you live update your anti-virus.

Then disconnect from the internet, after that is done scan your computer using Anti-Virus software, they will alert you that is have a virus or more. They also give you the URL which can be found. Track the URL Link and delete the file(s). Before doing this, cancel the process by Holding Ctrl, Alt and Press Delete.

Go on the Process Tab and cancel the virus running at the background. Then delete the file(s).

Also the virus might be found on add and remove programs so look thoroughly carefully for odd names. They try to make it look sneaky.

Also turn off; System Restore by right clicking:

My Computer

Icon found on the desktop and go to System Restore Tab.

Go to the run command. Move your cursor at the bottom left hand corner, move your cursor and click on RUN.

Type this following "MSCONFIG"

Then go to the start up tab and un-tick the virus files which causes to load every time you restart your computer. After this is done, restart your computer.

Once you have restarted, scan your computer again. Your problem would be should solved.

10) Images and Pages taking so slow to load on RuneScape? Try making sure the icon on your bottom right hand screen is receiving and sending.

If not, try refreshing the page and deleting cookies, files and history which is found in the Internet Option.

11) Running a home network and your the client and cannot connect to runescape some reason. Well check if there isn't a firewall stopping you connecting; if so change the server ports.

12) Runescape game doesn't seem to work? It appears you have a black screen, try using a different browser. Mainly IE (Internet Explorer) will help this problem.

13) Check out the in game rules and security found on the home page of runescape by scrolling down.

14) Error connecting server in game? Try going on another server. If the problem still continues, click login 3 times and it should say

"Unable to login, No response to server"

Click Login again and your problem should be solved.

15) Flickering flames during the loading java applet, try following Number 1, 2, 3 and 4 above.

16) You computer has met the runescape requirements and have a fast connection and still having lags problem? Try the following number 1, 2, 3 and 4 above.

17) It seems you have scrollbars on the right hand side, even though you have a high screen resolution.

Make sure you have the new IE 6 Version Browser.

18) Cant fit your see the whole screen of java, press F11 and auto hide the top bar

19) You tried going on a server but keeps taking you back to homepage? Scan your computer and delete cookies, files and history.

20) You want to go on Runescape Classic just to look back what it was like but having problems loading that. Try the followings 1, 2, 3 and 4.

21) Is your camera angles rotating? Find the arrow keys on your keyboard and press the arrow the camera angle is moving and press the opposite key after that. This should solve your problem.

22) Want to get your computer protection from hackers and viruses,

If you go on the rules and security, found on runescape site, more information will be provided

23) Any unusual things happening such as cannot click a person for a trade, perhaps this is a lag. Try logging back out and logging back in again. This might solve the problem.

Any bugs you find in game make sure you report it at the customer support, not in forums.

24) Having problems that runescape in game reaches its peak at 100% CPU, this is most likely unusual. Try making sure you have the speed on normal. To do this, hold Ctrl + Alt and Press Delete.

Click on the view tab; update speed and make sure it is on normal.

25) Errors such as pop-ups saying you cannot go on runescape, try updating your browser on Windows Update.

26) Internet Browser closing itself now and again updates your computer using Windows Update.

27) If your PC crashes such as blue screens saying about the memory, then try removing the softwares on add and remove programs that you don't use much. Also don't use too many applications running on your computer. If the problem is major, you might have to get your PC fixed or upgraded.

28) Java doesn't seem to appear to work, because it shows an icon on upper left corner, like a circle, triangle and square. Un-install your java and install it again. This might be due to an installation or download error.

29) Keep getting logged off; make sure you're staying active in game.

Usually works in the 2nd time. Also make sure you delete the history folder in the Program Files. To safely remove it, un-install it from add & remove programs

30) Getting rid of pop-ups because it lags your computer?

Try downloading Zone Alarm, the program stop ads from loading on sites, also help the performance and game problems.

31) Music since not to work and yet you tried the following above? Go on the .file_store.32 found on the WINDOWS folder of your C: Drive and click on the media files using any media player program you use and check if they give any sounds.

If not, try reloading the files again, by deleting the folder.

32) You appear to have a keylogger and not sure how to remove one? Download a program, spy bot or ad-aware, people seem to recommend it.

33) Getting 30 seconds delay switching servers fast. This is because jagex stop fast switching. Mainly it gives advantage because they have fast computer and connections and some haven't, so thats why its have been stopped.

34) Friends list seems too be not working, or your friends list is cleared. This is probably a friends list system busy. But I am sure this wont happen since the friends list is running faster than before.

35) Problems using runescape client? In my opinion I think playing runescape by going to there home page and clicking a server. It seems runescape client have quiet a lot of problems and many players doesnt seem to get it working on runescape.

36) If you are a Macintosh user or any other, this will probably be similar or however different.

Macintosh users use safari browser or others.

FIREFOX AND MOZILLA BROWSERS

----------------------------------
Go on to google and type in "bgsound-to-embed" in the search. Previously i saw suggested this so try this out.

If you click on the 2nd result found, there will be an extension for Mozilla Users to make there sound work.

----------------------------------

OTHER IDEAS
If RuneScape is running very slow and almost unplayable you need to update your video drivers. The game is running on the memory of the computer, it should be running on the RAM of the GFX card.

Hope all this helps.
librascythe Posted at: 23:18 May05 2007 Post ID: 1579378
librascythe
+
+
Dark Genies Dial Up Problem Guide

Dark Genie’s Dial-up Problem Guide (Lag and such):

1) Check to see what speeds your dial-up connection is actually connecting at.

(Windows 98 or Newer usually have a small internet connection icon on the bottom right hand corner of the computer screen, a simple "hover" over the two flashing computers will tell you your speed which is listed in Kbps)

If your connection speed is 26.4 Kbps or Lower, there is probably a static on your line. Pick up your phone and if you notice a static sound in the ear piece, that would be your problem. You should notify your telephone provider.

2) Make sure your phone isn't in use. This will cause the computer to miss the dial-tone... because it won't be there. Tell whoever is on the phone to get off so you can play RuneScape.

3) Persistent lag in game or disconnections. Make sure you let people know that your going to be on the internet and not to pick up the phone while your playing. Also check your connection speed. Anything lower than 46 Kbps in urban areas and 28.8 Kbps in rural areas shouldn't be. Reconnecting can usually fix this problem.

4) Understanding dial-up isn't DSL. You can't run thousands of tasks on dial-up like you could on Broadband. Internet explorer, download programs or even messengers can cause and extreme decline in your gaming experience.

Hope some of these solutions helped

Lag Help:

- The Alt + Ctrl + Delete command can really come in handy when dealing with lag.

(Also known as Task Manager)

--------------------------------
Shutting Down Programs

Don't shut down programs you don’t know... usually it will not allow you to terminate resources required for computer function.

Looking under the user name column on task manager should help. Anything with the name SYSTEM or Network Service should not be terminated. Things named after your computer (Marks Computer, Family Comp, etc.) are usually programs you yourself have installed. If you know it is and don't want it running, end the process.
---------------------------------

For maximum gaming performance, shut down programs that aren't in use, maybe ones that are automatically activated during computer reboots. Some programs may be messenger programs, other games, and even sometimes your anti-virus program.

PLEASE REALIZE that disabling your anti-virus program leaves you open to virus's and is HIGHLY UN-RECOMMENDED unless you are positively sure your computer will not contract any virus's.

Also turning off Windows Automatic Updates helps! On dial-up or sometimes even broadband, all of your resources could be pulled up by an update in Windows. There are also steps you can take to manually have them downloaded at specific times.

This should help you reach that oh so holy goal on Runescape.

Freeing up Resources, For Smooth Performance:

- The Add/Remove Program tool located in your Control Panel is also a very useful tool.

Deleting games which you find highly inferior to Runescape and maybe don't play anymore can easily be removed from your computer. This will add a few Megabytes, maybe even Gigabytes to your computers hard drive. It may also help with smoother operations of other games. Trust me, your computer will thank you for cleaning out the attic.

Broadband... Also has its limits:

- A LAN party or even just a few computers may cause MAJOR problems in your computers performance on the internet.

DSL - DSL is simply a modified version of dial-up internet. DSL still runs through your phone lines, with the extra "kick" of the modem. Hooking up three, four or more computers to one or even two routers can cause a "timely crash" of the internet. This many computers will overload the bandwidth of your internet and cause it to shut down, for a split second. This split second will then in turn cause your computer to disconnect. The easiest way to fix this problem, with my experience, is to unplug the power to the router, then plug it back in.

(Not-recommended if your router will revert back to default factory settings upon powering down)

This will usually reset the connection, giving you a fresh start. This will continue to happen every couple of hours if you keep many computers connected.

Satalite - Usually a crash in your internet or lag can be created by atmospheric problems (Clouds, rain, etc.)

Wireless Problems - I've come to realize that sometimes when I have a cellular phone next to my computer it will lose connection. My guess is that some lags may occur do to interference with other wireless devices.

Thanks
h3llrulz Posted at: 07:43 May06 2007 Post ID: 1579626
h3llrulz
+
+
~*~ skillz guide~*~

ill post guides for all skills as i get time

Woodcutting:

F2P/P2P
if your f2p i suggest you start by cutting normal logs until lv. 15
once your lv. 15 start cutting oak until lv. 30

F2P
once lv. 30 go outside dranyor bank and cut 10k willow, yes i know, its alot... but your no match for the autoers/microers W/A you want to call it.. once you cut 10k your most likely lv. 62-65 (not exactly sure) and go somewhere like behind varrock bank or edgeville to cut yew *NOTE* fally is filled with autoers and its a bad place to cut yew, other places are filled with autoers but not as much
and that is your path to 99

P2P
once you cut about 4k-5k you should be 60woodcuting, start cutting yew straight away!

places:
outside seer bank
around the place where you pick flax
fally
gnome stronghold
and more

cut yew until 80 wood cutting before attempting to cut magic logs
then its about 50k magic logs to get from 80 to 99

Related SKILLZ

fletching/crafting
fletch bronze arrows until you can start making willow short bow
and then use the willow you've cut to fletch(no stringing)
i used about 10k willow to get to lv. 70 fletch(no string)so you can either cut willow for woodcutting xp. for you can just buy...
after that you can start making profit-should have around 400k to start with

first go forum and buy 1k yew(300ea) and 1k flax(100ea)

then spin the flax , this is good crafting xp

and then start cutting your yew into long bows(u)

*NOTE* it will take a while so you might want to do some farming when you do this

once you have then 1k yew longs(u) start stringing(fletch xp)and then sell your 1k yew longs in forum for about 600ea
you have just made 200k profit

once you can make magic short do the same thing until you can start making magic longs(1k long = 400-500k profit)

Firemaking:
this skill is one of the easiest skillz to get to 99, but require quite a bit of logs
you probably want to stay with burning maple because any logs over maple cost quite abit

Magic:
long bows are one of the most famous ways people get to 85magic
but if you buy the supplies you'll lose money
so the idea is to:
1.cut your own yew
2.pick your own flax
3. buy pure ess and make your own nats or go on forum and find someone that is doing free double nats
4.do all of above

now you all know why fletching is the most common skill in runescape(not including combat -.-)

Wont be very active
mr.619 Posted at: 12:56 Jul01 2007 Post ID: 1706391
mr.619
Wisco
Post Likes: 5
+
+
problemsolver's Barrows guide!

First off is the strategy I use, I will be adding more later.

Inventory: Guthan's spear, abyssal whip, black d'hide body, 9 four dose prayer potions, 2 four dose range potions, 300+ death runes, 1200+ mind runes (the number of deaths multiplied by 4), Karil's crossbow, teleportation runes.

Wearing: full Guthan (no spear), dragon square shield (or rune defender, or prayer book), Slayer staff, amulet of glory (or fury), NO RING (yes, this is important, believe it or not), rune boots, 100+ bolt racks (you get these from the chest, which is why I use them - self-replenishing ammunition), the best gloves you have (much preferrably dragon or barrows, if not then just go with black spiked d'hide vambraces).

Strategy: You wear full Guthan, minus the spear, the entire time (except when using range). Always kill Dharok first, because he's really the only one you have to worry about doing major damage. Make sure you do not run out of prayer when killing Dharok, as that will be painful.
It would be best to kill Ahrim next, because he can deal serious damage with magic. When killing Ahrim, switch to the black d'hide and the crossbow, and drink a dose of range potion.
Then kill Karil, as he can also do more damage than one would think. If you've run out of prayer at this point, or are just getting very low, drink a dose. You can kill Karil with range, or (if you want to waste that range potion) you can switch to melee.
If you have any prayer left after killing Karil move onto Torag. Just switch back to slayer staff, your shield of preferrence, and Guthan's plate and mage him.
If you do not have any prayer left after killing Karil move onto Verac, as prayer doesn't work with him anyway. Same thing as with Torag. Note: Verac will also probably do about half your hp, don't worry - you get this back in the tunnel.
Now, if you've made it to Guthan without finding your tunnel, it's time to take the plunge. As soon as you get into the tunnel, switch to Guthan's spear and start regaining that lost health. When you're at, or close, to full hp make your way to the center of the maze. If he has not already appeared, Guthan will appear when you try to open the chest. Kill him and take your reward. As soon as you do the maze will start to shake. Run back to your ladder as fast as you can! Rocks will begin to fall on you until you make it back to the surface. Also, heal any damage before you climb the ladder.

Notes: If you do not make it all the way to Guthan without finding your tunnel, just climb the stairs and move to the next brother on the list. Magic dart is not effected by your magic attack bonus. The runes and such you get from the chest depend upon the number of monsters, in the tunnel, of each type you kill.
Bloodworms: Deaths and bloods (usually..)
Rats, giant or otherwise: Mind runes, so try to avoid killing them when possible.
Spiders: same as rats..
Skeletons: Bolts racks, coins, chaos.. eh.. Pretty much everything not listed under the other ones.

Hope it helps!

Please do not steal this guide, as I worked hard on it.

« Last edited by mr.619 on Jul 1st 2007 »
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 292692

Post Top
Click to close