Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

Um... Bonus Combos?... Are they supposed to be this difficult to execute?...

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

darkboarder_77 Posted at: 15:22 Sep19 2007 Post ID: 1920767
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I've looked over Youtube and across the Net, no matter what instruction I get, I can't use bonus combos at all. They all say, "Hit X, then X again, then hit a Battle Skill," well, dammit, I'm doing that, but it doesn't work. I see Youtube videos of players who 'cancel' their attacks to add bonus damage to their next attack, yet, I do as they say and it will not work.

My attacks aren't cancelling. I'm hitting my standard weak attack, for instance, then hitting Dimension Door immediately after. Instead, Fayt uses his weak attack, then stands there and does nothing. I tried rapping or holding O for Dimension Door, he just stands there a momennt then uses it. I tried rapping both buttons at once and holding one or the other down on random choice, same effect.

So how the hell am I supposed to short-circuit an attack to get a bonus? because nothing anyone's shown or told me works. I'm seeing players who use Sidekick, then halfway through the attack sequence jump back and hit it again for 300% bonus, over and over until their Fury depletes. Again, for me, I can't even link a weak attack to another weak or strong attack or to a Battle Skill.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
MeltonMania Posted at: 16:19 Feb07 2008 Post ID: 2109691
MeltonMania
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
your referring to the cancel bonus?

easy you van either start with a minor battle skill then immediately use a major one

OR use a minor attack then a Minor Battle skill then a major one

it does take practice

try it this way

say u used side kick on minor as soon as he activates his move quickly hold the major attack ( shotgun blast for eg)

you should get a 175% cancel bonus

if you keep going you then get a 2oo%
then a 250%
and finally the blessed 300%

things that stop a cancel bonus are

low fury to continue it eg you cant use a attack that used 45 fury if you only have 20
the enemy guards it (minor only)
or you are not quick enough to execute the next one

oh and YOU CANT GO FROM A WEAK TO A MAJOR ATTACK

as i said above you can only do this with battle skills

you must start with a minor skill followed by a major skill

or a minor attack FOLLOWED by a MINOR skill, Then to a Major skill

hope this helps you lots and post back if this has helped you any...
if i think not, am i not? i think not, don't you think?

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close