Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Mario Maker

What make a good level?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Team SuperCheats Posted at: 06:48 Feb27 2016 Post ID: 3403026
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
+
Is there 'secret sauce' to making a good level. This game looks really interesting... Does it take a lot of effort to make a level - are the tools complicated?
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
sir_Kevin Posted at: 14:19 Feb27 2016 Post ID: 3403082
sir_Kevin
Post Likes: 26
+
+
Trial and error to perfect all pixels and everything to shape!!
Matt77 Posted at: 02:07 Mar03 2016 Post ID: 3403430
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
+
Before you make a level you should decide the reason you're making the level. If it's just a casual fun level you're looking for, try incorporating as many creative features packed together. However, these type of levels generally aren't that interesting to play, but they can be quick and enjoyable to make.

If you want to make a long, serious level, try making a plan of what your level will look like. Perhaps draw a rough plan on paper - this will GREATLY improve the quality of your level/s. Then, think of ways to make your level interesting, whether it is making your level a puzzle level, or incorporating some sort of problem you must overcome in order to continue. Think about a theme too. Adding in hidden rooms or areas also makes building the level more enjoyable, and makes the gameplay experience more enjoyable for people playing your levels.

A key component of creating popular levels would either to create a popular gimmick, music levels, or remix levels. Also, levels with a higher completion rate will be played more often in a feature called 100-Mario Challenge (more people will play the easy version of it). The reason that creating popular levels is that you must be awarded a certain amount of stars by players until you can upload more than 10 levels.

In terms of the tools and creating the levels, it's really easy! The tools are great, and placing them to create levels is very simple.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
sir_Kevin Posted at: 04:17 Mar03 2016 Post ID: 3403435
sir_Kevin
+
+
Team SuperCheats, it is a learning process that requires ALOT of trial and error to perfect everything into order.

If you get the game (at the cost of $79 AUD) and show us your level ID then Matt and I will star and comment on your levels, if you see how my levels and Matt's levels are designed you can get ideas from us, then we can play them.
Team SuperCheats Posted at: 05:12 Mar03 2016 Post ID: 3403439
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
+
I don't have a Wii U - But am thinking this is just what my eldest son who is nine would like to do.

He is really into game ideas and trying to make things up - just not sure if it would be too difficult for him.
Matt77 Posted at: 08:20 Mar03 2016 Post ID: 3403440
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
+
Definitely wouldn't be too difficult. The player can choose how complex or time-consuming it is to create their levels. For example some of my levels have taken hours to create and others have taken under 1 hour.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Forum Guest Posted at: 18:06 Mar03 2016 Post ID: 3403456
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
Youcan even unlock costumes in two options, you either buy the amiibo or play through the 100 MC heaps, but the costumes are only compatible for the original SMB classic, the other three (SM3, SMW, NSMBU) are not.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti QuoteEdit
sir_Kevin Posted at: 04:37 Mar04 2016 Post ID: 3403480
sir_Kevin
+
+
Team SuperCheats, you can get the Wii U and the game for your son, maybe create levels together!!
Matt77 Posted at: 03:59 Mar06 2016 Post ID: 3403686
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
+
Rich I almost forgot to mention this but in Super Mario Maker it isn't just all making levels. You can play other people's levels and Nintendo's levels too!

ViolinViolinViolin

Team SuperCheats Posted at: 07:16 Mar06 2016 Post ID: 3403690
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
+
It does sound really interesting / If I think he-ll get a good use out of it, I'll get it for him - Better than playing stupid Agar.io I think! But to be honest he doesn't even play games that much.
Matt77 Posted at: 07:41 Mar06 2016 Post ID: 3403694
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
+
Haha I play Agar.io too :p

ViolinViolinViolin

Matt77 Posted at: 21:08 Jul14 2016 Post ID: 3415360
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
+
Um no. Agar.io is full of lag these days in all areas other than Teams and has teamers everywhere. Kevin's levels have 0 lag and 0 teamers.

ViolinViolinViolin

sir_Kevin Posted at: 07:45 Jul15 2016 Post ID: 3415363
sir_Kevin
+
+
This is why I have so many hundreds of positive comment likes on Miiverse!!
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close