Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Mario Maker

Mario Maker Getting Super Expert Mode, Thwomps, Keys In New Update!

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

sir_Kevin Posted at: 19:57 Mar04 2016 Post ID: 3403535
sir_Kevin
Post Likes: 26
+
+
During the Nintendo Direct announcement today, it was revealed that Super Mario Maker would be getting a brand new update that will be released on March 9th. In this update, players will now be able to play a new mode in Mario 100 Challenge called Super Expert Mode. This mode will only be unlocked after you have completed Expert mode and will allow you to unlock new Mystery Mushroom costumes like Tetra. This mode will allow you to play 6 more levels which are suppose to be some of the hardest.

Level Designer will also get a new update where you will be able to add the Thwomp skewers from Super Mario World. All you have to do is shake the Thwomp until it turns into one. Keys are also being added to the game so that players can include mandatory boss battles where players will need to beat the boss to be able to get a key. You can also hide the keys in blocks or collect them from new pink coins where you have to collect them all to make a key appear. Keys can be made after shaking a P-Switch and the Key Door can be made from shaking a door. These pink coins can be created by shaking the coin until it turns into one.

If you use the Mario Maker bookmark site, then you can expect to see an update there which will add ranking categories to world records and other options.

Nintendo would also share that Super Mario Maker has now seen more than 6.2 million courses shared since the game launched back in March.
So what do you think of these new updates that are coming to the game? I am really happy to see that even after 6 months, Nintendo keeps adding new content to the game and I hope that they continue to go down this route as this is a game that many people wanted to see and it has been awesome to play so far!

« Last edited by sir_Kevin on Mar 4th 2016 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted at: 01:51 Mar06 2016 Post ID: 3403681
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
+
I'm looking forward to it, but sadly I won't be getting Super Expert 100 Mario Challenge (got to 9/16 levels in Expert with 66 lives left & thought I had a good chance, but now I'm at 9/16 levels with 49 lives left)

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
sir_Kevin Posted at: 01:02 Mar08 2016 Post ID: 3403823
sir_Kevin
Post Likes: 26
+
+
Wolf Link costume said to be confirmed as costume 143.
Matt77 Posted at: 01:42 Mar08 2016 Post ID: 3403826
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
+
Scratch what I said about not being able to complete Expert 100 Mario. I'm onto the final level, & I have 27 lives remaining.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Matt77 Posted at: 07:54 Mar10 2016 Post ID: 3404022
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
+
This free update started great; with me unlocking Super Expert 100 Mario Challenge, and testing out the new course parts. However, I am fairly sure now you can only star or comment levels once you complete them. For example you think someone has created an amazing level, but you just can't finish it. They get ZERO reward. It also means makers such as Panga (makes super-hard levels) will receive little to no stars over the duration between now & the next update.

ViolinViolinViolin

DavilAnne Posted at: 00:57 Mar05 2020 Post ID: 3449880
DavilAnne
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Very good game. I also enjoyed it. I usually use the Mod game apk Super Mario Run version 3.0.17 on Techcrue.com
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close