Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Spamming/items=cheap?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Chaos Sonic Posted at: 14:48 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197540
Chaos Sonic
Post Likes: 3
+
+
On 13-Apr-2008 marielue5 said:Lol, actually no your wrong, competitive players when they are playing competitively, choose not to put items on because thats the competitive rules, just as it was in melee, watch any youtube vids of competitive players playing competitivly and you would know that they dont turn items on.

Also as far as your adapting to any situation aurgument, while we can adapt to different situations, its still unfair, because the items fall unfairly, so both your aurguments fail on my opinion.
You have barely seen my point anyways.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
King of Hell Posted at: 14:48 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197541
King of Hell
Post Likes: 2
+
+
As does yours. Being able to adapt to a situation... You can't do it, since there are no situations. They don't choose to not put items on, it's just those are the rules. They put the items in the game for a reason, and they should be used. Does it not make you a better player than the other person if they got an item, and you still managed to beat them?

marielue5 Posted at: 15:01 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197556
marielue5
Post Likes: 1
+
+
On 13-Apr-2008 King of Hell said:As does yours. Being able to adapt to a situation... You can't do it, since there are no situations. They don't choose to not put items on, it's just those are the rules. They put the items in the game for a reason, and they should be used. Does it not make you a better player than the other person if they got an item, and you still managed to beat them?
Ok I agree with you when you said they dont choose to put the items off, thats just competitive rules.

However, im not sure if im taking your "they put items in the game for a reason" point right, because it sounds to me like your saying since items are in the game then they should be on for competitive play rules, is that what your saying?

If it is then I disagree, because just because you put somthing in the game doesnt mean that you should have to use that somthing when playing competitivly, I will give you an example, and before I do I would like to point out that I know these two games are completly different games, however the following example should help my aurgument that you can have somthing in a game but choose to not use that somthing in competitive play.

Anyways here is my example, ubers in pokemon pearl are pokemon whos stats exceed 500, now they put ubers in the game, however since they are better than any other pokes in the game, they are considered cheap thus you cant use them.

So my main point is just because something is in a game, doesnt mean you have to use it in competitive play.
Pokemon DS record since return to sc 29-3
fc 0301-9016-8239

King of Hell Posted at: 15:05 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197568
King of Hell
+
+
Thats true, but that eliminates the use of skill whatsoever. Items only accent a players skill, rather than making the opponent lose no matter what.

PokemonDiamond40 Posted at: 15:12 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197579
PokemonDiamond40
+
+
ok ur comparing pokemon to brawl

that is very very different

1) thats a strategy game
2) this is more of an action game

this only proves that actually u have no statement against this argument because u are comparing 2 uncomparing things

items are okay to some extent

many items require sopme common sense to use not just throw them everywhere like u think people do

any player that plays competiutively can play ith items as well

they gotta go against them'

because if u cant play against items then u shouldnt be on competitive at all because ur saying oh its so cheap cause u used items

well u could have used them too, so too bad, if u were more skilled u would have gotten the item instead of ur opponent

Bam!

post by me

Tourneys won: 12
Our Spike Compilation Vid
My Team
My Pit Trick Video
thx trainer saphire for the awesome sig ^_^
Oli_ftw Posted at: 15:17 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197594
Oli_ftw
+
+
Lawl, competitive players don't use items because they think its 'cheap', it just makes it fairer. Like someone could be pulling off a sick combo and a bomb spawns in front of them and thats the combo finished and possibly the game.
I'm a jerk
marielue5 Posted at: 15:46 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197667
marielue5
+
+
Oli I couldnt have said it better myself, thankyou.

@ pd40 didnt I say right before I gave my example that they are different games, and I wasnt really comparing them, I was simply proving the fact that just because somthing is in a game doesnt mean you have to use it for competitive play, and used pokemon pearl as my example.

Also I would like to get back to pd's point that you had just as much of a chance to use that item as the other person did, that is totally untrue, example: what if I kill you once, now you have two lifes left and I have three, im high in presentage you knock me off the stage, then that item that causes you to be able to burn people while attacking appears, you get it cause I got knocked off the stage and had no chance of getting it, how the heck did I have just as much of a chance to get that item as you did, I simply suffered because I klilled you first, thats just one example of how items always will fall better for one person then the other in a game, which makes them unfair.

« Last edited by marielue5 on Apr 13th 2008 »
fc 0301-9016-8239

Oli_ftw Posted at: 16:19 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197741
Oli_ftw
+
+
The whole point of no items is because if an item spawns right next to you. Theres no competition to see who gets it. Who knows it could be a smart bomb. Or a spicy curry. But saying you need skill to get items is like saying theres no skill involved without items.
I'm a jerk
Flamedrario Posted at: 16:26 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197748
Flamedrario
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Spamming isnt bad. It shows you know how to use a move to the best of your abilities.
Like a guy thought that using Wario's bike alot is bad. Its ok. Theyre just mad cuz they aint good enough to counter.
Goodbye SuperCheats

MSN: [email protected]
PokemonDiamond40 Posted at: 17:06 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197863
PokemonDiamond40
+
+
no spamming is for example just b b b b b side smash
b side smash b b b side smash b b b b ooh theres a change down smash

thats spamming wolf style

My Team
My Pit Trick Video
King of Hell Posted at: 17:24 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197890
King of Hell
+
+
No, that is combo-ing, wolf style. You people don't get the concept of a spam move, do you? You can't spam Wolf's blaster, for instance... Why? Because there are pauses. There are major differences between spamming, over-use, and combo-ing.

marielue5 Posted at: 18:56 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2198017
marielue5
+
+
On 13-Apr-2008 King of Hell said:No, that is combo-ing, wolf style. You people don't get the concept of a spam move, do you? You can't spam Wolf's blaster, for instance... Why? Because there are pauses. There are major differences between spamming, over-use, and combo-ing.
So your saying that if I play that way with wolf im not spamming?

If so then edge=happy

Because thats how I play somtimes and people bash me on it.
fc 0301-9016-8239

King of Hell Posted at: 18:58 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2198018
King of Hell
+
+
People in general are idiots. If I recall correctly, Wolf is incapable of spamming. Your doing something called a spam-combo, which is type of combo that over-uses a single move. It's like my Redemption combo, which I don't use often. Meteor Smashing constantly isn't the combo, but the combo uses a lot of meteor smashes in it.

marielue5 Posted at: 19:03 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2198028
marielue5
+
+
On 13-Apr-2008 King of Hell said:People in general are idiots. If I recall correctly, Wolf is incapable of spamming. Your doing something called a spam-combo, which is type of combo that over-uses a single move. It's like my Redemption combo, which I don't use often. Meteor Smashing constantly isn't the combo, but the combo uses a lot of meteor smashes in it.
Thanks for clearing that up, lol I feel dumb for not knowing that.

Anyways I still feel the same about spamming not being cheap, now I fully understand what it is, and did sort of before but not completly, anyways I still stand on all my posts I posted earler.
fc 0301-9016-8239

Aether13 Posted at: 19:26 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2198047
Aether13
+
+
No I agree with PD that is spamming with wolf if you repetedly use the same move over and over unless it regards to getting back on the edge that is spamming plain and simple also even though spamming is part of the game it is only for people who are really new to the game or have no talent and yea One X metor smashing isn't a combo but it is in most of them.

Veenis made teh siggy :D
Heart Gold FC: 5242 6951 2898
Also if you want to go to PXE click this link...DO IT!
King of Hell Posted at: 19:32 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2198056
King of Hell
+
+
He's not using the same move over and over, and even if he was, he wouldn't be capable of spamming since there is the delay that I have mentioned in almost all of my posts. Plus, this is King of Hell... Not One X :P

And I meant that the Redemption combo isn't all Meteor Smashes, but it is most of it, therefore it's a semi spam-combo.

PokemonDiamond40 Posted at: 20:07 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2198101
PokemonDiamond40
+
+
thde delay in the gun is canceled by the stun on the opponent

My Team
My Pit Trick Video
King of Hell Posted at: 20:10 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2198107
King of Hell
+
+
Yes, which is why it's a combo starter. Spamming is continuous and potentially never ending. It doesn't matter whether they can't move after you do it, there is still a pause.

marielue5 Posted at: 20:16 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2198111
marielue5
+
+
On 13-Apr-2008 King of Hell said:Yes, which is why it's a combo starter. Spamming is continuous and potentially never ending. It doesn't matter whether they can't move after you do it, there is still a pause.
Well I feel like I can no longer be apart of this debate, as people would think im being bies.

KOH I have to ask again, im sorry but its bothering me not to know, why can you mod every forum on the site, I just saw you close yet another thread in the sc times, why doesnt your status say super mod? im so lost, please give a better explenation then last time lol.
fc 0301-9016-8239

King of Hell Posted at: 20:34 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2198122
King of Hell
+
+
I must say...

See now, I'm an Smod from the future, sent back in time to cause as much confusion and lulz as possible.

It's a new month. Change your sig:
Funny question of the month (asked by Marielue5): why can you mod every forum on the site, I just saw you close yet another thread in the sc times, why doesnt your status say super mod?

Also, you can still debate. Debating is always possible when you have the King of Hell on your side.

« Last edited by King of Hell on Apr 13th 2008 »

Displaying Page 2 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close