Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Super Smash Bros. General Character discussion.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Next
King of Hell Posted at: 21:35 Oct28 2008 Post ID: 2465218
King of Hell
Post Likes: 2
+
+
This is the topic where debating the pros and cons of various characters will be held. As all the spotlights are now complete, any unsolved squabbles may be carried out here. The topic is very versatile, and I'd advise it if you try not to change the subject by force "guys what do you think of X character?" when we're discussing Lucas's advantages over Ness and vice versa. The topic will eventually flow over to new characters on it's own. Now, seeing as this is almost a little forum in itself, lets lay down some rules:

Moderators:

Using your powers because somebody upset you, or you couldn't back up your debate is childish and uncalled for. You will be reported. Calling flame-baiting during a debate is also frowned upon.

General:

Debating is encouraged. Heated debating is cautioned against due to many people having the emotional maturity of a teaspoon. Please English as properly as possible, and back up your debates and reasoning with well structured evidence.

Simply to start;

Marth's advantages over Ike anybody?

I find speed, combo-ing ability (I don't mean chain grabbing. More commonplace comboing such as juggling is very useful), and aerial dominance to be some strengths of Marth's, while Ike has a decent amount of power for a one hit wonder every now and then. Comments? Concerns? Begin. (I'd love to several more paragraphs, but I've really got to go...)

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
bomba Posted at: 22:38 Oct28 2008 Post ID: 2465231
bomba
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I think the biggest area Marth beats Ike in is the whole, Ike has terrbile lag in his moves, in that time you coulda ripped out a 3 move combo with Marth.

Aether13 Posted at: 15:08 Oct29 2008 Post ID: 2465459
Aether13
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Not excally i have beaten people using Marth while i use Ike

Veenis made teh siggy :D
Heart Gold FC: 5242 6951 2898
Also if you want to go to PXE click this link...DO IT!
King of Hell Posted at: 15:13 Oct29 2008 Post ID: 2465464
King of Hell
+
+
Thats fantastic. We don't care if you've got nothing other to say than that. If you hadn't read the rules, doing so may be beneficial. You could have beaten a toddler who used Marth for all we know. Back up your claims why Ike is better. This topic is for discussion, not whatever the hell you call what you're doing right now.

Cervantes De Leon Posted at: 17:53 Oct29 2008 Post ID: 2465692
Cervantes De Leon
+
+
Marth and Ike's style are rather much the opposite of each other. Marth goes for the swift, rapid swipes so with him, a strategy of constant attack is best. Ike, on the other hand, is one best for setting up, since his strength can cause some serious punishment if his opponent makes a wrong move. Marth can easily out manover Ike and get a good load of hits in while he's readying one, but if Marth makes a bad move, he might not last long.

Marth in general though, is a great character. He has some incredibly reliable moves (Dancing Blade is a key move for me using Marth), some decent smash moves and good speed. My one concern for Marth is the alteration to his Shield breaker. In Melee, I found the move incredibly useful for edgeguarding, yet I find it really hard to use it for that now.

By ozzo

Mission debriefing: Now available
guy in oakland Posted at: 18:49 Oct29 2008 Post ID: 2465745
guy in oakland
Post Likes: 5
+
+
marth>ike...why?

marth has the superior aerial game,faster smashes,better spike,better counter,and slightly better recovery

I do have a question for you guys,why is king dedede rated so high in brawl?Ithink he is way to big of a target and also has a lot of lag in his moves,despite that people are still saying he is one of the top 5 characters in brawl

PSN-intayaz

Aether13 Posted at: 19:09 Oct29 2008 Post ID: 2465763
Aether13
+
+
Sorry adam i wasn' paying attention lol
THe main reason in my opion why he is up so high is his recover and that you can sit back and spam his Forward special which can actually kill somebody but i don't think he should be high more of a middle since he is slower then hell and is easy to spike when he is recovering

King of Hell Posted at: 14:58 Oct30 2008 Post ID: 2466227
King of Hell
+
+
On 29-Oct-2008 guy in oakland said:marth>ike...why?

marth has the superior aerial game,faster smashes,better spike,better counter,and slightly better recovery

I do have a question for you guys,why is king dedede rated so high in brawl?Ithink he is way to big of a target and also has a lot of lag in his moves,despite that people are still saying he is one of the top 5 characters in brawl
Because...

Super advanced techniques are fun.

t-21 Posted at: 10:19 Nov01 2008 Post ID: 2467927
t-21
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 30-Oct-2008 King of Hell said:Because...

Super advanced techniques are fun.
I use sonic,shiek,marth and link i mite use others but dedede isnt that good so y is he top 5 i can understand marth but dedede dos not make sense beat me with him then i will agree he is alright but not top 5
guy in oakland Posted at: 13:57 Nov01 2008 Post ID: 2468051
guy in oakland
+
+
t-21 posting more than once is not allowed,although I wont delete the quote you had

change in topic:what do you think of meta knight,a lot of epople want the guy banned for tourneys because of how broken he is

PSN-intayaz

Aether13 Posted at: 14:34 Nov01 2008 Post ID: 2468066
Aether13
+
+
t-21 first post will be delted since it has no relavence to the topic and GIO to many people complain bc they have nothing else to do

King of Hell Posted at: 15:23 Nov01 2008 Post ID: 2468090
King of Hell
+
+
Try not to force the change in topic. Let it change on it's own.

Meta Knight isn't bad. I don't like him personally, but I think he's fun to play against... I don't put much faith in what the tournament organizers say, seeing as they ban items and stages simply because they don't think they can win on them or with them... Idiocy at it's finest.

Aether13 Posted at: 15:30 Nov01 2008 Post ID: 2468103
Aether13
+
+
That is right personally i could care less who people use i have seen people get beat by a DK player by using people like MK because the DK can get things such as spikes and timed power hits

bomba Posted at: 15:53 Nov01 2008 Post ID: 2468112
bomba
+
+
I think it's stupid how tourneys ban charcaters, if that is how it goes we may as well ban Sonic for his speed, Ganon and Ike for their power, and Falco for his spike, honstly.

King of Hell Posted at: 21:30 Nov01 2008 Post ID: 2468338
King of Hell
+
+
Let's ban ever character that can beat Fox, and we may as well have a tournament. I personally think tournaments are stupid, simply because of the narrow mindedness of people that play using "competitive rules". I absolutely hate it.

Also... People, just to make sure: Are you calling it a spike out of ignorance, or are you deliberately using a term that doesn't exist? I can link you to the page where the head of production calls it a Meteor Smash (the official term) if you don't believe me...

guy in oakland Posted at: 21:34 Nov01 2008 Post ID: 2468340
guy in oakland
+
+
I myself like the term spike more than meteor smash,but either will do really

PSN-intayaz

bomba Posted at: 21:55 Nov01 2008 Post ID: 2468348
bomba
+
+
I know it's called a Meteor Smash it's just that if you say meteor smash alot of people have no freakin clue what your talking about.

« Last edited by bomba on Nov 1st 2008 »

Cervantes De Leon Posted at: 15:24 Nov04 2008 Post ID: 2470672
Cervantes De Leon
+
+
On 01-Nov-2008 King of Hell said:Let's ban ever character that can beat Fox, and we may as well have a tournament. I personally think tournaments are stupid, simply because of the narrow mindedness of people that play using "competitive rules". I absolutely hate it.

Also... People, just to make sure: Are you calling it a spike out of ignorance, or are you deliberately using a term that doesn't exist? I can link you to the page where the head of production calls it a Meteor Smash (the official term) if you don't believe me...
Dude, whats the big deal about what it's called? It's the same move, doesn't kill the game calling it something differant, why complain about what some people call it? Americans don't yell at Britains for using the words 'chips' for what they call 'french fries' do they?

Back to what the topic was before KoH forced a change, Meta Knight is the only character to be banned from tournaments...only in Italy though. Anywhere else he's legal to use but Meta Knight in Italian tournaments is illegal.

« Last edited by Cervantes De Leon on Nov 13th 2008 »

By ozzo

Green_Fire Posted at: 17:52 Nov10 2008 Post ID: 2475508
Green_Fire
+
+
People find MK too fast and furious. He can gimp recoveries like you-don't-know-what. But the AI are always dumb wih him for me...kinda off topic though; he Dimensional Caped into a FalconPAWNCH.
Now MK is also light, meaning he can get KO'ed at around 50% by Ganondorf or Ike. All of his specials leave him free-falling if he uses them in the air. I personally don't have a problem with him, yet some people hate him.
MORAL:No character is the best. Deal with it.

Signature by me
Cervantes De Leon Posted at: 09:45 Nov13 2008 Post ID: 2477151
Cervantes De Leon
+
+
Completely agree with you there. Meta Knight can be deadly in the hands of an expert, but one mistake could send him flying incredibly easily. Good thing he's got the excellent recovery abilities he has.

By ozzo

Displaying Page 1 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close