I'm not really sure if I have a favorite character, but it seems to me that I play best with Link.
- He is well rounded in attacks; Up-A protects him from any nearby enemies, and likewise his A attacks all seem to cover him for short range combat pretty well. He can shoot arrows as long distance projectiles, he can light bombs as short term projectiles, and his down- or up- A attacks in the air, with practice to properly use them, are fairly deadly arracks as far as launching moderately damaged enemies. He even has a tornado which can bring enemies to you or damage them.
- His Smash Move is fairly hard to pull off. If the opponent knows to stay away from being right in front of you, it is not easy to land. If done, it admittedly is effective on those he hits.
- B-Up has its uses on the ground. But in the air, it is unlikely to hit anyone, and it leaves him vulnerable given it doesn't travel too far. This is not too unique to Link, but it is not a strength. Game+Watch has a good B-Up move, as well as Ike, Dedede, and even Ness/Lucas if they are not trying to get back on a stage with it.
- To extend from the last point, he cannot jump very high in general. Not only is he restricted to a double jump, his weight is a liability as well.
- His A moves usually have a tad of lag to them, which can occasionally be taken advantage of.