Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Character build

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Harlz12 Posted at: 14:02 Mar18 2008 Post ID: 2161717
Harlz12
Post Likes: 0
+
+
ok well
i just brought the game off ebay and im now waiting for it to come
so now i need to sort out my character build ..
i like to go with a ninja/assasin type of thing
or like a battle mage (uses magic and swords)
or a quick warrior
any suggestions anyone?

also can someone tell me if you can still max all the stats even if u dint choose it ...??

Thank you

Thanks to ieatwyverns for the sig!!
Click Me!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
cheating-is-good Posted at: 02:09 Mar19 2008 Post ID: 2162423
cheating-is-good
+
+
There is already a character build topic, so this should be closed.
Great, I'm moving. Who knows when you'll see me again.
TestVirus101 Posted at: 02:21 Mar19 2008 Post ID: 2162430
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
+
c-i-g: Nah, this is more of a "need help" thread.

"i like to go with a ninja/assasin type of thing
or like a battle mage (uses magic and swords)
or a quick warrior
any suggestions anyone?"

Quick Warrior - Well, hmm, If you want to be agile and swing a sword around, stat appropriately. You're going to need Strength, Endurance, Speed and perhaps some Agility if you have significant points left over to avoid being 'staggered' by enemy blows. If you're using a shield (probably a given for a quick warrior, not a two-hander) you're actual abilities are going to be something like:
Blade, Block, Light Armor, then just add whatever you feel like (I'd avoid Mercantile, Speechcraft and as a Warrior, any magic skills as your Major skills) I'd strongly suggest Sneak as a light armor warrior though, sneaking up and doing extra damage with the sneak attack would help you out.

Battle Mage: Well, they have a basic character class you can choose for that (they probably have one for a 'quick' warrior as well, but battle-mage is a very clear description of the basic class I'm referring to, so you might as well use that)

Ninja/Assassin: Well, this game uses a stealth system which has some flaws (if you have ordered the PC version I'd reccomend googling something along the lines of, "Oblivion Stealth mods" to fix some issues such as enemies knowing where you are constantly after your first sneak attack. As for stealth itself, while you can stealth attack with swords (and not with magic for the record), most assassins (There is an assassins' guild in the game if you're interested; The Dark Brotherhood. Which is in many people's opinions the best questline in the game.) will be using a bow to fight. You're going to want a set-up along the lines of: Marksman, Light Armor, Sneak, Security and then whatever you wish (Illusion has some good stealth skills, with Acrobatis and Athletics viable Major skills as well). As for stats, you'll need Speed and Agility and the rest is up to you (Probably some endurance as well, for HP).

Hope this helps, please note that there are 21 character classes designed by the developers you can choose from the start, in Oblivion a "Warrior" can decide to randomly throw around Magic, these "classes" are basically just preset templates to use, so you can get going right away.

« Last edited by TestVirus101 on Mar 19th 2008 »
cheating-is-good Posted at: 02:45 Mar19 2008 Post ID: 2162449
cheating-is-good
+
+
Oh my bad TV, I misread it. Sorry.
Great, I'm moving. Who knows when you'll see me again.
Harlz12 Posted at: 10:26 Mar19 2008 Post ID: 2162590
Harlz12
+
+
will it make a difference which race of character i use?

by the way its on ps3 ..

Click Me!
fablelord Posted at: 10:32 Mar19 2008 Post ID: 2162595
fablelord
+
+
Right yeah no real ninja thing. Just run up to people while sneaking. For a character that is good for sneaking choose a Khajjit or an Argonian. But over all Khajjit is better. For battle mage choose either a High Elf or Dark Elf. High Elfs are more surrounded by magic when Dark Elfs have a mix. Though a lot of people choose Imperials for battle mages I don't know why because really they aren't that good with magic.
Battlemage: Birthsign:Aprentice(Dark Elf) Mage(High Elf)
Major Attributes: Strength and Will Power
Major Skills: Blade, Heavy Armor, Destruction, Alteration, Maybe Conjuration, Block, Armoer.
Ninja: Birth Sign: Tower or Thief. NEVER CHOOSE THE SHADOW. You can do so much better later in the game.
Major Attributes: Speed and Endurance
Major Skills:Blade or Marksman, Sneak, Security or alteration, Athletics, Acrobatics, Illusion(Saves a lot of money at times), light armor.
Murphy's Law: It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
TestVirus101 Posted at: 14:28 Mar19 2008 Post ID: 2162811
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
+
For an assassin:
Khajjit, Argonian or Bosmer(Wood Elf) for their Marksmanship
Harlz12 Posted at: 04:41 Mar20 2008 Post ID: 2163617
Harlz12
+
+
ok thanks but even if i dint choose some of the skills
does it mean i cant use them?

Click Me!
fablelord Posted at: 10:00 Mar20 2008 Post ID: 2163751
fablelord
+
+
No it doesn't mean that. It just means that you can't level up when you up those skills and that it might be harder. Like with mysticism you can't use any of the magic for that until you train but other things like destruction you get in the begining so it might be easier. SOme of the skills require something like alchemy requires a mortar and pestle when light armor and heavy armor requires you to wear that type and get hit by an enemy.
Murphy's Law: It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
Forum Guest Posted at: 13:51 Jun29 2013 Post ID: 3255973
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
You guys are forgetting the foundation of a ninja character: it's a MARTIAL warrior. It uses its fist to take out its enemies quickly and silently. You don't need any weapons other than the ones nature provided for you.
So here is the build I would use:

Khajiit(pure stealth)/Dunmer(lethal Nightblade)/Breton(Ultimate ShadowMage)
Thief(Khajiit)/Tower(Dunmer)/Mage/Atronach(Breton)
Stealth (possibly magic if you truly feel the need)
Acrobatics
Alteration/Security
Sneak
Hand-to-Hand
Illusion/Alchemy
Light Armor
Marksman/Blade/Destruction (personal preference)

Be prepared for a fight at any moment in dungeons, so always be sneaking. As soon as you see a potential opponent, seek cover and find a way to maneuver around until you're directly behind him, then attack with vicious force. If you find yourself overwhelmed, cast a Calm or Demoralize spell to buy yourself some time, or pull out a strong weapon and plow your way out. Use light armor so you can be stealthy without sacrificing protection; find the strongest type of light armor available, and raise your light armor level as quickly as possible so the large-scale battles won't take as heavy a toll upon you. And finally, with your light armor, mastery of unarmed combat (and the right enchantments), you will be an unstoppable whirlwind of chaos and destruction. Join the Mages Guild (enchantments to improve stealth and combat) and the Dark Brotherhood (like-minded colleagues of clandestine murder) to get the best possible gear.

Now go, children of Darkness...
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti QuoteEdit
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close