Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Twilight best on Wii or Gamecube??

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

erty445 Posted at: 18:02 Feb13 2007 Post ID: 1365903
erty445
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Now some of you have had a chance to play Twilight Princess on both Consoles I would really like to hear your opinions on the experience playing on the Wii v Gamecube?
I love (like everyone on these forums) the whole Zelda history and the gaming experience but I feel traditional in my Game play controlling i.e. regular handheld controller and bought the Gamecube version (to the annoyance of family who also tried to buy it for my xmas pressie - but I couldn't wait any longer!!) I loved this game as much and perhaps just a little more as the other Zeldas.
I now have a Wii (still unsure about it as a platform)and wonder whether standing in the room for a total of around 50-60 hours swinging my arms around is a)fun b)too tiring c)worth it??
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Devils Soldier Posted at: 18:23 Feb13 2007 Post ID: 1365972
Devils Soldier
Forum GuestMember
+
+
if i were you i wouldnt buy it since you allready have the game. both versions are the same exact thing except for the motion sinsing of the wii's version.

if you didnt have any version and wanted advice on which version you should get, i would ofcourse say the Wii's but theres not really any point of getting it anymore.
jeanie72 Posted at: 23:29 Feb13 2007 Post ID: 1366579
jeanie72
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I haven't played it on the cube,but I have on the wii. I don't think I would go out and buy it just for the sake of having it on the wii if you already have the cube version (it is the same game)
But on a side note..I enjoyed playing the wii version. It really didn't require too much movement as far as the controler.My kids tend to overwork the controles but it isn't nessasary.
videogamefreak43 Posted at: 12:44 Feb14 2007 Post ID: 1367733
videogamefreak43
Forum GuestMember
+
+
first off you can sit down and play it. second the game only took me 32 hours first time i played it and 19 second time. Third the motion sensing makes it better for the wii, but since you already have it for the cube its not really worth it to buy it for the wii
MasterHunter Posted at: 14:13 Feb14 2007 Post ID: 1367974
MasterHunter
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Don't take any notice of the adverts you see with people jumping around like 3 year olds who have consumed too many E numbers.

Like videogamefreak43 said you CAN sit down and play it infact you should sit down, you don't achieve anything by standing in this game.

You don't have to make massive arm movements to swing Link's sword - flicking your wrist does fine - it doesn't tire you out because you're not supposed to exaggerate, in fact you do the opposite.

Aiming with weapons like the bow & clawshots is ALOT easier than in previous games (you don't have to be precise & the wiimote doesn't pick up the shakey hand effect).

If you didn't have this on the GC then i would advise buying it, however since you do, just spend your money on another game.
Cervantes De Leon Posted at: 17:26 Feb16 2007 Post ID: 1373522
Cervantes De Leon
+
+
Considering you've got the Gamecube version, there's no point buying what is essentially the same game (the only difference is that the Wii version is mirrored to suit the controller set-up). Also, as videogamefreak43 and MasterHunter said, you don't need to do over-exagerrated movements with the remote, just a flick of the wrist registers.

By ozzo

Mission debriefing: Now available
SPV999 Posted at: 21:48 Feb16 2007 Post ID: 1374578
SPV999
+
+
A) yes.

b) no. As said, you dont have to jump around like an idiot. in fact, the sword controls are almost the same as pushing a button. However, the aiming and execution of special moves is a lot easier (IMO).

c) If you have the gamecube version, not really. It is fun, and a new experience; but not enough so unless you are a die hard Zelda fan.

Maybe a few months down the line when the game goes on sale and you are looking to play through it again.

On a side note, Ever wonder what would happen if there was a big battle between the entire staff of Supercheats?

Forum Guest Posted at: 23:22 Nov10 2012 Post ID: 3171546
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
blahblahblahblahbaPrayApplauseSmile
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti QuoteEdit
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close