Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
World of Warcraft

Gentlemen, this could be the end of the World(of Warcraft)

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Traffic Monger Posted at: 23:15 Jul06 2010 Post ID: 2864824
Traffic Monger
ヽ( ´ー `)ノ
Post Likes: 0
+
+
While I know this forum is dead anyways, I find this worth mentioning.

At around noon today, it was announced that posting under your Real ID name(i.e your full name in real life), would be a requirement to post in the official World of Warcraft forums to protect against trolls. It's not because I'm mad because I can't troll anymore; I have my own reasons. Now, while getting rid of the anonymity is a very bad idea, that's just the tip of the iceberg. They later announced that that change would be only the beginning of what they plan to do with Real ID. What's next, then? Will they post my real name in the armory? Why? "We want to make it easier to find out if your friends play WoW or not.". Now, I don't know about you, but playing World of Warcraft is pretty looked down upon. I don't want people in real life knowing I play. What's next after that? Will my name in-game be Leland the Blood Elf Death Knight? I can't stand what they(read: Activision) is doing to the game. What part of our real lives will we have to share because Activision says they want to make it more social?

If you want to complain, check this out: A thread currently spanning over 13,000 posts against this change. Downright majority of them being complaints. Plenty of people have already canceled their accounts due to this change. Once it goes live, much more people will stop posting on the forums altogether. They're gonna make a new patch with horrible content nobody likes and they can't look to the forums for feedback from the majority of the community. People quit because of the changes. Bam, there goes something else Activision ruined.

« Last edited by Traffic Monger on Oct 5th 2010 »

Signature credit goes to .Impact.

Skype - Shadezz80
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close