Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2009

Move Theft, Evasive Dodge, etc

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

TheMovement Posted at: 17:12 Jan16 2009 Post ID: 2522602
TheMovement
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
So I started career mode with a new caw I made and thus far I'm on my first path (Intercontinental). I've won a few matches and have become the #1 contender. So far I've obtained Fan Favorite, Resiliancy, and Durability. I would also like to eventually get Move Theft, Kip Up, and Lock Pick or Hammer Throw.

My question is, is it possible to get Move Theft(beat 20 different opponents) and/or Kip Up(win 6 titles) WITHOUT getting Evasive Dodge??? If I'm not mistaken Evasive Dodge is obtained by winning special matches(ladder, cage, etc) against 2 different opponents. I'm not interested in Evasive Dodge. Is there any way around this??? Thanks!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
king_jamie56 Posted at: 22:56 Jan16 2009 Post ID: 2523004
king_jamie56
Not a Nightmare Penguin
+
+
Yes, it is possible to get Kip Up & Move Theft without getting Evasive dodge. To get Evasive Dodge, you must win A Special Match against Two Opponents, not win a special match against two different opponents...

...so yeah, just avoid Tag Matches and special matches which pop up randomly during career (Rumble, MITB etc.) and you should be fine.

Brawl FC: 1891-2896-6944
Rich's first ever Super Smash Bros Brawl Wi-Fi Opponent
TheMovement Posted at: 12:19 Jan17 2009 Post ID: 2523360
TheMovement
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Ok, thanks for the input. My main concern was all the special matches you have to win to be the #1 contender. I guess that shouldn't be a problem now. Out of curiosity though....you mentioned avoiding tag matches......what kind of special #1 contender matches are part of each tag team path? Do these count towards Evasive Dodge? Thanks again.
agent Cody Bauer Posted at: 17:47 Jan17 2009 Post ID: 2523701
agent Cody Bauer
+
+
I'd have to go with Jamie's advice. I tried not getting Evasive Dodge and I of course ended up getting it. But glad to see a new face on the board! Welcome!
-Denver Nuggets Fan(Melo/Billups/JR/Nene/Kenyon/Lawson)

TheMovement Posted at: 20:41 Jan17 2009 Post ID: 2524120
TheMovement
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Thanks. Other than the tag matches involved with the Evasive Dodge, my only other possible problem is Possum Pin. Any pointers on how to avoid having to beat opponents with possum pin? I've tried customizing the rosters at the beginning of the career and leaving out as many possum pin guys as I could, but some still showed up in the tag paths. Any ideas on this one as well? Thanks.
agent Cody Bauer Posted at: 23:34 Jan18 2009 Post ID: 2525230
agent Cody Bauer
+
+
Well this task is sorta a bit impossible but it might not be though. It's sorta hard to explain but here it goes.

I don't think you can avoid matches with someone on career or tag title paths that doesn't have possum pin. Sure it sucks but you either kick out of it or you don't. But if you get a possum pin on someone just kick outta the pin. Or avoid the controls to allow a possum pin to happen.
-Denver Nuggets Fan(Melo/Billups/JR/Nene/Kenyon/Lawson)

king_jamie56 Posted at: 06:31 Jan19 2009 Post ID: 2525341
king_jamie56
Not a Nightmare Penguin
+
+
Actually, to avoid getting the possum pin, just don't "draw-out" matches against guys who have the ability, that way, you won't get a five star rating for the match, and you won't have to worry about getting the ability.

TheMovement Posted at: 12:23 Jan19 2009 Post ID: 2525582
TheMovement
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Oh, so the possum pin ability works like the dirty pin then? I was under the impression that you just needed to beat 3 guys with possum pin, not get 5 stars. If that's the case then its no problem. I did notice also though that if you have a tag match where one opponent has possum pin and the other doesn't (like you are against Cena/HBK for example) it doesn't seem to affect you getting possum pin as long as you defeat Cena in the match and leave HBK alone. Just thought that may be useful for others who may want to avoid possum pin.
king_jamie56 Posted at: 20:04 Jan19 2009 Post ID: 2526083
king_jamie56
Not a Nightmare Penguin
+
+
Damn, looks like i got Dirty Pin and Possum Pin mixed up again...

...sorry, but Possum Pin is obtained when you beat three guys who have the ability...So to avoid this, do what you did and take everyone out of career mode with the ability, then only go for the guy without the ability in tag matches...

Forum Guest Posted at: 23:17 Jul16 2012 Post ID: 3130187
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
you do know yall can change your abilities at the create a moveset
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti QuoteEdit
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close