Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 463 of 466
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 461 | 462 | 463 | 464 | 465 | Last     Previous | Next
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:30 Apr29 2024 Post ID: 3460709
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Fun to give out grades now, but let's be real - none of these guys have played a snap yet so these grades might (and probably will) look totally silly this time next year
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 07:21 Apr30 2024 Post ID: 3460710
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Definitely. Most do one year grades as well as five year grades, so things will probably change. However, in a vacuum, three or four teams looked to have killed it.

In lesser news, the Cowboys resigned Zeke. I think Hunt or a rookie would have been a better choice, but that is the Cowboys for you.
Sanzano Posted: 14:41 Apr30 2024 Post ID: 3460711
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
That's Jerry Jones for you, Zeke was always one of his favorites. Jones has a history of looking after the players he liked.

I see now the logic with Kansas City taking a chance on the Welsh Rugby player Louis Rees-Zammit. Just seen the new kick-off rules and they are perfect for him if they intend to use him as a returner on special teams.

Also noticed the Chiefs now have three recievers that have 4.2 40 times. This is going to be like having three Tyreek Hills running down the field, how are teams going to defend that?

I'm hearing the steal of the draft could be Jer'Zhan 'Johnny' Newton. He fell out of the first round because of a foot injury but scouts say the guy is a wrecking ball at Defensive End.

Maybe you guys know the answer to this, I recently brought my son a pair of Nike Air Jordan OG Originals, which were expensive. I read recently that Nike uses 'pleather' and not real leather. I feel a bit scammed paying all that money for a pair of plastic trainers. My son loves them so I guess that's all that matters. Is this true, Nike don't use real leather for their shoes? Apparenly its not just nike but Adidas, Puma, and other top brands.

I personally wear Diadora equipe, hand crafted in Italy and real leather. You can only get them shipped over from Milan, the factory turns out 65 pairs a day. Kids look at them and give me wierd looks as if to say what are you wearing on your feet. Little do they know that back in the 80s before Michael Jordan elevated Nike to the most popular sports brand in the world Diadora was a top brand.

Why is it I have a feeling you guys wear Nike Air Force 1s. From what I have seen it seems to be the shoe of choice for your age range.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Apr 30th 2024 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 22:29 Apr30 2024 Post ID: 3460712
steelersrock01
+
Lol, I don't know if the show brands use fake leather but I wouldn't be surprised if they do. I don't have Air Force Ones but I do have a couple pairs of Nike something or others that I don't wear very often. My daily driver sneaker if I'm just bumming around or going to be outside is a comfy pair of New Balance I've been wearing forever. They're the only brand of sneaker I've found that consistently don't hurt my feet.

I honestly don't even know what most people my age wear these days. Back when I was in school it was Etnies and Osiris.
Warrior13 Posted: 23:14 Apr30 2024 Post ID: 3460713
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I honestly do not have an affinity towards any specific brand of shoes. I usually just go off of if I like a specific look of a shoe. That said, I usually get my shoes from outlet malls or discount stores like Ross, always making sure I look up online the going rate of whatever pair of shoes I like before buying. I am cheap. lol

My current fav pair of shoes are LaMelo Balls MB.02 teal, just liked the look of them. But I have like twenty or thirty pairs of shoes. And before you guys freak at the number, I just usually swap between them. Might have worn all of them less than twenty times each. Normally abuse one pair for daily stuff and swap when going out or something. Got Pumas, Nikes, Champions, Converse, etc. Have a pair of Uggs that I have never worn, just bought them because they were going for x5 what I paid for online.

My brother is the real shoe guy of the family. Real boogie kid. Jordans used to be his thing, but he just gets anything expensive now. Kid loves Doc Martens.

My dad, however, loves Nike Air Max. I got him a pair once, and that is the only brand he has worn since. He says they are the most comfortable shoe he has ever worn.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Apr 30th 2024 »
Sanzano Posted: 16:26 May03 2024 Post ID: 3460714
Sanzano
+
Nike Air Max, your Dad Warrior 13 must be from my generation. I was brought up on Nike Air Max and Nike Pegasus and if I had to get a pair of Nike trainers now they would be my choice.

steelersrock01, New Balance is a great choice, they are one of the few trainers that actually produce the majority of their shoes in-house unlike Nike and Adidas where they get put together in sweat houses in places like Vietnam.

Odell Beckham has just signed for Miami. I'm surprised the Dolphins have taken him on considering the scandal the guy is involved in with a young Justin Bieber on the dance floor. The video is pretty damning, Bieber wasn't tying Beckhams shoes that's for sure.

« Last edited by Sanzano on May 3rd 2024 »

Warrior13 Posted: 18:21 May03 2024 Post ID: 3460715
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I am okay with the Beckham signing. Can never have enough weapons for a QB. The more, the merrier.
steelersrock01 Posted: 23:20 May03 2024 Post ID: 3460716
steelersrock01
+
Yeah, OBJ obviously isn't the receiver he once was but he's still a solid set of hands.
Warrior13 Posted: 06:31 May04 2024 Post ID: 3460717
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Exactly how I see it. He should be a nice contrast to everything else Miami has going on offense. Plus, he will likely be one-on-one with Hill and Waddle also on the field, so he should put up some good numbers underneath the coverage.
Sanzano Posted: 06:51 May04 2024 Post ID: 3460718
Sanzano
+
Beckham was great when he was with the NY Giants, not sure if he is the same guy now. Miami has other recievers that warrant double coverage more than Beckham so he may be very effective against the single coverage he will probably see with the Dolphins.

I had to laugh at Kirk Cousins now suddenly being fit to start the season even though he is just recovering from a torn archilles. I guess the Falcons taking Penix has fired up Cousins who now has to constantly look over his shoulder.

Warrior13 Posted: 08:45 May04 2024 Post ID: 3460719
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Cousins released a video before the draft and he looked good, so I have no idea why the Falcons would waste a pick on Penix. If Cousins goes the full four years of his contract, Penix will be a 28 year old rookie.

I heard the owner got involved with the Penix Pick, which is usually a big no-no. You have to trust the people you put in the position to make the best decisions possible. Most of the Falcons personnel wanted Laiatu Latu, but the owner was resolute on drafting Penix. It was very similar to last year how the Panthers coaches wanted Stroud but the owner wanted Young. And we all know how that looks after year one.
Sanzano Posted: 14:26 May04 2024 Post ID: 3460720
Sanzano
+
Yeah, Stroud was definately the best player in last years draft, the funny thing he was always looked upon as the consolation pick for the Texans. The Carolina owner has to live with that mistake now, he went with the public opinion and not what his coaches were telling him. I must admit, just before the draft Stroud was portrayed as not being intelligent enough to play the position. All you heard was how he flunked some test badly and Young got the highest marks possible.

I have a feeling the same thing is going to happen in Atlanta, the team will end up being split between the two players and it will cause problems. If I remember correctly Latu had plenty of questions about his health so he could end up being a bust. I can see the Falcons having to do what Denver did with Wilson and eating the loss for the team to go forward with Penix after one or two seasons. Who knows, a desperate team with a Super Bowl shot who need a replacement for their injured quarterback may save the Falccons who can then get rid of Cousins and come up smelling of roses.

Warrior13 Posted: 14:46 May04 2024 Post ID: 3460721
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Latu passed his medicals, which is why he was the DE1 of the draft. He would have been the wiser choice at #8.

But even if Cousins only does three years of his contract, you are still left with a 27 year old rookie that has had two previous major knee injuries. You do not give a man $100+ million if you do not expect him to play at least two or three years.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on May 4th 2024 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:17 May04 2024 Post ID: 3460722
steelersrock01
+
The way the Cousins deal is structured with the guarantees, it's essentially a 2-year $100M deal and I think they can cut him for free after that second year. Even then, which is best case for Penix (besides Kirk getting hurt) you've got a 26 year old rookie with no experience and a questionable medical history.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on May 4th 2024 »
Warrior13 Posted: 21:39 May04 2024 Post ID: 3460723
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Exactly. And I doubt the Falcons will let Cousins go after two years, especially if does as most of us expect and get them to the playoffs each year. Plus, his final two years would be like 40 million a year salary, which will be a huge bargain come then. Unless Cousins gets hurt, it was a waste of a pick, of a 1st Round Pick, of a Top 10 1st Round Pick.

Maybe the Falcons will have the last laugh, but the odds seem slim on that one. They could have gotten a playmaker at #8, or at the very worst, they could have traded down and drafted Penix before the Raiders could.
steelersrock01 Posted: 10:52 May06 2024 Post ID: 3460724
steelersrock01
+
Either of you guys watch the Roast of Tom Brady last night? Was surprisingly funny.
Sanzano Posted: 16:36 May06 2024 Post ID: 3460725
Sanzano
+
I didn't see it steelers01, I'll try and find it on YouTube. I did read recently Giselle was having an afair with her Ju Jitsu teacher while Brady was away playing NFL games.

I wonder why the Falcons passed up on Latu if had a clean bill of health, someone somewhere knows something about taking Penix and his bad knees. I'm sure it will come to light in the forthcoming months. At the moment it doesn't make sense.

How can experts give out grades for a teams draft when a down hasn't been played. Wouldn't it make more sense after a year has been played?

Green Bays first round pick this year is apparently already a bust according to reports. It does make me laugh how they can figure that out now a couple of weeks after the draft.

« Last edited by Sanzano on May 6th 2024 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 17:56 May06 2024 Post ID: 3460726
steelersrock01
+
The grades are always really stupid yeah. It's just a combination of where the guy was mocked to and how big of a need he fits on the team that drafted him.
Warrior13 Posted: 20:49 May06 2024 Post ID: 3460727
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The grades are all subjective anyway. One site will rate them one way and another a different way. Most gave the Cardinals an A because of the amount of picks they had, but I did not like any of their picks after Marvin Harrison. I thought Miami had an okay draft, but one site said they had the worst. Does not really matter since, as Mike said, none of them have played yet.

That said, I read on Sports Illustrated that Washington by most experts drafted the most Top 50 Prospects. I believe it said all four of their Top 4 Picks were Top 50 Prospects. Not too shabby. Detroit did the same last year, and we all know how those Rookies fared.
Sanzano Posted: 16:16 May07 2024 Post ID: 3460728
Sanzano
+
If Washington had four top 50 picks and all four of them were not top 50 prospects I would be a bit concerned. I also read that Washington has the least number of players returning from the previous season than the whole of the NFL. Peters has literally cleaned house, this is exactly what Bobby Beatherd did way back in 1981 and the Redskins went on the following year to win a Super Bowl.

Everyone is raving about Pittsburgh, lets see what they can do. The Deshaun Watson to Cleveland trade has to be among the worst in NFL history. I bet the Texan fans are delighted they now have CJ Stround, not sure the Browns are as happy.

Displaying Page 463 of 466
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 461 | 462 | 463 | 464 | 465 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close