Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

UFC/MMA

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 22
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 20 | 21 | Last     Next
Zelda Fan Posted: 19:01 May21 2009 Post ID: 2626162
Zelda Fan
Post Likes: 4
+
So are there any MMA fans here on Super Cheats like me?

I was just wondering everyones thoughts on the sport, my opinion I love it, and I hope it becomes a Oymplic Sport in the near future.

So is there anyone here on Super Cheats perhaps take up MMA? there are so meany fighting styles out there today, me myself I take up boxing/kick boxing, Brazilian Jiu Jutsu, and a little bit of Moi Tai, I been working on my Moi Tai skills mostly now though, but I work on everything, my submissions, striking, you know, all that stuff you need to bring into a fight etc. My personal favorite though is Jiu Jutsu, I perfer it because its a strategy, you can perform it standing up and on the ground, but it is more effective and a lot easier to pull off a submission on the ground. Plus if you get rocked its always awsome to pull off a submission win lol.

So UFC 98 is comming up, in perdictions on the Light Heavy Weight Fight between Evans and Machida? Me I do not know who is going to win this one, they both use the same tactics, so its hard to choose between the two.

Who is your favorite MMA Fighter? Mine is Antonio Nogueira, the reason why I like him is because he is the kind of fighter who can take one heck of a beating and still come out with the victory. He is considered the best MMA Fighter today who has the best ground game. Not only that his stand up is good to, people always forget how good his stand up is because he is just so good on the ground.

« Last edited by Zelda Fan on May 21st 2009 »

gotta love brizilian jiu jutsu!!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 01:36 May22 2009 Post ID: 2626349
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I love watching MMA whenever it's on TV. My favourite fighter at the moment is Anderson Silva who I personally think is probably pound for pound the best in the game at the moment. I can see MMA becoming more popular than Boxing in the next 20 years because of the young fans who are coming through who got into grappling watching WWE.

Lurch5000 Posted: 05:29 May22 2009 Post ID: 2626373
Lurch5000
Post Likes: 0
+
when does Brock Lesnar fight Frank Mir?

Does anyone else think its pathetic the way Lesnar got a championship oppertunity after a minimal amount of fights??

Bout The Time I Set This Reccord Straight, All The Needle Nose Punchin' Is Makin Me Irate Sick Of My B!tch!n' Fallin' On Deaf Ears, Where You Gonna Be In The Next 5 Years?
Zelda Fan Posted: 15:18 May22 2009 Post ID: 2626573
Zelda Fan
+
On 22-May-2009 Sanzano said:I love watching MMA whenever it's on TV. My favourite fighter at the moment is Anderson Silva who I personally think is probably pound for pound the best in the game at the moment. I can see MMA becoming more popular than Boxing in the next 20 years because of the young fans who are coming through who got into grappling watching WWE.
Anderson Silvas lasts performances were not that good in my opinion, but I'll admit he is good. But my opinion is that if he feels that he cannot test himself in the middle weight divison, well theres a whole new divison just waiting for him, which is the light heavy weight. Theres talk that his next fight will be against Forrest Griffin. But theres also talk that if Georges St Pierre can beat tiago alves at UFC 100, then Anderson Silva will defend his middle weight title against Georges St Pierre, and in my opinoin, GSP is the best pound for pound fighter today.

« Last edited by Zelda Fan on May 22nd 2009 »

Zelda Fan Posted: 15:24 May22 2009 Post ID: 2626574
Zelda Fan
+
On 22-May-2009 Lurch5000 said:when does Brock Lesnar fight Frank Mir?

Does anyone else think its pathetic the way Lesnar got a championship oppertunity after a minimal amount of fights??
I believe its UFC 99, the reason why he got the title shot so quick was because he was already a big name, and he is a whrestling champion, and for someone who just got into MMA he is really not that bad, he rocked Mir in there last meeting, and he was just starting out, and I think he didn't do to bad, and at that he was facing one of the best MMA fighters today. In his last fight against Heath Herrin, that was a big win for Brock, again people were still doubting him because where he has so little experience in the sport, but he proved everyone wrong, so I believe he deserved a title shot.

Sanzano Posted: 03:24 May25 2009 Post ID: 2628262
Sanzano
+
Who would you rate as the top 3 MMA fighters ever in each division. I haven't seen that many fights but the two who I do remember as being good in their prime were Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock.

Zelda Fan Posted: 11:21 May25 2009 Post ID: 2628404
Zelda Fan
+
Heres what I think:

Light Weight

1.Kenny Florian
2.BJ Penn
3.Diego Sanchez

Welter Weight

1.Georges St Pierre
2.Thiago Alves
3.TJ Grant

Middle Weight

1.Anderson Silva
2.Nate Marquardt
3.Patrick Cote

Light Heavy Weight

1.Lyoto Machida
2.Quinton Jackson
3.Rashad Evans

Heavy Weight

1.Cheick Kongo
2.Frank Mir
3.Brock Lesnar

Ken Shamrock inst wasn't to bad, but he also wasn't all that great, he went on a real long losing streak, and then got suspended for useing drugs, and then came back and got suspended once again for drugs.

superbird5005 Posted: 11:54 May25 2009 Post ID: 2628415
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
Post Likes: 5
+
I try to watch from time to time. I'm starting to get into it. I'm definitely watching it when Bobby Lashley gets in the UFC. He has switched to MMA, and he is 3-0 with winning in alomst less than 30 seconds in tow out of the three or all three matches.
badass
Hatershateme is forever bae
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

Zelda Fan Posted: 16:28 May25 2009 Post ID: 2628575
Zelda Fan
+
Yeah I seen his last fight, it was good, I like to see him in the UFC, see how well he does there, you may have a diffrent opinion, but people say the UFC is the big league for MMA Fighters.

Sanzano Posted: 00:54 May26 2009 Post ID: 2628971
Sanzano
+
I personally think the UFC title is more prestigious amongst the fighters. Wasn't Quinton Jackson the man that beat Chuck Liddell twice? I notice Tito Ortiz isn't on your list, I remember him being lethal a few years back especially with his elbows.

Zelda Fan Posted: 13:56 May26 2009 Post ID: 2629233
Zelda Fan
+
Well considering the fact he only had one fight last year, and it was a loss, and his last 3 fights were 2 losses and a draw, his last win was back in 2006, thats why he is not on my list.

And yes Rampage Jackson beat Chuck Liddell twice, but that is not hard to do since he is no longer in his prime, and he is now retired.

« Last edited by Zelda Fan on May 26th 2009 »

superbird5005 Posted: 17:36 May26 2009 Post ID: 2629403
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
Post Likes: 5
+
UFC is the big league...everybody watches it. UFC will take over WWE sooner or later. I'm waiting for the wrestlers to switch from WWE when they get tired of McMahon's crap.
badass
Hatershateme is forever bae
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

Zelda Fan Posted: 23:10 May26 2009 Post ID: 2629672
Zelda Fan
+
But you cannot forget about Afflection, Fedor Emelianenko in my opinion is the greatest MMA Fighter today.

Sanzano Posted: 01:09 May27 2009 Post ID: 2629705
Sanzano
+
There won't be many Wrestlers like Brock Lesner who deflect to the UFC, WWE wrestlers are actors whose fights are staged and scripted and they get more money in the WWE than they would if they joined the UFC where their occupation would suddenly become a lot more dangerous.

Just saw a couple of fights of Fedor Emelianenko on YouTube and although he doesn't look much physically he's a tricky customer when he's on the floor.

king_jamie56 Posted: 04:24 May27 2009 Post ID: 2629721
king_jamie56
Not a Nightmare Penguin
Post Likes: 0
+
On 26-May-2009 superbird5005 said:UFC is the big league...everybody watches it. UFC will take over WWE sooner or later. I'm waiting for the wrestlers to switch from WWE when they get tired of McMahon's crap.
Also don't forget that the WWE isn't the only wrestling business in town. You have TNA, the indy leagues, Japan, Europe, Australia, and many other countries with wrestling companies within it.

So UFC won't overtake wrestling...

Brawl FC: 1891-2896-6944
Rich's first ever Super Smash Bros Brawl Wi-Fi Opponent
Zelda Fan Posted: 17:17 May27 2009 Post ID: 2630130
Zelda Fan
+
On 27-May-2009 Sanzano said:There won't be many Wrestlers like Brock Lesner who deflect to the UFC, WWE wrestlers are actors whose fights are staged and scripted and they get more money in the WWE than they would if they joined the UFC where their occupation would suddenly become a lot more dangerous.

Just saw a couple of fights of Fedor Emelianenko on YouTube and although he doesn't look much physically he's a tricky customer when he's on the floor.
He may not look it, but trust me he does have knock out power in both hands. If you want to see some good fights go on youtube and put in Fedor Emelianenko vs UFC Champions. Fedor is the kind of guy who would fight guys who are a total missmatch, but he still comes out with a win. Hes never been submitted or knocked out, he only has one loss due to a doctor stopage because of a cut.

If I decided to step back into the ring, I wouldn't go to the UFC, I would join Afflection.

« Last edited by Zelda Fan on May 27th 2009 »

Sanzano Posted: 03:44 May28 2009 Post ID: 2630499
Sanzano
+
I've seen a few Russians like Fedor Emelianenko in the Japanese K1 tournaments, guys like Remy Bonjasky, Semmy Schilt and Ernesto Hoost who don't look like much but are lethal. Have any of those guys ever done UFC/NMA?

Zelda Fan Posted: 16:17 May28 2009 Post ID: 2630799
Zelda Fan
+
Remy no, he is not into MMA, but Semmy is, and he ins't to bad either, and Ernesto is getting into MMA, he hasn't had a fight yet though.

Sanzano Posted: 04:37 May29 2009 Post ID: 2631458
Sanzano
+
How do you think those Russians will do in MMA? I remember a good fighter from New Zealand named 'Sugar' Ray Sefo who fought in K1 events, did he ever do MMA?

Zelda Fan Posted: 23:26 May29 2009 Post ID: 2632064
Zelda Fan
+
On 29-May-2009 Sanzano said:How do you think those Russians will do in MMA? I remember a good fighter from New Zealand named 'Sugar' Ray Sefo who fought in K1 events, did he ever do MMA?
Well it doesn't really matter what race you are, it really all depends on your training and how much you really want to win, and yes I know who your talking about, I seen him fight before, I believe hes only been in the ring once, and won by KO due to a head kick.

« Last edited by Zelda Fan on May 29th 2009 »

Displaying Page 1 of 22
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 20 | 21 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close