Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Old members of SC.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 44 of 46
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | Last     Previous | Next
InvertAlpha Posted: 14:14 Feb23 2022 Post ID: 3457200
InvertAlpha
Coyote of the Void
Post Likes: 6
+
I remember there was a way to bypass the filter. I don't actually remember how though.

As for photobucket, I recently had to download all my photos I saved there so it would stop spamming my email all the time.
Enter the Shattered Realm - At your own discretion.

Shoutout to the year I only used liking FS/N to have an excuse to make signatures
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
darkboarder_77 Posted: 00:18 Feb26 2022 Post ID: 3457211
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
Whoa. I remember you. You were there when I still was. F*cking hell.

Hello there. Sorry for my bullsh*t back then.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Zelda Fan Posted: 19:45 Mar01 2022 Post ID: 3457232
Zelda Fan
Post Likes: 4
+
Hello, how?s it going?

gotta love brizilian jiu jutsu!!
steelersrock01 Posted: 12:51 Mar02 2022 Post ID: 3457238
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Whoa, I remember you from waaaaaaaaaay back. Hope life is going well man.
darkboarder_77 Posted: 22:09 Mar02 2022 Post ID: 3457249
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
Zelda Fan said:Hello, how?s it going?

All the old f*cks are crawling from the woodwork in the last 45 days, it seems.

Hello there. (Again? Did I already welcome you? Welcome again.)
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

kazualsk8r Posted: 14:45 Apr25 2022 Post ID: 3457757
kazualsk8r
aka Oatmeal
Post Likes: 3
+
Glad everybody's good, I guess
Rip Betty white
darkboarder_77 Posted: 23:57 May12 2022 Post ID: 3457914
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
kazualsk8r said:Glad everybody's good, I guess

I still have a pulse... I think. Haven't seen a doctor in 25 years to be certain.

InvertAlpha Posted: 13:00 May24 2022 Post ID: 3457984
InvertAlpha
Coyote of the Void
+
darkboarder_77 said:Eh. It's just how I talk. I'm more used to comment sections than forums at this point; it's weird compressing myself back down into something forum-compliant. Not like I'll be around much anyway.

Honestly I only show up on June 14th to post in that one year topic dave made a decade and a half ago.

Why? because it's fun to see the different places I was in life. Like a memento.

darkboarder_77 said:Whoa. I remember you. You were there when I still was. F*cking hell.

For your BS? Haha, no worries, I'm pretty sure I annoyed half the site with my 14 year old mindset. I remember (almost) everyone having some beef with me in one way or another. People like King of Hell calling me out all the time. Looking back at that (seeing as ANOTHER 14 YEARS HAVE PASSED SINCE THEN), he had a very valid reason.

« Last edited by InvertAlpha on May 24th 2022 »

Shoutout to the year I only used liking FS/N to have an excuse to make signatures
darkboarder_77 Posted: 04:33 May25 2022 Post ID: 3458000
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
InvertAlpha said:
darkboarder_77 said:Eh. It's just how I talk. I'm more used to comment sections than forums at this point; it's weird compressing myself back down into something forum-compliant. Not like I'll be around much anyway.

Honestly I only show up on June 14th to post in that one year topic dave made a decade and a half ago.

Why? because it's fun to see the different places I was in life. Like a memento.

darkboarder_77 said:Whoa. I remember you. You were there when I still was. F*cking hell.

For your BS? Haha, no worries, I'm pretty sure I annoyed half the site with my 14 year old mindset. I remember (almost) everyone having some beef with me in one way or another. People like King of Hell calling me out all the time. Looking back at that (seeing as ANOTHER 14 YEARS HAVE PASSED SINCE THEN), he had a very valid reason.

I never had beef with you... I don't think? All my issues were focused on jealousy of Crossy and Aeshma, or enmity of Shiny_Zapdos and some others. I don't recall you being on my sh*t list.

But, I do remember you fondly. Welcome back and hello once again.

spyro madgirl Posted: 16:51 May26 2022 Post ID: 3458020
spyro madgirl
+
Hi Super Cheats.

This is not the first time I have come back here to look at old posts, but it's the first time I have ever seen an 'active' thread for old members, so I have to post in it, right?

My debut on these forums was spamming the FF&RP board in the mid-2000s because I was an idiot 12 year old who didn't know how to use it. Then I got worried because you were supposed to be 13 to post on the forums and I thought I was going to get banned. Eventually I figured out how to behave and I think I got a bit of a name for myself on the G&A board making Pok�mon trainer cards for people.

Seeing the trail of stuff I have left behind on the internet honestly gets more interesting every year that goes by. I can't describe that feeling of seeing people's names in this thread that I used to speak to back then.

It feels good to be writing this. I hope adulthood isn't treating everybody too badly. Smile
~ ... Ooh la la ... ~
InvertAlpha Posted: 21:18 May26 2022 Post ID: 3458024
InvertAlpha
Coyote of the Void
+
Perhaps you left before I kept sticking my nose into business where it doesn't belong. It also didn't help that after a different account of mine got hacked in August 2008 did I eventually find the two threads in Mod Squad after joining back on the staff to really see what people said about me.

I mellowed out after returning but slowly the forums fell into inactivity and I moved onto reddit.

dark_wolf_33 Posted: 00:33 May27 2022 Post ID: 3458025
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
Post Likes: 7
+
I miss this place a lot.

There really was nothing like the old internet, especially for young people at the time.

FF/RP inspired my creativity, and desire to write. Made a lot of my first good friends there. Starting with GIMP led to my Photoshop skills I use almost daily - thanks, G&A. I still use v-gamer's (I think it was his, at least) high pass at 1.0 and set-to-overlay trick to sharpen, to this day. I'm sad Tinypic folded and most of our pieces were lost.

There was a time that I looked forward to the new Supercheats Times more than any newspaper or magazine.

Being a moderator here was my first taste of responsibility, and probably my first big mark of personal pride.

I remember being an early middle schooler around 05-06 and coming to the forums after I looked up whatever bogus Pokemon cheats (like the Mew truck) people posted here. I was a kid, and was nervous about being sociable with all these cool gamers on the internet. Seems laughable in today's climate. Out of all the forums that were up at the time, this was the only one I was exposed to, and the one I joined, and the one I ended up spending more time on than any other.

I know it can never come back, but I wish it would have lasted a little longer.
The world changed so fast, and the reality of today barely resembles what we all had back then, even though it really hasn't been that long in the grand scheme of things.

I tried going into the official Discord, but it's not very active. Would be cool if there was an in-group Discord for users who were here in the Golden Age, but I know that's not likely, either. Everyone's so far apart by now.

I genuinely hope everyone who made this place home is doing as well as they possibly can be, and more.
steelersrock01 Posted: 10:19 May28 2022 Post ID: 3458032
steelersrock01
+
That's exactly how I feel about this place man. I'm glad I grew up in this age and not with how it is now. Things are so different now, so consolidated. How many active, thriving forums like this were there back in the day with communities like this? Tens, hundreds of thousands? Now everyone is congregated around 5 or 6 mega sites. Internet's changed, world's changed, and it ain't ever going back to how it was but we can be glad we got to experience a bit of it.

Hope you're doing great as well. Amazing to think a lot of people I talked to as a kid 10-15 years ago are now starting to hit 30.
Youkou Posted: 02:43 Jun04 2022 Post ID: 3458113
Youkou
C:\Program Files
Post Likes: 1
+

Curious to know what most of you ended up as, like what jobs, married, kids etc.
Sanzano Posted: 11:18 Jun04 2022 Post ID: 3458114
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Hi Youkou, I'm still working on SuperCheats five days a week. Married with one thirteen-year-old son.

Hope you are well, what are you up to these days?

steelersrock01 Posted: 17:19 Jun04 2022 Post ID: 3458123
steelersrock01
+
I work in IT. Not married, no kids, but I'm still young. Had a serious girlfriend in college but our lives were going in totally separate places so I've been flying solo for a while. I just started a new job last month so I'm still getting settled, but things are going well all things considered.
darkboarder_77 Posted: 13:45 Jun09 2022 Post ID: 3458188
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
I'm pushing toward a career in digital art. I'm 30 and hugely delayed in making this work due to things like... mm... roommates pointing guns at me, homelessness, friends trustf*cking me, the old uzh.

I'm happily married in a nice home with a job as an auditor paying around $40/h. I don't like this job. Keeps the lights on but a terrible waste of my skills. I want to digitally draw and animate for a living. (Yeah, I'm even looking at R34.)

Everything's going good now. Wife's moving up the career ladder in the medical field, and once she's making enough to hold all the bills together, I can go full-time on my own career path (possibly with some college in there) and try to pull it all together.

Meanwhile, we've saved two people from death/suicide/prison time by taking them into our home and giving them a safe place to flourish. I never want any (decent) person to go through what I went through five years ago -- the starvation, the guns, the 110-hour workweeks, tuberculoid symptoms and so on.

I'm not a completely evil sh*t.

« Last edited by darkboarder_77 on Jun 9th 2022 »

Sanzano Posted: 15:29 Jun09 2022 Post ID: 3458193
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Sounds like you were having it hard Darkboarder77 and have managed to turn things around. Good for you.

How did you end up almost homeless, that sounds terrible. Were there no family or relatives that could have helped you out back then?

steelersrock01 Posted: 18:07 Jun09 2022 Post ID: 3458201
steelersrock01
+
Jesus man. I hope the art career works out for you - it sucks being trapped in a job that you still need but hate. I'm lucky in this new role, I'm doing really well and by all accounts on a fast track towards promotion/raises. Feels good to be in a real career type role that I enjoy for the first time in my life.
darkboarder_77 Posted: 16:46 Jun10 2022 Post ID: 3458215
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
Sanzano said:Sounds like you were having it hard Darkboarder77 and have managed to turn things around. Good for you.

How did you end up almost homeless, that sounds terrible. Were there no family or relatives that could have helped you out back then?

No family to help me out. I was on my own.

Long and short, it was summer 2017. Our lease had just renewed. My roommates got married and decided they now owned the house and my life with it. They started demanding that I pay for all their bills under threat of legal action, gang violence and ultimately death, which was routinely affirmed at the doorstep when I'd come home some nights to a gun pointed at me. It was idiotic. They were legally registered to their own bills, yet as a 25-26 year old, I didn't know I was legally safe, and they knew it, so they took advantage of that.

I worked 110-hour workweeks as a writer of SEO advertisements and product descriptions for various websites and did merchandising on the side, paying their bills while starving because I could barely make my own. I lost a lot of weight, starting coughing blood and getting really sick from lack of sleep or food. I was literally dying. My then-girlfriend? She said, "You should've been more responsible with your money," and, "Not my f*cking problem you can't afford sh*t tickets." She then ran off and cheated on me with about four different dudes. Yup. Nice. Rip my heart out and eat it beating.

Close friend was trusted to hold my valuable belongings during this whole episode because I feared my roommates would steal them while I was out and pawn them off. That friend wound up stealing what I entrusted him to protect. Said sh*t like, "God hates you, and that's why you're dealing with this," and, "God wants you to suffer, so you can f*cking deal with your own problems." I wasn't "Christian enough" to deserve a friend who wouldn't f*ck me over supposedly. But, you know, he fed me a f*cking soggy PB&J every now and then out of his mom's fridge, so f*ck it, right? I was supposed to be fine with that.

Then, my best friend, who stuck up for me against my roommates, died suddenly in the middle of all this. February 6, 2018 -- Eric Brian Hawkins, died in his apartment in Harrisonburg, VA. Google the obituary if you want. There was a killer flu going around at the time with a supposed 50 percent mortality rate but low contagiousness. Welp, he got it, and it got him. Apparently. That's our best guess. That's what I get for making friends with folks twice my age. I was in Dale City doing vendor work for Toys "R" Us under CAST (Creative Agency Services Team, now out of business) when I found out. I drove 150 minutes home after work while sobbing. I contemplated hitting oncoming traffic at 80 mph and ending my problems there.

Seriously, I can not describe the physical and emotional agony of this whole situation.

I was technically homeless because I couldn't sleep in my home, eat in my home, use the toilet in my home, f*ck my girlfriend in my home -- nothing was safe. Everything had to be in my car, in a friend's car or home, or on the street. I'd go to Walmart in the middle of the night to **** in their bathrooms because I felt unsafe to do so in my own home. I'd fall asleep with my best friend's handgun in my hands and the safety off, which I had pointed at my bedroom door while my roommate screamed downstairs about killing his wife's cats, killing the "f*gg*t millennial who doesn't want to pay his bills" (me), et al.

Nightly. Screaming. Violence. Throwing furniture. How can you threaten to kill sweet little cats that did nothing to you? What the f*ck? And the wife -- yeah, she didn't care. Right c*nt she was.

This **** went on for just about the entire duration of the renewed lease, so... I'd say... 9-12 months give or take. I started to eat more around the nine-month mark thanks to one awesome friend who did stick by me.

I don't know if anyone else knows what it's like when you feel ready to actually kill someone, but... I felt it. Literally no words for it. Fortunately, I didn't have to. COVID did that to him four years later. I want to say that I hope he burns in hell, but... I don't want that hatred. Wherever he is, I hope he understands that he f*cked up. I'm making peace with it all. I'm happy and safe now, and I gained about 100 lbs. back, which put me at a reasonably healthy weight. All's good.

One last thing...

Your trauma is real, your trauma is valid, and please don't give up. Gotta make peace with what happened to you. You'll never be happy otherwise.

Displaying Page 44 of 46
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close