Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

2012 is a miscalculation

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
TheLlama Posted: 07:04 Oct18 2010 Post ID: 2916773
TheLlama
Post Likes: 0
+
GoldenPili said:The only doomsday warning I believe in is the sun exploding in 100million years, cause I'll be dead and gone by then, so nobody can prove me wrong.

Sounds like a challenge!

« Last edited by TheLlama on Oct 18th 2010 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
dx_hbk Posted: 08:41 Oct18 2010 Post ID: 2916774
dx_hbk
Skeptic
Post Likes: 6
+
hatershateme said:Well, I faintly remember hearing about this. About 2 years ago, the History Channel has a special, and it gave the Prediction of the world ending. 2012 wasn't it, then I heard 2020, is what I heard. The world will end by a Meteor. Maybe it changed courses...

Would you happen to be talking about Apophis the astroid ? it is on a colsion corse with the earth in 2037 but astronomers determainted that there is a very little chance of it passing the gravitational keyhole so there is very small chances of it hitting us =o. Apophis did stir up some attension few year ago but now no one really conciders it as a threat.

GoldenPili said:
The only doomsday warning I believe in is the sun exploding in 100million years, cause I'll be dead and gone by then, so nobody can prove me wrong.

You mean in 4.5 Billion years right *insertlolfacehere*

^ That guy is GOD

"Lost somewhere between immensity and eternity is our tiny planetary home." ~ Carl Sagan

g33k Posted: 11:50 Oct18 2010 Post ID: 2916794
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
GoldenPili said:
The only doomsday warning I believe in is the sun exploding in 100million years, cause I'll be dead and gone by then, so nobody can prove me wrong.

You mean in 4.5 Billion years right *insertlolfacehere* [/quote]

4.5 Billion, we won't be on Earth by then Abby, we will be living with little green men in another galaxy or something.
Are you ready to meet GOD?

Thanks for the Avy goes to Tank! Sig by me.
Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Clicking this is bad for your brains.
CRAZY CHEATS Posted: 11:57 Oct18 2010 Post ID: 2916796
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
Post Likes: 1
+
4.5 billion years from now, we'll be long gone, cause an asteroid will have wiped off all/most of the life from the face of the earth.
Now known as
Repner Posted: 12:02 Oct18 2010 Post ID: 2916797
Repner
+
In 4.5 billion years, I will have found the cure for mortality, and conquered the universe

« Last edited by Repner on Oct 18th 2010 »
Cataclysm Posted: 12:07 Oct18 2010 Post ID: 2916799
Cataclysm
Post Likes: 2
+
Then you will discover how to create life and form a tiny universe within which you will leave a book for all to praise you with. They will live their lives following your teachings, stop believing, and then, when the universe you created has forgotten you, you will say "F it" and destroy the world you set your believers on. The year in that world, will be 2012.

Woah.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

Vasco Posted: 12:13 Oct18 2010 Post ID: 2916804
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
The article doesn't make any sense. It's basically saying the calendar doesn't end - but a cycle does - and there are bigger cycles, which is true (like we have months and years). It then says the calendar can actually count 64 million years, and that it ends in 2200. So, the calendar was created 64 million years ago?

wat

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
_amo_ Posted: 15:32 Oct18 2010 Post ID: 2916881
_amo_
+
Vasco said:The article doesn't make any sense. It's basically saying the calendar doesn't end - but a cycle does - and there are bigger cycles, which is true (like we have months and years). It then says the calendar can actually count 64 million years, and that it ends in 2200. So, the calendar was created 64 million years ago?

wat

Wait, that's about when the dinosaurs died. This can only mean that the Mayans were dinosaurs and, seeing their calendar was about to end, wrote an identical calendar to warn us of the return of the meteor that killed them (Nibiru, this time or however it's spelled). Don't say this doesn't make sense; what else could Quetzolquatl be but a dinosaur?
Xeta Posted: 18:21 Oct18 2010 Post ID: 2916988
Xeta
Beneta
Post Likes: 79
+
Vasco said:The article doesn't make any sense. It's basically saying the calendar doesn't end - but a cycle does - and there are bigger cycles, which is true (like we have months and years). It then says the calendar can actually count 64 million years, and that it ends in 2200. So, the calendar was created 64 million years ago?

wat

The article uses facts like a fish uses a bicycle.
ozzo said:xeta actually makes a lot of sense most of the time

if everyone agreed with him more often we wouldnt have this problem
Green_Fire Posted: 18:34 Oct18 2010 Post ID: 2916989
Green_Fire
+
My theory on the Apocalypse:

Everything said up to this point by scientists and "psychics" and your mother shall be disregarded as I now have understood this issue. The world's end will come about once Mitch Lucker of Suicide Silence must retire due to laryngitis ruining his ability to scream and growl and talk crap about how great your mother was last night. Justin Bieber will have been kicked in the stomach by a mule with rabies, which will cause his nuts to drop. He will then be the perfect candidate to refill Mitch Lucker's position as lead vocalist of Suicide Silence. During their first concert as Justicide, Justin will be knocked unconscious by a 350lb crowd surfer that has toe jam and then Justin will fall backwards and land on their guitar player. All of the strings on the guitar will break and cause ear-splitting feedback to be amplified through the microphone dropped by Justin which happened to roll over in front of the amplifier. This screech will cause the earth to split into halves multiple times until every person in the world owns their own land chunk and floats away into space for forever.

Signature by me
The Zard Posted: 03:59 Oct19 2010 Post ID: 2917162
The Zard
SC's Resident Douchebag
+
The post above me fails beyond comprehension and is the worst attempt at humour I've ever seen, and I saw Kramer doing stand-up live.

On-topic: No one really knows how or when the world will end, but people are stupid enough to believe the most ridiculous of stories. Any "scientist" can make up a logic for doomsday and people will follow him/her like sheep.

This signature is brought to you by The Zard.
Your resident douchebag since 2006
balthiersbit Posted: 05:25 Oct19 2010 Post ID: 2917170
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
Okay I will explain to you the Mayan calender as explained to me by an ACTUAL MAYAN person.

The world will not end in 2012.
Every 52 years on the Mayan calander, their CALANDER ends then starts again. Which translates to the world ending and starting anew.
The Mayans celebrated death more than light and when sacrifices of life was made to the Gods or God or whatever, people were happy to do it. Thing is that US of A caught wind of this ritual that has been happening for the last 52 years going back to the dawn of time (for the Mayans atleast) and decided to scare the living crap out of us by making yet another feel good movie.

Well done Hollywood for taking something so normal as their version of new years day and making it into the end of the world for everyone.

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

Camewel Posted: 05:32 Oct19 2010 Post ID: 2917172
Camewel
Dual Youtuber
+
2012 is the Mayan Millenium.

[sarcasm]They may have planned it to coincide with something, or maybe they just count differently to us. Who knows?[/sarcasm]
Click meh plz

Sig by AustinAnymous

Join
Bugsy's team, it could do with a few more members...
Camewel Posted: 05:35 Oct19 2010 Post ID: 2917174
Camewel
Dual Youtuber
+
GoldenPili said:
The Zard said:2012 was always a miscalculation.

You're face was a miscalculation. Seriously, that plastic surgeon made you look like a Picasso. Jokes. Ily.

Your grammar was a miscalculation. Ah.

And I think you mean 5 billion years.
(About 4.7 really, but who's counting?)
Click meh plz

Sig by AustinAnymous

Join
Bugsy's team, it could do with a few more members...
balthiersbit Posted: 06:11 Oct19 2010 Post ID: 2917197
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
[quoteby=Camewel]2012 is the Mayan Millenium.

[sarcasm]They may have planned it to coincide with something, or maybe they just count differently to us. Who knows?[/sarcasm][/quote]

Ive already said its the end of their calender. Speak to the hand

XD

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

Volke Posted: 11:08 Oct19 2010 Post ID: 2917256
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
I'd like to thank half the people who have posted in this thread, for providing more humour in this one topic than I've seen on the site for some time.

That is, until I read Green_Fire's post. However, due to him being so absolutely awful at attempting humour that everyone else's posts seemed even funnier by comparison. I tip my hat to you, or I would if I ever wore hats with tips.

To stick with the topic, the world will not end in 2012. Anyone who believes so is an idiot.
Repner Posted: 12:56 Oct19 2010 Post ID: 2917276
Repner
+
balthiersbit said:Okay I will explain to you the Mayan calender as explained to me by an ACTUAL MAYAN person.

The world will not end in 2012.
Every 52 years on the Mayan calander, their CALANDER ends then starts again. Which translates to the world ending and starting anew.
The Mayans celebrated death more than light and when sacrifices of life was made to the Gods or God or whatever, people were happy to do it. Thing is that US of A caught wind of this ritual that has been happening for the last 52 years going back to the dawn of time (for the Mayans atleast) and decided to scare the living crap out of us by making yet another feel good movie.

Well done Hollywood for taking something so normal as their version of new years day and making it into the end of the world for everyone.

I'm sure I heard people talk about 2012 years before any movie was made.
Town Idiot25 Posted: 14:56 Oct19 2010 Post ID: 2917307
Town Idiot25
DANG IT BOBBEH!
+
I will seriously be p'd off if the world does end in 2012

A Quote
Within a Quote?

POSTCEPTION
Green_Fire Posted: 15:57 Oct19 2010 Post ID: 2917323
Green_Fire
+
Ha. I wasn't trying seriously to be funny. I was just incomprehensibly bored, so I just wrote stuff until my mind went blank. Oh wells.

On topic though, I don't think anyone knows when the world is actually going to end. It's all rumors to get people to mess their pants and make movies about it.
For the ones that are gullible enough to believe, of course.

Signature by me
_amo_ Posted: 18:51 Oct19 2010 Post ID: 2917368
_amo_
+
Green_Fire said:My theory on the Apocalypse:

Everything said up to this point by scientists and "psychics" and your mother shall be disregarded as I now have understood this issue. The world's end will come about once Mitch Lucker of Suicide Silence must retire due to laryngitis ruining his ability to scream and growl and talk crap about how great your mother was last night. Justin Bieber will have been kicked in the stomach by a mule with rabies, which will cause his nuts to drop. He will then be the perfect candidate to refill Mitch Lucker's position as lead vocalist of Suicide Silence. During their first concert as Justicide, Justin will be knocked unconscious by a 350lb crowd surfer that has toe jam and then Justin will fall backwards and land on their guitar player. All of the strings on the guitar will break and cause ear-splitting feedback to be amplified through the microphone dropped by Justin which happened to roll over in front of the amplifier. This screech will cause the earth to split into halves multiple times until every person in the world owns their own land chunk and floats away into space for forever.

Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close