Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Whats Christmas again?0_o

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
skymin Posted: 16:08 Dec01 2011 Post ID: 3081195
skymin
Call me Shay.
Post Likes: 0
+
Axionas said:
Forgoten_Scars said:We haz 2 b politicully currct.

^
Axionas said:It'd be nice to see them do too but since everyone has different religions they have to say Holiday. So not to offend anyone who celebrates differently during the same month....if that sounds correct

Again, ^
Xeta said:Right, let's just say **** off to all Muslims, Jews, Atheists, Hindus, Buddhists, and every other non-Christian religion.

I'm Agnostic and do not appreciate that. I celebrate Christmas anyways though, so whatever.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Xeta Posted: 19:48 Dec01 2011 Post ID: 3081230
Xeta
Beneta
Post Likes: 79
+
pwnthemonkeys said:
Xeta said:Right, let's just say **** off to all Muslims, Jews, Atheists, Hindus, Buddhists, and every other non-Christian religion.

Out of context, that might be the most offensive and ignorant thing I've read on this forum. In context it's still a pretty ignorant thing to say, because you're implying that Christmas is a Christian/Catholic holiday when it originally was a Pagan holiday in order to celebrate the winter solstice.

If anything the only people that should care are the ones who are Pagans for having their holiday become some other religions holiday and then have the holiday no longer be about religion and just be a capitalistic holiday.

Is this a message to me or to the OP?
ozzo said:xeta actually makes a lot of sense most of the time

if everyone agreed with him more often we wouldnt have this problem
pwnthemonkeys Posted: 19:49 Dec01 2011 Post ID: 3081231
pwnthemonkeys
Village idiot
Post Likes: 5
+
The second part is to both the first is to you and the other two who quoted you.
There was a sig here, it's gone now.
Ju Ju Man Posted: 21:46 Dec01 2011 Post ID: 3081252
Ju Ju Man
Post Likes: 3
+
Volke said:
Ju Ju Man said:I'm atheist(sort of) and I celebate Christmas, I've got a Jewish friend who also celebrates Christmas (and Hannukah). I don't have a lot of experience with other religions, but I have a feeling that they're not saying Happy Holidays in Iran or Germany or Asia.
I think people should just say Merry Christmas, I mean, it's obvious that's what Happy Holidays means, you don't see Wal-Mart selling menorahs. If you wanna say Merry Christmas, go ahead, if you wanna say Happy Quanza, go ahead. I just think they should say what they mean, be it Christmas, Quanza, Hannukah or Explosion Day.
Honestly, do people have anything better to do than gripe? Who the hell cares anyway?

Have you ever been to Germany? In fact, do you even know anything about it other than ZOMGDEYWUZDABADGUYSINWW2?

Germany is a Christian nation, and are widely renowned for their famous Christmas markets (more commonly called Winter markets, I think). So, I'm sure they're saying both "Merry Christmas" and "Happy Holidays".

Germany is pretty awesome.

I was not aware it was a Christian nation, I was just trying to make a point. The point being, most countries don't care who offends who. I don't give a **** what people say, but I hate how everyone gets offended over everything. The government needs to figure out that it's impossible to make everybody happy and just work on bigger problems than the politicly correct name for everything. I'm not very well traveled, but I'm under the impression that America has the most whine-prone population. Or at least, that American government puts the most emphasis on P.C. Who gives a damn? Does it really matter how we wish each other happiness? Does it really matter what we should call Indians? People who get offended over stuff like that just make me angry.
Want to help a brother out? Click Here and hit "Start Generating"!

"Argh! He's not gonna get away with this!"
Craizen Posted: 22:15 Dec01 2011 Post ID: 3081257
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
I really don't respond to either nor say either, Jehovah's Witness don't participate in majory holidy due to the dispuatable origins. Christmans included, which shouldn't even be considered a "christian holiday" but thats another debate :3. I kinda hate when Christmas rares up anyways, mainly because I have to listen to adverstisements for two dang months.

« Last edited by Craizen on Dec 1st 2011 »
Xeta Posted: 22:21 Dec01 2011 Post ID: 3081258
Xeta
Beneta
Post Likes: 79
+
pwnthemonkeys said:The second part is to both the first is to you and the other two who quoted you.

I'm quite certain that we are all conveying our outrage at the religious intolerance in the original post of this topic by means of sarcasm.

« Last edited by Xeta on Dec 1st 2011 »
ozzo said:xeta actually makes a lot of sense most of the time

if everyone agreed with him more often we wouldnt have this problem
pwnthemonkeys Posted: 00:35 Dec02 2011 Post ID: 3081266
pwnthemonkeys
Village idiot
Post Likes: 5
+
Sarcasm is one of the many things that you can't read unless someone points it out.

After re-reading it a couple of times, it seems that I must of misinterpreted it as something else.

« Last edited by pwnthemonkeys on Dec 2nd 2011 »
There was a sig here, it's gone now.
fatassmonkey Posted: 06:59 Dec02 2011 Post ID: 3081280
fatassmonkey
Some kind of monkey
Post Likes: 116
+

Warrior13 Posted: 08:02 Dec02 2011 Post ID: 3081283
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
fatassmonkey said:

Too funny! XD
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 11:04 Dec02 2011 Post ID: 3081294
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
Funny, sad, and true at the same time.

People are going to say what they want to. People are going to try to censor what they want to out of fear and malice. The only solution to the Holiday/Christmas problem is to say what you want to, and not give a damn about what the rest of the population does.
Cervantes De Leon Posted: 17:47 Dec02 2011 Post ID: 3081355
Cervantes De Leon
+
fatassmonkey said:

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.

Can't say I care what the public's going to call it. I've always known it as Christmas time, I'll always refer to it as Chrismtas.

Imagine if they had to change song lyrics for this.
"Holiday time! Don't let the bells end!"
"Last holiday, I gave you my heart."
"And the bells are ringing out, for holiday day."
"So here it is! Merry holidays! Everyoby's having fun!"

By ozzo

Mission debriefing: Now available
TestVirus101 Posted: 18:03 Dec02 2011 Post ID: 3081356
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
Cervantes De Leon said:
fatassmonkey said:

Can't say I care what the public's going to call it. I've always known it as Christmas time, I'll always refer to it as Chrismtas.

Poor example. Of course taking a song and changing the lyrics can make it horrible.
Ju Ju Man Posted: 20:21 Dec02 2011 Post ID: 3081380
Ju Ju Man
+
Cervantes De Leon said:Can't say I care what the public's going to call it. I've always known it as Christmas time, I'll always refer to it as Chrismtas.

Agreed.

balthiersbit Posted: 03:31 Dec03 2011 Post ID: 3081413
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
Urgh when it comes to stuff like this it makes me want to move to France where their attitude is if you dont like our traditions/customs bog off back to your own country.

Like I was told when I moved to a different country, you're not in England anymore, get used to it.

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

Cervantes De Leon Posted: 10:49 Dec03 2011 Post ID: 3081452
Cervantes De Leon
+
TestVirus101 said:
Cervantes De Leon said:
fatassmonkey said:

Poor example. Of course taking a song and changing the lyrics can make it horrible.

If they're seeing the term 'Christmas' as offensive to other religions, it does present the possibility of censorship as they would for cursing. Hell, the third example - Fairytale in New York - actually got some controversey a few years ago from the UK when the radio decided to the word "******" was nowadays too offensive and censored it in the song.

EDIT: Huh, the irony that kinda proves a point. I'm sure the word "F@ggot" (swap @ for a) didn't have quite the same meaning back when the song was made.

« Last edited by Cervantes De Leon on Dec 3rd 2011 »

By ozzo

Mission debriefing: Now available
TestVirus101 Posted: 18:09 Dec03 2011 Post ID: 3081527
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
Cervantes De Leon said:
TestVirus101 said:
Cervantes De Leon said:
fatassmonkey said:

If they're seeing the term 'Christmas' as offensive to other religions, it does present the possibility of censorship as they would for cursing. Hell, the third example - Fairytale in New York - actually got some controversey a few years ago from the UK when the radio decided to the word "******" was nowadays too offensive and censored it in the song.

EDIT: Huh, the irony that kinda proves a point. I'm sure the word "F@ggot" (swap @ for a) didn't have quite the same meaning back when the song was made.

But in that case they would create NEW songs which fit with the term "Happy Holidays" rather than do what you suggested.
fatassmonkey Posted: 18:19 Dec03 2011 Post ID: 3081529
fatassmonkey
Some kind of monkey
Post Likes: 116
+
so "I wish you a merry christmas" would be "I wish you a merry holiday"?

« Last edited by fatassmonkey on Dec 3rd 2011 »
Ju Ju Man Posted: 22:38 Dec03 2011 Post ID: 3081547
Ju Ju Man
+
I guess. "We wish you a merry holiday, we wish you a merry holiday, and a happy new year!" .....It's not a catchy tune anymore......
It's odd. As stated before, Christmas wasn't even originaly a Christian holiday, in fact, it's celebration was outlawed by the Christian church. Weird, that its become such a religious battle.

geezerguy Posted: 11:23 Dec04 2011 Post ID: 3081607
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 43
+
This is always such a big deal, but I never notice anything/anyone saying happy holidays.

I work for a large supermarket chain, the third largest in the UK, and they're playing Christmas songs all day. Songs that sing about CHRISTMAS. Surely if it was such a big deal, a company as big as the one I work for would take into account their customers who do not celebrate Christmas.

I think it's just a small amount of stupid people who complain about this, and then it gets blown out of proportion and everyone thinks it's a big deal.
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
lonesome.sparrow Posted: 11:48 Dec05 2011 Post ID: 3081752
lonesome.sparrow
+
Christmas, to me, is actually the time where families should spend some time together longer than before with their children, or with their friends, anyone. Its all about the love babeh <3 Although originally, yeah, it was a pagan celebration at first.
Hm.
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close