Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 7 of 465
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | 463 | 464 | Last     Previous | Next
TestVirus101 Posted: 05:19 Sep30 2016 Post ID: 3423646
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
Sanzano said:You're obviously a Minnesota fan, how do you feel about that 1998 Minnesota Vikings team that was a Gary Anderson kick away from the Super Bowl. That Minnesota team was superb, they were putting points up every game and went 15-1. It was bad enough losing four Super Bowls during the 70' but that season must of been heartbreaking for a Minnesota Vikings fan as they were easily the best team in the league.

I'm both too young (was born in '91) and Australian to have been following at the time. I started following the NFL in 2009 when I bought a copy of Madden 10 Smile

« Last edited by TestVirus101 on Sep 30th 2016 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 07:46 Sep30 2016 Post ID: 3423648
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
An Australian American Football fan, you must be a bit of an oddity over in OZ. Do you also follow the Australian Rules football and Rugby? I got into NFL football in 1982 when Channel 4 started broadcasting it in the UK. Probably why I'm a Redskins fan as it was the year they won Super Bowl XVII behind the running of John Riggins who trampled the Dolphins for 166 yards. His fourth quarter 43 yard is legendary.

Matt77 Posted: 08:02 Sep30 2016 Post ID: 3423650
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I know the questions weren't aimed towards me, but I also happen to be an Australian who follows American Football. I follow the AFL (Australian Football) and NRL (Rugby) too, much more than the NFL. The team I follow in AFL has been pretty successful in recent times but sadly lost in the preliminary final (match before the grand final (final match)), and it hurt. I don't really follow a team in NRL but still watch it and have my favourites and hates. NFL I only started following this time last year and I follow Miami as you should know. I don't get to see any games though because they're broadcasted at 12-4am my time or just as school is beginning.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 17:13 Sep30 2016 Post ID: 3423664
Sanzano
+
Two Aussie NFL fans, I didn't think anyone bothered with the NFL down under. Jonah Loumu was once offered a place on the Los Angeles Raiders by it's then owner Al Davis who knew talent when he saw it. How do you think he would have done? I personally think he had the potential to be another Bo Jackson. Big, strong and fast, he would have been a beast on the gridiron.

Matt77 Posted: 20:01 Sep30 2016 Post ID: 3423668
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The only Aussie that I've heard of heading into NFL was Jarryd Hayne, but he lasted a few games at the 49ers before being dropped and thus quit at the end of season 2015-16. He started at the NRL, then went to NFL for a year, now is back in the NRL at a different team.

And I follow NFL because it'd good to have some form of sport going when the AFL and NRL finish. Today and tomorrow are the grand finals so after that sport is pretty scarce.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Matt77 Posted: 11:55 Oct02 2016 Post ID: 3423718
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Sunday's Results:

Jacksonville defeated Indianapolis 30-27
Houston defeated Tennessee 27-20
Seattle defeated New York Jets 27-17
Buffalo defeated New England 16-0
Atlanta defeated Carolina 48-33
Oakland defeated Baltimore 28-27
Chicago defeated Detroit 17-14
Denver defeated Tampa Bay 27-7
Los Angeles defeated Arizona 17-13 after trailing 10-13 at 3QT
New Orleans defeated San Diego 35-34 after trailing 21-34 with 2:50 remaining
Dallas defeated San Francisco 24-17 after trailing 0-7 at QT
Pittsburgh defeated Kansas City 43-14

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 3rd 2016 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 16:55 Oct02 2016 Post ID: 3423719
Sanzano
+
New England Patriots have gone down 18-0 to the Buffalo Bills. When was the last time the Patriots got shut out?

Matt77 Posted: 21:04 Oct02 2016 Post ID: 3423723
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I'm not sure but it was their first home shutout loss since 1993.

What is the deal with Los Angeles? They are 3-1 after defeating Arizona, Tampa Bay, and Seattle, but still managed to lose to San Francisco 28-0. Arizona seem cooked so do they have a change to pick up a wildcard spot, or even perhaps a division title? Cause I don't buy any of it.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:30 Oct03 2016 Post ID: 3423724
Sanzano
+
Pittsburgh are looking like a juggernaut this season. Ben Roethlisberger threw for 5 Touchdowns this week.

Matt77 Posted: 01:41 Oct03 2016 Post ID: 3423726
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Pittsburgh are looking like a juggernaut this season. Ben Roethlisberger threw for 5 Touchdowns this week.

Last week:

Yep

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, Atlanta are looking really dangerous right now. I doubt they'll make the playoffs but their offense has been enormous:

W1: 24 (Loss by 7)
W2: 35 (Win by 7)
W3: 45 (Win by 13)
W4: 48 (Win by 15)

They have also been building each week. Denver in Denver will be a tough task that will surely slow them down but Denver should watch out. They are undefeated and sometimes teams that are cruising get too complacent.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Nov 27th 2017 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Matt77 Posted: 20:32 Oct03 2016 Post ID: 3423743
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Monday night's result:

Minnesota defeated New York Giants 24-10

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 21:54 Oct03 2016 Post ID: 3423746
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Last time the Pats got shutout? 2006 to the Phins. ;)

I'm finally starting to come around to the Falcons. I really thought they would have been the Carolina of last year, but I guess now is bettet late than never.

Another mediocre .500 week for me. Why can't any team that should win, win? XD
Matt77 Posted: 22:15 Oct03 2016 Post ID: 3423747
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It's just the way it is. In my AFL tipping this year I got five 8/9 rounds and zero 9/9 -_-

Don't jump on the bandwagon too quickly Pokemon Master. Atlanta were 5-0 and then 6-1 last season and finished 8-8. And I know it's a different sport but in my AFL a team was 9-0 and finished 12-10.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:40 Oct04 2016 Post ID: 3423750
Sanzano
+
[quoteby=Matt77]

Last week:

Yep

Lol, I forgot about that result. I remember the Steelers beating the Redskins in Week 1 38-16 and then beating the Bengals in Week 2 24-16, totally forgot about the Eagles game. Not sure what happened there, I don't think Philidelphia are that good, I think the Steelers had a bad day.

As for Atlanta, they are not even on my rader as Super Bowl contenders, mid table team that may make the post season as a Wild Card.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Oct 4th 2016 »

Matt77 Posted: 03:23 Oct04 2016 Post ID: 3423754
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
If Philadelphia aren't that good, then they must've had a REALLY BAD day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone here look at power rankings or do them themselves? They can be heavily biased at times but I find them good to look at, to reflect on where the teams are at. If I were to do one myself, I would have to go with:

1. Denver
2. Minnesota
3. Philadelphia
4. Atlanta
5. New England
6. Pittsburgh
7. Green Bay
8. Oakland
9. Los Angeles
10. Cincinnati
11. Buffalo
12. Seattle
13. Baltimore
14. Houston
15. Dallas
16. Carolina
17. Washington
18. Kansas City
19. Arizona
20. New York Jets
21. New York Giants
22. Tennessee
23. San Diego
24. Jacksonville
25. Miami
26. New Orleans
27. Tampa Bay
28. San Francisco
29. Detroit
30. Indianapolis
31. Chicago
32. Cleveland

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 08:09 Oct04 2016 Post ID: 3423755
Sanzano
+
I'm going to have to do some studying on Philadelphia, the last time they had a decent team Reggie White was playing for them. What makes them so good now? Carson Wentz is currently the 26th ranked Quarterback, Ryan Mathews is currently the 40th ranked Running Back and Jordan Matthews is currently the 54th ranked Wide Receiver in the league. Where are they getting their points from?

Matt77 Posted: 08:42 Oct04 2016 Post ID: 3423756
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Sounds like the defense is doing a good job too. Also helps that Wentz has thrown 0 intercepts.

If their defense can perform again, they should advance to 4-0 and stay undefeated. Their next game after Detroit is Minnesota in Minnesota, and that will be the true text. At that stage both teams should be undefeated so it should be a great game. (unless Detroit beats Philadelphia or Houston beats Minnesota)

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 4th 2016 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Matt77 Posted: 11:07 Oct04 2016 Post ID: 3423758
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
(I know I double post a lot here but I'm bored often and then think of something to post here)

It's a radical idea that would likely never happen due to traveling and traditional divisional rivalries but would any of you support the idea of the divisions changing every season depending on results? Teams would never move conferences though. How this would work would be the top 4 teams would be sent to AFC/NFC Division 1 (the 4 teams remaining in divisional playoffs week), then the two wildcard teams and the next two teams with the best record would go into Division 2, then the next 4 in Division 3, and the worst 4 in Division 4.

If this system was to be used last season, this season the divisions would be:

AFC Division 1:
Denver Broncos
New England Patriots
Kansas City Chiefs
Pittsburgh Steelers

AFC Division 2:
Cincinnati Bengals
Houston Texans
New York Jets
Buffalo Bills

AFC Division 3:
Indianapolis Colts
Oakland Raiders
Miami Dolphins
Baltimore Ravens

AFC Division 4:
Jacksonville Jaguars
San Diego Chargers
Cleveland Browns
Tennessee Titans

NFC Division 1:
Carolina Panthers
Arizona Cardinals
Green Bay Packers
Seattle Seahawks

NFC Division 2:

Minnesota Vikings
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Los Angeles Rams

NFC Division 3:
Detroit Lions
New Orleans Saints
Philadelphia Eagles
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NFC Division 4:
New York Giants
Chicago Bears
San Fransisco 49ers
Dallas Cowboys

In the 16 game season, each team plays their division rivals twice, for 6 games. They then play the division in their conference corresponding (Div 1 will play 2 & vice versa, Div 3 will play 4...) once each for 4 games, making it 10 in total so far. They will then play the division corresponding them in the opposite conference (AFC Div 3 plays NFC Div 3 etc) once each for 4 games, making it 14 in total so far. The NFL then chooses the last two matches based on key matchups, traditional rivalries etc.

At the end of the season the playoffs work like this. Divisions 1 and 2 will have two spots each available for teams in the playoffs. Wildcard spots are gone. Divisions 3 and 4 get 1 each, despite being weak. In 1 and 2 the highest team gets the week off as per usual straight into divisional playoffs. 2nd place in Div 1 then plays 1st place in Div 4, and 2nd place in Div 2 plays 1st place in Div 3. The winner of 1v4 then plays 1st place of Div 1, while the winner of 2v3 plays 1st place of Div 2. The name "Divisional Playoffs" now makes sense, as if there were no upsets, there would be divisional matchups. Then the winners of the divisional playoffs advance to conference and it's all the same as the current system. (If this has confused you which I'm sure it has, I'm sorry)

While it may look bad having two teams in playoffs that are probably awful, it gives the lower teams something to keep playing for. Also, if they are as awful as they should be, they will be thrashed in the wildcard round. Also in the top two divisions, there would be some quality that would miss out, but it would keep things very competitive, and there would be mouth-watering matchups nearly every week.

At the end of the entire season divisions would be reworked again, probably sending the last place teams in Div 1 and 2 down into lower divisions, giving them a better chance next season. Then the 1st place teams of Div 3 and 4 would be promoted into the higher Division 2.

So, what do you think of this idea? Too radical? Actually decent? Let me know.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 4th 2016 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 02:09 Oct05 2016 Post ID: 3423773
Sanzano
+
I don't think it would work, if your team wasn't in the top division you would have no chance of reaching the Super Bowl which would cause the lower teams to lose fans to the top division teams which in turn would reduce considerably the revenue they make on selling merchandise. At least the current system is fair in that everyone starts the season on a level playing field and the teams that did well the previous year have a slightly more difficult schedule to even things up a bit.

Matt77 Posted: 03:23 Oct05 2016 Post ID: 3423774
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Well if a team had a breakout season and made the playoffs in Division 4 the next year they would instantly be promoted to Division 2, where they would have a 50% chance of playoffs. If you don't make it then tough, you need to get better. But there would always be opportunities to make the playoffs.

And about getting to the Superbowl, it would also be difficult to get to the Superbowl even if you won the division in the current system.

But in general it would probably get messy.

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 7 of 465
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | 463 | 464 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close