Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Supercheats Fan Fiction and Role Play tournament

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 44 of 44
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 42 | 43 | Last     Previous
Oginig Posted: 02:35 May20 2009 Post ID: 2624597
Oginig
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
... So, one fight, Cervy is delayed because someone forgot to vote, and then Cervy takes a month to vote, delaying the next fight?

The irony is spectacular.
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
TestVirus101 Posted: 18:09 May22 2009 Post ID: 2626687
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
On 17-May-2009 Sotek said:Still need votes from T-Virus, X and Cervy please! I can't get the playoffs finished without knowing who's going to win them!
I sent in the vote.
Cervantes De Leon Posted: 18:37 May22 2009 Post ID: 2626702
Cervantes De Leon
+
Same.

And Jaffa, even if I had voted, X would still be delaying it, therefore my delay is unaffecting to the situation

So, basically...quiet you. =P

By ozzo

Mission debriefing: Now available
Sotek Posted: 13:30 May24 2009 Post ID: 2627828
Sotek
+
And on that pleasent note: X! I need your vote!

Heh, that rhymed.

Seeing as I now have three short stories posted, I figure I may as well put all of them in my bio, so go there for links to "The Lab", "Daemon" and "Afterlife". Additionally, you should read my fic, The Crystals of Narlkant
CurryMonster Posted: 05:39 May25 2009 Post ID: 2628282
CurryMonster
A Professional with Standard
+
I don't think X is still here. Maybe you'd have better luck emailing him.

The Undying Night Book 1: Fiendlord. GET IT HERE.
KOG Posted: 11:44 May25 2009 Post ID: 2628410
KOG
+
I just realized this was here. Are you guys going to do another one soon? I'd love to join it. Smile
vvv credit to .Impact.

Bow down to the King of Games!!!

I have a NEW RP! Join the RP Ragnorak: "The Seven Spirits of Vladimar!" We need more RPers to help out.
CurryMonster Posted: 17:13 May25 2009 Post ID: 2628622
CurryMonster
+
Soon? Brother, this one's been here since forever. The speed Cervy writes I'll be retired before it finishes.

Cervantes De Leon Posted: 14:37 Oct02 2009 Post ID: 2743189
Cervantes De Leon
+
Well people, this is it, it is time for the Grand Final.

Before we begin, I wish to thank the following people.

Currymonster, Sotek, Testvirus101, Ognig and Xtreme gamer for agreeing to be judges for the tournament, as well as all writing at least one fight.

jamarie, r & c mega, Solar Ice, ozzo, ShadowGX and Rhodri for agreeing to cameos.

Dave for never knowing about this, never seeing that I had his head blown off and banning me for it.

Next, a list of all the referances I have made in the tournament...

Psyche! I'm not that much of a ****.

Ready? Here we go.

Grand Final

Azred Ferla Vs. Sion Lions

The arena was pitch black as silence filled the air. As everyone awaited for what was going to happen, a spotlight turned on in the middle of the arena, showing Cervantes De Leon in a suit. As a microphone dropped down beside him, Cervantes De Leon cleared his throat and grabbed the vocal instrument. ?Ladies and gentlemen.? Cervantes De Leon began, ?Children, old people, non-humans and dead bodies of the audience; judges and other members of staff; all losing contenders alive and dead; all humans, pets, wild animals and aliens of this world, other worlds, anywhere within this dimension and in all dimensions that currently exist, have existed in the past and will exist in the future that are either alive, dead or have not been born yet...and Sotek. This is it, the moment you have all been waiting for.?
?For three bloody years!? Testvirus101 yelled out.
?Yes, yes, three years, thank you.? Cervantes De Leon added, somewhat annoyed by the interruption. ?Anyway, we have finally arrived at the Grand Final of the first ever Supercheats Fan Fiction and Role Play Tournament. Before we get underway, let us first introduce our two finalists.?
Cervantes De Leon held out his left hand, which was followed by a spotlight turning on behind him, where a swirling purple portal stood. ?He?s defeated Auren Riamtar, Desh, Stephen McKinlen and Talim. It?s the dark magic warrior, Azred Ferla!?
With that, Azred emerged from his portal, causing massive amounts of cheering from the audience. He folded his arms and leaned back on the corner pole as the portal disappeared behind him. Cervantes De Leon lowered his left hand and raised his right, which was followed by another spotlight turning on, this time featuring nothing.
?He has defeated Greg Freeze, Atremis Kramen, Chaos Stavanos and Razer. He is the Lion of Honour and Spirit , Sion Lions!?
As his name was called, Sion jumped over the ropes in the darkness in to his spotlight, holding his hands up and basking in the glory of the crowds cheers.
?Show-off.? Azred remarked.
Sion lowered his hands and faced the mage, ?Ah, Azred.? Sion said, ?I?ve been waiting for this moment.?
?Have you now?? Azred responded, intrigued by what Sion meant by his words.
?Yeah. I?m here to show you that just because you?re the most popular; it doesn?t make you the best here.?
?Hmph.? Azred grunted, standing up straight. ?If you truly wish to believe that you can prove your theory, then you better have the strength to back up your bold words of victory over me.?
?Anytime, Azred.? Sion said, ?Bring it on!?

?Before we begin the final,? Cervantes De Leon interrupted the two, ?let us introduce the five judges for one last time. First off, as we?ve already heard from, we have Testvirus101!?
Testvirus101 put his hand up for the audience as they cheered him.
?Next we have Seos sa-?
Before Cervantes De Leon could finish the sentence, a note was handed to him. He read the note briefly before re-starting his sentence.
?Ladies and gentlemen, it would appear that, due to reasons of health and safety, Seos san Nekros has had to legally change his name. So, let us re-introduce?Ognig!?
The newly-named Ognig turned to the crowd and raised his hand to confirm what Cervantes De Leon had just informed the crowd was true.
?Next, if he?s bothered to show up, we have Sotek!? Cervantes De Leon continued, surprised to see that Sotek was indeed sitting at the judge?s panel. He stood up, turned to the cheering crowd and bowed before them in a flamboyant fashion.
?Our fourth judge tonight is Pande- er, no, sorry. CurryMonster!?
With that, the crowd burst into a standing ovation. CurryMonster turned to the crowd and held his beer glass up towards the audience, triumphantly yelling oujt ?Yeah!? The audience echoed this for a few moments before settling down.
?Finally, we have judge number 5, Xtre-?
Another note was given to Cervantes De Leon from the shadows outside of his spotlight.
?Oh for ****?s sake?? Cervantes De Leon grumbled, reading the note. ?For reasons that I am not allowed to explain, Xtreme gamer has been banned from judging any sort of contests except for the illegal kind and Simon Cowell-related ?talent contests?. In his place we have?Mrs. CurryMonster!?
Everyone started to cheer, despite not knowing her, though worried about what CurryMonster would do if they didn?t applaud her.

?Right, now that the introductions are over and done with, let?s pick the stage for one last time and get this fight underway.?
Cervantes De Leon walked out of his spotlight, which turned off as he stepped over the ropes and out of the battle arena. The regular lights turned on and slowly brightened as the big screen began to scroll through its data bank of battle arenas. After a few moments, the Stage Select settled upon ?Tournament Arena? The audience seemed rather puzzled as the arena didn?t change at all. Azred and Sion shrugged uncaringly and drew their weapons. Azred drew his ever-faithful Lightbringer and Inferno, whereas Sion ? after a moment of thought ? formed Raizan in his hands. Both fighters promptly took their battle stances.

?For one last time everyone??
?3?2?1?FIGHT!?

The two combatants circled the arena, observing their opponent and waiting for them to make a move. As the audience began to seem agitated by the lack of action, Sion made a sudden fake movement, which caught out Azred. Sion grinned as he returned to his stance, then suddenly dashing forward at his opponent. Azred ? expecting a charge ? held both his weapons up in defence as Sion slashed at his weapons with both blades of Raizan. Azred swung Inferno at Sion, who dodged to the right of the black mage. ?Shadow nova.? Azred said, pointing his right palm at Sion as the black ball of dark energy shot out of his hand. Sion rolled sideways to dodge the attack ? which exploded behind him. Sion quickly changed weaponry to Hydros in time to meet both Lightbringer and Inferno as Azred swung them down at him. Sion stepped back and quickly pulled back his weapon, causing Azred?s swords to swing down to the ground from the applied force from their wielder. Azred raised his weapons and ? noticing Sion dodge to the corner of his left eye ? swung Lightbringer out to block Hydros. Azred thrust Inferno towards Sion?s stomach, but was knocked down to the ground by a swift spin of Hydros.
?Water against fire, Azred.? Sion said, kicking the floored weapon out of the way and smacking the javelin sideways across Azred?s face. Azred spun around, dazed by the speed of the attack and open to Sion?s straight kick to the stomach. Azred fell back on to the ground, though he quickly recovered and moved out of the way just as Sion stabbed Hydros in to the ground where his right shoulder was.

?No quick finish then?? Sion asked, pulling Hydros out of the ground and twirling it through the fingers of his right hand. ?Shame, I quite like how I set that up.?
?You are na�ve, Sion.? Azred said, ?Na�ve to think that such a simple trick could put me down. Injure me, maybe, but it will not finish me, nor will it work a second time.?
?Heh. You too are na�ve Azred.? Sion said, ?Thinking you?ve already won this, are you? I?ll wipe that confidence out of your system.?

Azred stabbed Inferno suddenly towards Sion, but was easily dodged with Hydros? increased reflex abilities. He jumped over Azred as the mage made a slash with Lightbringer, switching his weapon to Enyuu in mid-air. ?Shadow Flare.? Azred called out, blasting out a dark fiery blast from the palm of his right hand at the still aerial Sion. The warrior held up Enyuu in defence, only to be blown backwards by the force of the resulting explosion. Sion ? unharmed by the explosion ? hit the ground painfully on his back as Azred charged forward. The mage spun Inferno in his hand in to a backhand hold and swung the blade at Sion?s chest. Sion rolled out of the way at the last moment, holding Enyuu above him as Azred swung Lightbringer down at him. As the swords clashed, Sion pushed Lightbringer out of the way with Enyuu?s strength, taking the moment to quickly get to his feet before Azred could react. Sion swung Enyuu down at Azred, who blocked the blade with Inferno. The force of Enyuu knocked Azred down to one knee as he continued to hold the weapon in place with his own. Azred tilted Inferno slightly upwards from the hilt, causing Enyuu to scrape down along Inferno?s blade before slamming in to the ground. While Sion was momentarily stunned by this, Azred raised and swung his right leg at the warrior?s face, delivering a fierce kick to the jaw. Sion was knocked to the ground by the attack, getting up on to his knees just as Azred walked casually behind him and stomped on his back, causing Sion to yelp in pain.
?Well, isn?t this an interesting turn of events.? Azred said, pointing Lightbringer down at Sion?s neck.
?You?think so?? Sion said through clenched teeth, changing Enyuu with Arashi unknowingly to Azred. Sion stabbed Arashi in to Azred?s leg, causing the mage to stagger back while his wound spat out a fair amount of blood. Sion got to his feet particularly quickly and stabbed Arashi and Azred?s chest, only to be blocked by Inferno. Inferno shoved Arashi out of Azred?s way, leaving Sion exposed as Azred ? having momentarily put down Lightbringer ? reached out to grab Sion. Sion moved to avoid Azred?s hand, which only managed to grab Sion?s cloak. Azred pulled on the coat, trying to drag Sion towards him as he prepared a dark magic attack in his other hand. Sion slipped out of his cloak, causing Azred to take a few steps back with the surprising weight of the item of clothing. Azred threw the cloak away as Sion charged at Azred, Arashi pointing at the mage?s chest. Azred held out Lightbringer horizontally, swinging it outwards as Sion approached to deflect his katana. Sion quickly spun around Azred ? dodging a swing from Inferno ? and slammed his elbow in to the back of Azred?s head. Temporarily blinded by the attack, Azred spun around, aimlessly and unintentionally swinging both blades, before falling to the ground. The blades both cut through Sion?s right leg, flooring the warrior through pain.

After a few moments, both combatants got to their feet and faced each other; both slouched slightly due to their injured legs sitting in puddles of blood. ?I must admit, you are a more formidable opponent than I first thought.? Azred said to Sion, which somewhat surprised him.
?About time you realised that.? Sion responded.
?That cloak you wore, it was of a considerable weight. You wore it to train yourself, if I am not mistaken.?
?You catch on quick Azred.? Sion smirked, folding his arms while Arashi stood next to him, stabbed in to the ground.
?As for your four weapons, each one seems to have its own abilities that change you.? Azred continued to analyse his opponent. ?The broadsword increases your strength, the katana your agility, the spear your reflexes??
??and the dual swords?? Sion asked, grinning as he realised that he hadn?t used them long enough for their effect to be evident to Azred.
?Whatever their effect is, it does not matter.? Azred said bluntly, stabbing Lightbringer in to the ground and pointing the free index finger at Sion. ?Shadow Flare!?
Sion ? caught off guard ? grabbed Arashi and dodged out of the way as the dark ball of flame narrowly missed, exploding where he once stood. Sion dashed towards Azred as he slowly drew Lightbringer from out of the ground. He held Arashi low to the ground, ready to swing it upwards at the mage.
?Shadow Shroud.? Azred said, creating a barrier of dark energy in front of him that Sion?s sword bounced off with almost no resistance. Azred suddenly burst through the barrier, shattering it and taking Sion by surprise as he spun around with both of his swords extended. Sion barely managed to block Lightbringer with Arashi, but Inferno managed to knock the sword out of Sion?s hands. Sion jumped to the side as Azred swung Lightbringer down at where he was. Sion rolled along the ground and grabbed Arashi. As he got back to his feet, Azred quietly chanted a dark magic spell as he pointed his Inferno-wielding index finger at Sion. A small blast of dark energy shot out of Azred?s finger like a laser beam, blasting through Sion?s right shoulder. Sion gave out a small yelp of pain as Azred moved towards him, both blades prepared to end the fight. Sion got to his feet ? using Arashi to help him up ? and managed to switch to Raizan just as Azred swung Inferno and Lightbringer at him. Both blades of Raizan clashed with Lightbringer and Inferno, managing to hold both at bay to Azred?s surprise. Azred ? starting to show signs of fatigue ? was forced back a step by Sion?s unexpected burst of energy, then another step as Sion stepped forward. Sion ? using the energy boost that Raizan provided ? pushed Azred?s blades out of the way, stunning the black mage as he staggered back. ?It?s over!? Sion yelled out, charging forward and stabbing one of his two swords at Azred?s chest. Azred tried to dodge, but ended up being stabbed through the side of his lower body.

The crowd gasped as Sion withdrew the sword from Azred?s body, forcing him to the ground as he clutched his wound. Sion held the clean blade of Raizan next to Azred?s neck. ?You dodged the last one pretty well.? Sion complimented his seemingly-doomed opponent, ?I wonder if you can find a way out of this one.?
?Hmph.? Azred muttered, ?It seems now that you?re the one under-estimating me, Sion.?
?Huh?? Sion said, preparing to slice Azred?s throat just in case he wasn?t bluffing.
?Shadow Shroud.? Azred said, forming a dark barrier that forced Sion?s blade away from its prey. Sion jumped back from his opponent, expecting a similar tactic to before. This time, the barrier slowly faded on its own terms, showing Azred standing behind it, his open palm facing the warrior. ?It ends here.? Azred said rather bluntly, ?You have been a worthy opponent, but it is time for this to finish. Dark Inferno!?
Sion, using what energy he had left, ran out of the trajectory path of Azred?s attack. Azred?s hand erupted with a huge blast of dark flame, hitting the ropes of the arena and exploding, spreading fire right around the two combatants. Both Sion and Azred stared at one another within the fire, both exhausted as their blood trickled down on to the ground while they struggled to keep a good grip on their swords.
?You put up a good fight Azred.? Sion said, bending over slightly as he gasped for air.
?Neither of us is likely to last long in this heat.? Azred said, looking around at the walls of fire as he coughed from the smoke. ?I say we should finish this before either of us falls unconscious from a mixture of heat and a lack of air.?
?Yeah, good plan.? Sion replied, swinging both blades of Raizan to his sides. ?I think I can manage one last attack on you.?
?Very well?? Azred said, holding out Inferno at his side as he pointed Lightbringer at Sion. ?Let us finish this.?
Both combatants charged at each other, weapons ready to strike at their opponent. Sion jumped in to the air and slashed his sword towards Azred, as the mage swiftly stabbed Lightbringer in to the ground, thrust his hand in Sion?s direction and yelled out ?Dark Inferno!?
The sound of the fiery explosion was heard by everyone in the audience, although nobody could see the outcome from the fire.

Several people eventually managed to put out the fire, showing to the audience the result of the final attack. Sion kneeled just in front of Azred, his right blade covered in blood, while his left hand was non-existant, having been incinerated ? along with a small portion of his chest - by Dark Inferno. Azred was still standing, but his face showed agony as most of his extended arm had been sliced off by Raizan, which had also slashed through the mage?s chest. Everyone gasped at the sight of the two, who were still somehow both alive and conscious.
?D?Damn??
Sion muttered his last word and collapsed.

?Ladies and Gentlemen, the winner of the first ever Supercheats Fan Fiction and Role Play Tournament is Azred Ferla!?

Azred limped out of the burned arena and walked over to the judge?s table. ?If it?s not too much trouble, I would like to have some medical assistance for my injuries.? Azred requested, ?And whatever my winnings are for being the victor.?
?Winnings?? Cervantes De Leon asked, seemingly surprised by the thought of a prize. ?Well?we did have a prize for the winner, but we had to sell it to cover for the roof damage Wolf made in the first fight.?
??You mean that I took part in meaningless fights and lost my arm for nothing?? Azred said, dark fire forming around his existing hand.?
?Pretty much.? Cervantes De Leon said, pressing the big red button on a remote control he held behind his back.
?Well, I think a similar fate to my opponent?s is deserving of you.? Azred said, still calm despite his apparent anger, ?Shadow No-?
Azred was stopped mid-sentence as a grand piano dropped on him, smashing through the floor with an almost clich�-sounding thud of the keys. Cervantes De Leon exhaled in relief and turned to the judges. Realising it was all finished, the audience began to leave.

?Well, that was fun.? He said.
?It passed the time.? Testvirus101 replied, causing a few small chuckles from the other judges.
?So, any plans for a second tournament?? Ognig asked Cervantes De Leon.
?Might do.? He answered, ?We?ll see, as long as Azred doesn?t cheat his way to victory again.?
?You?re not still ****** about that vote change are you?? Currymonster said.
?Well, seeing as it was my guy that got knocked out because of it-?
?For a second time, the first being by someone who had never been seen on the site before?
?Oh shut up, Stephen just wasn?t that well known then.?
?Was he ever that well known? You only ever get around three readers per chapter if you?re lucky.
??That?s it. You and me, outside, right now!?
?You?re on.? Currymonster stood up as he cleaned his glasses. ?Loser buys the first round.?
?Deal.? Cervantes De Leon said, heading out of the main stage and outside along with Currymonster. The rest of the judges followed.
?Um, don?t we have a perfectly good arena to use right here?? Ognig pointed out.
?Would you ever use that thing?? Sotek asked him.
??Good point.? Ognig responded as he walked on out, leaving the tournament arena empty. On the big screen, Xtreme gamer popped up from within several red circles and called out ?That?s all folks!? before the screen was turned off.

By ozzo

Mission debriefing: Now available
CurryMonster Posted: 14:57 Oct02 2009 Post ID: 2743204
CurryMonster
+
Good fight. I have a few complaints with the way Ferla was handled, which I will now list in no particular order.

1. He seemed a lot more polite and respectful than the original context ever portrayed him as.
2. I notice that he spent a disproportionately large amount of time putting his swords down. He's a swordsman first and a mage second.
3. I think you occasionally mixed up his swords; attacking with Lightbringer while Sion was on his left, and vice versa.
4. Shadow Shroud isn't a barrier spell; it makes him invisible.

However, I did like the balance that was maintained throughout the fight, with neither combatant gaining any kind of advantage for very long, and settling a conflict with a single-stroke duel seems to be Ferla's MO these days (see also: Chaos). I'm not sure I like the emphasis you placed on his magic attacks, though. It felt like you were treating him as a spellcaster with swords, rather than a swordsman with magic.

Apart from that, it was a pretty good fight, and I didn't expect to be taken seriously with the grand piano. I hope you do decide to write another, and I hope you also decide to write it quickly.

Edit: And a brief note regarding the finale: We both know you're not brave enough to fight me. Doubly so when there's a drink at stake.

« Last edited by CurryMonster on Oct 2nd 2009 »

Oginig Posted: 15:02 Oct02 2009 Post ID: 2743211
Oginig
Forum GuestMember
+

*applaudes*

It's taken long enough, but I am in absolutely no position to criticize anyone's writing speed. And other than that, I have absolutely nothing to complain about. An excellent fight with intense action, and a well fought victory for Azred Ferla, followed by a trademark comedic finish. The perfect summation of what this tournament has been all about.

I salute you, Cervy. Great job.
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Sotek Posted: 16:36 Oct02 2009 Post ID: 2743237
Sotek
+
Huh, whadaya know. There was me thinking that it was going to be a tie.

Honestly, that was pretty good. I think Curry and Jaffa said all the important stuff, so I'll just add that I liked the way the arena was the default one for once. I guess it wouldn't have been very fair to have the final stage themed from either of the characters, and pulling one from nowhere wouldn't have made sense. The judges intros were good too, considering the massive last minute revisions!

Also, I think you should challange Curry to a proper dual for my amusement.

Seeing as I now have three short stories posted, I figure I may as well put all of them in my bio, so go there for links to "The Lab", "Daemon" and "Afterlife". Additionally, you should read my fic, The Crystals of Narlkant
CurryMonster Posted: 02:55 Oct03 2009 Post ID: 2743541
CurryMonster
+
If it had been a tie, then I strongly suspect there would have been fisticuffs.

TestVirus101 Posted: 21:30 Oct09 2009 Post ID: 2748062
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
A little late to the party, but a nice ending, and good to see it finally over after 3 long years ;]
Displaying Page 44 of 44
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 42 | 43 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close