Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Any advice for me so I can prevent something traumatic happen to me again?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous
Catharsis Posted: 19:17 Sep11 2008 Post ID: 2419609
Catharsis
One thought fills immensity.
Post Likes: 0
+
On 11-Sep-2008 imaloony8.0 said:Last I checked, bullets move faster than people.

They probably wouldn't shoot you over some cash, a watch, and a cell phone tho. Besides, then, you'd be in the same boat with him, and you could be arrested for breaking his arms.
Exactly. It doesn't matter whether or not you're acting in self-defence - if you severely injure or kill your attacker, then you're the one who's in trouble, not them.

Signature and avatar made by Master Volthawk.
Email/MSN: empyrean decadence at hotmail dot com (Remove all spaces)

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Flareon Dude_ Posted: 20:57 Sep11 2008 Post ID: 2419785
Flareon Dude_
+
OK, with almost 3 years of self defense knowledge under my belt, I will give you the best advice for that situation:

At Gun and/or Knife point:
The best thing to do is to just give them everything you ask. Your life is not worth something that can be replaced. It won't be easily replaced, but it can be. Your life is much more valuable than inanimate objects.

Now, since they took your cell phone, i would highly, HIGHLY suggest that you have your membership cancelled and prevent any phone calls being made and having to pay money that you shouldn't.

Other than that, report this to the police. With muggers, they just don't do it to one person, they do it multiple times. Chances are that it has happened to somebody else and they have reported it to the police. With multiple accounts for the police, they would have mor incentive to find and arrest this man. Make sure, if you do go to the police, give as much of a description as possible, including clothing, hair (if possible. he was wearing a hat, wasn't he?), skin pigment, facial hair, etc.

As for prevention of this sort of thing happening, I would go with CurryMonster's idea of the group or bus. What city are you in? Not NYC, are you?
"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda
I'm gone...
mewfighter Posted: 21:28 Sep11 2008 Post ID: 2419828
mewfighter
Forum GuestMember
+
what i would do is just give them what they ask.your life is more important than your cell phone and watch.then if it happens again,follow him home and give the police his address.

« Last edited by mewfighter on Sep 11th 2008 »
imaloony8.0 Posted: 22:42 Sep11 2008 Post ID: 2419841
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
I wouldn't follow him home. If he knew you were following you, you'd be owned faster than you can say "Whoops"

Actually, if they take your phone, I believe the police would track a call if they just called your phone. I may be wrong, but if you just go to the police with that, you may be able to get that SoB.

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
.Impact Posted: 19:09 Sep12 2008 Post ID: 2420605
.Impact
Resident Graphics Artist
Post Likes: 1
+
On 11-Sep-2008 Volke said:Use your common sense! You were probably mugged because you walked through an area that's best avoided, especially if you're alone. It's a good idea to avoid those sort of areas. How many people mugged you anyway? Was it just the guy with the gun, or a gang?
Single guy with a gun. Apparently, the way I was walking was the way to the subway. :p

.Impact Posted: 19:16 Sep12 2008 Post ID: 2420613
.Impact
Resident Graphics Artist
+
On 11-Sep-2008 Catharsis said:Option 1 only works in films, and option 2 is just plain stupid.

If you are at gunpoint and you're being asked to give someone money/valuables, then give them what they want. Unless you're willing to risk being shot. If that's the case, then do whatever you want.
Apparently, that's exactly what I did.

.Impact Posted: 19:17 Sep12 2008 Post ID: 2420614
.Impact
Resident Graphics Artist
+
On 11-Sep-2008 Flareon Dude_ said:OK, with almost 3 years of self defense knowledge under my belt, I will give you the best advice for that situation:

At Gun and/or Knife point:
The best thing to do is to just give them everything you ask. Your life is not worth something that can be replaced. It won't be easily replaced, but it can be. Your life is much more valuable than inanimate objects.

Now, since they took your cell phone, i would highly, HIGHLY suggest that you have your membership cancelled and prevent any phone calls being made and having to pay money that you shouldn't.

Other than that, report this to the police. With muggers, they just don't do it to one person, they do it multiple times. Chances are that it has happened to somebody else and they have reported it to the police. With multiple accounts for the police, they would have mor incentive to find and arrest this man. Make sure, if you do go to the police, give as much of a description as possible, including clothing, hair (if possible. he was wearing a hat, wasn't he?), skin pigment, facial hair, etc.

As for prevention of this sort of thing happening, I would go with CurryMonster's idea of the group or bus. What city are you in? Not NYC, are you?
Did that also.

Flareon Dude_ Posted: 19:43 Sep12 2008 Post ID: 2420634
Flareon Dude_
+
ok, good. so, you went to the cops, reported him, AND cancelled the service?

Oh, and what city are you in, now?
"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda
I'm gone...
.Impact Posted: 19:47 Sep12 2008 Post ID: 2420639
.Impact
Resident Graphics Artist
+
Metro Manila, Philippines. The Country's Capital.

PhilXZ Posted: 19:49 Sep12 2008 Post ID: 2420641
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
+
My name is in that country!!! Stay in the main street, even if it takes longer. Or higher someone to bodyguard you!
.Impact Posted: 19:51 Sep12 2008 Post ID: 2420643
.Impact
Resident Graphics Artist
+
"Hire"

Apparently, the road was kinda populated, but people were spread around so much.

Shadowcheater Posted: 21:59 Sep12 2008 Post ID: 2420790
Shadowcheater
Mr. Tambourine Man
+
Dun wear shorts, most likely you'll be raped by gays.
Well, thats the condition in here..

Enter the doors of PXE!

"Paradise is nearer to any of you than the strap of his shoe, and so is the Fire."
Sacred_Light Posted: 01:31 Sep13 2008 Post ID: 2420893
Sacred_Light
+
^ 0.o

Stay in the most crowded places, strange that somebody would mug you in broad daylight... Anyway theres nothing much else to it im afraid. Sorry about your experience.
[center]I am now known as Divinity
Displaying Page 3 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close