Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Final Fantasy VII

Will there be a new Final Fantasy 7 game?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Heavens Cloud Posted at: 08:07 Aug17 2008 Post ID: 2384187
Heavens Cloud
Post Likes: 0
+
+
On 16-Aug-2008 balthiersbit said:I wouldnt mind seeing all of the older ones remade. XIII im sorry to say im not that interested in as yet!! To me it just looks like a fancy version of DoC. But im sure i will get a lot of you guys telling me otherwise.
Apparently XIII is turn based, VXIII apparently is more like Kingdom Hearts but faster, Agito (the PSP) a faster version of Crisis Core :O (I'm screwed lol). The site that said XIII is turn based is down, but the other translated it as "Final Fantasy XIII has a party battle system! The player is able to control each character and change turns" so who knows:
http://www.finalfantasyxiii.net/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1218870305&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

It all looks good Smile

As for VII, I do think they should get XIII all out of the way. Too many projects at once, I mean there is still no release date or new info on that Wii Chronicles game >_< I'd love to see a VII remake/sequel (both please) someday, but I don't want it to be seen as a side project, which it will while making so many other games. One game will get less attention than most. We do have Advent Children Complete to look forward to, if only I had a PS3 or another Blueray player to see it. Evil
Marill

Sigs: http://www.fifthvoyager.net...res.html
Watch my craptastic vids at: http://www.youtube.com/FifthFantasy
http://www.fifthvoyager.net
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Volke Posted at: 11:14 Aug17 2008 Post ID: 2384462
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
Tetsuya Nomura quote - "We will not remake Final Fantasy VII, despite the pleas of many fans, until Sony releases a video games system that cannot operate PS1 video games. For all fans who believed that we would release a Tenth Anniversary remake or a remake to heighten the success for the PS3, then they are incorrect. Many of our team see Final Fantasy VII as the peak of the Final Fantasy series and their favourite game in the series, and would like to see a remake in the future. We are sorry for the disappointment but this is where we currently stand on the situation."

I remember reading something like that. I made up the majority of the quote, but it displayed something very similar. So whoever wants a remake will have to wait for the PS4 or something. I personally couldn't care less, though, unless the remake had exclusive extras.

Just thought I'd sum up the squabble.
balthiersbit Posted at: 13:15 Aug17 2008 Post ID: 2384698
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
+
No squabble here.

We know they have no plans to remake it.
But we can hope. They may one day get desperate for sales!!

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

guy in oakland Posted at: 15:11 Aug17 2008 Post ID: 2385049
guy in oakland
Post Likes: 5
+
+
I doubt that will ever happen,square is making dozens of games now and really they gave enough attentionto VII as it is

PSN-intayaz

The Ultimate Cheater Posted at: 13:34 Aug18 2008 Post ID: 2386434
The Ultimate Cheater
+
+
But VII has the potential to make Square a lot more mnoey
balthiersbit Posted at: 19:56 Aug18 2008 Post ID: 2387050
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
+
+
A crap load more money..and they dont even have to come up with new ideas either. Just lots of hi res Cloud action (drool)

The Ultimate Cheater Posted at: 20:10 Aug18 2008 Post ID: 2387056
The Ultimate Cheater
+
+
Theres ?50 they can easily make off you. Well actually probably more, I doubt you'd buy just one copy
ff7isthebest Posted at: 15:39 Jan10 2009 Post ID: 2517311
ff7isthebest
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Hey people they already remade for ps3 hello it happened a little after new years!!!!!!!!!!!
EXCITEMENT : cool :
gamespro Posted at: 16:10 Jan10 2009 Post ID: 2517373
gamespro
+
+
ff7isthebest I understand that you're new, but you cannot post that many times in a row, if you want to add something else then edit your first post. Please read the forum rules

Posts deleted.

« Last edited by gamespro on Jan 10th 2009 »

sig by Vasco
PSN ID: M-a-s-a-m-u-n-e
gamespro Posted at: 16:20 Jan10 2009 Post ID: 2517387
gamespro
+
+
On 10-Jan-2009 ff7isthebest said:Hey people they already remade for ps3 hello it happened a little after new years!!!!!!!!!!!
EXCITEMENT : cool :
Please don't give false information. Final Fantasy VII has not, and probably will not be remade.

« Last edited by gamespro on Jan 10th 2009 »

sig by Vasco
rayquaza8025 Posted at: 11:41 Jan12 2009 Post ID: 2518616
rayquaza8025
+
+
I agree, I think it is unlikely that Square will remake FF7, so lets just move on and play the original

Click here to level up my card!

CALL ME RAYRAY OR SHOLQUAZA

POKEMON PEARL FC: 0001 9969 7326
POKEMON PEAEL NAME: Cloud
CHECK OUT MY POKEMON TRADE SHOP http://forums.supercheats.com/topic.php?topic=102098
balthiersbit Posted at: 09:04 Feb16 2009 Post ID: 2546399
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
+
+
Hey if they wont cos sony wont make a console that cant take PS1 games then remake the damn game and sell it to microsoft...

...waits for torture to begin.

gamespro Posted at: 11:07 Feb16 2009 Post ID: 2546453
gamespro
+
+
If someone wanted to replay the original then they could do so easily. Even if FFVII was to be remade it would never be released on the 360. Since FFVII the series has been exclusive to the Playstation consoles and FFVII is considered one of the best in the series. Square-Enix may have decided to release FFXIII on multiple platforms which was big news but that would never happen if they were to remake VII. Fans of the series including myself would not be happy if they did that. Anyway I think it's pretty clear that FFVII will not be remade.

« Last edited by gamespro on Feb 16th 2009 »

sig by Vasco
Volke Posted at: 08:27 Feb17 2009 Post ID: 2547453
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Did you read my previous posts? It's been stated that Final Fantasy VII will not be remade only as long as there is a Sony console that can play PS1 games.
gamespro Posted at: 08:34 Feb17 2009 Post ID: 2547460
gamespro
+
+
Yeah I know it won't be remade, this thread was just brought up again recently that's all and the added activity is welcome. My previous post was just hypothetical.

sig by Vasco
Mr_darkside Posted at: 01:06 Feb18 2009 Post ID: 2548871
Mr_darkside
+
+
If they ever did it would mostly be on the PSP or DS as all the remake seems to be on them instead of the PS3 which is stupid lol
balthiersbit Posted at: 07:59 Feb18 2009 Post ID: 2548967
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
+
+
They seem to be doing that alot lately. Which is great in some ways but a shame in others. Some games are just not meant to be on a handheld console.

And Volke..Square Enix say alot of things..and alot of the time it means crap all. Especially with regards to release dates. Now Im sure there is alot of people that understand where Im coming from there! And dont worry, this is just meant to be a gentle discussion. Not a war on whos right and whos wrong. All is speculation.

gamespro Posted at: 10:27 Feb18 2009 Post ID: 2549024
gamespro
+
+
On 18-Feb-2009 Mr_darkside said:If they ever did it would mostly be on the PSP or DS as all the remake seems to be on them instead of the PS3 which is stupid lol
While it would be great if they were to remake it I'd even be happy if they just increased the resolution of the original and make it available for purchase on PSN.

« Last edited by gamespro on Feb 18th 2009 »

sig by Vasco
Volke Posted at: 14:36 Feb18 2009 Post ID: 2549235
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Mr_Darkside - I'm not sure that would be a great idea. It would never appear on the DS as it previously appeared on a Sony console. The PSP isn't what I'd call popular, and if it was re-released on the PSP, it wouldn't get as much sales as it would if it were released on the PS3.

Balthiersbit - Wouldn't know myself. I only follow things like release dates if it's a game I really want. And I haven't followed up a Square-Enix game for years.
Mr_darkside Posted at: 15:15 Feb18 2009 Post ID: 2549262
Mr_darkside
+
+
I didnt say it would be a good idea, even I wouldn't want it on the PSP and it would be worse on the DS like they did with FF12-RW and the remake of 3. If they just did them all on the PS3 they would make loads of money and isnt that the point of a bussiness? Plus it would make new fans that watched the movie also.

But what I always say about a remake of FF7 is never say never!
Displaying Page 3 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close