Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Ruby

Signature Moves

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 6 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 10:46 Feb04 2007 Post ID: 1340654
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
+
Aerial Ace is still probably better since WAY more pokemon can learn it, it's fun to put it on Sceptile to use against other grass types XD

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Volke Posted at: 10:50 Feb04 2007 Post ID: 1340675
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
On 04-Feb-2007 imaloony8.0 said:Aerial Ace is still probably better since WAY more pokemon can learn it, it's fun to put it on Sceptile to use against other grass types XD
Sceptile should only be used as a staller or a special attacker. Putting physical moves on him is a bad idea in competitive play.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 14:50 Feb04 2007 Post ID: 1341647
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
^Not entierly true, his attack power is surprisingly above average and he's a swiss army knife of a pokemon, you can put most attacks on him and he'll own with them.I hate staller Sceptile, waste of a perfectly good pokemon.

boney100 Posted at: 11:34 Feb05 2007 Post ID: 1343324
boney100
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
On 05-Jan-2007 Aeon-Flux said:Groudon: Eruption

I'll edit later for more.
I thought camerupt could learn eruption?
I left, but now i may be back... confused? you should be.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 11:59 Feb05 2007 Post ID: 1343369
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
I already cleared that up...

Volke Posted at: 12:42 Feb05 2007 Post ID: 1343431
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Camerupt and Torkoal both learn Eruption, although I wouldn't advise you use it on them since they're so slow and will probably (definately in Torkoal's case) be attacked first, meaning they'll need a miracle to hit the opponent with the full blast. I wouldn't advise it on Groudon either, but for different reasons.

As for Sceptile, it would also be a waste to overload him with physical moves. His Attack is above average, yes, and he also learns a good physical movepool, that's true. But his Special Attack is much higher and it would be such a shame to see it go to waste. You'll probably be using Leaf Blade anyway, though, but a Special Attack set would be more ideal.

As for the stalling set, I don't like it due to his below average Defence, average Special Defence and average-ish HP. It makes him rely on his Speed alone, and for that he might as well do some special sweeping.
Fwank Posted at: 19:45 Feb05 2007 Post ID: 1344766
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
+
newsflash: he can't increase his SPA, he CAN learn swords dance

THE physical sweeper vs swampert and water walls
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 07:08 Feb06 2007 Post ID: 1345454
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
I plan to give my Secptile a thunder punch, balancing his attack and special attack skills, he'd be alot better if you hacked ice punch onto him.

Volke Posted at: 13:06 Feb06 2007 Post ID: 1345988
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Special Sceptile:

Leaf Blade
Thunder Punch
Hidden Power [Ice]
Crunch

He could also do Dragon Claw but would be bad in D/P because it become physical. Dragon moves are nothing special anyway...

And Fwank, he can do Swords Dance. But he doesn't have the defences to use Swords Dance enough and do some physical sweeping.
cyber_john3000 Posted at: 14:48 Feb06 2007 Post ID: 1346261
cyber_john3000
+
+
I have a different move set for Sceptile:

LeafBlade
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Thunder Punch

It's not that good actually but that's the one i use or change Thunder Punch with Aerial Ace/DC/etc...

Just A Bullet For My Valentine

[center]Special Thanks To Dark_Wolf_33 For The Great Sig
Fwank Posted at: 05:18 Feb07 2007 Post ID: 1347667
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
+
he has leech seed and he's pure grass, u can switch him in on rock slides and earthquakes, dance once and it'll be enough

speshtile is just as fragile as a normal one, and yeah i didn't mean to chuck it in such a sarcastic tone, it was more directed at anybody but you really, i'd know u'd know wat yer talking about, u know?
Master Volthawk Posted at: 10:38 Feb07 2007 Post ID: 1348047
Master Volthawk
Post Likes: 1
+
+
On 05-Feb-2007 Volke said:Camerupt and Torkoal both learn Eruption, although I wouldn't advise you use it on them since they're so slow and will probably (definately in Torkoal's case) be attacked first, meaning they'll need a miracle to hit the opponent with the full blast. I wouldn't advise it on Groudon either, but for different reasons.

As for Sceptile, it would also be a waste to overload him with physical moves. His Attack is above average, yes, and he also learns a good physical movepool, that's true. But his Special Attack is much higher and it would be such a shame to see it go to waste. You'll probably be using Leaf Blade anyway, though, but a Special Attack set would be more ideal.

As for the stalling set, I don't like it due to his below average Defence, average Special Defence and average-ish HP. It makes him rely on his Speed alone, and for that he might as well do some special sweeping.
Torkoal can't learn Eruption. Only Groudon and Camerupt can.

Sceptile is better with Sp. Attacks than Physical, yes. But Aerial Ace is still good for him.
*smithy* Posted at: 10:40 Feb07 2007 Post ID: 1348050
*smithy*
+
+
torkoal can learn eruption you have to breed with a camerupt

its an egg move or something like that
Volke Posted at: 12:27 Feb07 2007 Post ID: 1348176
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 07-Feb-2007 Master Volthawk said:Torkoal can't learn Eruption. Only Groudon and Camerupt can.

Sceptile is better with Sp. Attacks than Physical, yes. But Aerial Ace is still good for him.
He does, although I can't remember if it's by level or an egg move, but it's certainly in his total movepool. I remember noticing it when I used him on Netbattle once (although I had the sense to give him something better).
Master Volthawk Posted at: 19:06 Feb08 2007 Post ID: 1351830
Master Volthawk
+
+
I mean by leveling up, he can't. Through breeding, yes, but I was refering to leveling up, as I did throughout this thread. It's just my nature that I don't include Egg moves sometimes.
cyber_john3000 Posted at: 02:04 Feb09 2007 Post ID: 1352404
cyber_john3000
+
+
I never bother an egg move's...but if i wanted too i can..like for Kingdra..he can't learn DB by leveling up...just breeding.

Just A Bullet For My Valentine

[center]Special Thanks To Dark_Wolf_33 For The Great Sig
Volke Posted at: 12:49 Feb09 2007 Post ID: 1353037
Volke
Executioner
+
+
It doesn't matter if it's an egg move, you shouldn't give Eruption to Torkoal and you should get a gold medal for time wasting if you bothered to breed for it.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 13:59 Feb09 2007 Post ID: 1353228
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
But for some pokemon like Manectric, Breeding in very nessisary.

Master Volthawk Posted at: 15:08 Feb09 2007 Post ID: 1353530
Master Volthawk
+
+
Volke: True. Flamethrower is much easier to get and better overall than Eruption.

imaloony: Yeah, Crunch for Manectric, and I like giving DragonBreath to Kingdra, etc.
Volke Posted at: 07:13 Feb10 2007 Post ID: 1355485
Volke
Executioner
+
+
imaloony8.0 - Even though Raichu is still way better even if you do breed Manectric for a better moveset. And Raichu CAN be found in Pok�mon Ruby too, (well, Pikachu can, but unless I've remebered incorrectly you can find a Thunder Stone easily) so why use Manectric?

Master Volthawk - Yes, so is Fire Blast if you want to think of competitive play. Although PP Ups are advised there since Torkoal will want to stay in battle for as long as possible. Although I prefer to use Body Slam and Rock Slide most of the time since I use Curse on it. Eruption would be good on fast Fire types such as Charizard, Typhlosion etc..., but unfortunately none of them learn it. And even though Kingdra can get Dragonbreath through breeding, Ice Beam is still stronger than his Dragonbreath even though he does get Dragonbreath STAB. And Ice Beam is far more useful. If you want to go for a Dragon move that will surpass Ice Beam's power due to STAB, then try for Hidden Power [Dragon] with at least 65 base power. Even then I would just advise Substitute and something else that helps hime stall, along with Surf and Ice Beam of course.
Displaying Page 6 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close