Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Need help on mastering a character

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
neometalsonic Posted at: 20:06 Sep13 2007 Post ID: 1912020
neometalsonic
Post Likes: 0
+
+
On 09-Sep-2007 TWILIGHT LINK said:I think you mean "Wavedash?"

And, he seems to fight better against one opponent than 2 or 3. I'd suppose it's true. But I don't know.

My strategy, if I feel like using Fox would be to move alot. Run to your opponent and kick them, use the Fox Illusion, and use the Blaster for long ranged attacks. When they are high on damage, run up as fast as you can, then dp your smash up A. You will send them high in the air. Your smash side A should do just as well.

Try these, and let me know if they help you out any.
there is also such thing as wave-shine. its where u shine(aka reflector) then wave-dash right out of it.
sparta Posted at: 20:18 Sep13 2007 Post ID: 1912047
sparta
+
+
On 13-Sep-2007 Twilight Knight said:As for head on, that's Gannon's job. Young Link, Fox, maybe Falco, Captian Falcon, and... Well, they are the fastest charecters in the game. Samus is pretty well same as Link, a little weaker. Their moves are a lot the same if you think about it. I can't do as well with Fox because my fighting style is head-on fighting. Fox will hit you up a whole bunch but one hit from Link will do as much as three hits from Fox.
TwilighKnight, I have a question for you! Do you think I made a good decision picking Ness, Fox, and Roy as my preferred fighters? Like I said, my fighting style is speed and aerial attacks. I just cant do head-on fighting well (not a good button-masher.). You seem pretty knowaledgable about which characters would fit a persons fighting style. And anyone else can answers this question too... not just TwilightKnight. A little more about my style is in... an earlier post from today, Sept. 13, in this thread. Thanks for all help.
Currently: Offline

[SIZE=12][color=maroon]Thank you for the Sig TP![/SIZE][/color]

Take a look at my Team!!! =D
Join Edge's team!!!
No.1 team, twilight prince!!!!
Twilight Knight Posted at: 20:57 Sep13 2007 Post ID: 1912110
Twilight Knight
Forum GuestMember
+
+
All right, Ness is not one of the top ten for me, but maybe you can have better luck; I got no idea about him. For you style, I say Fox, Falco maybe, Young link, and Dk (belive it or not). Roy is defenitly not the aerial kinda guy. I say he is more front up attacker that just hits non stop. Marth is better for that though, I guess Roy is more of a powerful kind of Marth. have I made any sense? I'm going to stop now...
Changed my account to Days of Ragnarok.
sparta Posted at: 21:18 Sep13 2007 Post ID: 1912149
sparta
+
+
On 13-Sep-2007 Twilight Knight said:All right, Ness is not one of the top ten for me, but maybe you can have better luck; I got no idea about him. For you style, I say Fox, Falco maybe, Young link, and Dk (belive it or not). Roy is defenitly not the aerial kinda guy. I say he is more front up attacker that just hits non stop. Marth is better for that though, I guess Roy is more of a powerful kind of Marth. have I made any sense? I'm going to stop now...
You made perfectly great sense! Okay, i'll try my hand at those characters. Thank you for your help, I was right you are a great adviser for styles. Alright then, thank you muchly and good nite till tomarrow. Sorry, but have to get up early. When I get the chance , i'll tell how things turn out with them. Smile

« Last edited by sparta on Sep 14th 2007 »

Join Edge's team!!!
TWILIGHT LINK Posted at: 13:52 Sep14 2007 Post ID: 1912707
TWILIGHT LINK
Post Likes: 2
+
+
You sound like you are getting alot better. I would love to see a video of your game play.Smile

Credit for Sig & Avy goes to Yogi_Bear
sparta Posted at: 15:21 Sep14 2007 Post ID: 1912898
sparta
+
+
On 14-Sep-2007 TWILIGHT LINK said:You sound like you are getting alot better. I would love to see a video of your game play.Smile
You think so? Thanks!Smile I have alot of time to get practice in now! (The Weekwnd is here! Finally!) I already played about 20 minutes of it, just now quit for a while. I'm amazed about how much better im with Fox now. You can tell me if I use him right. When I fight with him, I always start off with either a Fox illusion or Firefox (varies from opponent im fighting.) to do the first hit. From then on I dodge, look for openings (like failed grabs, taunts and things of the like) then go in for a combo. If they are fast fighters, I bring aerial attacks into play. My absolute faverite way to fight fast opponents is aerial attacks. Thats pretty much it. Oh, and I got his speed under control I think, it was hard starting out, but now that im good with the running I like it.Smile

« Last edited by sparta on Sep 14th 2007 »

Join Edge's team!!!
TWILIGHT LINK Posted at: 09:47 Sep15 2007 Post ID: 1914509
TWILIGHT LINK
+
+
I think that sounds about right. That's better than I can do.lol

I like to do alot of running kicks, and that stuff.

Keep practising, and good luck. You are doing great.Thumbs Up

kh2 man1 Posted at: 16:02 Sep15 2007 Post ID: 1915445
kh2 man1
+
+
for fox this works with me if ur down by alot use ur up b move
I have failed^ so I am aether13
TWILIGHT LINK Posted at: 20:44 Sep15 2007 Post ID: 1915941
TWILIGHT LINK
+
+
Down, as in falling? Yeah, that would work.Whistle

Phillip Tyler Posted at: 20:49 Sep15 2007 Post ID: 1915953
Phillip Tyler
+
+
you thar
http://teams.supercheats.com/teams.php?tname=teamtyler
My PSN ID Is PhillipTy
Pokemon Pearl Friend Code 1633-5191-1083
TWILIGHT LINK Posted at: 20:52 Sep15 2007 Post ID: 1915957
TWILIGHT LINK
+
+
Yaeh. How about we talk in a team instead?Whistle

Phillip Tyler Posted at: 20:53 Sep15 2007 Post ID: 1915959
Phillip Tyler
+
+
ok min or yours
My PSN ID Is PhillipTy
TWILIGHT LINK Posted at: 20:54 Sep15 2007 Post ID: 1915962
TWILIGHT LINK
+
+
Hmmmmmmm..... It doesn't matter. Yours?

Phillip Tyler Posted at: 20:54 Sep15 2007 Post ID: 1915963
Phillip Tyler
+
+
ok clik on it

« Last edited by Phillip Tyler on Sep 15th 2007 »
My PSN ID Is PhillipTy
TWILIGHT LINK Posted at: 20:57 Sep15 2007 Post ID: 1915972
TWILIGHT LINK
+
+
I joined it.

((Back on topic.))

Phillip Tyler Posted at: 20:58 Sep15 2007 Post ID: 1915974
Phillip Tyler
+
+
ok your on
My PSN ID Is PhillipTy
sparta Posted at: 21:19 Sep15 2007 Post ID: 1916011
sparta
+
+
On 15-Sep-2007 kh2 man1 said:for fox this works with me if ur down by alot use ur up b move
B up is always a useful move! For getting back on stage or dealing damage, FireFox is a great move. And it saved me during event 51 more than once! I have another question now, for Fox again, when is the perfect time for some blaster spamming? I try to shoot it, but they usally get me and I end up in a combo... then I hit them with either firefox or a down areial move if I get launched upward, its my newly developed technique, does good damage if im overhead the opponent.

Join Edge's team!!!
TWILIGHT LINK Posted at: 22:04 Sep15 2007 Post ID: 1916061
TWILIGHT LINK
+
+
I was using Fax this morning, and I would recommend staying as far away as possible, and then shoot them. When they get up close, get away.

((You should join some teams, if you want to.))

sparta Posted at: 23:22 Sep15 2007 Post ID: 1916118
sparta
+
+
On 15-Sep-2007 TWILIGHT LINK said:I was using Fax this morning, and I would recommend staying as far away as possible, and then shoot them. When they get up close, get away.

((You should join some teams, if you want to.))
Ok, i'll go fit that in with my other techniques. Mind if I go off topic for one question? See, im still kinda new (Joined april 2, 2007) and im clueless on how teams work. I've read things about them, but still confused. Once I know what you do in them, i'd join one. And can you be in more than one also? >.> Disregard that question...

I joined the team in your siggy twilightlink. But, I guess back to topic before someone gets peeved. Fox's reflecter is a new question I thought about. What can it reflect? I know it can reflect elements (fire,ice,water,thunder etc.) but what about item that were thrown?

« Last edited by sparta on Sep 16th 2007 »

Join Edge's team!!!
TWILIGHT LINK Posted at: 12:31 Sep16 2007 Post ID: 1916808
TWILIGHT LINK
+
+
Thank you Sparta.Smile

The Reflector can reflect any projectile in the game. From A to Z. Thrown items/objects, shot projectiles, and energy projectiles.

If you get someone up with high enough damage, like in the hundreds, you can grab them, throw them down, and quickly activate your reflector. It'll knock them off to the side.

Displaying Page 3 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 536289

Post Top
Click to close