Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Need help on mastering a character

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
sparta Posted at: 15:16 Sep12 2007 Post ID: 1909711
sparta
Post Likes: 0
+
+
On 12-Sep-2007 TWILIGHT LINK said:Great to hear that you beat it. Congratulations Sparta.ApplauseApplauseThumbs UpThumbs Up You've taken a big step now. Great job.

Like what TK said, if you master Link well enough, you can find a way to make Link give atleast 70 some percent in one good combo. It's really good. It's kinda hard to do, but you can do it. I know you can.Thumbs Up If I can get around to it, I'll make a video of the combo for you. But, I'll tell you what it is.

1. Grab them, and throw them down.

2. Do the Smash A Up, on the ground to do those three slashes. (The normal Up A should work too. If it doesn't, just do Smash Up A.)

3. Snap the Stick down, for the Smash Sweep attack he does on both sides of him.

4. Then, you do your x2 Side Smash A Attack.

5. Then, you could try for the run slash, and hit them up a little.

(The hardest part.)

6. If you can still keep up with them, great. Now, the final move is the Spin Attack. This will send them flying. You may not knock them out, but if manuevered correctly, you can get them near the hundreds, in a matter of a few seconds.

(Something I just thought of.)

7. Jump up in the air and do the Down Stab. That should knock them out.Thumbs Up

Good luck.
That sounds a bit difficult!Anxious I wonder if I can pull it off. But, i'll definitly try! And if you make a video... would you post the link here? They are alot of video sites... I would'nt know which one. (Im guessing YouTube?) I'd be pleased to no end if you made one, i'd really like to see that combo in action.Smile guess what! Thank you again! lol, sorry but people who help me will not go without a thanks, that is my policy. Oh, and if you have some Ness tips (mainly need to finish off using PSI magnet to its best.) i'd would not mind hearing them! Believe it or not, the event 51 is easy with Ness, mainly due to PSI magnet... I know it can asorb fire so giga boswer made a nice replnisher.Smile oh and TK, I tried out the reflector in training, it didn't work for me. But, your kinda right, why bother with it if you can take them down before then.Smile thanks for your help too.

« Last edited by sparta on Sep 12th 2007 »
Currently: Offline

[SIZE=12][color=maroon]Thank you for the Sig TP![/SIZE][/color]

Take a look at my Team!!! =D
Join Edge's team!!!
No.1 team, twilight prince!!!!
TWILIGHT LINK Posted at: 15:37 Sep12 2007 Post ID: 1909745
TWILIGHT LINK
Post Likes: 2
+
+
No problem. I'll make it for you as soon as I'm able to.Thumbs Up

lol That's fine.

Yeah, I'll send you the link. Also, you could look for SasukeGuardian. It'll be there when I get to making it.Thumbs Up

Credit for Sig & Avy goes to Yogi_Bear
Twilight Knight Posted at: 16:06 Sep12 2007 Post ID: 1909803
Twilight Knight
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I saw a video of TL playing one time. Can't rememer where though.

Good strategy. I start my combos about right at the fourth step of your strategy. I'm not as good as TL, I bet. I know this because it's a challenge for me to beat adventure mode on very hard with Link. Even if I beat it, it's with about three continues. I haven't gotten close to beating it with Fox.

« Last edited by Twilight Knight on Sep 12th 2007 »
Changed my account to Days of Ragnarok.
sparta Posted at: 18:12 Sep12 2007 Post ID: 1910037
sparta
+
+
On 12-Sep-2007 TWILIGHT LINK said:No problem. I'll make it for you as soon as I'm able to.Thumbs Up

lol That's fine.

Yeah, I'll send you the link. Also, you could look for SasukeGuardian. It'll be there when I get to making it.Thumbs Up
Is SasukeGuardian your user name? If so i'll have to check out your vids some time. Im sure you have lots of entertaining ones.Smile And to TwilightKnight, I can almost assure you that your WAY better than me at this game, I would like to fight TwilightLink, even though i'd be demolished is 5 secounds flat lol. Youd stand a better chance than me.Smile

Join Edge's team!!!
TWILIGHT LINK Posted at: 18:20 Sep12 2007 Post ID: 1910045
TWILIGHT LINK
+
+
lol I'm a little sloppy now. I've been trying to beat some other games, and I haven't played Melee in a while, and I'm a little sloppy. I taped the video, but it didn't quite work the way I planned. I'll probably have to have my brother help with this one. It's sometimes hard to get it to work.lol

I don't have many videos done. I only put up a few of them.-_-lol

sparta Posted at: 21:04 Sep12 2007 Post ID: 1910349
sparta
+
+
On 12-Sep-2007 TWILIGHT LINK said:lol I'm a little sloppy now. I've been trying to beat some other games, and I haven't played Melee in a while, and I'm a little sloppy. I taped the video, but it didn't quite work the way I planned. I'll probably have to have my brother help with this one. It's sometimes hard to get it to work.lol

I don't have many videos done. I only put up a few of them.-_-lol
Thats fine, you can take your time.Smile No rush. lol, I played it again tonite, and I actually pulled out the old 64 and super smash bros, just for a play with the old Fox n' Ness. I would put some videos up, if I could find the stuff needed for taping games... i'll try to find it soon. You might laugh and i'd probably get a bunch of 'u suck!' comments lol. I don't care though, im happy with the way I play, at least I think its good. Braggers never bother me either, like people who say 'im better at controlling them than you' and stuff. I would have fun posting some anyway. Post me some more tips or something, so I can read them when I wake up tomarrow. Thanks.

Join Edge's team!!!
TWILIGHT LINK Posted at: 21:06 Sep12 2007 Post ID: 1910351
TWILIGHT LINK
+
+
I will. I would like to see how you fight. And I wouldn't say, "You suck." I'd try and tell you some tips.

sparta Posted at: 21:17 Sep12 2007 Post ID: 1910366
sparta
+
+
On 12-Sep-2007 TWILIGHT LINK said:I will. I would like to see how you fight. And I wouldn't say, "You suck." I'd try and tell you some tips.
Good to know there is people who can swallow their pride and are nice to amatuers!Smile Your a nice person, thanks for more tips in future! I guess im not horriable at it... just not good at excuting combos... guarding is something I should work on.... and I don't use B moves all that often. Hmm, maybe there is hope. Maybe before mastering characters, I should work on combos and such? Alrite, im average I guess. Im kinda what you call not great, but not bad either lol. If you don't mind me asking TwilightLink, how good are you? Sounds like your one of the upper class players. If I find the things I need, i'll make you a video of a quick vs. match, 1 stock, lv. 9 cpu (If I can't get any people to play with.), using Ness, Roy, or Fox.

Join Edge's team!!!
Tornado212 Posted at: 21:26 Sep12 2007 Post ID: 1910380
Tornado212
+
+
*Is a master at using Fox and Link, especially*

If you're just starting with Fox, get used to using speed over power. Charging in directly full force isn't going to help you at all. What you need to do is rush in, land 4 or 5 blows, or two Fox illusions, if you can. Use short, small bursts of moves in succession, if you can. This is a great way to help you get started.

With Link however...

Link can take a few more blows than Fox can, due to his defense, and weight being a little higher. Spin attack, and Up-A are some of your best friends while using Link. Try to keep your opponents up in the air as long as you can. If you are knock high into the air, Down-A is the best move. Make sure you hit your target. Remember, the higher you use it, the more attack power. Grabs help a LOT when it comes to finishers. Jump and use down-b, spin attack, or grab, and your opponent is bound to go flying. Make use of Link's defense though, seeing as he can take some rather tough hits. Bombs are good for stallers, if there is an item you need, or if you want to make a quick getaway. These tips are useful for people just starting out, and if you get better, I can explain in better detail.

Also, if this post is tl;dr, then okay, that's cool too. I'm one of the upper-class players, as long as I can have Link, Fox, or Marth.
TwilightPrince Posted at: 21:28 Sep12 2007 Post ID: 1910384
TwilightPrince
+
+
On 12-Sep-2007 TWILIGHT LINK said:I will. I would like to see how you fight. And I wouldn't say, "You suck." I'd try and tell you some tips.
I would like to see how you fight TL.Anxious
.:Join My Team TwilightPrince:.

Credit to Me for Signature.
MSN:TwilightPrince_1234atHotmailcom
Twilight Knight Posted at: 21:49 Sep12 2007 Post ID: 1910408
Twilight Knight
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Heh, I'm above average and below upper-class. You and TL would kill me an about 20 seconds. I can't wait for WI-FI for Brawl to come so I can see how good I really am. I ain't really got any good human players to play with, so I do alot of the adventure and classic. I have so many Link trophysL o l

« Last edited by Twilight Knight on Sep 12th 2007 »
TwilightPrince Posted at: 22:07 Sep12 2007 Post ID: 1910432
TwilightPrince
+
+
On 12-Sep-2007 Twilight Knight said:Heh, I'm above average and below upper-class. You and TL would kill me an about 20 seconds. I can't wait for WI-FI for Brawl to come so I can see how good I really am. I ain't really got any good human players to play with, so I do alot of the adventure and classic. I have so many Link trophysL o l
God i just hope it does i want to fight you TK.Evil

Yeah your right we would kill you but in 10 seconds O.O

TWILIGHT LINK Posted at: 22:38 Sep12 2007 Post ID: 1910481
TWILIGHT LINK
+
+
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xao0mm9pFnY

There's a way earlier vid to hold you guys on for now.

NOTE: We may have improved since then. We'll try and get a new vid up and running for all of ya.Thumbs Up

GN

« Last edited by TWILIGHT LINK on Sep 12th 2007 »

TwilightPrince Posted at: 22:48 Sep12 2007 Post ID: 1910488
TwilightPrince
+
+
On 12-Sep-2007 TWILIGHT LINK said:http://youtube.com/watch?v=xao0mm9pFnY

There's a way earlier vid to hold you guys on for now.

NOTE: We may have improved since then. We'll try and get a new vid up and running for all of ya.Thumbs Up

GN
Cool thanks TL and goodnight.Speak to the hand(Datz a wave)

sparta Posted at: 22:57 Sep12 2007 Post ID: 1910491
sparta
+
+
TwilightLink... wow. That video was great. I REALLY got work to do. Alot. Good video, good video!Applause Ahh, I hope I can get good at this eventually. Well, guess its good night now, I stayed up a little to late.

Join Edge's team!!!
TwilightPrince Posted at: 23:15 Sep12 2007 Post ID: 1910496
TwilightPrince
+
+
Thats was great TL i'll try an upload mine i have one with fox & link there really awesome,goodnight Sparta.

TWILIGHT LINK Posted at: 06:39 Sep13 2007 Post ID: 1910670
TWILIGHT LINK
+
+
Smile Thank you guys. I'm glad you all liked it. The next one, I'll try to do better.

sparta Posted at: 16:44 Sep13 2007 Post ID: 1911601
sparta
+
+
On 12-Sep-2007 Tornado212 said:*Is a master at using Fox and Link, especially*

If you're just starting with Fox, get used to using speed over power. Charging in directly full force isn't going to help you at all. What you need to do is rush in, land 4 or 5 blows, or two Fox illusions, if you can. Use short, small bursts of moves in succession, if you can. This is a great way to help you get started.

With Link however...

Link can take a few more blows than Fox can, due to his defense, and weight being a little higher. Spin attack, and Up-A are some of your best friends while using Link. Try to keep your opponents up in the air as long as you can. If you are knock high into the air, Down-A is the best move. Make sure you hit your target. Remember, the higher you use it, the more attack power. Grabs help a LOT when it comes to finishers. Jump and use down-b, spin attack, or grab, and your opponent is bound to go flying. Make use of Link's defense though, seeing as he can take some rather tough hits. Bombs are good for stallers, if there is an item you need, or if you want to make a quick getaway. These tips are useful for people just starting out, and if you get better, I can explain in better detail.

Also, if this post is tl;dr, then okay, that's cool too. I'm one of the upper-class players, as long as I can have Link, Fox, or Marth.
Very long and informing post, thanks. I think I can get the hang of that... maybe. Sounds Fox may be more of my choice though, my fighting style is like the way you described... I like to dogde, jump and run, then do a little combo when I see an opening. Problem is, I did that with slow characters too. (Like Link.) I have to learn which characters are best to run and fight with, and which ones are best for head on fighting. Again, thanks fo some new styles I can try.Smile

Join Edge's team!!!
White_cobra Posted at: 19:28 Sep13 2007 Post ID: 1911953
White_cobra
+
+
ok what to do is play 2 player and have some one to keep them awy from you while you shoot your blaster and make their damage percent go up and then get them towards you and attackThumbs Up

sig thanx to TwilightPrince
I is Back!
FC-3050-9314-8552
Name-FLASH
Join my team please http://teams.supercheats.com/teams.php?tname=teamsmashbrossnapshots
Twilight Knight Posted at: 19:38 Sep13 2007 Post ID: 1911977
Twilight Knight
Forum GuestMember
+
+
As for head on, that's Gannon's job. Young Link, Fox, maybe Falco, Captian Falcon, and... Well, they are the fastest charecters in the game. Samus is pretty well same as Link, a little weaker. Their moves are a lot the same if you think about it. I can't do as well with Fox because my fighting style is head-on fighting. Fox will hit you up a whole bunch but one hit from Link will do as much as three hits from Fox.
Displaying Page 2 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 536289

Post Top
Click to close