Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

A new Reason to Stop Global Warming

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
hatershateme Posted: 01:17 Apr08 2009 Post ID: 2593109
hatershateme
Mr. Forum Games!
Post Likes: 4
+
My new reason is...Earth has provided the the things that we need to live. Without Earth, humans wouldn't live. without humans Earth would be lonely. But GOD put us on Earth, and made us ONLY live on Earth. With all that being said, since Earth help us Live, we should Help Earth live to or stay Normal. But the main source is China. Not the USA, or S.America, or Canada.

superbird5005 is Bae

Sig and Avy: Craizen

sphynxx said:Step aside people, Mr. forum games coming through. ;)

qwertyuio Posted: 01:31 Apr08 2009 Post ID: 2593111
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
Well this is really more D&D's home territory, but I'll throw in my opinion. Global warming, whether it be real or not, does need to be prevented. If it's false, it still needs to be healed, whether or not its going to get worse is not the problem, the problem is that we are already getting affected by it.The thing is, barely any people care because most don't think it will affect them. I fully admit that I am one of those people. We need something big to happen that will open everyone's eyes to the dangers of global warming. Not some ice cubes melting in the Alaska that nobody cares about, I'm talk some huge catastrophe. Something that will really scare people.

« Last edited by qwertyuio on Apr 8th 2009 »
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
hatershateme Posted: 01:36 Apr08 2009 Post ID: 2593114
hatershateme
Mr. Forum Games!
Post Likes: 4
+
Maybe this summer will open there eyes more, or just open them. It should be hotter than normal this year

superbird5005 is Bae

Sig and Avy: Craizen

sphynxx said:Step aside people, Mr. forum games coming through. ;)

Volke Posted: 10:00 Apr08 2009 Post ID: 2593209
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
Artificial Global Warming is a myth. The Earth's termperature naturally changes. Ice Ages didn't just stop happening 10,000 years ago because humans set up a campfire or two. The wolrd has supposedly been getting warmer naturally anyway, and humans only contribute to something like 0.7% of greenhouse gases joining the atmosphere. 99% of the atmospheric greenhouse gases are from volcanoes, and 0.3% or miscellaneous.

I'm not sure if those figures are completely correct, but they're definately similar.
kazualsk8r Posted: 19:51 Apr08 2009 Post ID: 2593809
kazualsk8r
aka Oatmeal
Post Likes: 3
+
I agree with Volke. Global warming has been widely disproved by scientists (read Michael Crichton's State of Fear). In keeping with hater's post, Christian scientists also have...what's the word I'm looking for...challenged the existence of major global warming.
Rip Betty white
coachcline Posted: 20:01 Apr08 2009 Post ID: 2593815
coachcline
Just call me Coach
Post Likes: 1
+
Global Warming is real, but who really knows what's causin' it. For all we know it could be because of all the people on Earth, people release CO2 when we exhale, maybe the 6 billion of us is too much. But it seems to me this past winter was a lot colder than most, hell, just a couple days ago it was snowin' and two days before that it was 70 to 80 degrees out. Now, it's a fact that we pollute the Earth, water & air pollution, from the chemicals and such we use in factories, plus since plants use CO2 to make oxygen, and where we cut so many trees down, plants can't take all the CO2 in sicne there aren't enough of them. But, as Volke said, who knows how much we really contribute to it, maybe another Ice Age is just past due and has to happen, we weren't around back then. My stance on it is it's probably natural, but I don't deny would could just be addin' fuel to the fire, so to speak. If retards like China and whoever invented the car in India that has absolutely no safety features that goes for $2500 would get their act together and change we could slack down on our emissions, and then we could find out if we're causin' it or not. If not, then oh well.

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
g33k Posted: 20:04 Apr08 2009 Post ID: 2593817
g33k
Mr. Lurker
Post Likes: 0
+
Global warming eh? Already D&D topics on the such...

Anyway not real. It was colder this year than the past couple years. I win.
Are you ready to meet GOD?

Thanks for the Avy goes to Tank! Sig by me.
Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Clicking this is bad for your brains.
kazualsk8r Posted: 20:07 Apr08 2009 Post ID: 2593823
kazualsk8r
aka Oatmeal
Post Likes: 3
+
Booya. Right there.
Hit da rock g33k.
Rip Betty white
City of Wonder Posted: 23:13 Apr08 2009 Post ID: 2593945
City of Wonder
+
Actually, the glaciers melting has been very well documented, and so has many species dying due to flooding (such as polar bears). Although polar bears are good swimmers and can swim up to 50 miles, they be stranded on a piece of ice over 200 miles from another piece, and, not realizing this, swim to their deaths and drown. In fact, now we've found polar bears mating with grizzly bears and creating hybrids. Scientists think the main reason for this is that the polar bear is breeding itself out of existence. It can't evolve and adapt fast enough to avoid global warming.

Anyway, I think global warming is a natural process, however humans have certainly accelerated the process in the past 200 years with our heavy industry. The overall temperatures have been increasing in the past 30 years. I personally think it's ice from the ice age melting, and in a few thousand years another one will start and freeze more water and then the cycle will repeat like it always has.
MSN: [email protected]

His Royal Highness Utterly Awesome CoW I, who rules over the City of Wonder, posted the last message of 2009 and is now known as Mootilator.
Volke Posted: 08:56 Apr09 2009 Post ID: 2594071
Volke
Executioner
+
On 08-Apr-2009 City of Wonder said:Actually, the glaciers melting has been very well documented, and so has many species dying due to flooding (such as polar bears). Although polar bears are good swimmers and can swim up to 50 miles, they be stranded on a piece of ice over 200 miles from another piece, and, not realizing this, swim to their deaths and drown. In fact, now we've found polar bears mating with grizzly bears and creating hybrids. Scientists think the main reason for this is that the polar bear is breeding itself out of existence. It can't evolve and adapt fast enough to avoid global warming.

Anyway, I think global warming is a natural process, however humans have certainly accelerated the process in the past 200 years with our heavy industry. The overall temperatures have been increasing in the past 30 years. I personally think it's ice from the ice age melting, and in a few thousand years another one will start and freeze more water and then the cycle will repeat like it always has.
I know glaciers are melting. I just think that artificial (human-caused) Global Warming is a myth. Most of it is due to volcanoes. I like your point about the Ice Age, though. Some scientists think Global Warming could indeed trigger a new Ice Age.
The Ultimate Cheater Posted: 14:06 Apr09 2009 Post ID: 2594237
The Ultimate Cheater
+
Wasn't it like Global Warming will eventually be the Earth's downfall...but not for like another 1000 or so years?

« Last edited by The Ultimate Cheater on Apr 9th 2009 »
g33k Posted: 15:21 Apr09 2009 Post ID: 2594311
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
On 08-Apr-2009 kazualsk8r said:Booya. Right there.
Hit da rock g33k.
Sorry, rocks tend to break fingers.
Are you ready to meet GOD?

Thanks for the Avy goes to Tank! Sig by me.
Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Clicking this is bad for your brains.
PhilXZ Posted: 15:25 Apr09 2009 Post ID: 2594323
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
+
Let's not point fingers at China and say it's not the US's fault. It's every country's fault that's not willing to switch to other energy sources. Europe has since the 1980s. America doesn't have it.
Brandon 2006 Posted: 21:48 Apr09 2009 Post ID: 2594893
Brandon 2006
+
Most of the global warming effects are really gonna hit earth hard in 100 years so it really doesn't affect me. I'll be dead and gone then anyways. It's that generation's problem, not mine.

^Created by Austinanymous

[email protected]
^add me on msn
City of Wonder Posted: 21:52 Apr09 2009 Post ID: 2594899
City of Wonder
+
Brandon, that's exactly what you're not supposed to think. We're supposed to try and fix these problems (as well as we can) and not pass them to the next generation carelessly. At least, that's what most people to say.
MSN: [email protected]

His Royal Highness Utterly Awesome CoW I, who rules over the City of Wonder, posted the last message of 2009 and is now known as Mootilator.
qwertyuio Posted: 22:16 Apr09 2009 Post ID: 2594914
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
^Agreed, its simply called being responsible and a good person.
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
goal machine Posted: 01:03 Apr10 2009 Post ID: 2595021
goal machine
+
Has anyone noticed how temperature naturally increases and decreases, in fact in some countries, the increase in temperature has slowed down in the past few years. And also how are we meant to stop it(if it is real) when theres countries like china, who can't even see stars at night because of all their pollution?!
superblobby Posted: 05:25 Apr10 2009 Post ID: 2595047
superblobby
Please Don't Stop The Banter
Post Likes: 21
+
On 08-Apr-2009 hatershateme said:My new reason is...Earth has provided the the things that we need to live. Without Earth, humans wouldn't live. without humans Earth would be lonely. But GOD put us on Earth, and made us ONLY live on Earth. With all that being said, since Earth help us Live, we should Help Earth live to or stay Normal. But the main source is China. Not the USA, or S.America, or Canada.
God didn't make us for shat. In my opninion, so don't talk like all that's fact, thanks.
England; time setters for the entire world.
Volke Posted: 08:09 Apr10 2009 Post ID: 2595114
Volke
Executioner
+
On 09-Apr-2009 Brandon 2006 said:Most of the global warming effects are really gonna hit earth hard in 100 years so it really doesn't affect me. I'll be dead and gone then anyways. It's that generation's problem, not mine.
Yes, but it's this generation that will cause it (if it's real), so it is our problem.
Brandon 2006 Posted: 20:56 Apr10 2009 Post ID: 2595612
Brandon 2006
+
On 10-Apr-2009 Volke said:Yes, but it's this generation that will cause it (if it's real), so it is our problem.
It's not that I try to pollute, but I'm not gonna stop doing stuff I already do to help prevent it. I'll drive whatever car I want, if it guzzles gas and pollutes then whatever, if I like the way it looks and handles I'll drive it. I won't turn off my lights for an hour just to support this earth day bullshit.

^Created by Austinanymous

[email protected]
^add me on msn
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 307053

Post Top
Click to close