Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Final Fantasy XII

Getting the Zodiac Escutcheon from Barheim Passage - GUARANTEED

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

FF12GrandMaster Posted at: 00:23 May07 2009 Post ID: 2614702
FF12GrandMaster
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Well you have had the Zodiac Spear method so I thought you may as well have the Zodiac Escutcheon too and this is a LOT easier than the Zodiac Spear because the item percentage is 60% which means a lot more patterns will work and you don't have to wait for a 5 hit combo though that will still work.

At the end of this post will be a vid you go to where you can see me getting a Zodiac Escutcheon from the Barheim Passage. It may look quite complicated as to how I got it but I had to do certains things in order to achieve the right location in a specific pattern. There are many of these patterns and I will list them all here but first I'll explain yuour basic set up.

I had one character (Vaan) with a Ribbon and another (Balthier) with the diamond armlet. I have to say that this Zodiac Escutcheon chest is a pig to spawn as early RNG patterns just do not sem to like it. You are going to have to hope that it spawns fast when you want it to. I tried it entering the zone normally, hitting myself once, twice and three times. It is still tough to spawn. In the vid I hit myself 3 times before entering and it produces a combo. The chest was there so hopefully if you get a combo when hitting yourself before entry that it will be there for you too.

Ok, on entry I cast immobilise on Balthier and then made my way to the Zodiac Escutcheon chest using the Immobilise Glitch to clear all enemies along the way. When you get to the dead end passage where the chest is, first check to see if the chest is there. There are 2 chests in one spot. Walk up to it and if it flashes 'Treasure' quickly then you know both are there. The ZE chest will be the first one you open. Use the glitch to clear remaining enemies but don't go all the way back to the chest or the glitched enemies respawn. Put the immobilised character back in the reserves, go back to the screen and then switch characters. You are now ready to begin hitting yourself. But what are you looking for? Study the following patterns and watch for them. Because the RNG can move a little they may not be exact but if you get a (say) 2 hit combo on the 27th hit then it is likely the 2 @ 26 pattern so work from that. If you get (say) a 3 hit after 21 hits then it is likely the 3 @ 23 pattern because there is no 3 hit combo at 21 hits. All subsequent combo mostly stick to the pattern with the odd exception. So here is what you are looking for and what you must do when you get certain patterns. Please remember to turn your gambits off during the final combo. If your character hits themself again you will lose your shield.

a) 3 hit combo after 23 hits - Continue - 4 hit combo after 29 more hits - Continue - 5 hit combo after 28 more hits - Open chest and get Zodiac Escutcheon

b) 4 hit combo after 56 hits - Continue - 5 hit combo after 28 more hits - Open chest and get Zodiac Escutcheon.

c) 5 hit combo after 82-86 hits - Open chest and get Zodiac Escutcheon.

d) 2 hit combo after 26 hits - Cast Curaga - 4 hit combo after 27 more hits - Continue - 5 hit combo after 28 more hits - Open chest and get Zodiac Escutcheon.

e) 3 hit combo after 33-36 hits - Cast Curaga TWICE - 5 hit combo after 48 more hits - Open chest and get Zodiac Escutcheon.

f) 2 hit combo after 21 hits - Cast Curaga - 3 hit combo after 41 more hits - Cast Curaga - 4 hit combo after 7 hits - Continue - 2 hit combo after 2 more hits - Open chest and get Zodiac Escutcheon.

g) 2 hit combo after 18 hits - Cast Curaga - 4 hit combo after 56 hits - Continue - 5 hit combo after 28 hits - Open chest and get Zodiac Escutcheon.

h) 2 hit combo after 18 hits - Cast Curaga - 3 hit combo after 21-23 hits - Continue - 4 hit combo after 29 more hits - Continue - 5 hit combo after 28 more hits - Open chest and get Zodiac Escutcheon.

i) 2 hit combo after 18-20 hits - Cast Curaga - 3 hit combo after 21-23 hits - Continue - 2 hit combo after 37 more hits - Cast Curaga - 2 hit combo after 9 more hits - Open chest and get Zodiac Escutcheon.

j) 4 hit combo after 4 hits - Continue - 2 hit combo after 10 more hits - Cast Curaga - 3 hit combo after 41 more hits - Cast Curaga - 4 hit combo after 7 more hits - Continue - 2 hit combo after 2 more hits - Open chest and get Zodiac Escutcheon.

k) 3 hit combo after 56-63 hits (approx) - Cast Curaga - 4 hit combo after 7 more hits - Continue - 2 hit combo after 2 more hits - Open chest and get Zodiac Escutcheon.

If you come across any different patterns please let me know because I may have missed them or they could be one of the patterns here but a little further along the RNG pattern. Remember, if you don't see an exact pattern then look for one that is very close and take the appropriate action. If I find any other info I will let you know as soon as I get it.

Good luck!

Zodiac Escutcheon Vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihV3oILLSU8
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Vasco Posted at: 12:10 May07 2009 Post ID: 2614929
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
+
Another amazing find. Will try it soon, along with the other.

I can't seem to find the Immobilise Glitch though, do you happen to have a link to some site explaining it?

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
balthiersbit Posted at: 17:21 May07 2009 Post ID: 2615071
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
+
Oh I remember that glitch kind of. Its where you have to immobilise someone then make them the party leader than switch back blah blah. But I think It was in Gen Chat and you know how many pages they have there. Id just hope FF12GM comes back to explain.

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

FF12GrandMaster Posted at: 23:29 May07 2009 Post ID: 2615238
FF12GrandMaster
Forum GuestMember
+
+
The immobilise glich is fairly easy. All you do is immobilise one character and then run off with the other one. Once the immobilised character is off the map the glitch will work. As you approach enemies, switch the party leader to the immobilised character and then back again. All enemies will have gone but they will reappear once you leave that portion of the map where they spawn. It's a great way to move unmolested and is a big help in LLG's when in the Henne Mines.

In the zodiac spear vid I used niho + chronos tear to put a character under stop because I didn't know if magick would affect the RNG. Now I know you are ok so use immobilise on a character and then begin your run. You will have plenty of time to get there. Watch the vid carefully and you'll see the glitch working.
Vasco Posted at: 09:10 May08 2009 Post ID: 2615444
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
+
+
Ah, that will be extremely useful, thank you!

Will be trying it today. Since I won't have my PS2 with me, I'll try it with my PS3.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
FF12GrandMaster Posted at: 19:28 May08 2009 Post ID: 2615772
FF12GrandMaster
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 08-May-2009 Vasco said:Ah, that will be extremely useful, thank you!

Will be trying it today. Since I won't have my PS2 with me, I'll try it with my PS3.
Someone has already tried this with a PS3 and I am sorry to say that it appears to be different. They got the 5 hit combo 3 times but twice it produced gil. The other time though it did produce a ribbon. They also said that they weren't getting the combo patterns that I had got. Sorry, but you may be out of luck with the PS3 and have to wait until you get back to your PS2. Doh
Vasco Posted at: 09:25 May09 2009 Post ID: 2616146
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
+
+
I was about to post how it didn't work, haha Smile

I tried the Zodiac Spear method, though. The combos were always different.

Well, I just have to wait a few more days to get my PS2 Smile

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close