Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Who thinks twilight SUCKS???

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Previous | Next
02 Dissociative. Posted: 09:12 Jul11 2009 Post ID: 2671062
02 Dissociative.
Post Likes: 0
+
On 09-Jul-2009 tegan41 said:Actually, it isn't the end of the series. There is supposed to be a new book coming out. Midnight Sun or something like that. And no, it definitely wasn't greater than the Harry Potter series.
Midnight Sun isn't being made, according to SMeyer. It was leaked and so she decided to stop writing it indefinately.

Signature by Vasco.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
02 Dissociative. Posted: 09:12 Jul11 2009 Post ID: 2671063
02 Dissociative.
+
On 09-Jul-2009 tegan41 said:You are welcome, this book is okay for romance loving girls, but sucks for any other type of reader.
Oh, really, then how come I enjoyed it?

I do not understand why people hate it so much. There's no reason. It's a very decent series. It's like it's the 'in' thing to hate Twilight or something.

Signature by Vasco.
02 Dissociative. Posted: 09:20 Jul11 2009 Post ID: 2671068
02 Dissociative.
+
On 08-Jul-2009 tegan41 said:The movie wasn't even that good, Twilight is probably the stupidest series ever written. I read the first one to see what I am hating and I hated it. The first paragraph told what she was wearing for pete's sake. And I swear, Bella tried to get some throughtout the hole thing, it was desperate.
The first paragraph told what she was wearing for pete's sake.

Wait, what? You have a problem with a book being descriptive? I lol'd.

Signature by Vasco.
pwnthemonkeys Posted: 18:01 Jul11 2009 Post ID: 2671298
pwnthemonkeys
Village idiot
Post Likes: 5
+
I just hate it simply because vampires have died off years ago hell it went almost as quickly as the zombie movie genre.Then again this is the book forum,but also this is a book aimed for teen-aged girls.That's why they didn't care for Cedric in HP also because he showed up to late when the HP movie series died from being to boring.
There was a sig here, it's gone now.
CyberneticMooninite Posted: 18:38 Jul11 2009 Post ID: 2671335
CyberneticMoon
inite
Post Likes: 1
+
It's not the 'in' thing to hate Twilight, it's the 'smart' thing. Or maybe it's because I'm not the target audience of the books. Well I actually can't think of any of my friends who like these books, target audience or not. People hate it because of the fact that it isn't a decent series. Things are hated when they are bad. It clearly can't be decent if so many people hate it.
Meh.
02 Dissociative. Posted: 06:40 Jul14 2009 Post ID: 2673941
Dissociative.
+
No, that's the thing. It is decent.

People only hate it because it's so popular, and nearly all the people who profess their hate for it have never even read it.

That is a fact.

Signature by Vasco.
Black Mamba 19 Posted: 15:00 Jul14 2009 Post ID: 2674563
Black Mamba 19
+
Tegan did, and he hated it. He described things I hate in books that were put in Twilight, so I know it sucks for a fact.

Great new sig and avy from Eternal_Rage! Holy crap it's finally coming, MASS EFFECT 2.

CyberneticMooninite Posted: 22:59 Jul14 2009 Post ID: 2675111
CyberneticMoon
inite
+
People only hate it because it's popular? If people hate something, then it isn't popular. >_> Why would I want to read something that I haven't heard a good thing about except from 14 year old girls and you? Also, that isn't fact. It's lies. I hadn't even heard of the damn books until there was a movie, so it can't be as popular as you think it is.
Meh.
02 Dissociative. Posted: 03:40 Jul15 2009 Post ID: 2675282
Dissociative.
+
On 14-Jul-2009 CyberneticMooninite said:People only hate it because it's popular? If people hate something, then it isn't popular. >_> Why would I want to read something that I haven't heard a good thing about except from 14 year old girls and you? Also, that isn't fact. It's lies. I hadn't even heard of the damn books until there was a movie, so it can't be as popular as you think it is.
No, it's not popular at all... it's only... everywhere. The front display at every book shop.

Signature by Vasco.
02 Dissociative. Posted: 03:40 Jul15 2009 Post ID: 2675283
Dissociative.
+
On 14-Jul-2009 Black Mamba 19 said:Tegan did, and he hated it. He described things I hate in books that were put in Twilight, so I know it sucks for a fact.
Oh, is your opinion fact? That must be a cool gift.

Signature by Vasco.
CyberneticMooninite Posted: 04:15 Jul15 2009 Post ID: 2675288
CyberneticMoon
inite
+
His opinion isn't fact but yours is? Like I said, I hadn't heard of the blasted books nor have I seen them since I've heard of them. Also, what terrible book shops do you go to? Then again, I don't look at the store front since they never have the type of books I read, but still.
Meh.
tegan41 Posted: 09:30 Jul15 2009 Post ID: 2675366
tegan41
Matt
Post Likes: 6
+
Me either, these books might be popular but that is one of the main reasons people hate them. It makes me sick thinking about how popular four books got pretty much over night because a bunch of girls like Robert Pattenson, a.k.a. edward. They didn't even notice him in HP but Twilight, ohhh, let's go throw a party. The only bit in Twilight that I liked was at the very end when the fight scene, ohh and, when it ended.
02 Dissociative. Posted: 18:01 Jul15 2009 Post ID: 2675999
Dissociative.
+
On 15-Jul-2009 CyberneticMooninite said:His opinion isn't fact but yours is? Like I said, I hadn't heard of the blasted books nor have I seen them since I've heard of them. Also, what terrible book shops do you go to? Then again, I don't look at the store front since they never have the type of books I read, but still.
Terrible bookshops? Oh, yeah, several of the largest bookshop chains in Australia are pretty terrible, I must say.

/sarcasm

Signature by Vasco.
CyberneticMooninite Posted: 19:27 Jul16 2009 Post ID: 2677025
CyberneticMoon
inite
+
They have would have to be then. The biggest bookshops here have nothing in plain sight about those books.
Meh.
02 Dissociative. Posted: 19:46 Jul16 2009 Post ID: 2677063
Dissociative.
+
Oh, so a bookshop that has big displays of Twilight out the front is automatically a bad one now?

I'm done. Seriously. You persistently make yourself sound like an un-developed 12 yr old with mild retardation.

Signature by Vasco.
Prod1gy X Posted: 23:34 Jul16 2009 Post ID: 2677343
Prod1gy X
+
Tegan is exactly right by the reactions of girls I know who like Twilight.They just come to see the hot guys and romance,nothing more.The action scenes were just like for extras who were fans of romance and action but the only reason it was a big blockbuster was just as I said,to see the the muscles and packs.

Dissociative,we all get you like the Twilight series but face it,the people who posted on here didnt like Twilight much and just hated it was popular cuz of the romance and looks and as for my opinion,why dont they put in ugly characters for new moon then we'll see how the 'fans' will react and prove that the series was just a fake full of passion of looks.

[center][center]
[b][color=black]MSN: [email protected][/b]

If you cant read it you are blind Speak to the hand
superbird5005 Posted: 10:49 Jul17 2009 Post ID: 2677667
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
Post Likes: 5
+
Look...we don't have a problem with you liking Twilight, we are just pointing out the bad parts of the book....it's flaws. The only reason people liked the book was Edward. The book made him "so dreamy....perfect" He is so ugly. Who cares? Worry about the plot. I hate it as much.
badass
Hatershateme is forever bae
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

02 Dissociative. Posted: 17:09 Jul17 2009 Post ID: 2677932
Dissociative.
+
You're still disregarding sense.

You say the only reason people liked the book was for Edward, when I've already said that I liked it, ansd for different reasons.

Signature by Vasco.
Black Mamba 19 Posted: 20:33 Jul17 2009 Post ID: 2678036
Black Mamba 19
+
The only reason the book became "popular" as you would say is because it was aimed at an audience of adolescent girls who have nothing better to do then talk and text about it. That is the only reason Twilight won those awards, and the only reason it is even known.

Great new sig and avy from Eternal_Rage! Holy crap it's finally coming, MASS EFFECT 2.

02 Dissociative. Posted: 00:04 Jul18 2009 Post ID: 2678183
Dissociative.
+
Yes, I'll agree with who the target audience is.

Signature by Vasco.
Displaying Page 3 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close