Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Heart Gold

Starter pokemon in the wild

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Pokemonhacker68 Posted at: 21:13 Jun21 2009 Post ID: 2652485
Pokemonhacker68
Post Likes: 1
+
+
I think its a great idea. I think it would a great feature to the games.
I play Pokemon SoulSilver, want my friend code?
4254 8066 1536

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Traffic Monger Posted at: 21:27 Jun21 2009 Post ID: 2652528
Traffic Monger
ヽ( ´ー `)ノ
Post Likes: 0
+
+
The only game that did that was Yellow. The creators intended for you to have to trade with people in order to get the starters, legends and whatnot. If they made starters and legends all available in one game copy, trading would essentially become obsolete, Pokemon wouldn't be far off from becoming a one-player game.

Signature credit goes to .Impact.

Skype - Shadezz80
ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 00:21 Jun22 2009 Post ID: 2652622
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
+
actually u had to earn the starters.but yea starters in teh wild is a no no.

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

Volke Posted at: 08:50 Jun22 2009 Post ID: 2652752
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
I always thought it was a good idea to have them all in one game. In Yellow I enjoyed having both Charizard and Venusaur on the same team (although not being able to evolve Pikachu was annoying). Things I've never liked about trading pokemon is the boosted experience growth and the lack of obedience before you obtain certain badges.
coachcline Posted at: 17:44 Jun22 2009 Post ID: 2653202
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
+
I could maybe see like a one shot deal on the other two (like there's only 1 & it's in a certain place & has its own overworld sprite like a legendary does. But bein' able to find more than 1 is defeats the purpose of tradin'. Possibly even have a side mission & then you get to pick only 1 of the other 2 so you'd still have to trade for the other one.

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
nintendo dude Posted at: 15:52 Jun23 2009 Post ID: 2653811
nintendo dude
+
+
Maybe you would have to complete a tough mission (getting 100 straight wins at the battle tower, win all master contests, etc.) to get them.
I'm done here. Living over at thepurplecube.org as n.d. if you wanna say hi.
Aesthetic Posted at: 22:59 Jun23 2009 Post ID: 2654057
Aesthetic
+
+
On 23-Jun-2009 nintendo dude said:Maybe you would have to complete a tough mission (getting 100 straight wins at the battle tower, win all master contests, etc.) to get them.
That is a good idea :3
But I still think that would be too easy :P
Trading should be the only way to get other starters.
(Besides using an AR)
Pertaining to a sense of the beautiful or to the science of aesthetics. <3
Please help me :O
Volke Posted at: 10:29 Jun24 2009 Post ID: 2654281
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 22-Jun-2009 coachcline said:I could maybe see like a one shot deal on the other two (like there's only 1 & it's in a certain place & has its own overworld sprite like a legendary does. But bein' able to find more than 1 is defeats the purpose of tradin'. Possibly even have a side mission & then you get to pick only 1 of the other 2 so you'd still have to trade for the other one.
Trading still has a purpose - pokemon such as Alakazam, Gengar and friends that can only be obtained by trading.

Only being able to obtain one isn't a bad idea, but I think it all depends in the starters of the generation. For example, in the Kanto games, it's fine to only be able to obtain two since Blastoise was completely outclassed by other Water pokemon in the games, such as Vaporeon, Starmie and Poliwrath, and therefore it wouldn't matter if you couldn't obtain him. However, in the Sinnoh games, all three starters are great pokemon.

Then again, this is coming from someone who has thought trading was a bad idea since the beginning.
Pokemonhacker68 Posted at: 13:22 Jun25 2009 Post ID: 2655726
Pokemonhacker68
+
+
On 24-Jun-2009 Volke said:Trading still has a purpose - pokemon such as Alakazam, Gengar and friends that can only be obtained by trading.

Only being able to obtain one isn't a bad idea, but I think it all depends in the starters of the generation. For example, in the Kanto games, it's fine to only be able to obtain two since Blastoise was completely outclassed by other Water pokemon in the games, such as Vaporeon, Starmie and Poliwrath, and therefore it wouldn't matter if you couldn't obtain him. However, in the Sinnoh games, all three starters are great pokemon.

Then again, this is coming from someone who has thought trading was a bad idea since the beginning.
Well turtwig, isnt such a great starter in sinnoh.
More on topic, hopefully that they can put starters in the wild. Maybe you get one from the beggining, get one when you finish the elite 4 and maybe another one when you complete the natinol dex or pokedex.
4254 8066 1536

Volke Posted at: 08:11 Jun26 2009 Post ID: 2656590
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 25-Jun-2009 Pokemonhacker68 said:Well turtwig, isnt such a great starter in sinnoh.
More on topic, hopefully that they can put starters in the wild. Maybe you get one from the beggining, get one when you finish the elite 4 and maybe another one when you complete the natinol dex or pokedex.
He is. Have you actually used him throughout the game?

That would take too long - there'd be no point in raising them that late when you already have a perfectly fine alternative.
Traffic Monger Posted at: 08:46 Jun26 2009 Post ID: 2656603
Traffic Monger
ヽ( ´ー `)ノ
+
+
On 25-Jun-2009 Pokemonhacker68 said:Well turtwig, isnt such a great starter in sinnoh.
I'd have to agree with Volke, Turtwig is really good. And you would need all of the starters to complete the Pokedex to begin with.

Signature credit goes to .Impact.

Skype - Shadezz80
Chardragon Posted at: 02:01 Jun30 2009 Post ID: 2660740
Chardragon
+
+
I would love to agree with the thread starter but in some instances, having all the starter Pokemons on the wild will just lose the thrill of playing the game.

Imagine if you can easily get Typhlosion, Feraligatr and Meganium, isn't that overkill?

Am I right?
Watch House MD
Watch CSI Miami
Pokemonhacker68 Posted at: 13:37 Jun30 2009 Post ID: 2661060
Pokemonhacker68
+
+
Very, true but still... its an update, seriously...
4254 8066 1536

Ryuujin Posted at: 10:23 Jul20 2009 Post ID: 2680866
Ryuujin
+
+
I wouldn't mind being able to find starters in the wild. They're just Pok�mon. It's not like they're ubers or anything.

In Colosseum, you could get all the second-stage Johto starters. That wasn't overkill, that was just awesome. =/
~ My Theme ~
ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 19:04 Jul20 2009 Post ID: 2681532
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
+
Yes but back then that was the easiest way to get them.It was either that or get only one from prof Birch in Emerald.

If they put the starters in the wild it kinda defeats a part of trading.Next thing you know gengar and machamp can be caught.

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

InvertAlpha Posted at: 09:57 Jul21 2009 Post ID: 2682018
InvertAlpha
Coyote of the Void
Post Likes: 6
+
+
^Gengar CAN be caught.
Enter the Shattered Realm - At your own discretion.

Shoutout to the year I only used liking FS/N to have an excuse to make signatures
Volke Posted at: 11:16 Jul21 2009 Post ID: 2682058
Volke
Executioner
+
+
He can? Do explain...unless it has something to do with using an Action Replay or doing something in Colloseum/XD/the Wii one.

Although it would be nice if trade evolutions were pokemon that aren't actually that good. Making something like Gengar a trade evolution will result in negative criticism. Making something like Seaking a trade evolution wouldn't, because nobody wants to use that thing.
InvertAlpha Posted at: 10:15 Jul22 2009 Post ID: 2683248
InvertAlpha
Coyote of the Void
Post Likes: 6
+
+
You catch him by having any GBA game in the GBA slot and go to the Old Chateau and run around in the rooms with the eyes.
Enter the Shattered Realm - At your own discretion.

Shoutout to the year I only used liking FS/N to have an excuse to make signatures
Volke Posted at: 14:37 Jul22 2009 Post ID: 2683487
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Wow, that'll prevent the problem of me not being able to get Gengar on my yearlong trip overseas come september, as I'll conveniently have only one DS.

Does this work without the National PokeDex?
rate_me Posted at: 14:44 Jul22 2009 Post ID: 2683490
rate_me
Post Likes: 2
+
+
I believe it does.

Sig by roadkillman997

Battle guide last updated July 22

New account is _amo_
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close