Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
RuneScape 2

runescape vs world of war craft

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
earth bound fan Posted at: 14:44 Aug06 2009 Post ID: 2699205
earth bound fan
Post Likes: 0
+
+
hi something has been on my mind for a long time about 2 days ago i was in my home world (world
153)i was a the G.E and there were like 4 or 5 pepole saying stuff like world of war craft pwns
runescape or rs i 4 noobs and world of war craft is not.so plz put which you think is better.
also plz still follow all the forum rules plz.

~~~~~Smileearthbound fanSmile~~~~~~~
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
destroyer96 Posted at: 03:31 Aug08 2009 Post ID: 2700563
destroyer96
+
+
World of Warcraft is for serious gamers who are addicted, RuneScape is more relaxed.

e-bros: hadugen and Pokemonhacker68/shiny grovyle
credit to PH68 for the sig!!! thanx buddy!!!
E-mail= [email protected]

librascythe Posted at: 07:18 Aug10 2009 Post ID: 2703014
librascythe
+
+
There are alot of difference.
Most say runescape sucks cause of graphics, but there is only a limit to graphic when u don't have to download.

Personally i have tried both, WoW wasn't all that great in graphics i think (yes better than rs but still it looked jumbled, messy and not all that great looking)
Next ur only allowed (3 i think) professions Fisher/healer, junk like that so ur limited on what you can also do, while unlike WoW Rs has skills everyone can do and no limit.
Another reason alot like WoW if more interactive environment (u can jump, swim hunt run around and even climb, sit laydown and the like)
Wow is also 15 dollars a month compared to 5/7 dollars for Rs. and WoW you must pay to play at all while rs has a large FtP Section.

One reason i didn't like WoW was cause i'd have to do all the work to lvl up again (and i'm no longer in the mood for that crap)

Personally i prefer rs over WoW But its all up to you, don't listen to other people who call the games u like junk, or crap like that. only listen to what you say about ur self not what others say/think.

Also i'd go with Guild Wars over WoW (may not have alot in it, but graphics look better and lvl 20 is limit so no grinding to lvl up to the highest, plus its who can have the better skill set up than who has the most time to lvl up_
earth bound fan Posted at: 09:59 Aug10 2009 Post ID: 2703154
earth bound fan
+
+
i think rs is better
tegan41 Posted at: 22:06 Aug10 2009 Post ID: 2703781
tegan41
Matt
Post Likes: 6
+
+
Runescape is better, WoW is just annoying, it's so freaking expensive, you have to pay to do everything, even switching worlds or realms.
destroyer96 Posted at: 18:38 Aug11 2009 Post ID: 2704801
destroyer96
+
+
heck, they got psychiatrists making accounts to cure addicts online

tegan41 Posted at: 18:58 Aug11 2009 Post ID: 2704849
tegan41
Matt
+
+
What? Which site, Runescape or World of WarCraft? And how would that cure addicts if the freakin phyciatrists are becoming addicts themselves? It makes no sense.
destroyer96 Posted at: 18:17 Aug12 2009 Post ID: 2706310
destroyer96
+
+
for WOW and idk good point

tegan41 Posted at: 17:12 Aug20 2009 Post ID: 2716695
tegan41
Matt
+
+
Yea, like whats the point of getting therapy if your therapist is an addict too?
destroyer96 Posted at: 18:54 Aug21 2009 Post ID: 2717668
destroyer96
+
+
lol i guess the therapists arent supposed to get addicted

riddles500 Posted at: 22:38 Oct09 2009 Post ID: 2748104
riddles500
+
+
ok people today i am here to get you to stop smoking pot, now excuse me wile i take a pot smoke break
librascythe Posted at: 20:03 Oct13 2009 Post ID: 2750525
librascythe
+
+
riddles that really wasn't on topic.. Don't do it again.. Admitted they weren't on much but talking how wow is addicting.
Another difference is War craft keeps making expansion packs for more money, while if rs updates its added right in.

« Last edited by librascythe on Oct 13th 2009 »
librascythe Posted at: 20:44 Oct16 2009 Post ID: 2751735
librascythe
+
+
Traffic ur post is deleted for a couple reasons.
First even i find it slightly offensive so its not going to be hard alot of other to be offended at it.
Second the links u posted have nothing at all to do with this topic and is considered spam.
Since this is the second time its gone off topic, any more posting of it not on topic and i'll be forced to close this thread.

Oh and traffic don't insult people just cause they don't think like you, or like the same things as you.
Traffic Monger Posted at: 07:04 Oct17 2009 Post ID: 2751854
Traffic Monger
ヽ( ´ー `)ノ
+
+
On 16-Oct-2009 librascythe said:Traffic ur post is deleted for a couple reasons.
First even i find it slightly offensive so its not going to be hard alot of other to be offended at it.
Second the links u posted have nothing at all to do with this topic and is considered spam.
Since this is the second time its gone off topic, any more posting of it not on topic and i'll be forced to close this thread.

Oh and traffic don't insult people just cause they don't think like you, or like the same things as you.
Lol'd irl because if that's really your criteria then all of these other posts should be deleted. Destroyer and tegan are saying that people who play WoW have no life and are addicts who play all day, every day, which is a really ridiculous stereotype, and more offensive to WoW players who don't go hardcore such as myself than what I did. And if you really think I'm insulting people for not thinking the same as I do, then you're seriously biased. What you're essentially saying is, it's okay for rs players to say WoW players have no life, but WoW players can't do **** about it in return, even when rs players have been doing this for who knows how long now. I'm really, really sick of all these peoples crap. Besides, this thread should have been closed anyways because it's been bumped.

But to stay on topic, you can have a lot more than two(well, three) professions in wow. You can have up to five; fishing, cooking, first aid, and two more of your choosing. But I will admit that the expansion packs are getting pretty ridiculous with their price range, especially if you buy the collector's editions.

« Last edited by Traffic Monger on Oct 17th 2009 »

Signature credit goes to .Impact.

Skype - Shadezz80
rsaccount Posted at: 18:05 Oct17 2009 Post ID: 2752102
rsaccount
+
+
world of war craft is a better and more put into game
its not as fast or as simple as runescape is
wow is for more of hard core gamers who have plenty of time

runescape in comparesion does pretty much fail compared to wow
but it is a more laid back and fun game
Traffic Monger Posted at: 18:16 Oct17 2009 Post ID: 2752115
Traffic Monger
ヽ( ´ー `)ノ
+
+
On 17-Oct-2009 rsaccount said:world of war craft is a better and more put into game
its not as fast or as simple as runescape is
wow is for more of hard core gamers who have plenty of time

runescape in comparesion does pretty much fail compared to wow
but it is a more laid back and fun game
You don't really need to go hardcore to succeed in WoW; I know a guy who played for about a year and a half and hit the max level in that amount of time, playing extremely casually. So it helps if you have a lot of time, but it's definitely not necessary.

Skype - Shadezz80
librascythe Posted at: 04:47 Oct18 2009 Post ID: 2752248
librascythe
+
+
hmm admitted i didn't catch that as an insult cause i know that alot of games can be addicting for a while, but there is a big difference from ur post to destroyers.

Anyways i agree with it both that rs is more of a relaxed type of game compared to WoW

And i only say what i knew about when i tried it for the 10 days period.
But it dose look fun if u really want to put time into just the same as any other game. I'm sure they would get alot more people if they reduced the monthly charge though, thats what i see as its biggest downfall.
Traffic Monger Posted at: 06:47 Oct18 2009 Post ID: 2752256
Traffic Monger
ヽ( ´ー `)ノ
+
+
Cons about WoW:
-Takes a long time to install
-Atm its a one time fee of $60 for installation(of both expansions)
-You really have to pay attention to it; I've went afk a few times and gotten back dead, whereas in runescape you can just go fishing while doing your homework or something

Skype - Shadezz80
JBraz3 Posted at: 22:19 Oct18 2009 Post ID: 2752679
JBraz3
+
+
I heard that is you want something more involved than Runescape but not as much as WoW, that Guild Wars is pretty good... pay once and the rest is free... sounds like a good deal. And honestly. Runescape is fun and a good game but depending on which you try first you usually prefer the one you played first. No psychological reasoning behind that really..
Gatito Posted at: 08:53 Oct19 2009 Post ID: 2752786
Gatito
+
+
Gonna throw in my 2 cents because I played both games and I have sided with WoW.

Gonna start with some pros and cons RS vs WoW

RS-pros
1. Free to those who decide to play without the extra benefits gives them some free leway until they are ready for the extra content $5 will offer.
2. They are allowed to server transfer as much as they want allowing them to see more people.
3. More options they can chose the player they want to be with a large selection of professions.
4. You can see more content playing by yourself.
5. More realistic in terms of the person you play.

RS-cons
1. All of which are stated in pros are limited.
2. The dependancy to level from quests is low and players are forced to kill monsters to level which gets boring if you stay in one place.
3. The worry of losing items makes player killing hard when your target will do ANYTHING to survive.
4. The game also forces a sense of solitude making it hard to create pacts for teamwork because players can easily turn on you.
5. Low Standards also apply to the players, the level of maturity found in the game is more common.
6. The gear is like a cookie cuter everyone will look the same eventually.
7. The graphics are too low.
8. There are players that choose to be Pures which they have trained in one combat art.
9. There are many races found in this game but you are allowed to play human.
10. When fighting you cannot perform abilities, except if you wield a [D] weapon or decide to use spells.
11. Inventory space is limited to 28 items and most items that should stack dont.
12. Travel is confined to walking or running if you do not wish to teleport or your teleports dont take you to the location you want.
13. Those who have fallen to scams are basically screwed because Jagex doesnt do much about it.

WoW-Pros
1. Player vs Player is found alot because one will not lose items meaning the player doesnt have to worry about dying but still the sense of survival will still be present making the fight more challenging for both players.
2. Organizations of friends can be made with "Guilds" there are many types and basically made up of people who share the same interests.
3. After paying for the game you are allowed 50 characters total across their realm selection with a 10 character max on 1 realm meaning it would take $250 worth of Paid RS accounts to match what WoW offers.
4. The Pures of this game are combinations of race and class 10 races (2 more in the future) 10 Classes each with their 3 talents provides a more unique player with the option to play in their style of choosing.
5. The vast selection of items with multiple stats allows a player to further set themselves apart.
6. Travel is split in the following catagories: Teleport (only by being a mage or getting one from a mage) Mounts ground and flying, and running.
7. Leveling professions is easy but the true challenge is getting the recipies to perform such skills are difficult to obtain.
8. Leveling is a combination of quests, killing monsters, and participating in pvp battlegrounds.
9. Those who have fallen to scams and hacking have hope for Blizzard will do something about it, as long as you have the necessary info your account will be restored to the way it was.

WoW-cons
1. Such a large game requires maintainance with means down time is often, however this is to prevent the quality of gameplay from dropping and also the date of downtime is set by a servey on the least played day.
2. To see further content you have to have a good sense of knowledge of the environment and also of your own player, you also have to ge in a hardcore raiding guild.
3. You are confined to stay in the realm you chose and most changes requre payment.

These are some of which are listed, I will admit I am a slight bit biasd on WoW because some of the cons drew me away from RS.

I tried to stay within the forum rules so if this gets deleted so be it.

EDIT: Also I was formeraly known here has Hunter15shadow RS account Hunter15ope

« Last edited by Gatito on Oct 19th 2009 »

MY 1337 Druid
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close