Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

World Cup 2010

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
superblobby Posted: 07:07 Jan14 2010 Post ID: 2787065
superblobby
Please Don't Stop The Banter
Post Likes: 21
+
I believe that if England go to the World Cup with the right squad, correct mantality, and Bobby Zamora they can win the potentially win it.

Zamora can do exactly what Capello wants Heskey to do, only 20 times better, he is what make Falham a formiddable force. Not only does he possess his size and brute strength, he is a technically gifted player with great vision and link up play. I know from an armchair spectators point of view who just look at his goalscoring tally over recent years will argue, but he's scored over 5 times the amount of goals as Heskey this season.
England; time setters for the entire world.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 01:37 Jan15 2010 Post ID: 2787422
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I've never rated Heskey, and to tell you the truth I don't think Zamora is much better. He's definately not a world class striker just a good Premiership player.

superblobby Posted: 18:15 Jan15 2010 Post ID: 2787701
superblobby
+
I forbid you to find a single World Class Premiership defender that has been able to cope with Zamora's strength and technical ability so far this season.
Sanzano Posted: 01:26 Jan18 2010 Post ID: 2788905
Sanzano
+
I see that the England squad have been told that it will cost 1 million pounds to have security in South Africa for ther WAGs because they are gun mad out there.

PhilXZ Posted: 13:52 Jan18 2010 Post ID: 2789320
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
Post Likes: 0
+
Layne. said:In all honesty I reckon Germany is overhyped. I don't see them making into the top four. I'm really liking the draw this cup, though. Almost every matchh looks like it would be entertaining in my opinion. lolnewzealand.

The media and the fans are overhyped. The Press went up to Loew boasting about how easy the group round will be. He simply replied that the line-up is not an easy one. "This isn't a luck-draw." he said. I agree with him.
superblobby Posted: 14:49 Jan18 2010 Post ID: 2789347
superblobby
+
Sanzano said:I see that the England squad have been told that it will cost 1 million pounds to have security in South Africa for ther WAGs because they are gun mad out there.

Around �42,000 each for their families to have personal bodyguards. Stupid, if that's the case, they shouldn't have the World Cup out there in the first place.
Sanzano Posted: 01:38 Jan19 2010 Post ID: 2789709
Sanzano
+
I agree, if the place is that dangerous it is irresponsible holding the World Cup there but then again when large sums of money are involved common sense takes a back seat.

superblobby Posted: 10:37 Jan19 2010 Post ID: 2789805
superblobby
+
It's FIFA that make the desision, which makes it even more disapointing.
2018 in England though, hell of an event (: (hopes up)
Sanzano Posted: 01:32 Jan20 2010 Post ID: 2790105
Sanzano
+
England must be in the running to hold a World Cup soon, the last time they held one was when they won the tournament in 1966.

superblobby Posted: 10:14 Jan20 2010 Post ID: 2790183
superblobby
+
Yeah, they are bidding for 2018, up against joint hosts Spain anf Portugal, and USA.
Sanzano Posted: 01:30 Jan21 2010 Post ID: 2790508
Sanzano
+
I wouldn't be surprised it the USA get it as FIFA know there's a huge untapped market in the US and the last time the US held the World Cup in 1994 still holds the record for the highest attendance in World Cup history due to the modern stadiums there.

superblobby Posted: 14:54 Jan21 2010 Post ID: 2790718
superblobby
+
The support, following and backing for the bid in the UK is too strong for USA, really. 50 years is too long without the competition, and it should be brought back hoooome.
Sanzano Posted: 01:49 Jan22 2010 Post ID: 2791009
Sanzano
+
It's all about money and more money can be made if the USA hold the World Cup, anyway it's done alternately and it's not Europes turn in 2018.

superblobby Posted: 05:22 Jan22 2010 Post ID: 2791028
superblobby
+
That's the first I've heard about it being done alternately... and The World Cup isn't all about money, it's about the beautiful game, and showing the best most loved, and popular sport to the world.

Sepp Blatter dibbed England as the favourites to host the 2018 world cup already. With top FOREIGN football icons backing England's bid also, people such as David Ginola, Osie Ardelis, Michael Essien and Ballack, the best those countries have to offer, as well as England's own David Beckham.

http://www.england2018bid.com/
TehGuitarist Posted: 23:31 Jan31 2010 Post ID: 2796153
TehGuitarist
Forum GuestMember
+
England will undoubtedly get the World Cup in 2018 as it's been over 40 years.

As for this coming World Cup, I have no doubt that going into the tournament, they have the best team with a very competent manager in Del Bosque. Villa, in my opinion, is the best striker in the world and Torres isn't half bad either :P. Their midfield is too good. I think that Xavi and Iniesta are the two best players in the world (yes, better than Messi) and they will literally pass the other teams to death. Oh, and there's Fabregas, Xabi Alonso, David Silva, Jesus Navas, Marcos Senna and Juan Mata. When a defense consisting of Sergio Ramos, Puyol, Pique/Marchena and Capdevila is the worst part of your team, you can probably call yourself the best....

Brazil could definetly win, they have a good mentality and a fantastic playmaker in Kaka.

Argentina and France suffer from the same problem. An awful coach. Those teams have great players but can they win? Don't think so.

And England... We always think we can win but in all fairness, we always can win. We just haven't. I definetly think we can get to the semis under Fabio Capello. If Rooney plays the way he did against Arsenal today, then we have one of the most dangerous strikers in the world. The only problem is his partner...I haven't seen Bobby Zamora play so I wouldn't know about him. And will Lennon or Beckham play on the right?

« Last edited by TehGuitarist on Jan 31st 2010 »
Sanzano Posted: 01:43 Feb01 2010 Post ID: 2796215
Sanzano
+
Looks like John Terry is going to be stripped of the captaincy because he keeps bringing the game into disrepute. The latest charge is he has been having an affair with Wayne Bridges girlfriend.

TehGuitarist Posted: 06:34 Feb01 2010 Post ID: 2796253
TehGuitarist
Forum GuestMember
+
I heard about that. They'd prefer it if he resigned on his own which makes sense. Who would captain the team though? Surely not Gerrard who proved that he can beat people with speed and precision of a boxer last summer... Lampard? Was there not a tape released of him doing 'things' at the start of the decade? Wayne Rooney is our talisman but could he ever be captain? Maybe in a few years but not now. Probably best to stick with Terry :P
Sanzano Posted: 09:36 Feb01 2010 Post ID: 2796301
Sanzano
+
I'd rather see someone else than Terry to be truthful, Steven Gerard would be my choice.

TehGuitarist Posted: 10:45 Feb01 2010 Post ID: 2796326
TehGuitarist
Forum GuestMember
+
He was my choice ahead of Terry after Beckham resigned and I still wouldn't mind but I'm trying to decide which is worse: having an affair or getting really drunk and beating someone down...
Sanzano Posted: 01:29 Feb02 2010 Post ID: 2796782
Sanzano
+
I've got more respect for someone like Steven Gerard than a John Terry who has an affair with a team mates girlfriend.

Displaying Page 3 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close