Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

All Nightmare Long - FF

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

GoldenPili Posted: 22:45 Dec29 2009 Post ID: 2779556
GoldenPili
Post Likes: 0
+
EDIT: I've changed it into a FF due to the lack of posts and my paranoia that I'll control the plot too much if people go off in directions that I don't want them to. Ill update every Saturday.

Legend: On New Year?s Eve on 2011, people where anxiously waiting for the final seconds of the past year to be washed away into memories. As the final seconds ticked down, the entire world burst into countdown.
?Ten!?
?Nueve!?
?Acht!?
?Ilga!?
?Seis!?
?Cinq!?
?Ne!?
?Dus!?
?Dois!?
?One..!?
Bells around the world chimed and fireworks spun off into the distant sky as rainclouds rolled abnormally fast into the sky above them. All windows and doors blew open as the raincloud swallowed the entirety of the stratosphere. A single, massive rain wave fell upon the earth and fell as if controlled by some greater being; Only one raindrop hit one person. Raindrops flew inside the opened windows and doors and sank into every human?s forehead.
The bells chimed again and the clouds rolled away, leaving the earth?s population in wonder as to what happened. None had known about the terror that was about to befall upon them.
[Close Legend.]

28th of December, 2011; 11:56
Moonlight was the only thing lighting the grassy hill, only west of the city that that resided below it.
?Find it! I don?t care how. Be back with it by the 31st or you won?t be leaving this year with your head!? A dark voice rasped, the life of plants and animals around him froze and their life was sucked away from them with every step he took towards a bloody and torn body.
He dismissed a silhouetted figure which spread black, feathery wings and kicked into the air. He crossed over the man and flew away from the city.
?So sorry, girl... You shouldn?t have fought.? He spoke, his voice lighter as he towered over the lifeless body. He turned his head and looked towards the moon. Dark clouds where slowly rolling towards it, almost covering the cities source of light.
?It will all come into place soon...? He tilted his back further and let out a terrifying cackle. He spread out his arms and his palms faced the sky, his fingers curing so as to look like eagle talons.
Below the man, the lifeless body clutched onto a blood-stained note.
Evacuate the city. The end is closing near!

31st of December, 2011; 9:24am.
?Oscuro...? A weak, feminine voice called, her definite Australian accent bouncing around and off the plain walls of the unit she had just recently entered. She turned around a corner and pushed open an ajar door to reveal a teenage boy, lying on an unmade bed, the covers hanging off the side and his arms slid behind his head for a second pillow.
?Oscuro!? The girl called again, the boy sitting up at a jolt, not expecting the sudden interruption of his train of thought.
?Eh... Mayre? What?re you doing over here?? The boy asked. His spiky, blond hair remained unsifted by the sudden movement. He slung his feet over the side of his bed and sighed. He looked as if he had barely gotten over 2 hours of sleep and the bags under his eyes only matched the saggy, grey singlet he sported with navy track pants.
Ignoring the boys question, she uncapped her hands from behind her back and brought her left hand forward and smiled excitedly. A small, round and glowing creature sprung from her hand and began navigating itself around the room. It seemed fascinated by all the falling-off posters of metal bands on the walls and the shoddy furniture that made the room seem all the more boy-ish.
The boy Mayre called Oscuro had reverted to his normal tone of speech, his slight Spanish accent giving off a wondrous tone. ?It glows and flies. It looks like a tiny star and I still don?t know what the hell it is... Mind explaining??
?I don?t know what it is, but when I went to get Breakfast this morning, it was sitting on my kitchen bench with pieces of peanut shells everywhere!?
?And you?re letting it roam free around my room? It could be dangerous.?
Mayre cocked an eyebrow at Oscuro with a ?are you some sort of total idiot?? look slapped across her face.
?It?s so adorable! It wouldn?t hurt a fly!?
?You?re only basing this off the fact that it has no hands.?
?Err... Oh! It likes your bike!?
Mayre was quick to change the subject after she had been beaten, but it was true; the glowing floating thing had been hovering around the muddy mountain bike that was leaned up vertically against the wall for a good two minutes. The only reason this was notable is because it hadn?t taken interest in anything else for more that fifteen seconds.
?Ugh, let?s just leave my room, shall we?? Oscuro sighed, leaning backwards then shoving himself forward from the momentum he had gained from himself.
He brushed past Mayre and pushed open the door completely, Mayre and the star creature following quickly behind.
?Morning, Oscuro! I see Mayre got you out of your room for once...? A tall, slender woman turned and smiled to them both before returning to her pot of deliciously smelling food.
Oscuro grunted in reply and hovered over to the pantry. He swung open the doors and reached inside, grabbing a tall box of Coco Pops. He turned away from the panty and kicked the doors shut while he bent down and grabbed a steaming plate from the open dishwasher beside him.
Oscuro was about to begin walking over to the table, where Mayre was already situated, but got a Mom stare that told him: ?What are you forgetting..??
His face lit up and grabbed another bowl; he held it above his head and directed himself towards the table.
?Mayre, you want some??
?Oh? No thanks, I had a huge breakfast before I came here.?
Oscuro nodded and placed the bowl where he got it from and placed himself down at the table. He poured the cereal and the milk, which was conveniently already placed at the table, into his bowl as the phone burst into an electronic version of ?Oh to Joy?.
?I?ve got it!? Oscuro?s mother sang as she reached for the phone, just centimetres from her work-place.
?Hello? Oh, Hi! Good, how are you? Oh, that?s no problem at all! I?m sure he?d love to have her over for a bit. Yup! Okay, see you then!?
Oscuro?s mother placed the phone back onto the charger and spun on the ba[b][/b]lls of her feet to face Oscuro and Mayre.
?Mayre, that was your mother. She doesn?t want you staying at home by yourself tonight, so she asked if you could hang out here for a while until she got back.?
Mayre looked up at her and nodded. ?That?s right, theres a huge meeting tonight, discussing the end of the world..!?
She put massive emphasis on the ?End of the world!? part, so it was made clear she didn?t believe in it.
?Yeah, you two will be here alone while her and I go out to the meeting. We should be back for the countdown, but if I?m going to be late, I?ll give you a ring, okay??
Both children nodded and Oscuro turned back to his cereal, gulping down the last of it and pushing it aside.
?Well, it?s been 5 seconds after eating and I?m already bored... Park?? Oscuro sighed and stood up, pushing his chair backwards in the process.
?Sure, why not...? Mayre replied, standing up as well, but more carefully as not to almost topple her chair over.
Mayre grabbed her shoes and began lacing them up as Oscuro sprinted around the corner back to his bedroom to change out of his home-clothes and into clothes that he wouldn?t be embarrassed to be seen in while in public.
Mayre had just finished tying up a neat little bow in her shoes as Oscuro reappeared around the corner, now sporting a plain white t-shirt and mid shin-length jeans.
He slid into a pair of flip-flops and pushed open the fly-screen door. Once they where both outside, the star creature popped out beside Mayre.
?I was wondering where you went... You little... Err...? Mayre was stumped on what to call it, she was about to ask Oscuro but he spoke without turning back to her, his hands in his pockets already making his way down the road.
?Call it Kirby, like the video game character, except its glowing and yellow. And a lot smaller...?
?Well, that?s that then! From now on, your Kirby!? Mayre called to the star-creature.
?I think it likes it?s new name, look its bouncing up and down for joy!? Mayre called as she made her way down the incredibly steep driveway that led up to Oscuro?s house.

Simple minutes later, Oscuro and Mayre arrived at the park. It was more of a glorified McDonald?s playground, made bigger so teenagers had somewhere to go when bored.
It was colourful beyond belief and, with all the tunnels and platforms, looked like an elaborate hideout.
Graphite was sprayed all over the place, and in some places you could tell nature called to kids and pets alike, but if you strayed from these selected places, it was pretty cool all the same.
Oscuro found himself hanging upside down by the metal bars between platforms, his hair falling down with the helps of gravity, made him look completely different.
Mayre was sitting on a platform lower to him, so, if their turned their heads to face each other, where exactly at head-height.
?I don?t know how you can stand being placed in that position for so long.? Mayre said to Oscuro in wonder. ?I stay up there more than thirty seconds and the blood rushing to my head makes me feel like my brains about to explode.?
?Years and years of practise... Mostly from me hanging my head over the edge of my bed...? Oscuro replied.
When there was nothing more left to talk about, the pair simply people-watched, only slightly lifting their boredom, watching all the kids run around, falling over and throwing a tantrum over who gets the shovel.
The only reason this was amusing is because teenagers where not above these antics as well.

« Last edited by GoldenPili on Jan 2nd 2010 »

When the coroner cuts me open, I want the whole room to smell like potato wedges. - Gabriel Iglasias

Cheer's to Craizen for the awesome sig and avy.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Oginig Posted: 08:56 Jan06 2010 Post ID: 2783242
Oginig
Forum GuestMember
+
Click on the spoiler if you want to see my comments.

Spoiler:
click to reveal

« Last edited by Oginig on Jan 13th 2010 »
Sincerely,
Jaffa

GoldenPili Posted: 00:13 Jan10 2010 Post ID: 2784936
GoldenPili
+
To those who care: My social life has had a bloom for the best and I won't be updating this weekend. I know I said on the FF&RP discussion forums that I would have it done by today, but I can't uphold that promise.

So to make up for it, I'll be having two chapters for you, next Saturday... And I WILL keep this promise!

« Last edited by GoldenPili on Jan 10th 2010 »

When the coroner cuts me open, I want the whole room to smell like potato wedges. - Gabriel Iglasias

Cheer's to Craizen for the awesome sig and avy.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close