Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Iron Man 2 *may contain spoilers*

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 8 of 9
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Last     Previous | Next
super craig Posted: 12:37 Sep09 2010 Post ID: 2899196
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
sphynxx said:I can't see that video. They've only got the rights to broadcast to American (i think) users -,-

Only British users then. Well essentially all it was, was a picture of Capt America deflecting a bullet and in the background were some American WW2-era soldiers while the voice over bloke talked about the Capt having a tough time beating the pesky Nazis.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

sphynxx Posted: 15:43 Sep09 2010 Post ID: 2899255
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
Ahh, thanks.

Well then this does tie in with Howard Stark being the one that develops Capt. Americas shield & a prelude to S.H.I.E.L.D.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Sanzano Posted: 09:58 Sep20 2010 Post ID: 2905317
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
It'll be great if Captain America is set during World War II, if it is the end of the film will have to be the part where he tries to difuse a Baron Zemo bomb and gets blown up over the Atlantic and then found encased in ice years later by the Avengers who are trying to capture the Hulk who has been driven mad by Loki.

sphynxx Posted: 20:14 Sep20 2010 Post ID: 2905728
sphynxx
+
I can't remember exactly, but I have read something that was similar to that about the movies, so you could very well be right Dennis.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

super craig Posted: 06:41 Sep21 2010 Post ID: 2905885
super craig
+
It would be a nice way of tying Capt America to the Avenger films.

Sanzano Posted: 10:03 Sep21 2010 Post ID: 2905920
Sanzano
+
I can't see any other way they can explain Captain America being around in the 1940's and then looking just as young 70 years later. Don't know how they are going to explain how Stark got hold of Captain America's shield unless it's not the original which was made from a top secret alloy which was unbreakable and fell into the Atlantic with him when he got blown up.

sphynxx Posted: 17:53 Sep21 2010 Post ID: 2906189
sphynxx
+
Tony Stark had a prototype. It's said that his father, Howard, had developed the prototype of Capt. Americas shield, and the one that's seen in IM2 was the prototype of Capt. Americas shield that Howard had left around/forgotten about.. It wasn't mentioned in the movie that it was Capt. Americas shield, but I think the director or someone else from the production confirmed it. But I can't remember 100 percent. It was like an "easter egg" kind of deal.

« Last edited by sphynxx on Sep 21st 2010 »

Sanzano Posted: 01:43 Sep22 2010 Post ID: 2906371
Sanzano
+
So what you're saying is the shield that Stark's father has was a prototype of Captain America's shield and not the actual one he had when he got blown up?

sphynxx Posted: 07:22 Sep22 2010 Post ID: 2906465
sphynxx
+
Pretty much. As far as I'm aware, no-one knows just how the back story of Capt. America and Howard Stark will be played out. All that was really confirmed/discussed as the shield in IM2 that's briefly seen (like 4 seconds) and Howards involvement. It was just said something like;

"Yes, the shield that Tony uses to prop up his *insert sciency experiement name* is infact a prototype of Capt. Americas shield that Howard Stark had been designing"

Obviously I'm paraphrasing since I cannot, for the life of me, find the article I read..

So it's likely that Howard had perfected Capt Americas shield before he died and already given the finished model to Capt. America & the prototype that Tony stumbles across (it was in a box of junk) was just left over rubbish from Howards day.

super craig Posted: 08:10 Sep22 2010 Post ID: 2906473
super craig
+
sphynxx said:Pretty much. As far as I'm aware, no-one knows just how the back story of Capt. America and Howard Stark will be played out. All that was really confirmed/discussed as the shield in IM2 that's briefly seen (like 4 seconds) and Howards involvement. It was just said something like;

"Yes, the shield that Tony uses to prop up his *insert sciency experiement name* is infact a prototype of Capt. Americas shield that Howard Stark had been designing"

Obviously I'm paraphrasing since I cannot, for the life of me, find the article I read..

So it's likely that Howard had perfected Capt Americas shield before he died and already given the finished model to Capt. America & the prototype that Tony stumbles across (it was in a box of junk) was just left over rubbish from Howards day.

How old was Tony's dad meant to be? He would have to be ancient to have been a leading scientist at the time of WW2 and if memory serves me correctly didn't die that long ago before the first film.

sphynxx Posted: 23:25 Sep22 2010 Post ID: 2906925
sphynxx
+
Well I would have no clue. It was mentioned a few times that Howard was involved in the Manahattan Project developing the Atom bomb (I think that's what it is) though.

It's mentioned in IM1 when Tony is giving an interview to a reporter. He says something like "my father worked on the Manhattan project, and some people, your professors at Brown included, would call that being a hero." or something.

From what I remember, Howard died when Tony was in his late teens/very early twenties and Tony turned Stark Industries from a medium/large weapons manufactorer into a huge, multi-billion dollar weapons manufactorer through his intelligent & advance weaponry. Tony graduated MIT in his early twenties (might've been twenty actually) and took over from Obidiah who had been running the company whilst Tony was still studying/coming of age.

« Last edited by sphynxx on Sep 22nd 2010 »

Sanzano Posted: 02:44 Sep23 2010 Post ID: 2906944
Sanzano
+
Looks like Captain America will be set during World War II, I found the following article...

Based on the Marvel Comics character from World War II. A brave, yet mild-mannered young soldier named Steve Rogers, volunteers to undergo a series of experiments for a US army Super Soldier program. The military succeeds in transforming him into a human weapon, but quickly decide that their Super Soldier is far too expensive a creation to risk in combat. So, they decide to put him to use as an army celebrity and parade him across Europe to boost morale by performing in USO shows for American troops. He is even given a costume that bear the colors of Old Glory for the stage. Then, when a Nazi plot reveals itself Rogers must rise up and and become the First Avenger, in order to save his country. Steve Rogers becomes Captain America and he earns his way into the hearts and souls of every American, bringing hope and justice to a war-weary nation. Later, during a mission to Germany to stop his archenemy - The Red Skull, from launching rockets at the allies, Captain America sacrifices himself and winds up frozen in ice for almost six decades! Revived, Steve Rogers now must join forces with new heroes and become an Avenger of the modern age.

sphynxx Posted: 04:59 Sep23 2010 Post ID: 2906974
sphynxx
+
Sounds interesting. Although I'm still wondering when the Avengers timeline is going to pick up. It's all so confusing -,-

Sanzano Posted: 01:21 Sep24 2010 Post ID: 2907605
Sanzano
+
Marvel have confirmed that a Black Widow movie with Scarlett Johansson reprising the character from Iron Man 2 will be made after the Avengers which is scheduled for 2012. So it looks like it will be Captain America, Avengers, Black Widow.

sphynxx Posted: 05:30 Sep24 2010 Post ID: 2907630
sphynxx
+
IM3 will be in there somewhere as well.

Sanzano Posted: 02:38 Sep27 2010 Post ID: 2908869
Sanzano
+
I think it will be at least a couple of years before the next Iron Man movie. Marvel still have a few other projects under way like Sub Mariner and Iron Fist.

sphynxx Posted: 06:02 Sep27 2010 Post ID: 2908908
sphynxx
+
Well, Robert Downey Jnrs IMDb page has him set for the Sherklock Holmes sequel, and then The Avengers movies as his next two projects. The Avengers is set for a 2012 release. So IM3 will be released either late 2012 or early 2013, if they're still going ahead with it at all.

super craig Posted: 07:10 Sep27 2010 Post ID: 2908927
super craig
+
sphynxx said:Well, Robert Downey Jnrs IMDb page has him set for the Sherklock Holmes sequel, and then The Avengers movies as his next two projects. The Avengers is set for a 2012 release. So IM3 will be released either late 2012 or early 2013, if they're still going ahead with it at all.

Given the response to the first 2 films I'd be pretty sure that they will make a 3rd one. Though perhaps everyone will be superhero'd out by that time.

sphynxx Posted: 02:45 Sep28 2010 Post ID: 2909339
sphynxx
+
True, but who knows what'll happen in the future. I'd still go & see IM3.

Sanzano Posted: 04:34 Sep30 2010 Post ID: 2910253
Sanzano
+
If they leave it too long Robert Downey Junior will be too old for the role and the series will have to be rebooted like Spider-Man and Fantastic Four.

Displaying Page 8 of 9
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 445437

Post Top
Click to close