Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

R.I.P Online Manga

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
imaloony8.0 Posted: 20:40 Jun25 2010 Post ID: 2860590
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
Symbol de Au said:They did get new anime...Bobobo,Mar,Zatch Bell(I think),Prince of Tennis,

Insert Rate_Me post...

You're making it worse because we already have the problem of the online manga being removed and you're talking about stuff that isn't even related. Peopel don't normally like the guy who drops his hot dog and says. "Global Warming, Health Care, and now this"

Mar and Prince of Tennis don't count! Those were only on Jetstream, and that got canned too anyways. I actually rather liked Zatch Bell, why they stopped airing it I'll never know, although I think I missed a handful of episodes in the middle. And Bobobo sucked, plain and simple. "Stupid and Funny" gone wrong.

I'm not really making it worse, now am I? I'm just stating some facts about how our Japanization and our childhood is being torn from us. That doesn't make me bad, wrong, or out of place, it just makes me a Pessimist. And I'll damn well be a Pessimist clinging to his old shows than an Optimist who sits by watching his childhood go through the paper shredder any day :D

And I mentioned Toonami in addition to this because it's partially related, as it's a media from Japan that was also removed, and then you guys commented on it, so I just rolled with it. It's totally okay to drop it at any time, you know.

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Symbol de Au Posted: 21:05 Jun25 2010 Post ID: 2860601
Symbol de Au
Post Likes: 0
+
imaloony8.0 said:
Symbol de Au said:They did get new anime...Bobobo,Mar,Zatch Bell(I think),Prince of Tennis,

Insert Rate_Me post...

You're making it worse because we already have the problem of the online manga being removed and you're talking about stuff that isn't even related. Peopel don't normally like the guy who drops his hot dog and says. "Global Warming, Health Care, and now this"

Mar and Prince of Tennis don't count! Those were only on Jetstream, and that got canned too anyways. I actually rather liked Zatch Bell, why they stopped airing it I'll never know, although I think I missed a handful of episodes in the middle. And Bobobo sucked, plain and simple. "Stupid and Funny" gone wrong.

I'm not really making it worse, now am I? I'm just stating some facts about how our Japanization and our childhood is being torn from us. That doesn't make me bad, wrong, or out of place, it just makes me a Pessimist. And I'll damn well be a Pessimist clinging to his old shows than an Optimist who sits by watching his childhood go through the paper shredder any day :D

And I mentioned Toonami in addition to this because it's partially related, as it's a media from Japan that was also removed, and then you guys commented on it, so I just rolled with it. It's totally okay to drop it at any time, you know.

No they aired on Toonami also...You don't know much about this stuff do you? I hated bobobo too but I knew a few people who liked it and there are two people here on SC who are big fans T_bug and pwnthemonkeys.

Big smile for a pessimist...Ok the cartoon Network bit is completely off-topic and our child-hood is not being taken away from us. If you think because Cartoon Network is changing its shows you're losing your childhood then you're right you're just a pessimist.

Alright you're right toonami is related, but is the whole cartoon network? Is the movie Grown-ups? Is the oil spill?

§|∞±×←→↑↓™©®♭♪$¢€£¥λζŸαβγδεηθιξνμοπρστυφχψωΓΔΕΞΛΠΣΤΥΩΨΦΆΌΊΉΎΈΏΐΪΫάέήίΰςϊϋόύώ◎☆○◇□△«»¿¡ªºæ
imaloony8.0 Posted: 00:11 Jun26 2010 Post ID: 2860628
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
Jeez, MAR aired for like a couple months, every other week. It aired so infrequently and for such a little time even I had forgot about it. It died so quickly that yes, it didn't count.
And I forgot about Prince of Tennis' schedule, sue me.

Great, thanks for judging me. At the same time, I'd like to point out how off topic YOU'RE getting by picking away at me.

The oil spill thing was dropped. I wasn't going to make a big thing of it, just mention it because yes, there are bigger things going on right now that companies could be paying more attention to, and I planned to drop it, so maybe you could, eh?
The movie Grown-ups was an example, as above. Don't make anything more of it.
Yes, CN is related. Being the distributor of the Anime from Toonami, I'd say it's plenty related. I was also using it as an example of how things were deteriorating.

I don't see why you seem content to pick away at me, when all you're doing is getting even more off topic than I am.

So, how's this? Any further posts on this matter WILL be deleted. We're going back to discussing this online manga lawsuit thing. Since you seem to be so upset about how far off topic we're getting, I know you won't complain.

« Last edited by imaloony8.0 on Jun 26th 2010 »

Symbol de Au Posted: 11:02 Jun27 2010 Post ID: 2860989
Symbol de Au
+
Hahaha. Is that your way of closing an argument? Wow. Well I'm out. Applause

§|∞±×←→↑↓™©®♭♪$¢€£¥λζŸαβγδεηθιξνμοπρστυφχψωΓΔΕΞΛΠΣΤΥΩΨΦΆΌΊΉΎΈΏΐΪΫάέήίΰςϊϋόύώ◎☆○◇□△«»¿¡ªºæ
sharingansasuke Posted: 17:13 Jul22 2010 Post ID: 2873156
sharingansasuk
e
+
Today One Manga announced that it is getting rid of all of it's manga. http://forum.onemanga.com/s...?t=86405
Espada Vampiro Posted: 18:47 Jul22 2010 Post ID: 2873170
Espada Vampiro
Fire Spirit Envoy's Pet.
Post Likes: 1
+
Oh great, next thing you know, Mangastream will go down, why can't they let us read our manga in peace? >_<.

Nisa and Pram........My Strongest Mage and Fist fighter yet and only getting stronger....FLAT POWER! XD *is frozen by Pram then busted into pieces by Nisa*.

Current Obsession: Disgaea 4.......And Hii-chan X3.
sharingansasuke Posted: 21:19 Jul22 2010 Post ID: 2873215
sharingansasuk
e
+
Mangahelpers got closed too. There has been no news of Mangastream closing on their forums. I am hoping that their limited selection keeps them off the radar.
Espada Vampiro Posted: 01:31 Jul23 2010 Post ID: 2873259
Espada Vampiro
Fire Spirit Envoy's Pet.
+
I hope so too, cause this is ridiculous IMO.

Nisa and Pram........My Strongest Mage and Fist fighter yet and only getting stronger....FLAT POWER! XD *is frozen by Pram then busted into pieces by Nisa*.

Vasco Posted: 11:54 Jul23 2010 Post ID: 2873344
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
sharingansasuke said:Today One Manga announced that it is getting rid of all of it's manga. http://forum.onemanga.com/s...?t=86405

Did not see that coming.

Fair enough, I suppose. However, I'm not going to wait six or more months for the English release of the chapters that are coming out on Japan. It's ridiculous. There will always be blogs offering free downloads, and I'll be using them. When the volumes start being sold in Portugal (probably two years later), I'll buy them.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
sharingansasuke Posted: 12:01 Jul23 2010 Post ID: 2873347
sharingansasuk
e
+
There is a site that looks like it has potential. It is attempting to become a Crunchy Roll for Manga in a way. This site is called Open Manga. The site is expecting to have a free option and a paying option like Crunchy Roll but the what will be offered to free members and when it will be offered appears to be up to the publishers and the manga authors.
Symbol de Au Posted: 18:49 Jul23 2010 Post ID: 2873460
Symbol de Au
+
Have you tried mangafox.com? :p They're slowly bringing back the manga as they get permission to host the manga...Course I don't know how the negotiations went exactly due to the fact that a bunch of flame caused that thread to be closed...(big surprise...)
Nevermind I found more...MAngafox may go down soon too...

« Last edited by Symbol de Au on Jul 23rd 2010 »

Craizen Posted: 17:46 Jul25 2010 Post ID: 2874411
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
One Manga going down kinda irked me. This is just wrong
Espada Vampiro Posted: 17:50 Jul25 2010 Post ID: 2874414
Espada Vampiro
Fire Spirit Envoy's Pet.
+
Mangafox too?, Man, they are just ridiculous, apparently the greed of money to them is more important then the fans reading the manga...

imaloony8.0 Posted: 21:13 Jul25 2010 Post ID: 2874524
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
I don't really get it. Hell, reading One Piece on One Manga actually encouraged me to buy some volumes. Isn't this sort of like advertising for them for free?

Yeah, I've heard of One Manga closing. Damn shame.

Espada Vampiro Posted: 06:07 Jul26 2010 Post ID: 2874645
Espada Vampiro
Fire Spirit Envoy's Pet.
+
Technically it should be, I mean, me reading Rosario+Vampire on OneManga and MangaFox has me wanting to buy the second season volumes, they'll just be killing their sales this way, cause if I can't read the chapters at all, I won't buy the Manga, instead, I'll look for one of those bookstores that have a open copy to read, that way I can read it through and not buy it, to further kill their sales XP.

Jirachi X Posted: 06:16 Jul26 2010 Post ID: 2874646
Jirachi X
Post Likes: 2
+
How many series are going dead cold with this you guys reckon?
I'm gone - bye
Symbol de Au Posted: 18:09 Jul26 2010 Post ID: 2874895
Symbol de Au
+
Espada Vampiro said:Mangafox too?, Man, they are just ridiculous, apparently the greed of money to them is more important then the fans reading the manga...

NAh it's just a rumour that some of the members are talking about. I kinda don't htink it will be shut down though. For a little bit they had brought back their licensed manga but then they were removed again...=/ I don't really know what's going on...

nightmare2 Posted: 15:42 Jul27 2010 Post ID: 2875282
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
Just saw this topic today. OneManga is getting shut down, and i don't know anyother sites or places that actually sell manga. Thier is no store in my area, that i've been to, that sells manga!

This is terrible, I mean the way the get it on to their sites is by first buying a copy. Once they own it they are allowed to show it to other people. They just need to make sure they put down that they don't own it. It is like saying once you buy it no one is alound to read it except you, not your friends, or family. Their is nothing illegal being done on any of the sites. The companies just want more money. It is sad because the series are gonna lose alot of fans, because of this act.

You think they will do this to anime showing sites like Nwanime.com? Where you can watch the animes?

« Last edited by nightmare2 on Jul 27th 2010 »
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
Espada Vampiro Posted: 18:10 Jul27 2010 Post ID: 2875378
Espada Vampiro
Fire Spirit Envoy's Pet.
+
^I have a feeling it will, knowing companies that love money more then their own lives, they''d do anything to get more money...

Craizen Posted: 17:27 Aug01 2010 Post ID: 2878066
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
I'm having manga withdrawal now.

our any sites putting out anything?
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close