Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

My poetry.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

BURNOUTFREAK Posted: 10:13 May23 2011 Post ID: 3005853
BURNOUTFREAK
edgy
Post Likes: 97
+
I didn't know if this was supposed to go into FF and RP so I just posted it here. Comments please :D

http://smuglorda.deviantart.com/art/Journey-of-the-Day-209994032

It's about life in school and stuff. That's on DeviantArt so please drop a comment here or there :D

« Last edited by BURNOUTFREAK on May 24th 2011 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Volke Posted: 10:20 May23 2011 Post ID: 3005856
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
Should be in Fan Fiction and Role Play.

Moving...
BURNOUTFREAK Posted: 10:41 May23 2011 Post ID: 3005866
BURNOUTFREAK
edgy
+
I thought it belongs here but since it's only called FF and RP I wasn't sure. Thanks for moving even though it will get less attention now.
Volke Posted: 10:45 May23 2011 Post ID: 3005867
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
Yeah, if you want to show anyone your own written work, it goes in here. Unless it's music.

You're welcome. Even if it does get less views here, at least half of those views won't just be people telling you that you posted it in the wrong forum.
Sotek Posted: 15:20 May23 2011 Post ID: 3005936
Sotek
Post Likes: 0
+
Might want to pick a more mature thread title, it'll make more people take the thread seriously. Also, I'd copy and paste the poem into the forum rather than linking to an externel site; it just looks neater that way.

So, onto the poem. It's interesting, to say the least. May I take it you don't care much for school?

Overall it's pretty good. A couple of minor points spring to mind however.

Point the first: in stanza two, your third line is twice as long as any other. It looks less neat, and doesn't flow as well as it could.

Point the second: in stanza four you use the same sound to end each line, which sounds inferior to how you were rhyming it before.

Point the final: In the last stanza you abandon rhyming entirely. Couldn't you find anything that rhymed with tomorrow? How about sorrow? Borrow? There's plenty to choose from.

Anyway, that's my thoughts on the matter. Hope they were helpful!

Seeing as I now have three short stories posted, I figure I may as well put all of them in my bio, so go there for links to "The Lab", "Daemon" and "Afterlife". Additionally, you should read my fic, The Crystals of Narlkant
kazualsk8r Posted: 15:57 May23 2011 Post ID: 3005943
kazualsk8r
aka Oatmeal
Post Likes: 3
+
That's not bad, do you write poetry on a regular basis? Also, basically the stuff Sotek said, and one other thing...it's not really concrete poetry, I don't think. If I'm not mistaken, concrete poetry makes a picture. Anyway, nice job. I liked it.
Rip Betty white
Craizen Posted: 17:13 May23 2011 Post ID: 3005970
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Do you think of speech patterns as you write? I find it helps when writing verses. Even if it is not music, I will write to the way a favorite rapper flows or a singer cuts her words.
BURNOUTFREAK Posted: 00:09 May24 2011 Post ID: 3006088
BURNOUTFREAK
edgy
+
Actually that was the first poem I ever submitted, I wrote 3 yesterday. Here's another:
Spoiler:
click to reveal
BURNOUTFREAK Posted: 05:01 May24 2011 Post ID: 3006165
BURNOUTFREAK
edgy
+
Sotek said:Might want to pick a more mature thread title, it'll make more people take the thread seriously. Also, I'd copy and paste the poem into the forum rather than linking to an externel site; it just looks neater that way.

So, onto the poem. It's interesting, to say the least. May I take it you don't care much for school?

Overall it's pretty good. A couple of minor points spring to mind however.

Point the first: in stanza two, your third line is twice as long as any other. It looks less neat, and doesn't flow as well as it could.

Point the second: in stanza four you use the same sound to end each line, which sounds inferior to how you were rhyming it before.

Point the final: In the last stanza you abandon rhyming entirely. Couldn't you find anything that rhymed with tomorrow? How about sorrow? Borrow? There's plenty to choose from.

Anyway, that's my thoughts on the matter. Hope they were helpful!
I made a DA link to get more pageviews and such. Title changed, thanks for the tips :D I won't change the poem however.
kazualsk8r said:That's not bad, do you write poetry on a regular basis? Also, basically the stuff Sotek said, and one other thing...it's not really concrete poetry, I don't think. If I'm not mistaken, concrete poetry makes a picture. Anyway, nice job. I liked it.

No I wrote 3 poems yesterday and that's about it :P I have no idea what concrete poetry is...
Craizen said:Do you think of speech patterns as you write? I find it helps when writing verses. Even if it is not music, I will write to the way a favorite rapper flows or a singer cuts her words.

I know what you mean, I'll try to do it better next time like in my next poem above this one.

Actually now that I think about it, I hate it. It was a lame attempt.
Craizen Posted: 20:45 May24 2011 Post ID: 3006463
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
It's really not that bad. It flows decently and tells a nice story.
kazualsk8r Posted: 14:21 May25 2011 Post ID: 3006706
kazualsk8r
aka Oatmeal
+
That's good stuff. You might have some talent, if you keep that up. And when I said concrete poetry, I saw that you tagged your first one as that....it's not. Keep at it though, they're an enjoyable read.

This almost makes me want to upload some of my work.......Think

« Last edited by kazualsk8r on May 25th 2011 »
Rip Betty white
BURNOUTFREAK Posted: 14:44 May25 2011 Post ID: 3006721
BURNOUTFREAK
edgy
+
Why thank you :D I've written five in two days, haven't written anything today yet because I just can't find anything to write about. I'd love to see your stuff kazualsk8r, DA is a good place to post it.
kazualsk8r Posted: 14:48 May25 2011 Post ID: 3006725
kazualsk8r
aka Oatmeal
+
Or here. And perhaps I shall. If you're looking for a muse, I'd suggest classical music. Listen to the rhythms, then add words.
Rip Betty white
BURNOUTFREAK Posted: 14:52 May25 2011 Post ID: 3006729
BURNOUTFREAK
edgy
+
Or Metal, I get the same feel from both genres. Weird right?

Add me as a friend if you make an account on DA :D
kazualsk8r Posted: 15:03 May25 2011 Post ID: 3006732
kazualsk8r
aka Oatmeal
+
Will do!
Rip Betty white
Will d (mr ramdom) Posted: 09:11 Jun02 2011 Post ID: 3011499
Will d (mr ramdom)
*Insert witty title here*
Post Likes: 4
+
Nice poem, got anymore you can post up? They're pretty nice, and I could use them to help in my English. :D

Great job though, keep it up. Thumbs Up

^Sig by SG^

My Team. It's amazing.

Contact me at: [email protected]
BURNOUTFREAK Posted: 05:27 Jun04 2011 Post ID: 3012614
BURNOUTFREAK
edgy
+
Sure, just click on my DA account, everything is there.
nightmare2 Posted: 07:10 Jun04 2011 Post ID: 3012658
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
I like the second one you posted here more, seems a bit more smooth all the way through. Plus it tells a nice story and seems well written. I think you got talent just gotta get some more practice in, study about different types of poems, and experiment with them. By what I've read I am sure you could write a few more good solid poems.
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
BURNOUTFREAK Posted: 07:25 Jun04 2011 Post ID: 3012664
BURNOUTFREAK
edgy
+
Dude click on my DA :P I have written a few more. There's also another one that I put on Poetsanctuary that's not on DA that I will post later since I'm on my phone now.

Nightmare, I'm comfortable with the type and style of poetry I do now so I'll just keep up with that.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close