Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Bad Teachers

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
fatassmonkey Posted: 08:07 Sep04 2011 Post ID: 3059413
fatassmonkey
Some kind of monkey
Post Likes: 116
+
BURNOUTFREAK said:
steelersrock01 said:
BURNOUTFREAK said:Also just for interest sake, how many subjects do Americans have to take in High School?

My school has 'block scheduling', so we have two semesters a year, with 4 periods per semester, for a total of 8 classes a year.
In my high school, you need at least:
3 math classes
4 english classes
3 history classes
3 sciences
4 gym/health classes
1 art/music class
1 business/computer class

Usually you take one Math/English/History/Science class a year, and then you have a bunch of free time in your Senior year when your only classes are English and Gym. You can take a bunch or music or computer classes or opt for early release, so every ay is pretty much a half day.

Wow, sorry. Didn't release this was so long. You probably didn't want this much info lol.

What? o__O I did not understand that at all...

me 2 to long and if its that long it must be a bad teacher
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:27 Sep04 2011 Post ID: 3059491
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
BURNOUTFREAK said:
steelersrock01 said:
BURNOUTFREAK said:Also just for interest sake, how many subjects do Americans have to take in High School?

My school has 'block scheduling', so we have two semesters a year, with 4 periods per semester, for a total of 8 classes a year.
3 math classes
4 english classes
3 history classes
3 sciences
4 gym/health classes
1 art/music class

Usually you take one Math/English/History/Science class a year, and then you have a bunch of free time in your Senior year when your only classes are English and Gym. You can take a bunch or music or computer classes or opt for early release, so every ay is pretty much a half day.

Wow, sorry. Didn't release this was so long. You probably didn't want this much info lol.

Each school day has 4 periods. There's two semesters a year, for a total of 8 classes per year. Those ^^ are just the requirements to graduate.
BURNOUTFREAK Posted: 11:53 Sep04 2011 Post ID: 3059502
BURNOUTFREAK
edgy
Post Likes: 97
+
That's not fair D;

We have 7 subjects and 7 periods a day!

« Last edited by BURNOUTFREAK on Sep 4th 2011 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:57 Sep04 2011 Post ID: 3059504
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Well our periods are 84 minutes long. School day is 7:40 - 2:15
Traffic Monger Posted: 11:22 Sep05 2011 Post ID: 3059775
Traffic Monger
ヽ( ´ー `)ノ
Post Likes: 0
+
steelersrock01 said:
BURNOUTFREAK said:
steelersrock01 said:

3 math classes
4 english classes
3 history classes
3 sciences
4 gym/health classes
1 art/music class

Each school day has 4 periods. There's two semesters a year, for a total of 8 classes per year. Those ^^ are just the requirements to graduate.

For me it's:

Math: Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Geometry and a fourth math(AFM, discrete math, pre-calculus, calculus, or statistics)
English: English 1, English 2, English 3, and English 4
Science: Earth/Environmental, Biology, and a third science(physics, chemistry, or a physical science)
History: World History, Civics and Economics, and US history
One gym/Health class
Two foreign language classes(in the same language, like Spanish 1 and 2)
And then five more credits you get from computer/business classes, or if you take an extra math, history or science.

EDIT: Oh yeah, we're on a block schedule as well.

« Last edited by Traffic Monger on Sep 5th 2011 »

Signature credit goes to .Impact.

Skype - Shadezz80
Zaltias Posted: 16:36 Sep05 2011 Post ID: 3059878
Zaltias
+
TestVirus101 said:
Zaltias said:I had one particularly stand out incompetent teacher in High School. In Year 10, we had this American English teacher who had only been in the country for a year. She could not teach English for crap and we ended up spending most lessons just watching videos on Youtube. Suffice to say that she was fired at the end of the year.

Volke said:In University there are no 'bad' lecturers. It's more of a question of whether they use slideshows or not during lectures (as I find it difficult to learn by listening to people) and whether they have a boring voice or not.

Objection! You can have bad lecturers in the sense that they downplay particular sides of a theory, or do not completely explain or go into depth about the lecture content. I've got one lecturer for a Political Economics course who is a Marxist. She is biased towards heterodox economics over the standard Neoclassical approach, which in itself is fine. But she glosses over Neoclassical theory and always talks up Marxist theory in a simplistic manner, ignoring the problems with the analysis and ultimately dealing with it on a superficial level.

Do you have lots of graphs in your political economics course?

My regular economics course is pure graphs, I want to kill myself. It's worse cause the guy is Kiwi and I'm not a fan of the accent when it comes to hearing it go on about graph after graph after graph T-T

Political Economy is devoid of graphs for the most part, might see the basic market supply and demand curve once or twice but that's it. Although, since I'm doing an Economics degree (I do Political Economy as my electives to bludge around a bit) I've got to do regular eco as well. I'm doing Microeconomics this sem and there are way too many graphs, supply curves, demand curves, elasticity curve, cost curves and I've probably left out about 20 more.

I did do Macro last sem and thankfully there were only about 3 graphs we had to know, short run and long run demand, policy reaction function and the solo/swan long term economic growth model.

10 - Supply Depot (1)
13 - Barracks
15 - Marine (1)
16 - Orbital Command + Supply Depot (2)
16 @100% Marine (1) - Command Center (2)
21 - Bunker (1) + Barracks (2) (3)
TestVirus101 Posted: 01:40 Sep06 2011 Post ID: 3060027
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
Zaltias said:
TestVirus101 said:
Zaltias said:I had one particularly stand out incompetent teacher in High School. In Year 10, we had this American English teacher who had only been in the country for a year. She could not teach English for crap and we ended up spending most lessons just watching videos on Youtube. Suffice to say that she was fired at the end of the year.

Volke said:In University there are no 'bad' lecturers. It's more of a question of whether they use slideshows or not during lectures (as I find it difficult to learn by listening to people) and whether they have a boring voice or not.

Objection! You can have bad lecturers in the sense that they downplay particular sides of a theory, or do not completely explain or go into depth about the lecture content. I've got one lecturer for a Political Economics course who is a Marxist. She is biased towards heterodox economics over the standard Neoclassical approach, which in itself is fine. But she glosses over Neoclassical theory and always talks up Marxist theory in a simplistic manner, ignoring the problems with the analysis and ultimately dealing with it on a superficial level.

My regular economics course is pure graphs, I want to kill myself. It's worse cause the guy is Kiwi and I'm not a fan of the accent when it comes to hearing it go on about graph after graph after graph T-T

Political Economy is devoid of graphs for the most part, might see the basic market supply and demand curve once or twice but that's it. Although, since I'm doing an Economics degree (I do Political Economy as my electives to bludge around a bit) I've got to do regular eco as well. I'm doing Microeconomics this sem and there are way too many graphs, supply curves, demand curves, elasticity curve, cost curves and I've probably left out about 20 more.

I did do Macro last sem and thankfully there were only about 3 graphs we had to know, short run and long run demand, policy reaction function and the solo/swan long term economic growth model.

Yeah we're just doing Micro atm. I did Eco for the HSC but that was two years ago and now it's just annoying.

Mostly because all the graphs are different but use the same variables like ATC, MC, MR, etc. so you've got to remember more the shape of the graph rather than what's on it.
.Impact Posted: 02:12 Sep06 2011 Post ID: 3060028
.Impact
Resident Graphics Artist
Post Likes: 1
+
My physics teacher is just horrible. You just don't learn anything. She makes annoying grunts and random squeaks when she points out formulas and then assumes that you understand.

Zaltias Posted: 07:37 Sep06 2011 Post ID: 3060044
Zaltias
+
TestVirus101 said:
Zaltias said:
TestVirus101 said:

Yeah we're just doing Micro atm. I did Eco for the HSC but that was two years ago and now it's just annoying.

Mostly because all the graphs are different but use the same variables like ATC, MC, MR, etc. so you've got to remember more the shape of the graph rather than what's on it.

HSC Eco is mainly just Macro, barely any help with the Micro stuff I've encountered thus far. Micro is annoying, I've got to study all that ATC, MC, AVC, MR and other rubbish for my mid sems next week. Some parts of the course just seem trivially useless, not sure if they cover it at UTS but we had a whole 2 hour lecture on Auctions; didnotseethepoint.jpg

10 - Supply Depot (1)
13 - Barracks
15 - Marine (1)
16 - Orbital Command + Supply Depot (2)
16 @100% Marine (1) - Command Center (2)
21 - Bunker (1) + Barracks (2) (3)
Ninetailed Fox Posted: 11:48 Sep06 2011 Post ID: 3060070
Ninetailed Fox
Kitsune
Post Likes: 6
+
I've only had one or two bad teachers as far as I remember and that was in elementary school. One teacher who was also the principle made fun of me and encouraged the class to do the same. He turned a blind eye when they did anything to me.

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
Catharsis Posted: 15:23 Sep09 2011 Post ID: 3060854
Catharsis
One thought fills immensity.
+
Zaltias said:

I can top that. The worst lecturer in my department only teaches one theory for her Pragmatics module. My friend who's a year above me disagreed with her theory and researched the alternate theory, which the lecturer herself admitted she didn't understand. But when my friend submitted her essay, the lecturer claimed that it demonstrated flawed understanding of the theory (remember, the one she knew nothing about...) and gave her a low mark essentially for disagreeing with the theory she'd been pushing.

And I have this lecturer for Pragmatics next year myself. Goddammit.

Signature and avatar made by Master Volthawk.
Email/MSN: empyrean decadence at hotmail dot com (Remove all spaces)

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
X__x Posted: 20:08 Sep10 2011 Post ID: 3061145
X__x
That Resigned Admin Face/Guy
Post Likes: 2
+
I once had a sexist teacher. She hated boys and loved the girls. This was back when I was about six years old, though. Constantly yelling at us.. It's a wonder I'm not cynical..

Well, at least not on the internet. In real life I'm almost as bad as Stan from South Park with cynicism.

Forgot I had this tag.

I'm also torn between Red and Green from Super Effective.
People kept asking me for minecraft skins. I now tell them to go to my website to request them.
sphynxx Posted: 21:27 Sep10 2011 Post ID: 3061160
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
I had a sexist Geography teacher when I was 15/16 in High School. Class of 20 or so students, 5 of us were guys - the teacher was such a cow haha. She favoured the girls in EVERYTHING even blatantly lied about answers & such during quizzes just so the girls would win.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Floatzel Posted: 21:39 Sep10 2011 Post ID: 3061163
Floatzel
My life is 200% a lie.
Post Likes: 12
+
Oh, god, don't get me started with my bio teacher. She doesn't even teach, she'll give us some none-stop work, than at the end of the week she'll just give out a test on the things we WEREN'T working on. And on most of the days the classmates are real butts, the don't really care much for anything and they'll just do whatever they can. Some trough pencils on the ceiling (surprisingly, they stick), some will go on youtube (which has been blocked by school's firewall for about 20 years now), and others will just try to make raps out of random idems in the room. Lol at nerd that tried to rap, he pwned this other guy xD Nerd got skillz, wow. While all of this happens, the teacher in her chair just trowing a fack 60-100 grades for test she never even hands out. I'm passing >:P

so, my scedule sucks to. first period's math (BORING), then career center (which has nothing to do with careers, ironicly), then bio (mention above), some dumb teacher named "Mr. Shoemaker" (which always were some neat shoes, wow), stem (4 classes in one), then lang (feels like the fastest class).

So, my teachers suck, and my schedule's worse.

Credit to Myself for the sig.
Catharsis Posted: 22:28 Sep11 2011 Post ID: 3061349
Catharsis
+
sphynxx said:I had a sexist Geography teacher when I was 15/16 in High School. Class of 20 or so students, 5 of us were guys - the teacher was such a cow haha. She favoured the girls in EVERYTHING even blatantly lied about answers & such during quizzes just so the girls would win.

Hum. I suppose that's one advantage of going to a single-sex school as I did - that can't really happen.

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
sphynxx Posted: 22:50 Sep11 2011 Post ID: 3061352
sphynxx
+
Catharsis said:
sphynxx said:I had a sexist Geography teacher when I was 15/16 in High School. Class of 20 or so students, 5 of us were guys - the teacher was such a cow haha. She favoured the girls in EVERYTHING even blatantly lied about answers & such during quizzes just so the girls would win.

Hum. I suppose that's one advantage of going to a single-sex school as I did - that can't really happen.

Heh, my friend & I were the top of the class, so we'd always debate her answers and prove her wrong. We never lost. Even when it was he & I against the rest of the class haha.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Catharsis Posted: 23:07 Sep11 2011 Post ID: 3061353
Catharsis
+
sphynxx said:
Catharsis said:

Heh, my friend & I were the top of the class, so we'd always debate her answers and prove her wrong. We never lost. Even when it was he & I against the rest of the class haha.

My teachers were never really big on "debating" the students. If you pointed out a mistake they made they generally just corrected it and moved on. Although I did have some teachers of the "shut up and get on with your work" type, but they were fortunately comparatively rare.

sphynxx Posted: 23:33 Sep11 2011 Post ID: 3061354
sphynxx
+
Oh she was like, but we wouldn't let her get away with it. She wouldn't accept she was wrong, so we'd go to any lengths to prove her wrong, just to see how far she'd let us push before conceding haha

Repner Posted: 02:14 Sep12 2011 Post ID: 3061365
Repner
+
I've seen the good, the bad, and the ugly of music teachers (I know. Music again?). The worst just happened to be a college guitar teacher. Rather than actually show us anything, he just gave us handouts. Lots of them. If he asked you to explain something, he'd ask you why you don't know it because it was somewhere in the 50 pages of handouts he gave us only a week before.

Later in the year it was a jazz guitarist teaching our guitar class. Such an improvement. Best guitar teacher I've ever been to. Really knew how to make complex technique and theory stick without making you feel like you're about to suffer a stroke
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close